Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2011, 06:08 PM   #1
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Chilly 4.0 The Quadrilogy - Day 15

Saturday 9th October 2010

Up fairly early to get the last minute bits packed and get ready for the journey home. Normal breakfast at the foodcourt. We arrived at DTD Virgin check in, this is the latest we'd ever arrived here but that seemed right given the more relaxed holiday we'd had this time. There was a bit of a queue but it moved quickly and we chatted to the couple next to us in the queue. This time they were weighing cases, I was a bit worried about ours, I gave her the lightest case first and it was just under, the other case was just over, in the end the cases combined were 0.3 under overall, and she didn't say anything just putting a heavy sticker on the 2nd case, which was good as we'd seen them making one family repack. At the desk they asked if we wanted window seats instead of the 2 seats we had (2 of the middle 4) but I said no (I don't like to ask people to move or to have to move for other people), I then said unless you've got a 2 at the back and I was very surprised when he said yes so I was very pleased to change to them. For I second I wondered if we should have stayed with a 4 as in the past the flight home has always been half empty and we might have had the 4 to ourselves, and in the past i've always stretched out on a 3 or 4 to sleep.

Back to the car and I couldn't decide where to go for our last day. We have no plans to return to WDW so wanted to make the most of our last day. I thought about what my fav things were, TOT, Soarin, Splash Mountain etc, now we aren't coming back to WDW but we are going to Disneyland and all my fav rides are there as well. I really wanted another butterbeer but thought it would be nuts to pay to park at universal just to get a drink. MK is my fav park but I knew i'd cry if we went there but in the end I decided I couldn't not go there so off we went and I decided that we'd focus on meeting characters.

First stop is the Poly though where we look at our photopass pictures and buy a couple and hop onto the monorail over to MK. At the entrance of the park I spot Pinocchio and then Daisy Duck then its onto the train round to Toontown where I opt for the princess queue as its shorter than the fairy one but still quite a wait. The interaction with the princesses was much better than when we'd gone to CRT in January.

Lunch was at the Columbia Harbour House. I had chicken strips, DH had shrimps. For dessert we had some sweets we'd picked up in toontown, fudge for DH and a giant oreo for me.

Tried to meet Frontier Donald but the line was closed. Went round to Adventureland and saw a long queue but with no characters at the end so I asked who they were waiting for, it was Ariel, I love the Little Mermaid so we joined the queue even though it was going to be a bit of a wait. DH went and got a dole whip and I chatted to the Mum and daughter in line next to me.

We went into the Main Street shops, DH said I couldn't have a D&B bag as we'd spent too much money already. We got a drink and sat in the shade in the little side street off Main Street to drink it. It was nearly parade time so we grabbed a bit of sidewalk in the shade. I noticed Main Street didn't get busy until right before the parade started. A CM was entertaining people by tossing them a giant dice which had different things to do on each side such as jumping jacks and sit ups. Before the parade was a school marching band and then it was showtime.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:09 PM   #2
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

At the end of the parade I decided that was a good time to leave MK, I cried as I waved goodbye to the castle. We decide to get the resort launch back to the poly. I cry some more while waiting for the boat and then while on the boat but this may be because there is a little girl onboard who is absolutely screaming her head off and i'm quite tempted to throw her overboard.

Back at the Poly we chill for a bit in the lobby and DH gives in and buys me a D&B bag! On that note its time to go home. On our other trips DH has always made us get to the airport really early but this time we'd timed it perfectly until we found out there was a 40 minute delay.

(dropping the car off)

(my bag)

(my pandora)

We get some food, Big Mac for me, pizza for DH and then head to the gate. Once onboard we find the plane is pretty full so are glad of our seats. No games on this flight but they put the wrong films on though which meant we got Toy Story 3 and I could see that nearly everyone was watching it then the cabin crew realise its the wrong one and turn it off, I was not impressed, the woman next to me was absolutely incensed and marched off to complain. So I watch Sex and the City 2 instead and DH watches Grown Ups. We both get the chicken curry to eat and then turn out our lights to get some sleep. I listen to Harry Potter read by Stephen Fry on my MP3 player as it sends me to sleep (in a good way) and before we know it we are landing, we'd made up the 40 minute delay so landed on time. I felt much better this time sleeping sitting up than when I'd lay down in the past although i'm still very tired. Pick up the bags, catch the train home to Reading then into a taxi to our house, arriving home about midday.

THE END

(Stay tuned for my Pre-TR coming to a disboard near you next week)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2011, 03:43 AM   #3
Jets fan
DIS Veteran

Claire, have really enjoyed your trip report, sad it's come to an end, but what a great day to go out on.

Tina
Jets fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:17 AM   #4
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Thanks for sharing your fab trip report with us Claire, I've really enjoyed reading it. Glad you got a D&B bag on your last day

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:33 AM   #5
strawberry blonde
DIS Veteran

Love that bag Claire

Another trippie comes to an end but really glad that you're going again.
strawberry blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:24 AM   #6
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry blonde View Post
Love that bag Claire

Another trippie comes to an end but really glad that you're going again.
Sadly not going again, don't know when we'll get back to WDW, my Pre-TR is for a different holiday although it does feature Disney of course.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:44 PM   #7
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!

Just got all caught up!
Now I need to get up to speed with your Disneyland plans so I can be lazier with our 2012 planning and steal some of your ideas!
Hmmmm, where's your Pre-TR??

WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

meryll83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:55 PM   #8
Sapper383
DIS Veteran

Claire it sounds like you had a fab time.....thanks for sharing

Oh.....and I love your bag
Old 01-09-2011, 03:25 PM   #9
disney_princess_85
Liked the sky effect
If we feel like having pop tarts for breakfast we can

Great TR Claire.
January 2002- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, October 2007- Disneyland Paris, Newport Bay Club, May 2008- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort, January 2009- Disneyland Paris, Holiday Inn, March 2009- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, May 2009- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2009- Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs/Universal Studios, Hard Rock Hotel Club Level, November 2009- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, February 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, May 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, August-September 2010- Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort Club Level, October 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, December 2010-January 2011- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2011- Walt Disney World, POFQ/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs, October 2012- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Wilderness Lodge, February 2013- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, October 2013- Walt Disney World, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, May 2014- Disneyland, Paradise Pier

Lauren
disney_princess_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:33 PM   #10
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by meryll83 View Post
Just got all caught up!
Now I need to get up to speed with your Disneyland plans so I can be lazier with our 2012 planning and steal some of your ideas!
Hmmmm, where's your Pre-TR??
I'll get started on it tomorrow - need to think of a good title - any ideas?
Old 01-09-2011, 03:38 PM   #11
jen_uk
Eurovision Nut !!

Great trip report

My dis buddy is Carolfoy
jen_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:37 PM   #12
irongirlof12
Am I the only one who loves Quorn Sausages?
I would love to be at Ghiradelli's ice cream parlour with a massive choc sundae

last day blues always hit don't they? you did well I have really enjoyed your trip report, all the more for meeting you att he girlie weekend. can't wait for your next one.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:45 PM   #13
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by irongirlof12 View Post
last day blues always hit don't they? you did well I have really enjoyed your trip report, all the more for meeting you att he girlie weekend. can't wait for your next one.
I'm still feeling the blues. I'm having WDW withdrawal. Not knowing when I'll go back is so sad, not even my upcoming trip is helping at the moment, but hopefully kicking off the Pre-TR will help, can't start it today though as DH needs the PC now.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:01 PM   #14
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
I'll get started on it tomorrow - need to think of a good title - any ideas?
Yey! Hmmm not feeling any inspiration at the moment for a title, you'll come up with something good though

WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

meryll83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:18 AM   #15
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by meryll83 View Post
Yey! Hmmm not feeling any inspiration at the moment for a title, you'll come up with something good though
I've started it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: