Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2011, 09:47 PM   #1
Dicecatt
DIS Veteran

Christening AND Maiden Voyage of the Dream...6 heavenly nights! COMPLETE

Trip report time! I'm going to combine my voyages since they are so close together.

I will also be saving pages for each day, that worked out wonderfully for my med report so I'm doing it again!

Trip #1:
Cast: me, obviously Disney obsessed as I plan trips for a living and own a company mainly devoted to Disney
DH: Dicedawg, along for the ride and mostly a good sport but occasionally earns the nickname "Grumpy"
DDalmost12: AKA Drama, she is a competitive cheerleader but is not whining about missing practice for this!
DSalmost12: AKA Goofy...my darling son is much "easier" than his high maintenance twin. They turn 12 on Jan 26 so although I'll be out of town, this is quite a present...
DD5: She just loves everyone and everything and just lost her second front tooth.
DD16: AKA Irritated...she doesn't get to go. She can't miss school...darn high school...so is staying with a friend while we party on the Dream. I will bring her a present. Maybe a Dream Dooney??? We'll see

Plan:
Arrive January 17th in the late evening, WL for two nights
January 18th: Animal Kingdom during the day, then off to MK at 6 for the private party (woo hoo) and Dream celebration in a closed park!
January 19th: board transfers around 7 or 8 AM to be taken to port...where the Christening will be held at the terminal and repositioning of the ship (from what I understand).
January 20: Castaway!
January 21: Goodbye, Dream...for 5 days!

I'm still waiting anxiously for more details on this trip...I was given a cabin for five, so I get to see one of the new oceanview 5 sleepers (and I do have my cabin number already, but NO docs)

Trip #2:
I'm tagging along with my friend Grlzmom and a few of her kids. This was a just in case I didn't get on a prior cruise, but I'm very happy about it still...gives me lots of time on the Dream and I love Jeanne, we met on the DIS last year and clicked (some of you know how that is)
Plan:
We have two connecting inside virtual porthole cabins.
January 25: arrive around noon. Still debating on Country Inn & Suites or a night at Universal, where Grlzmom and her crew will have been after her B&G Dream preview. Leaning towards some Harry P...
January 26: Board the ship for an awesome party!
January 27-30: more fun onboard, and then back to my neglected family.

I will be posting live on the Christening!

Last edited by Dicecatt; 02-19-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Dicecatt is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: