Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2011, 08:29 PM   #916
norybell
DIS Veteran

What a fun dinner - and what a gorgeous sunset! Hope the rest of the evening turns out as nice as e beginning was!
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

Old 01-03-2011, 08:39 PM   #917
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

1900 PF looks like so much fun!! I can't wait to check it out with the Spectrum Moms in just a few weeks!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2011, 11:38 PM   #918
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
I have been thinking about this character meal for quite some time now and one thing that allways put me off was that I thought that the room looked like cheap decor.... Good to know that someone who saw it in person confirms my suspicions... With the way the prices for Disney buffets are going, I don't see myself eating at them in the future, though... Just as you, I am not a buffet person. I really prefer my meal to be plated, it looks prettier.
It does look like cheap decor and not at all what one would expect from the GF. If you aren't on the DDP I wouldn't advise it at all but since we were, it lessened the pain of the buffet prices, which are ridiculous.

It looks prettier plated....among one of the many reasons I prefer it that way. But, I must admit, as a kid, I loved buffets too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I've got to meet those stepsisters someday, they look like a hoot.

My kids aren't really into the characters anymore, but I think they might like this one. Like you say, they're "real" not "fur", and seem like a lot of fun.
I think your crew would get a kick out of the "face" characters quite a bit! I can absolutely see them enjoying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBiscuit View Post
Nifty update Cynthia!

It had me cracking up a couple of times.
My work is done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
What a fun night!

Your sunset pictures are just beautiful! My favorite one is Space Mountain with that huge orange sun right behind it!

Cinderella dancing with the princesses sounds so sweet! I miss Chelsea being a little girl!

I got a huge kick out of all the pictures with the stepmother and the stepsisters. They look like they were a scream to be around!
It was so much fun and the ride was SOOOO pretty! Just put us all in a wonderful mood.

A scream. Literally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Fun update! Glad you really enjoyed the character interaction. I have not eaten there yet but I would really like to try breakfast. I agree with you, the restaurant needs an update in appearance. Funny how things age and what was probably so cute not too long ago looks like a cafeteria now.

Great pictures of the kids, especially Kendall and the prince. Great fun!
I'd be up for breakfast there, even though it's a buffet, I'd get a kick out of seeing that hatter!

It TOTALLY looks like a bad corporate cafeteria. The likes of which I installed far too much coffee equipment over the years

Didn't seem to bother anyone but me though.

Old 01-03-2011, 11:47 PM   #919
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Sooooo excited for your trip to Germany!!! I hope you are able to meet up with Magdalene!! I know I am repeating myself from my email today....that is what happens when you get so behind on the Dis
as of today we officially have plans!

Very excited

Quote:
I have never eaten at the Commissary either....it kind of always scared me honestly Usually for any CS at HS I head over to Starring Rolls...mmm mmm mmm!!
I like Starring Rolls but I do not like the line there! The Commissary scared me to but hey, when you are soggy and starving you...punt. And are grateful it's edible! And ecstatic when it exceeds that expectation.

The beauty of low expectations.

Quote:
Beautiful sunset pictures...what a pretty night and then a fun dinner!! The stepsisters crack me up....they are so in character. My oldest niece and I met up with them last year and Anastasia was making funny comments to my ginger niece...she is more strawberry blondish than red but they had a fun dialog going back and forth!
Are you packed yet? LOL!!! Just kidding!!!

Tracy
I am SO not packed yet, I don't even have a list going except in my head. I've had other distractions (of which I think you have an inkling of lol) I did at least get some of the baptism gifts today and found out my phone won't work over there and Magdalene and I made some plans...and got my brothers wish list of what I need to bring him (aka big bags of Starbucks from Costco) but that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Hey Cynthia...I am FINALLY all caught up!

Glad to hear everyone enjoyed Raglan Road. We love it too. The food is fantastically surprising. We tried it for the 1st time in 2007 and were expecting glorified pub food. How wrong were we??? I agree with you completely...it can compete for some of the best meals in WDW.
Hi Stranger! You didn't miss much actually as I've been SO lame about updates! So funny, I had your thread open last night and am not sure I actually posted! I need to go back, I've been trying to get caught up everywhere. LOL!

LOVE Raglan Can't wait to go there in May with the girls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Loved the review of TL. We have yet to do a waterpark, but hope to do so on the next family trip.

Too bad you were rained out at HS and at the pool. But sounded like a heavenly way to pass the time out there relaxing on the balcony with book and beveridges.

Glad your crew enjoyed themselves at PF. I would not have seen that one coming!

Looking forward to more!
I think your crew would enjoy a water park day, a nice change of pace. PF was a blast, actually better than I expected with the characters and the fact that I have pictures to document it is...priceless!

I need to order a new calendar with them on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepingbooty View Post
The water looked beautiful on your trip over. How relaxing! I'll stay at WL for the boat alone.

Hmmm. 1900 Park Fare. We went for our first time this trip. Definitely agree with you on the ambience factor - it was lacking. In fact, the whole set up was weird, don't you think? The waiting area and the entry were just, not working for me. It seemed like they took an old banquet room and dressed it up a bit so they could fit another restaurant in. However, I did think the food was pretty good. Especially the Coq au Vin and the strawberry soup. I think we were just buffet-ed out by that point. Amazing character interaction, though! Love the pic with Taylor.
The layout is completely odd and I do think you are right that it is a converted bqt room. The food was good. Presentation of the actual buffet line lacking big time but the food was quite edible!

One of my very favorite things about WL was that boat ride, you just can't beat it for access to the MK. If I ever get to the YC on this TR (and then the HRH) I'll actually share my thoughts on all 3 compare/contrast but that was a definite highlight of the WL.

That and that balcony!

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
What a fun dinner - and what a gorgeous sunset! Hope the rest of the evening turns out as nice as e beginning was!
Thanks! The rest of the evening is coming up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
1900 PF looks like so much fun!! I can't wait to check it out with the Spectrum Moms in just a few weeks!
You will have a BLAST there, it would a riot with a bunch of girlfriends. I can't believe how close your trip is!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-04-2011, 05:47 AM   #920
natebenma
DIS Veteran

WOW!!! Gorgeous sunset pictures! What an amazing ride that must have been. I hope your family appreciates the research you put into boarding that boat at the perfect time!

I enjoyed your description of the 1900 PF. It sounds like you guys had a great, fun time. We have never been, and I don't really think the boys would put it on their wishlist. Even after your fantastic review.

So cute with the little girls getting up and dancing with Cinderella and Prince Charming. What a special memory that must be for the families. And you, too, I guess!
Old 01-04-2011, 06:06 AM   #921
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
as of today we officially have plans!

Very excited
Me too!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Old 01-04-2011, 09:27 AM   #922
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
WOW!!! Gorgeous sunset pictures! What an amazing ride that must have been. I hope your family appreciates the research you put into boarding that boat at the perfect time!
they should, shouldn't they!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I enjoyed your description of the 1900 PF. It sounds like you guys had a great, fun time. We have never been, and I don't really think the boys would put it on their wishlist. Even after your fantastic review.

So cute with the little girls getting up and dancing with Cinderella and Prince Charming. What a special memory that must be for the families. And you, too, I guess!
Understandable, not sure it would have made it on ours ever were we not at WL and planning a MK evening EMH. Having been to Kona, WCC already, with plans for Ohana later in the trip and not loving the MK options (CP seems even "less" appealing to me for some reason though the ambiance is better I guess) it was the best option that made my life easiest.

And it worked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Me too!
Look at you with your super decoder siggie

Old 01-04-2011, 12:37 PM   #923
mrp4352
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
It was a good choice for this trip, I'd probably be up for trying the breakfast on another trip.

If you do, don't forget that it's different characters at breakfast... However, we had the absolute best interaction with the Mad Hatter and Pooh Bear when we had breakfast there!

Disney Dream Maiden Voyage trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post40042393
May 21, 2012 Yukon Ho! Wonder cruise report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2937171
Old 01-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #924
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrp4352 View Post
If you do, don't forget that it's different characters at breakfast... However, we had the absolute best interaction with the Mad Hatter and Pooh Bear when we had breakfast there!
I knew it was the Mad Hatter, didn't realize Pooh was there as well...kind of an odd combo!
Old 01-04-2011, 07:12 PM   #925
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

When I left you, we were dashing out from a dashing Prince, his lovely princess and less than lovely relatives. Don’t we all have those?
Heck, I keep waiting to be the evil Stepmom but so far it hasn’t happened yet. At least that my hears can hear.

We had a mission.

Nightastic!

Would we catch the show?

As we exticted the GF a “BOOM” sounded and we knew we didn’t have time to make it to the beach or the marina. The next best thing was the little inlet I guess you’d call it, in the Captians ship marina, right in front of Gasparillas, handily located at the exit we were dashing out of.

I confess.

I didn’t take a single picture.

As some of you may recall, we had fireworks fiasco after fireworks fiasco on our 2008 trip. The only ones we’d seen, thanks to last minute changing times, was by pure luck/fluke from a boat. We wanted, I needed, to see a show, any show, in its entirely. The kids didn’t know what they had missed but we did and Jeff was just as motivated as I was.

Standing there, in front of the GF, at the end of the marina, the skies lit up.

Not just a little.

Not just over the castle.

But the ENTIRE sky.

As if, you were watching it in widescreen TV.

Nightastic indeed.

Music for the show played over the GF outdoor speakers as the sky lit up.

Who could take a pic?

Not I.

It was to be…enjoyed. Inhaled. Breathe in, out, look up.

All encompassing.

We all felt it.

It was truly truly amazing the way it lit up the entire sky. I daresay, and we said so at the time, that our view was better where we were than had we made it to the MK.

Magical.

Literally feeling high once it ended we headed back to the monorail knowing that would be the faster way to MK and our EMH. Now, my camera is your basic low/medium end point and shoot. It sucks at nighttime/low light shots so we will have to go on memory here.

Here is what I recall.

Wandering in we headed left, having Splash and BTMRR on the brain. Our first stop was the Jungle Cruise. Which alas, doesn’t run during EMH. Pirates does so….a visit to Jack Sparrow was in order. Upon our exit what did we see? Magic Carpets! While we’d cruised by this a million times before without even paying attention, honestly even noticing that this ride existed, those camels seemed to glow and glisten in the dark, golden and looking far more fun and less carnival like than in the daytime. Ride a flying carpet? Why not, it was open! As we boarded our carpets a certain camel decided I was not worthy.
Do you know what those camels do?

They SPIT!

On you.

The unsuspecting clueless rider

Right in the EYE.

I got SOAKED.

And darn it, it was funny!

Really funny!

The ride was fun, in it’s Dumbo way. Since I was already wet, Splash seemed in order. K wasn’t thrilled by the idea, cute dress and all and Eric was freaked out by the prospect but being the mean mean parents, we talked them onto the ride. The wait wasn’t bad, 20 minutes I think. We grabbed FP’s for BRMRR and then went back to Splash. Boarding our log we settled in for some Brer Bear and Brer Rabbit.

Except it seems like they were up to something.

Or at least that’s what the ride told us, when it stopped.

“Brer Fox and Brer Bear are having some trouble with that pesky Brer Rabbit” and so basically wait while they get the ride going again.

Except it didn’t.

Get going.

What DID keep going was the soundtrack.
To “Everybody has a laughing place” from Song of the South. Complete with the whooshing of the air jets that animate the animatronics. Amazing how much louder that is, and noticeable, when you are stuck in a log next to a frog.

And going, and going and going! Engerizer Bunny like. It became unlaughable awfully fast. then again, Zippity Doo Dah would have been just as painful, had we been stuck there I'd think.

The log riders, as we piled up, log to log, made the best of it in true game fashion.

Meaning a mean…log….WAVE

Starting at the front log and going back.

Back how far I’ve no idea, those logs go ‘round bends so you really couldn’t see. The wave would come back and so it went, back and forth back and forth.

With music. Of course.
Everybody's got a laughing place (high ho!).
A laughing place to go-ho-ho! (high ho!).
Take that frown
Turn it upside down
And you'll find yours
We say-hey-hey.
And soon you'll find
You're here to stay!
Interrupted with the occasional
“Brer Fox and Brer Bear are having some trouble with that pesky Brer Rabbit” (or something to that effect) and so basically wait while they get the ride going again.

Great attitudes and waves notwithstanding at a certain point someone, not one of my crew mind you, was
overcome.

And shouted

SHOOT THE BEAR!

It was pretty darn funny.

Stuck on Splash Mountain. A pictorial.

Now by my cameras time stamp and facebook updates , we were stuck at 11:18 or earlier and not exiting until about 11:40. I know we were stuck for a good 10 minutes before I bothered pulling out phone and camera.
It was LONG 30 minutes to say the least. Once they gave up and had us exit, it was by no means organized or smooth. We were given an fast pass per person, good anywhere, 1x use for the next 10 days.

Which really didn’t make up for our lost hour. If I NEVER hear the laughing place song again, I will be ok.
Not that we needed the FP’s at this point, we still headed over to BTMRR feeling more than a little ride deprived. As always, at night, it did not disappoint. Not that it does during the day either but somehow it’s so much more fun at night! Not that the gang looks all that excited here but do bear in mind this is pre-ride and they are still mentally in Splash Stuck Syndrome.

Immensely cheered, we headed off to fly with Peter. Only at night, with no lines, could we convince Jeff to do it.
And we loved it! Or at least Kendall and I did.
Tired, but ride redeemed , it was time for one last (blurrier than I’d like) photopass shot.

And with that, almost but not quite closing down the park that had a 2am EMH closing time it was time for a boat ride back to the Wilderness and BED! I had an early date but the rest could sleep in, something I think they were all excited about.

Up next…Sailing away to the Yacht Club!

But first, A WONDERful idea!

Last edited by eandesmom; 01-12-2011 at 09:57 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:28 PM   #926
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

OK...I have to confess that I get just a wee bit excited whenever I see a fresh update from you, Cynthia. I know I'm in for a well-told tale of adventure and you did not dissapoint tonight. I really felt like I was there with you, standing outside of the GF, watching the summer sky light up. What a magical evening. I must also say that getting stuck on a ride like that would probably end with me laughing maniacally, as I did when I thought we were going to get stuck on IASW during EMHs last year! Truly, truly terrifying. And, you're right...there is just something about BTMRR, especially at night. Love the photopass pictures, especially the last few where the random guy in the striped shirt is out of the background.
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

Old 01-04-2011, 07:41 PM   #927
MEK
DIS Veteran

Being stuck on Splash mtn with that soundtrack going much have been absolute torture. I never understand why the soundtrack has to keep going and going and GOING! Its horrible and its loud.

I have always wondered what it would be like to exit off that ride and go back stage. Looks cool, although it probably wasn't at the time.

Great PP pictures in front of the castle!
So glad you got to see the fireworks from the GF. I bet it was lovely.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-04-2011, 07:43 PM   #928
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Oh you got the special exit!!!! ACK! I would have to agree that is one song I wouldn't be able to handle hearing over and over again! Well glad you were able to redeem yourselves with a few rides afterall! I agree BTMRR is a great ride at night!!! Glad you were able to see the show -- it is fun from that side, you see it all! We loved watching it from Narcossee's our last night... It was a neat show I agree!

Bed sounds like it is in order! Can't wait for more!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 01-04-2011, 09:24 PM   #929
cdotla
Trish

Too, too funny!!!! Save for It's A Small World, I can't imagine a worse ride song to be stuck listening to for a 1/2 hour.

That would have been something to see everyone crawling out of their logs and exiting out the backdoor!

Sounds like a very successful night! Glad you caught the fireworks and got in a decent (and complete) ride before the night was over.

Looking forward to more!
Old 01-04-2011, 09:40 PM   #930
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I've got to meet those stepsisters someday, they look like a hoot.

My kids aren't really into the characters anymore, but I think they might like this one. Like you say, they're "real" not "fur", and seem like a lot of fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
What a fun night!

I got a huge kick out of all the pictures with the stepmother and the stepsisters. They look like they were a scream to be around!
PF was a hoot! I went with DS and I am glad I moved it to later in the trip. It also gave me the chance to "talk" with DS about just having some fun and being silly. I was afraid he was going to be a "stick in the mud" and not "play"
I had a blast because of what he did with the steps and Lady Tremain.

Isn't it great to catch the fireworks in a "different" place? The summer nightastic fireworks were spectactular.

Splash- stuck with the song going on and on and on . Well more like
At first I was like " what a great way to get decent pictures in sm", but then having to get out and walk out...

But like a good Diser you took pictures the whole way.

I am surprised all you got was 1 stinking FP. Glad you could enjoy EMH without further incident.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: