Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2011, 08:09 PM   #1
thecapells
Disney Dad

Jedi Academy Sign-up?

Has anyone done the sign-up for Jedi Academy yet?
If so, how does it work?
Where do you sign up and can you select a show for later in the day?
thecapells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:00 PM   #2
FlightlessDuck
Pluto's personal nose scratcher
Dumb people spoiling my fun makes me a sad Panda

The only time I did Jedi Academy, it was luck of the draw, but that was 2006. I thought now it was more of a first-come first-serve kind of deal. I don't think you "sign up". But then again, I could definitely be wrong.

'87: Off Site, '94: GF, '02: FWC, '06: POP, '09: CSR, '10: POP, '12: CSR
FlightlessDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2011, 09:03 PM   #3
penchris
Mouseketeer

I want to know the latest on this too

My DS 12 really, really wants to do Jedi Training Academy and this trip will be his one and only chance before he is too old. I have read some of the older posts, but there seems to be conflicting information on the process, number of kids accepted, chances to get in, etc. If anyone has done this recently, please fill us in. Thanks in advance.
penchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:11 PM   #4
ChrisAlli
DIS Veteran

We just did this in Nov. They took 15 kids per show, kids have to be with you when you sign them up. If you are not in the first show they will sign you up, give you a slip of your show time and tell you to be back 30 minutes before your show time. There were like 8 shows a day. Also photopass photogs were there and got some great shots.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:14 PM   #5
thecapells
Disney Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisAlli View Post
We just did this in Nov. They took 15 kids per show, kids have to be with you when you sign them up. If you are not in the first show they will sign you up, give you a slip of your show time and tell you to be back 30 minutes before your show time. There were like 8 shows a day. Also photopass photogs were there and got some great shots.
What time can you sign up and can you choose which show later in the day you want to be part of?
Old 01-03-2011, 09:26 PM   #6
ChrisAlli
DIS Veteran

We went over as soon as the park opened so we made first show, think we were like 5th in line. If you can, one adult with kids to Star Tours and one with tickets to TSM to get fastpasses... It takes a while just to get signed up.

I'm fairly certain you cannot pick your show, but I really don't know. I thought they were filling them in from first to last
Old 01-04-2011, 06:05 AM   #7
thecapells
Disney Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisAlli View Post
We went over as soon as the park opened so we made first show, think we were like 5th in line. If you can, one adult with kids to Star Tours and one with tickets to TSM to get fastpasses... It takes a while just to get signed up.

I'm fairly certain you cannot pick your show, but I really don't know. I thought they were filling them in from first to last
Interesting idea.
I was hoping for the 2:20 show - think I can stop by about 10 to sign-up for that one or do the slots fill up fast?
Old 01-04-2011, 06:21 AM   #8
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecapells View Post
Interesting idea.
I was hoping for the 2:20 show - think I can stop by about 10 to sign-up for that one or do the slots fill up fast?
We got there at 9:30 am. This was early Dec. on a day TP listed as a 4 I think. Our son got into the 4:00 show. I think if you get there at 10 it might be too late.

Get there early and hang out at the side. If you want to be in the 3rd show, let 30 kids ahead of you, kwim?
momof2gr8kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:47 AM   #9
thecapells
Disney Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2gr8kids View Post
We got there at 9:30 am. This was early Dec. on a day TP listed as a 4 I think. Our son got into the 4:00 show. I think if you get there at 10 it might be too late.

Get there early and hang out at the side. If you want to be in the 3rd show, let 30 kids ahead of you, kwim?
Wow - didn't realize they get that filled. 4:00 is the 7th of 8 shows everyday.
And they were up to there by 9:30?
We better sign up right at opening.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:56 AM   #10
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

You can't choose your show. And from what I have seen on this board getting there 9:30 - 10 will usually get you one of the early afternoon shows. But there's not a lot of data posted and there do seem to be some days it fills earlier.

If anyone who has done it since the sign up change can post their sign-up/show times that would be really helpful.

The full Jedi thread with all the details can be found here.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....highlight=jedi
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:11 AM   #11
mousejunkie98
DIS Veteran

The shows definitely fill up quickly now that they're doing sign-ups instead of making you stand in line and wait! Even on slow days, they'll be full by 10.

On Star Wars Weekends (and I've even heard reports of this happening in the busy summer months) they take 30 kids per show instead of just 15, but you REALLY have to get in line right away! We got there at 8 a.m. on and EMH morning and ran to the sign up, where we had to stand in line for an hour. But it was worth it, because my son made it into a show just after lunch, and he got a little Luke Skywalker figurine for participating. The PhotoPass shots are incredible!
Feb. 2013 Art of Animation / Nov. 2012 - Polynesian, Contemporary / May 2012 - Aulani / Dec. 2011 - POFQ / Sept. 2011 - Contemporary, Disney Dream, CSR / May, 2011 - Disney Dream, AKL, Boardwalk / Sept. 2010 - Disney Wonder / 2010 - Jan, Polynesian; June, CBR; Sept. AKL / 2006 - Fort Wilderness Cabin / 2001 & 2002 - offsite / 2000 - Wilderness Lodge / 1998 - Honeymoon at the Lodge! / 1995 - Wilderness Lodge / 1981 - 1st trip to WDW!
mousejunkie98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:25 AM   #12
LilGMom
It makes me want to Kiss on the lips!
I have caught myself laughing more than a few times

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecapells View Post
Has anyone done the sign-up for Jedi Academy yet?
If so, how does it work?
Where do you sign up and can you select a show for later in the day?
Just like other posters have said, if your child wants to do Jedi Training get there early because the shows do fill up quickly. Currently they are lining up potential Padawans under the Ewok huts at Star Tours (just left of the store entrance) to sign up for the shows. Your child has to be in line and with you in order to be signed up. There will be a CM that will ask your child a few questions and then they will be given a slip of paper that has their name on it, and the time of their show. It will state that they need to be back at the JT stage thirty minutes prior to their show. Keep in mind that the time on the slip is the time of their show and not what time they need to be back at the stage. You are not allowed to request a particular show since the CMs have a certain number of paper slips per show to hand out and go through the stack in order. During the show they will learn a little routine to battle Darth Vader and get a certificate of JT completion after the show. Great show for Star Wars fans.

We goofed in December and both DH & I misread the slip of paper. We thought that the time on the paper was the time that we needed to be back. So when we hustled back at that time we were told that we were late and that they had already gotten alternate kids to fill our sons' spots. Needless to say our kids were not happy with us.

If trying to do JT during SWW I would suggest to walk as quickly as humanly possible to where they are signing kids up and plan on waiting in line for a good bit of time. Same rules apply - have kids with you, yada, yada, yada. During SWW they had Darth Vader on the stage and alternated other Sith lords on the ground. My oldest DS got to battle Ventress which was pretty darn cool. They also got a SW action figure to go along with their certificate but they only do the toy during SWW.
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo, Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani (aka "Home"), Bay Lake Towers, Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Villas, Carribean Beach, The Contemporary, Coronado Springs, Old Key West, Pop Century, Port Orleans French Quarter & Riverside, Saratoga Springs (aka "Home"), Shades of Green, Swan, Treehouse Villas, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, & the Disney Dream.

Upcoming trips: Whenver we feel like it. Living close has its perks.
"Well if there's enough room for a chowder-head like you, then there is more than enough room for a dragon" - Pete's Dragon
LilGMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: