Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2010, 12:43 PM   #121
SheStang94
Earning My Ears

Addicted!

Hi There - My husband and I started collecting these little guys when we were in the World for our wedding in late Oct/Nov and are officially ADDICTED!! (And mad that I passed up on the cruise ones because I wasn't officially addicted at that point) Throughout our trip and later from ebay, we have around 50 now. Unfortunately, during a business trip to the World next week, I'm sure that number is going to climb

I did want to let everyone know that as far as the Park 5 series goes, they still include the artists card. I'm not sure about Urban 5, but will definitely be checking those out while I am there so I will let you know.
SheStang94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:15 PM   #122
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheStang94 View Post
Hi There - My husband and I started collecting these little guys when we were in the World for our wedding in late Oct/Nov and are officially ADDICTED!! (And mad that I passed up on the cruise ones because I wasn't officially addicted at that point) Throughout our trip and later from ebay, we have around 50 now. Unfortunately, during a business trip to the World next week, I'm sure that number is going to climb

I did want to let everyone know that as far as the Park 5 series goes, they still include the artists card. I'm not sure about Urban 5, but will definitely be checking those out while I am there so I will let you know.
The only one I'm aware right now that doesn't have an artist card is a Holiday 2 3". According to the official blog, they're slowly phasing out the cards now & Holiday 2 was the first series affected by it.

rotary2808 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2010, 04:15 PM   #123
PhantomVirus
Getting to know you all!

The Sports series, the Animal Kingdom series and the CLEARS all do not have cards.

Sadly the chaser for Holiday 2 has no card but I read that the others all do - go figure.

Thanks!
Ron M.
PhantomVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:39 PM   #124
miss-t
Disney Obsessed

I got Buttercup from Toy Story as an early Christmas present from a friend! I'm still working on getting all of the Muppet ones! I only have 3 more to go. I figure I'm just gonna have to save money and get the Kermit Chaser when it pops up under a buy it now listing on ebay. I'm having such a hard time trying to get Beaker.

June 2002-offsite
College Program Spring 06
June 2010-Pop Century
miss-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:28 PM   #125
piraterunner
Mouseketeer

My daughter and I are officially addicted. we frequent our disney store and when they first started selling the toy story series we each picked one (husband as well) Stella got Woody, I got Weezy, and my husband got the Chaser. That was it we were hooked. Once a week we go to the store and Stella picks one out. we have Big baby, Ham, another Weezy, and I went last week and got another Chaser. Stella doesn't mind duplicates she is sooo excited every time she opens the box! For me paying the $15.00 including tax it sucks! I bought the big eye Grumpy online for her stocking. Also bought the full set of cutesters from ebay. 11 of the boxes are unopened only the chaser is opened and it is sooooo cute! I am gonna put them in her bribe box for reading, they are going to blow her mind!!!!!! I think that I am gonna buy the Marathon ones from 2010 (I did the Goofy, so I deserve them) I think once we are done toy story I will have to do the Nightmare before Christmas. Less stress knowing what you are getting lol. But I do enjoy the anticipation of the unknown
piraterunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:23 AM   #126
Bradsdadg
Can someone give my party from Saturn a ring?

Hi gang! I had a Vinylmation question for you:

How often would you say the little cards come with trades at Disney? I believe they aren't needed to trade, but I am hoping most of them come with them anyway. Anyone have experiences with this? Or am I the only one that cares about the cards almost as much as the figures themselves
Bradsdadg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:30 AM   #127
debranator
earless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradsdadg View Post
Hi gang! I had a Vinylmation question for you:

How often would you say the little cards come with trades at Disney? I believe they aren't needed to trade, but I am hoping most of them come with them anyway. Anyone have experiences with this? Or am I the only one that cares about the cards almost as much as the figures themselves
Very rarely..as the cms do not ask for them and folks throw em out..
I have only seen them come with the cards at E street...
and..that is only..once in a while..not all the time.
debranator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:33 AM   #128
Bradsdadg

Oh well, I can always hope that they will have a card with one my son trades for, lol. Thanks for the info!
Old 12-31-2010, 01:24 PM   #129
Disney On A Dime!
It's never too late to live happily ever after!

We were just at Disney, and did a bunch of trading...sorry to say...but only three of my sons 12 trades had cards. We would always ask...but most did not have them. Also...I posted this on another thread...but be aware that all locations are supposed to have the same trading rules...but they don't. So ask the CM ahead of time how the trade will go...just so that you know the rules. If you want more specifics...please ask... We had a great time trading, and picked up a couple of Chasers along the way!

Crystal
~Pop Century 2011, 2010x2, 2008, 2007x2, 2006, 2005x2, 2004x2~
~All Star Sports 2009, 2008~All Star Movies 2003, 2002~All Star Music 2001~Coronado Springs 2009~
Disney On A Dime! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:52 PM   #130
UCFPixie
Earning My Ears

Preview Tonight

There is a preview tonight at midnight on Vinylmation.com (Disney's official vinylmation site).
UCFPixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:09 AM   #131
Bradsdadg

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCFPixie View Post
There is a preview tonight at midnight on Vinylmation.com (Disney's official vinylmation site).
Yes, I saw those I like the Pinocchio and Tiki ones best. My main prob with these is that I only like about half of them. The other half are duds. That would be alot of buying or trading. So we probably won't be constantly buying these, unless maybe on ebay...
Old 01-03-2011, 02:40 PM   #132
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Smile

*raises hand*

Yes, I am a Vinylmation addict. Well, I think they are really really cute.

I've been collecting from the beginning....when, one could not find them, not because of being sold out, but they didn't take off well at the very beginning. And now....well, let's say, that a rehab facility may have my name on it.

I'm really looking forward to the Animation Series on the 7th.

I also would like to complete my Holiday Series 2 set but I'm awaiting on trading days/nights either from Disney store (mine is NYC/north NJ) or the group I belong to on Facebook already had 2 trading days in the last few months.

When I was in WDW in December, I did actually do quite a few trades in the parks, so that was really exciting.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:39 AM   #133
PatMcDuck
DIS Veteran

As I am sure you collectors already know, many Disneystores will carry the Animation Series 1. We got in 3 boxes last night, and we were all oohing and aahing over this series. Very cute. (I do not collect them myself, but I do like them)
PatMcDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:28 AM   #134
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMcDuck View Post
As I am sure you collectors already know, many Disneystores will carry the Animation Series 1. We got in 3 boxes last night, and we were all oohing and aahing over this series. Very cute. (I do not collect them myself, but I do like them)

Yes!

I thought they were not released until 7th?
Old 01-04-2011, 11:37 AM   #135
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

I like it on this thread because I can share and not get the "what are you, crazy?" questions and looks.

I just got the world showcase one from an ebay seller yesterday.

My Epcot Twins.
jeanigor is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: