Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2011, 08:18 AM   #16
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I had no idea the TiW worked at the All Star food court! I wonder if that's the only Food Court? Hmmm

Biergarten. That cheesecake is from heaven!

Great reviews-lookin' forward to more! Sorry to hear check-in took an hour.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:20 AM   #17
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

The DIS ate my post! Very weird. Let's see if I can remember what I said...

I had no idea the All Star Food Court took the TiW! That is very nice. I wonder if it's the only food court that does?

Biergarten...yum. That cheesecake is from heaven!

Sorry to hear that check-in took an hour. That's annoying.

Looking forward to more!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2011, 08:21 AM   #18
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Oooookay. So I posted the second response and now both appear.

Weird.

All well!
Old 01-03-2011, 08:48 AM   #19
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Great review! I totally understand what you say about bluezoo, I am not really sure wether I would feel comfortable there, it looks far too trendy to me... And then I am not a seafood lover.

I enjoyed your perspective on Biergarten! Being German I have never tried it so far since it just feels wrong eating German food while being on vacation in a foreign country, but I really want to try it on my next trip. And I think a Riesling is a pretty good choice as a drink in a German restaurant. I loved it that you actually spelled it the correct way as well!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:00 AM   #20
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
I loved it that you actually spelled it the correct way as well!
Yeah, you don't see that everyday!
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:03 AM   #21
shera
DIS Veteran

great reviews,We have an adr at Via Napoli in June,your pictures sure look good.Can't wait.
shera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:26 AM   #22
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Well the whole German/English "ie" and "ei" confusion is difficult! I have seen so many people referring to Spaceship Earth's sponsor as "Seimens"...
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:32 PM   #23
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

subscribing...............that mulled cider looks great.

chocolateMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:24 PM   #24
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Jawohl! A big roaster full of pork, kielbasa, and sauerkraut is in the oven right now!

That cheesecake is the best!
We had pork chops and sauerkraut. I put a little apple juice in the sauerkraut and it came out delicious! I also made au gratin potatoes...from a box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
HI Kelly!! I haven't been on the Dining Boards in FOREVER!! Glad to have found someone I "know". Great reviews so far. Via Napoli looked fantastic!!

As did the Dolphin. Your drink choices looked so nommy-nommy!!!
Welcome to the Dining Boards. They're my favorite

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
REALLY?!! And I"m stuck with hamburger cassarole. Clearly you are the winner tonight!
Now you'll be buggy all year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
The DIS ate my post! Very weird. Let's see if I can remember what I said...

I had no idea the All Star Food Court took the TiW! That is very nice. I wonder if it's the only food court that does?

Biergarten...yum. That cheesecake is from heaven!

Sorry to hear that check-in took an hour. That's annoying.

Looking forward to more!
Any location that only has Counter Service will take TiW...I forget the exact list, but it's all the value resorts and possibly POFQ. I think there's also some over at Animal Kingdom that take it

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Oooookay. So I posted the second response and now both appear.

Weird.

All well!
I don't know what happened

Quote:
Great review! I totally understand what you say about bluezoo, I am not really sure wether I would feel comfortable there, it looks far too trendy to me... And then I am not a seafood lover.

I enjoyed your perspective on Biergarten! Being German I have never tried it so far since it just feels wrong eating German food while being on vacation in a foreign country, but I really want to try it on my next trip. And I think a Riesling is a pretty good choice as a drink in a German restaurant. I loved it that you actually spelled it the correct way as well!
We have a few restaurants around here that serve German food, but none that have the selection of Biergarten.

My secret on Riesling? The Finger Lakes (of NY) wine region is very similar in climate to Germany. Rieslings are very popular in the area and I heard at one of the (many) classes I've taken that we're one of the top 3 Riesling producing areas in the world...in terms of quality, not necessarily quantity. When I'm home, I usually order one of the local Rieslings, so I know I like dry ones, but I have no idea what to order when it comes to other parts of the world The big difference in a German and NY State Riesling is that German ones tend to be more minerally than the NY State ones.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shera View Post
great reviews,We have an adr at Via Napoli in June,your pictures sure look good.Can't wait.
Mmmm, just wait until I get to round two of Via Napoli!

Quote:
Well the whole German/English "ie" and "ei" confusion is difficult! I have seen so many people referring to Spaceship Earth's sponsor as "Seimens"...
My friend works for Siemens, so I've got that one down too

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolateMinnie View Post
subscribing...............that mulled cider looks great.
I could go for one tonight
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:25 PM   #25
lilandvisma
DIS Veteran

Nice reviews! Thanks for sharing

Our March 2011 PTRMy March 2011 DxDP Review!
lilandvisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:50 AM   #26
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilandvisma View Post
Nice reviews! Thanks for sharing
Thanks for joining!

And now on with the show!
Old 01-11-2011, 05:02 AM   #27
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Starring Rolls - Breakfast

So I saw this post on the Disney Food Blog. I knew immediately we needed to try one during our stay. What better time than breakfast?

Ariel and I hit Hollywood Studios at opening, rode TSM and then went for cupcakes. Her brother, Goofy, joined us during breakfast.

Taken while waiting.

After a small wait, we got our cupcakes. Many people were jealous that we were eating cupcakes for breakfast and told us just how smart we were. We WERE on vacation after all!

Of course, we didn't get just one cupcake. We got 2. We split them both. Officially, Ariel got the Butterfinger Cupcake:

And I got the Red Velvet Cupcake:

I don't know why I have two knives there

...I was covered in frosting by the time Goofy showed up, so I didn't get pictures of his food. I think he was boring and got one of those cinnamon rolls I pictured early.

The verdict? Ehhhh on the Butterfinger Cupcake. The outer shell of the frosting was hard, which made it difficult to eat with a fork (we were trying to be proper!) and difficult to split. It was excruciatingly sweet...and I like sweet!

The Red Velvet on the other hand was heaven. Just the right amount of sweet, a moist cake, perfect frosting. I'd definitely get it again and we both agreed it was the winner of our cupcake throwdown!

My only real complaint about Starring Rolls is the seating. We wound up sitting on a bench, which isn't the most conducive to eating a massive cupcake.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:14 AM   #28
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Via Napoli - Lunch - Take 2

After checking for a walk up at Mama Melrose & Brown Derby (Goofy decided he didn't want counter service...) we made our way over to Epcot. After checking a few more places, we wound up at Via Napoli...for me? Again.

I decided that I should try something other than pizza, so I went with the Lasanga Verde:

It was delicious! Creamy and hot without being heavy. I actually finished the whole thing

Goofy & Ariel split the Procuttio & Melon pizza:

They enjoyed it. Could definitely see why I said I didn't mind eating there again

This time...we got dessert

I had the Zeppoles:

O.M.G. I didn't share. They were so good. The chocolate sauce was not just Hershey's syrup, it was fantastic. I highly HIGHLY recommend these.

Goofy got the "Ugly but Good"

It was some kind of sundae. Not really my style, but he really enjoyed it.

Ariel got the Tiramisu:

If I'm being honest...this looks like every restaurant's standard tiramisu. I wasn't overly impressed with it (because I could tell it came from a box.) But she enjoyed it. I think I won in the dessert department

Overall, I enjoyed Via Napoli again. Our waiter tried to tell me I couldn't use TiW because it was the weekend. Apparently I gave him a look because he checked again on it (without me asking--I didn't care enough to push the issue.) So he won points for that. The only thing I'll mention is that my dish came out before their pizza. Not a big deal since we're adults (and we were warned before hand) but I can see how that might be a big deal for families with children, so just an FYI.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:26 AM   #29
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

ESPN/Jellyrolls/ASMo

ESPN Club
I'm a failure. I always forget to take pictures when we eat at the ESPN Club There was a line for seating actually in the restaurant, but we walked into the bar area and found an open booth. There were a few college games going on, so it was more crowded than we expected. Our service was very slow (I'm guessing) because of this...it took a half hour to get our bill after we were done eating. I felt bad because there was a family who wanted our booth that wound up at a high top table.

Anyway, both Ariel & I got the turkey & brie sandwich that they had. It was fantastic and really hit the spot. I like the ESPN Club when you just want something simple. Plus, it's usually easy to walk in and find an open table in the bar area.

Jellyrolls
Afterwards, we headed over to Jellyrolls. I love Jellyrolls, I think it's a delightfully fun time. If you haven't been, it's a dueling piano bar (I think the cover was $10.) You can request songs by writing them on a napkin and putting them on the piano with a tip. If you're 21+, check it out!

All Star Movies Food Court-Breakfast
My parents came up to take me to the airport, so we all got breakfast at the food court before I left (Goofy was taking Ariel later that day.) I don't remember what everyone had...I'm useless without pictures! But everything came out hot & fresh!

I do remember that I had the adult portion of the Mickey Waffle. I know it's just a waffle, but it's something about having a *Mickey* waffle at Disney...I love it. Overall I'm impressed with the value's food courts. They're very efficient, especially in the morning

And this concludes my food journey. Thanks for joining me! I'll leave you with a picture since this entry is lacking

Gingerbread creation from the Boardwalk. Anyone for roast duck?
Old 01-11-2011, 07:29 AM   #30
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Loved your reviews. The zeppoles always look so stinkin' good. When we eat there next time I have to remember to leave room for dessert!

We had a Butterfinger Cupcake in December 09 and it was delicious. VERY sweet (3 of us couldn't finish it), but otherwise fantastic. I hope the quality hasn't gone down since! I love Red Velvet, so that or the peanut butter one is next on my list. YUM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: