Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2011, 03:43 PM   #331
livingis2me
DIS Veteran

Hey Ellen,
Great report so far!

It must be nice to be able to spend so much time in the adult pool. Looks relaxing. Oh well, maybe next time.

Somehow we never made it to Topsiders for lunch on this cruise. I'm not so sure what I ate on sea days. But I kind of wish I'd had a lunch or two there.

I took the kids to Parrot Cay for breakfast on this day and they had the sandwiches too. They sure were good! Luckily, I took the time to hit the gym before breakfast so I didn't feel too bad about eating 2 of them.

Ron
Old 01-02-2011, 04:02 PM   #332
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

A little Room Service pre-formal night

Upon leaving the Vista Spa,

I ran into young Tim, who was coming from an afternoon snack at Pluto's-

I myself, was going back to the cabin to order a little room service. For some reason, I had a FEROCIOUS appetite!! I placed an order, and less than 30 minutes later, a knock at my door delivered this-

Tuna salad on a jumbo brioche and a pot of coffee-

I meant to just have a couple of bites...but the thing was so darn good, I polished that sucker right off!! I have to say, the room service food was much, MUCH improved over the last cruise (FYI- I passed on ordering the All Hands on Deck cheese plate because it was so pitiful last cruise. BIG MISTAKE!! I saw a pic on Dizneeat's TR, and it looks AWESOME!!! I wish I would have gotten one!). We had a little down time, and then we got ready for Formal Night. All my men had tuxes, which of COURSE they were all SOOOO excited to wear! Well, Timmy was, at least. And Pods did it without complaint. But Tyler? Tyler wearing a tuxedo is purely out of love for his Mom- or the threat of imminent destruction if he doesn't PUT THAT MONKEY SUIT ON NOW!

Aww....Timmy was able to wear tyler's tux from the 2008 cruise, although in reality he could have used a size bigger (he is really tall). For Tyler, i ordered a new one off of Ebay (which is where I got the last ones)- they have brand new tuxedos for about $30. Totally worth it, especially when he can wear this again in August TWICE on our 9 night RCCL cruise (oh, he's gonna LOVE that! ). Once we were all dressed and ready, it was time to head down to have our picture taken!

First we posed on front of Mickey-

Then waited to pose in front of the fake ship-

I find this VERY funny- he is EXACTLY an 11 year old boy in a monkey suit!

And we saw Pluto run into Shutter's to check out his latest photos-

But we didn't buy those ship pics. Pods had the boys pose with me-

Awww....

It was the Captain's Welcome Reception on this evening, so we gladly indulged in a complimentary Appletini (they were passing appletinis and mai tais, I think). Then we posed with Captain Thord-

Once again dazzled by his stunning personality. Ummm...just a hunch, but I don't think meet & greets are this guy's thang, if you know what I mean. He does one HECK of a job steering the Magic, and really, I guess that's what counts! We did not pose with the Big Cheese this time, because we had a GREAT pic from our last cruise, for one thing- for another, the line was CRAZEEEEEEE long! And those boys had had quite enough- besides, it was just about time to get in the Lumiere's line- we wanted to be sure to be seated promptly, so we could get out of dinner on time. Tonight was the adult show of Alfred & Seymour...no WAY were we missing THAT!

Up next- the Prince & Princess dinner in Lumiere's!

podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2011, 04:08 PM   #333
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Great Tux's !!!You of course look stunning !!!! That Room Service food looked awesome !!!!
By the way I started my ptr !!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:20 PM   #334
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingis2me View Post
Hey Ellen,
Great report so far!

It must be nice to be able to spend so much time in the adult pool. Looks relaxing. Oh well, maybe next time.

OMG, Ron!! You two had your hands SO FULL!! We were there, paid our dues- we have earned the adult pool! One day (unfortunately, sooner than you think) you will too!

Somehow we never made it to Topsiders for lunch on this cruise. I'm not so sure what I ate on sea days. But I kind of wish I'd had a lunch or two there.

It's funny- you have all these "must-do's" but it is just impossible to get to everything. I had wanted to eat lunch & breakfast in the MDR one day....I hit a breakfast buffet at PC one morning, but never made the lunch. Oh well. We were off doing better things, I guess.

I took the kids to Parrot Cay for breakfast on this day and they had the sandwiches too. They sure were good! Luckily, I took the time to hit the gym before breakfast so I didn't feel too bad about eating 2 of them.

Ron
That was the only time I saw those sammys- don't blame you a BIT for havin two! They were yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Great Tux's !!!You of course look stunning !!!! That Room Service food looked awesome !!!!
By the way I started my ptr !!!!
Thanks Rosie! And Great! Do you have a link?
Old 01-02-2011, 04:26 PM   #335
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Great photos, Ellen! One good looking family! I love those formal night photos! Do you mean the captain comes out to have his picture taken with your family?
Maybe we SHOULD take the 7 night Eastern after all!

Guess we will order more from room service in the summer! That sandwich you had looks HUGE and YUM!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:36 PM   #336
ortholablady
DIS Veteran

You all look great! Love your dress and the boys are too cute in the tuxes. I don't know when boys start to understand the whole dress up thing. I have to explain to my Tim every time he wears a tux or suit that he can't wear his low cut white socks with black shoes and black pants. Maybe when there's a girl in the picture. A couple of girls have gotten my picky eater son to try some different foods he'd never try if I offered them to him.
ortholablady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:36 PM   #337
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Great photos, Ellen! One good looking family! I love those formal night photos! Do you mean the captain comes out to have his picture taken with your family?
Maybe we SHOULD take the 7 night Eastern after all!

Guess we will order more from room service in the summer! That sandwich you had looks HUGE and YUM!
Yes- the Captain is there for a loooooooong time not smiling for the camera! There are alot of things on the 7 night that aren't on the 3 & 4 night cruises, I think- tea at Palo is another one- but that's only offered on sea days.
Were you thinking of doing a 7day?

I like having the late dinner seating, because I really like getting room service in the afternoon (well, that's one of many reasons, I guess). And it really was GOOD! I nearly ordered it a second time, but I wanted to try something else. That I didn't get to try....really....but that's another story for another day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortholablady View Post
You all look great! Love your dress and the boys are too cute in the tuxes. I don't know when boys start to understand the whole dress up thing. I have to explain to my Tim every time he wears a tux or suit that he can't wear his low cut white socks with black shoes and black pants. Maybe when there's a girl in the picture. A couple of girls have gotten my picky eater son to try some different foods he'd never try if I offered them to him.
Thanks- I have mixed emotions about that dress...but thanks! Very funny about your Tim- I have to explain the dark sock thing to my kids all the time! They just don't get it!!
Old 01-02-2011, 06:49 PM   #338
Cheryl726
DIS Veteran

Nice formal night pics!
Old 01-02-2011, 07:01 PM   #339
Mysteria
MINDFREAK!
I'll release my inner felon on his butt if I get soaked by rain and bumped by pushy people
Make wishes on folded up chips

Here comes the poop tag

Location: They couldn't fit chemical and oil refinery state on the license plates

Happy New Year Ellen! Still lovin' the report.

"signed up for some Nooki in the DCL room of Naughty mud love"

Now there is a tag if I ever saw one! Thanks for adding it too. Might hlep get Den on at that cruise sooner rather than later.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:03 PM   #340
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Great formal night photos Ellen. You and your guys look so great. And what is up with Captain Thord? We have a picture with him and it looks just the same. I don't think he has a different expression.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:35 AM   #341
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Yes- the Captain is there for a loooooooong time not smiling for the camera! There are alot of things on the 7 night that aren't on the 3 & 4 night cruises, I think- tea at Palo is another one- but that's only offered on sea days.
Were you thinking of doing a 7day?

I like having the late dinner seating, because I really like getting room service in the afternoon (well, that's one of many reasons, I guess). And it really was GOOD! I nearly ordered it a second time, but I wanted to try something else. That I didn't get to try....really....but that's another story for another day...
Planning ahead for 2012 - either two 5 night sailings on the Dream (with a total of 4 days at CC) or one 5 night sailing on the Dream, a night at Cocoa Beach and another 7 nights (Eastern Caribbean) on the Fantasy! (3 CC days)

I love getting all the information about what is going on during all those other cruises ..... so maybe the 7 night is an option!

We have pictures with Captain John from 2009 and he was smiling all the way! He really was wonderful to meet. Last year it was Captain Henry and he didn't really "click" with us, so no photo with him!

We always have the later seating for dinner - gives me more time to relax and snack!

Can't wait to hear more! I will sit by my computer patiently - I still have this week off and I am loving it!!!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:52 AM   #342
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!

I love your updates Ellen! The adult pool looks like a wonderful place. you really make me want to book a cruise now! Actually, I have a four-night-cruise booked on the Dream for next October, but I plan to cancel it since I rather want to enjoy my first trip home to BWV!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:42 AM   #343
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl726 View Post
Nice formal night pics!
Thank-you! I love dressing up those mens of mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria View Post
Happy New Year Ellen! Still lovin' the report.

"signed up for some Nooki in the DCL room of Naughty mud love"

Now there is a tag if I ever saw one! Thanks for adding it too. Might hlep get Den on at that cruise sooner rather than later.
Seriously!!! OH, Great Tag Fairy....Puh-LEEEEEZ can I have another TAG?????

Hey Myst! Hope that DOES help Denny decide! You do have the advantage of being able to travel at off times (when school is in), so you can get a great deal. Please go, you will LOVE it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Great formal night photos Ellen. You and your guys look so great. And what is up with Captain Thord? We have a picture with him and it looks just the same. I don't think he has a different expression.
I have a pic with him from last time, too- we bought that one, and he looks THE SAME, too. Just remember- what REALLY counts is that he's very good at steering the SHIP! Smiling about it is obviously OPTIONAL!
Old 01-03-2011, 08:47 AM   #344
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post

I have a pic with him from last time, too- we bought that one, and he looks THE SAME, too. Just remember- what REALLY counts is that he's very good at steering the SHIP! Smiling about it is obviously OPTIONAL!

So true!
Old 01-03-2011, 08:58 AM   #345
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Planning ahead for 2012 - either two 5 night sailings on the Dream (with a total of 4 days at CC) or one 5 night sailing on the Dream, a night at Cocoa Beach and another 7 nights (Eastern Caribbean) on the Fantasy! (3 CC days)

Ooh...lucky YOU! I vote for switching ships- you'll see something NEW- the eastern Caribbean is absolutely GORGEOUS....
This is in St Thomas, USVI in 2009- we weren't on the ship, we were on vacation in St John and saw the Magic on our way home.

It is very lush and green, with lots of mountains, as opposed to being flat like the Bahamas or the western Caribbean-

I absolutely love it in STJ- we leave for St John in less than 3 weeks- it will be our 5th trip there!

I love getting all the information about what is going on during all those other cruises ..... so maybe the 7 night is an option!

We have pictures with Captain John from 2009 and he was smiling all the way! He really was wonderful to meet. Last year it was Captain Henry and he didn't really "click" with us, so no photo with him!

Well, Capt Thord doesn't really click with...ummm...anyone, as far as I can tell...but he is VERY GOOD at steering the SHIP and that's what counts!

We always have the later seating for dinner - gives me more time to relax and snack!

Can't wait to hear more! I will sit by my computer patiently - I still have this week off and I am loving it!!!
Have I told you lately how much I admire the Austrian School system? Although, I was VERY HAPPY to see them go back this morning. Sean was climbing the walls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
I love your updates Ellen! The adult pool looks like a wonderful place. you really make me want to book a cruise now! Actually, I have a four-night-cruise booked on the Dream for next October, but I plan to cancel it since I rather want to enjoy my first trip home to BWV!
I rather want you to enjoy your first trip home to BWV, too- especially because I'll get to meet you while you're enjoying it!

But I hope you will take the cruise someday- it's a completely different kind of vacation from the parks, much more relaxing and luxurious.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: