Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2010, 09:37 PM   #1576
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Thanks so much for the great California Grill review! We are so looking forward to eating there. The food looks amazing. And super cute pics of you and your family together. My DD11 loves babies and young children so anytime we go out to eat, she makes friends with them! It's pretty cute.

Looking forward to your update but I understand how life gets in the way of time on the disboards! And again, I love the title of your trip report!
Hopefully you enjoy CG as much as I do. It is a highlight for me on every trip!

Thanks for understanding the delay in getting back to finish my report. I wish I had more time to spend on the Dis, but sadly there aren't enough hours in the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
I've been missing you, Trish! We head to WDW tomorrow so I'll check-in when we get back!
Hey Becky...can't wait to hear all about your trip! Hope it was a good one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I'm still here too! And I remember you! Like you, real life has taken over lately and the DIS has been left to the side, I'm slowly catching up again now.

I just read your last 2 updates - a delicious meal at CR and shopping! I LOVE your idea of hitting the stores late-night solo....I'm sure it's so much easier without children, or a husband! I think I might have to steal this and sneak out one night if I have enough energy after a day in the parks!

I hope all is well for you and that you are able to sneak in some moments for the DIS soon - until then, we'll just hang out waiting for when you can update!
Thanks for understanding the lack of updates during the holidays. They kinda sneaked up on me this year!

As for the husband-free and child-free late nite shopping excursions...they are priceless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edk35 View Post
You mean the Dis boards aren't real life? Surely you jest!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I'm in the same boat Trish!
You too Cynthia? Good! I am glad I am not alone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by berliozcat View Post
Enjoyed your trip report, Trish.
Thanks!
Old 12-30-2010, 09:42 PM   #1577
cdotla
Trish

Hope everyone had a good Christmas! Didn't mean to be away so long, but the holidays completely creeped up on me this year. Unfortunately life's other matters had to be attended to over the Dis.

I still have to host a party at my house tomorrow evening for New Years...with multiple kids, food, games, and fireworks, but hopefully soon after that things will get somewhat back to normal and I can get this thing closed down.

Thanks for your patience!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2010, 10:30 PM   #1578
cdotla
Trish

Last Day at the Beach Club

We were all a bit sad waking up on Day 9, (even Chris), since it was our last full day at the Beach Club.

While we still had many other things to look forward to during the last few days of our trip (including an upcoming stay at my absolute favorite resort), the agenda for today was to simply hang out at the Beach Club, enjoying it as much as we could before we had to leave.

Even though we had no morning agenda, we were still up early as usual. As my MIL was checking out today and flying home to Montreal, we decided to use up some snack credits on some yogurts, fruits and pastries from the BeachClub Marketplace for breakfast. After that, it was time for my MIL to hop on the Magical Express. We said our goodbyes and thanked her for the amazing trip. Then it was back to just the 4 of us.

Once we waved our final goodbyes as the Magical Express bus pulled out of the parking lot, we headed back to the room to get into our swimsuits and then headed down to Stormalong Bay. 10am is the perfect time to hit the pool. You never have to fight for a loungechair.

We found a nice spot, and the kids took off immediately. One went to the pool and the other went to play in the sandy kids' area. Fortunately our homebase was conveniently located in the middle, where we could keep one eye on Katie in the pool:

...and the other on Declan playing in the sand:

Even though it was early, Chris and I managed to talk ourselves into some nice, cold adult drinks.

Ahhhhh....life is good.

By noon we were getting hungry, so we headed back to the room to get cleaned up for lunch. We were headed to the SciFi diner at the Studios. Even though we had a car, we much prefer taking a relaxing boatride there from the dock in front of the Yacht Club.

How can you be impatient waiting 5 minutes for the boat to show up looking at this beautiful scenery?

...OK, well maybe not that last one.

Before we knew it, the boat had arrived and it was time to hop on.

Before too long, we were back at the Studios.

Love this place...such interesting things inside...

...unfortunately, I didn't have time to shop. In fact, I was having trouble keeping up with the rest of my family!

Although it probably only took us 10 minutes from the time we got off the boat until we arrived at the SciFi for lunch, we were all HOT!!! It was another hot and humid day. Thank goodness for that double stroller!

Even though we were right on time for our reservation, we still had to wait at least 15 minutes before we were seated. Fortunately we had seats inside in the air conditioning.

(Continued next post)

Last edited by cdotla; 12-31-2010 at 03:00 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:31 PM   #1579
cdotla
Trish

(Continued from last post)

Finally we were called inside just as some people were starting to get a little cranky. We were all starving!

One thing about the SciFi...even though it gets a lot of bad reviews, it is always busy. I quite enjoy it myself. I go for the atmosphere more than anything. While the food isn't spectacular, there is nothing particularly wrong with it either.

While Katie & I had dined here before, it was the guys' first time. Fortunately they liked it as much as we did.

Unfortunately, our server was either having a very bad day, or was just plain and simple not meant to be a Disney Cast Member. He was young and completely uninterested in serving us and most of the time did the "drop and run" with our food. Fortunately this was the first and only time I have ever experienced service like this at Disney.

The kids still had fun being in the car and watching the old movies throughout our lunch. Our food was pretty good as well.

Katie pretending to be scared by the "horror movies":

Chris finally letting loose and indulging with a hot fudge sundae!

After lunch, we were anxious to return to the Beach Club for some more R&R by the pool, but first we took some time to explore a couple things at the Studios as we knew we wouldn't be back again this trip.

UP NEXT: Building a Light Saber

Last edited by cdotla; 01-04-2011 at 09:56 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:03 PM   #1580
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

Relaxing by the pool sounds like the perfect way to spend your last beach club day...stormalong bay looks beautiful.

That's never good having a server like that, especially at disney but the food looked really good.

Looking forward to more
Old 12-30-2010, 11:21 PM   #1581
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid764 View Post
Relaxing by the pool sounds like the perfect way to spend your last beach club day...stormalong bay looks beautiful.

That's never good having a server like that, especially at disney but the food looked really good.

Looking forward to more
It was really great not having much of an agenda on our last day. In fact, we shared the best experience of the whole trip that night by doing the unexpected and unplanned.

And yes, the server wasn't great. Truth be told - he was awful. He even claimed to be too busy to take a picture of us in our car. Fortunately, when you have great theming like the SciFi, it is relatively easy to focus your attention on other things so it didn't affect our meal too much. However, when I went to write about our experience, the memory of this poor service stood out to me so much because I have never experienced anything even remotely like this before at Disney!
Old 12-31-2010, 12:00 AM   #1582
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Hey Trish - welcome back! I totally understand your absence, I was off the boards for over month during the holidays too, just way too much going on and not enough time in the day!

Looks like a lovely morning at SAB

We've had less than stellar service at Sci-Fi too, not sure what it is about that place
Old 12-31-2010, 12:24 AM   #1583
MEK
DIS Veteran

Welcome back. Enjoyed your update! Your kids are just so stinkin cute and SAB looks so wonderful. I am FINALLY staying there in May and I can't wait to spend some quality time on a lounge chair right there!

Lunch looks yummy! Especially since I am just about to get up and get a snack!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-31-2010, 12:36 AM   #1584
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Welcome back and Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year to you!

Great update as always.

I think I might be in the minority here...we had a GREAT server at SciFi. Tony was fantastic. He was attentive, remembered everything, took our picture and even presented us with a SciFi Glow in the Dark cup containing caramel popcorn when we left as a present...He certainly made the visit there very memorable.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
Old 12-31-2010, 12:47 PM   #1585
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

You're back! And with an update! Sounds like you had a great, relaxing morning at the BC, complete with adult beverages! Hey, the sun is hot, you need something to cool you down!

Too bad you had an unenthusiastic server at Sci-Fi. But I agree, the theming is amazing there so hopefully that made up for the wet noodle of a server you had! We love it there though, we even like the food which seems to get so-so reviews here on the dis.

Looking forward to your next update, I'm impressed that you were able to throw these ones up given that you said you're preparing for a party too! Impressive! Moms are so good at multi-tasking, right?

Have a Happy New Year too!!
Old 12-31-2010, 01:05 PM   #1586
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Happy New Year Trish!!!

Old 12-31-2010, 02:07 PM   #1587
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Nothing like a nice, relaxing morning at the pool!
Glad you enjoyed lunch despite the poor service.

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 12-31-2010, 03:05 PM   #1588
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

I can't believe the server wouldn't take your photo!! That's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not Disney!! That kid needs to get a job over at Universal or Wet & Wild! Just kidding- employees at Universal are VERY nice- most of them work at WDW, too!

Happy New Year-I'm sure your party will be amazing, your parties always look GORGEOUS and super fun!

Hope when the holidays are over you'll come say hi on my latest TR (the Cruise one).

Ellen
Old 12-31-2010, 03:13 PM   #1589
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Hey Trish - welcome back! I totally understand your absence, I was off the boards for over month during the holidays too, just way too much going on and not enough time in the day!

Looks like a lovely morning at SAB

We've had less than stellar service at Sci-Fi too, not sure what it is about that place
Hey Michelle...glad I am not the only one who went scarce these last couple weeks. Hope you, Don and the boys had a great holiday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Welcome back. Enjoyed your update! Your kids are just so stinkin cute and SAB looks so wonderful. I am FINALLY staying there in May and I can't wait to spend some quality time on a lounge chair right there!

Lunch looks yummy! Especially since I am just about to get up and get a snack!
Oh wow....the Beach Club in May? You girls are going to have one fantastic time. I am super jealous!!! I can't think of a better place to stay for an all-girls trip than the Beach Club.

I have to get myself all caught up on your pre-trip planning thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Welcome back and Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year to you!

Great update as always.

I think I might be in the minority here...we had a GREAT server at SciFi. Tony was fantastic. He was attentive, remembered everything, took our picture and even presented us with a SciFi Glow in the Dark cup containing caramel popcorn when we left as a present...He certainly made the visit there very memorable.
Wow - sounds like you had a great server at SciFi. We will definitely be back. Even with the poor service, I still like the place!

Just noticed from your siggy that I missed a whole TR from you, and now you have another trip to countdown coming up in a couple weeks!!! I've got some catching up to do in the New Year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
You're back! And with an update! Sounds like you had a great, relaxing morning at the BC, complete with adult beverages! Hey, the sun is hot, you need something to cool you down!

Too bad you had an unenthusiastic server at Sci-Fi. But I agree, the theming is amazing there so hopefully that made up for the wet noodle of a server you had! We love it there though, we even like the food which seems to get so-so reviews here on the dis.

Looking forward to your next update, I'm impressed that you were able to throw these ones up given that you said you're preparing for a party too! Impressive! Moms are so good at multi-tasking, right?

Have a Happy New Year too!!
Hey there....Happy New Year to you too! Since our guests will be here in just over 2 hours, I am signing off momentarily for the night.

I have the kids' gifts wrapped (prizes for our dancing and bingo games), all of the food prepped, and I just have to get myself ready and finalize my ipod playlist for the party. I just downloaded the Bird Dance for one of our games....remember that one??!! And I have Auld Lang Syne and U2's New Years Day on tap to be blasted at "midnite" (likely 9pm with the kiddos present). And we have champagne glasses and sparkling Apple Juice for toasts.

I CAN"T WAIT!!! I LOVE New Years. And of course, I also love throwing parties!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Happy New Year Trish!!!

Thanks Michelle! Happy New Years to you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
Nothing like a nice, relaxing morning at the pool!
Glad you enjoyed lunch despite the poor service.

Amanda
Hey Amanda....so nice to "see" everyone again. Reminds me how addicted I am to this place.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:15 PM   #1590
cdotla
Trish

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!

Signing off now to get ready for our Party, but I will see everyone on the other side in 2011!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: