Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2010, 10:00 PM   #1
rchusid
Earning My Ears

Television and Inputs at Beach Club

It's been a few years since I've stayed at Beach and will be staying in Beach Concierge in the near future. If I remember correctly, when I last stayed at Beach there were just simple TV's. I'm wondering if they've been upgraded, primarily because of wondering if it is worth packing cables to play video recordings and display digital photos we take while there on the television in the room. Anyone know what type of TV's they currently have, whether inputs are accessible, and whether they have HDMI, component, or simple AV inputs (if any)?
rchusid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:26 PM   #2
Tara
Bad Influence

From what I've seen, the rehabbed BC rooms do not have the a/v input box some other resorts have. The LG flat screen TVs do have inputs on the back, but the way the screens are mounted at BC looks as if it would be difficult or impossible to access the inputs as a guest.

http://allears.net/acc/bc1109flatpanelv.jpg

ETA: I went back and looked at the photos again and then compared them to photos of the Yacht Club TV set up. I believe there may be a set of RCA jacks on the side of the TV frame. It's difficult to see any detail in this photo, but look on the lower left side of the TV frame.

http://allears.net/acc/bc1109desktv.jpg

Now, look at a similar but closer shot of the YC TV:

http://allears.net/acc/yc/yc10c7.jpg

Tara is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2010, 05:17 AM   #3
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Here's a picture I took of the flat screen tv in my room at the Beach Club in July 2010 when we first arrived:

natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:33 AM   #4
Tara
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Here's a picture I took of the flat screen tv in my room at the Beach Club in July 2010 when we first arrived:
Cool - I thought those were inputs! Is the TV on a mount that extends or tilts at all? If so, there are definitely inputs for use on the back. If someone wanted to hypothetically plug in 5-jack component cables to play Guitar Hero.

Tara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:59 PM   #5
rchusid
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the replies. Being flat panel is a difference if I remember correctly from my last stay at Beach, but hanging on the wall does limit access to inputs.

Many LCD TV's do have side inputs as well as back inputs. The picture clearly shows basic RCA AV inputs. Do you recall if there were other types of inputs? I will probably go ahead and take an HDMI cable, which would allow for watching video recordings in high definition. There may or may not be an input accessible on the side, but I'd kick myself it the input was there and I didn't bring the cable.
rchusid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hdmi, television, tv's

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: