Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2010, 12:22 PM   #271
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Merry Christmas, Ellen and family!

Thank-you Karin (and Tom)!! Hope you had a happy one!!! I thought of you last night- The Sound of Music was on tv- I watched it with Sean (we had a blizzard here yesterday, got about 2 feet of snow dumped on us!! It actually snowed on Christmas in the south here in the US, which is VERY unusual- so cool they had a white Christmas in places like South Carolina!). Anyway- that movie is soooo beautiful- Austria is gorgeous!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post
Happy Holidays Miss Ellen and Family!!!! What a beautiful family holiday photo!

Thank-you!

Santa visited our house last night (yes, we are one of those families who celebrates several diverse winter holidays) and left nice presents for all, including treats for the pup. Rob received mainly tools (a bit of a hint from Santa to get back to work). Rob and Sarah both received zen clocks from me (so hopefully I will not be awaken by their buzzing alarm clocks any longer). Sarah received many books, cds, ... and a talking Toy Story Woody, who does not talk. Not a problem, the nice lady at the DisneyStore.com said another would be in the express mail right away. I received more Africian art and Grandma (my mother) received a "moving picture frame". Grandma was so excited with her present that we could not get her to stop looking at it while we opened the rest of the gifts. And while we all received welcome gifts, the best part, as always was being together and watching one another enjoy our tokens of love.

That sounds like a great Christmas! I have a TON of friends who celebrate both Hanaukkah and Christmas, in this area of the country there are a lot of diverse holidays going on! We didn't (Pods & I) exchange much- my only gift was a Nick Swisher shirt- because of the BWV points we are waiting for.....to me, that's the BEST gift EVER- DVC points!

Off topic, I love the smell of AKL-Jambo and today I figured out what the smell is... wood smoke, I have been tending the fire this morning and my hands smell like Jambo.

It does smell that way- I think their scent also has cardamom in it- maybe you want to throw some spice on your logs!

Looking forward to hearing how you handled not having an oven for the holidays.

By running up and down the street for two or three hours to my neighbor's. UGH. It was still fun, though!!

Kate
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
As I log on here, I see your christmas card sitting on my counter. Ugh! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! love the photo
That's ok!!! I didn't have the addresses until after mine went out, so I never sent you yours, either! Next year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Merry Christmas a day late due to sickness !!! Great Family Pix Ellen !!!
Merry Christams, Rosie!! Hope you are feeling better!! Sick for Christmas STINKS!! We ahve had MANY years when we had the stomach flu for Christmas- and we still hosted it. Because I didn't get it....although, there were years I had the flu, and still hosted...a couple of years where we cancelled and all came down, opened gifts, and then all marched back to bed afterwards....yuck.. sick on Christmas STINKS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Hi Ellen!

I wondered where your TR was. I am so glad I found it over here on the Cruise Boards. I read the whole thing from top to bottom.

Your first day on the boat sounds like a disaster. OMG - I am so glad you located your computer. How awful to be sailing away knowing it was missing.

And poor Timmy, smashing his finger like that. And then waiting and waiting for dinner.

I have to say, I am thoroughly impressed with the food. YUM!

And the reason I came over here is because Denny has agreed to a Disney cruise. It won't be for another year. But I think its just going to be the two of us. I am so excited, I can't wait. It looks like a blast!
Hey MEK!! I have been wondering where you YOU were....but I know you have been very busy with your NEW kitchen! I am so excited for you, that Denny agreed to do the cruise!!! It's my favorite vacation....I keep hoping for those NYC itineraries to come out- I would love to cruise to Canada or Bermuda on a DCL ship! What cruise do you think you'lll take?
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:34 PM   #272
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Oooh, Root 1....a favorite wine of mine!

We took the kids on the Olde Towne Trolley Tour and took the obligatory photo at the Southernmost point. In hindsight, Mike and I probably would've have enjoyed Key West more following a similar tour plan to yours. And I think the kids could have lived without Key West. Oh well, next time maybe!
I'm glad to hear you enjoy that wine- I just picked up a Sauvignon Blanc and a red (not CS) to try, all because of our cheese tray!

And yes- Key West is the one the kids can live with out, which is actually a good thing because it's a very adult place. I think we were very glad that they came with us last time, with the electric car and taking a pic at the southernmost point is a must-do, but they couldn't care less about any of the rest of it (although they did love a little store on Duval that had teeny tiny puppies that looked like wind-up toys in the window) and they were THRILLED to stay on the ship and hangout with all the kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Merry Christmas Ellen! Hope you and your family had a great holiday. I love your holiday card. Tyler looks like such a grown-up!!

I know EXACTLY where you were when you took this picture. The reason I know is because I spent the majority of my cruise sitting right there, with that exact view.

Sounds like a great day in Key West. Glad you had a wonderful, problem-free day!
Tyler does look like sucha grown-up- I HATE IT!!!!!!! Especially because Timmy is 2 years behind him...it makes me realize that Timmy is going to become a MAN in the next 2 years...I HATE IT!!!! Although, Timmy has promised me he will always be my little boy....but we'll see how he feels once the tsetosterone kicks in.

I hope you all had a great Christmas, too!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2010, 02:13 PM   #273
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Hi Ellen !!Yes our babies do grow up toooooo fast !!!Mine is 36 but I still have Kyle !!I will be sad to see him no longer Gramma little boy!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:40 PM   #274
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Just getting caught up again with all of your fun. I haven't been on here since before Christmas, been hectic and busy around here, and am trying to catch up.

First off, glad you had a Merry Christmas. Your Christmas card was a very nice family photo. You have four very handsome guys in your family.

Your ToT looked like it turned out awesome. Thanks to people like Jen and yourself, you made the cruise even better than it could have been. We had someone do something similar on the Halloween Cruise we did. So a big SHOUT OUT to you who go above and beyond to make everyone elses cruise so special.

Key West. What can I say. That has been me and DH's most favorite port we have ever been too. And we weren't even supposed to go there. We were cancelled out of Grand Cayman so they diverted us to Key West. We were actually quite happy it worked out this way. We did spend time in Kevin's Irish Bar. What a hoot. Bob still talks about it to this day. We had a really good time while we were there. And we were really glad the girls stayed on the ship this day. Lots of language they shouldn't have been hearing. We loved Margaritaville. I would go there again for a rita in a heart beat.

Your sunset pictures are beautiful. Thanks.

Hope all is well with all the snow you have gotten out your way. Stay safe and I can't wait for the next update!
Old 12-27-2010, 10:37 PM   #275
dallastxcpa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post

Soooo relaxing on that balcony.......

WOW!!! These pictures are gorgeous. Dave and I are going on a trip to Miami in two weeks. It is a trip I won from Disney. Anyway our plan is to make a day trip down to Key West on Sunday. I am not sure what time we will head back to Miami. I would love to see that sunset but I am not sure about how late I want to get back. I guess I need to look up the sunset time for that day.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:06 AM   #276
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Congrats on winning a trip, Dallastxcpa! I hope you get to enjoy that beautiful sunset!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:35 AM   #277
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Hi Ellen !!Yes our babies do grow up toooooo fast !!!Mine is 36 but I still have Kyle !!I will be sad to see him no longer Gramma little boy!!
I know they have to grow up, but does it have to be overnight???

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Just getting caught up again with all of your fun. I haven't been on here since before Christmas, been hectic and busy around here, and am trying to catch up.

First off, glad you had a Merry Christmas. Your Christmas card was a very nice family photo. You have four very handsome guys in your family.

Thank-you so much!! ITA!

Your ToT looked like it turned out awesome. Thanks to people like Jen and yourself, you made the cruise even better than it could have been. We had someone do something similar on the Halloween Cruise we did. So a big SHOUT OUT to you who go above and beyond to make everyone elses cruise so special.

NO NO NO!!! Not thanks to me- thanks to HER!!! I did NOTHING!!!!!! Whenever I asked if she needed help she said she was fine- Jen is INCREDIBLE!!!

Key West. What can I say. That has been me and DH's most favorite port we have ever been too. And we weren't even supposed to go there. We were cancelled out of Grand Cayman so they diverted us to Key West. We were actually quite happy it worked out this way. We did spend time in Kevin's Irish Bar. What a hoot. Bob still talks about it to this day. We had a really good time while we were there. And we were really glad the girls stayed on the ship this day. Lots of language they shouldn't have been hearing. We loved Margaritaville. I would go there again for a rita in a heart beat.

I would have to agree on the liking Key West better than Grand Cayman....I have many friends who love it there, and I am glad I have been, but it is not "all that" to me- I think maybe because of all the cranes. As in there is all construction everywhere. In two years it looked the same. I think if we were divers (which we have gone scuba diving before several times, but we are not certified, so can't do it on a cruise visit) we might love it more- I think the real beauty of that island is beneath the ocean.

Your sunset pictures are beautiful. Thanks.

Thanks!

Hope all is well with all the snow you have gotten out your way. Stay safe and I can't wait for the next update!
We got pounded- over 2 feet of snow! Kind of nice to be snowed in, though....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallastxcpa View Post
WOW!!! These pictures are gorgeous. Dave and I are going on a trip to Miami in two weeks. It is a trip I won from Disney. Anyway our plan is to make a day trip down to Key West on Sunday. I am not sure what time we will head back to Miami. I would love to see that sunset but I am not sure about how late I want to get back. I guess I need to look up the sunset time for that day.
WON A TRIP????? How? That's so WONDERFUL!!!! I would definitely vote for staying in KW for the sunset- you need to watch it from Mallory Square...there is all kinds of stuff going on there to celebrate the sunset every day. How long is your trip for? It's winter, so wouldn't sunset be pretty early in the day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Congrats on winning a trip, Dallastxcpa! I hope you get to enjoy that beautiful sunset!
I hope she does too!!!!
Old 12-28-2010, 02:05 PM   #278
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

I hope you aren't waiting on me...

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:54 PM   #279
podsnel

PALO Dinner on Halloween

Soooo....while our boys were eating chicken fingers etc from Pluto's, we were having something a little fancier- tonight was our Reservation at Palo. Yummmmmm! It occured to me that since it was Halloween, and I had already complied with my boys by sporting a stache in the MK for ToTing, I could wear something more my speed for Halloween at Palo...no mustache required! On the way we saw-

DH & I arrived and were asked to take a seat...

Gotta love it when you have just the right hat to wear to a fancy Halloween dinner!

Although I gladly would have worn this mask if they would have let me!

We were seated in no time- right next to Jen and Ron(nenner1 & livingis2me) AND Beth & Steve (Tinkerbelltwins). So funny! We were given the antipasto-Prosciutto, Bresaola, Parmesan Reggiano, Marinated Olives and Sun-dried Tomatoes

Yummy Palo breads-Freshly-baked Bread in our Pizza Oven, served with Palo's Famous Dips. Grissini Sticks, Olive Rolls, Ciabatta Rolls and Six Grain Wholemeal

The chef came out to say hello!

Of course, Jen & I had to say hello back!

Then it was time for apps! Pods had grilled shrimp-

And I had this lovely thing...and I have no idea what it was now!! Maybe this?-Grilled Portobello Mushroom and Polenta with a Roasted Shallot Sauce
A light creamy Polenta served with Grilled Portobello and Parmesan shaving

We decided to get a pasta course-Pods had-Lobster and Mascarpone Ravioli
Freshly prepared served with a light Truffle Beurre Blanc

It was TDF!! I had-Pumpkin and Broccoli Gnocchi served with a Shrimp and Grappa Sauce
Two types of Gnocchi and the unique Grappa Fragrance

Pods was the clear winner on that course. Now it was time for an intermezzo of sorbet. It was very refreshing.

Then...even more food!! I was having-Grilled Sea Scallops with Borlotti Beans and Pancetta
Served with a Tomato Borlotti Bean Sauce

They were heavenly! Cont'd next post..

Old 12-28-2010, 06:12 PM   #280
tinkmom2
DIS Veteran

Yum!

Private Meeting with Donald and Friends DCL http://youtu.be/UISHRa8lScM
BBB The Reveal http://youtu.be/AOjMTF9YBtk
tinkmom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 07:43 PM   #281
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
I had this same drink at Palo!

Ok, I had two.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:51 PM   #282
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

You did beat out the chef for wearing the best hat in the house!
tinkerbelltwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:35 PM   #283
podsnel

Palo Cont'd

Our server asked if we'd like him to take our picture. I LOVE when I don't have to ask!!

Pods was having a veal special for his dinner, I believe-

Our server, Ciao Romano- he was very sweet and very attentive! And he brought birthday wishes!

After allllllll that, we were stuffed! (I'm sure you are shocked!! ). But we HAD to get the souffles....so we brought them back for the boys (I think I saw Jen doing this and followed her lead). But we still had this-

Of course, Pods had to say, "It's Not her BIRTHDAY!!!", but too bad!! My birthday in NJ would NEVER be as good as this was less than a month before. We were given the MOST YUMMY and refreshing limoncello with sorbet drink, it was FABULOUS!!!

A wonderful night, what a great time with my Hubby (and several others!).

Returning to the cabin, we saw the Adult Costume Competition was in full swing-

I believe the Flinstones took the prize.

Back at the cabin, our Fish extender was OVERFLOWING with goodies- I have to say, there were many, many creative gifts we received that week! On Halloween night, we received this one- isn't it the CUTEST??!!!!

We were also greeted by a spooky ghost-

We went to Rockin Bar D for a bit to check out Kevin Johnson the ventriloquist, before calling it a night. It had been a great, but loooong day!!

Up next...a relaxing day at sea...ahhhhhhhhhh.......

Old 12-28-2010, 08:41 PM   #284
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
I hope you aren't waiting on me...
Nope! Just bein lazy after working like a NUT for Christmas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkmom2 View Post
Yum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
I had this same drink at Palo!

Ok, I had two.
I don't blame you! We had a bottle of wine with dinner- or else I would have had another, too! It was the PERFECT martini!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post
You did beat out the chef for wearing the best hat in the house!
Well THANK-YOU!!!!!
Old 12-29-2010, 01:45 AM   #285
burly
DIS Veteran

Hi! Back from life being too busy and catching up on all my TR's that i attempt to follow.
I finished up your last one and followed you over to this one.
thank thank thank you for the links.
Great Job on the TOt stuff. How awesome is Jen.
Cruising looks to be so much fun! One day....

KIM
burly is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: