Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2010, 11:28 PM   #391
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Sounds like a wonderful day.
I've been looking at the Disney site today too. Soo many things I am about to buy then talk myself out of it. I really don't need to buy anything for awhile...but I still keep think, what a deal! LOL! Plus some of the gifts I had had for the trip I ended up giving to Claire for her b-day or Christmas, so I have to restock. LOL!

Last edited by jenseib; 12-26-2010 at 11:34 PM.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:55 PM   #392
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Sounds like a wonderful day.
I've been looking at the Disney site today too. Soo many things I am about to buy then talk myself out of it. I really don't need to buy anything for awhile...but I still keep think, what a deal! LOL! Plus some of the gifts I had had for the trip I ended up giving to Claire for her b-day or Christmas, so I have to restock. LOL!
I think the only thing I am going to buy is the cookies for santa cup and plate set. It was originally $19.95, and now it's only $7.95! I am trying to be restrained. It's hard though!
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2010, 07:49 PM   #393
exwdwcm
wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
I hope everyone had a woderful Christmas!! Ours was... well anticlimactic. I am honestly ready for the holiday to be over, I'm glad it's almost 2011. Nothing bad happened, but we were all still feeling the strain from being gone for a week prior, plus we weren't really doing presents, and we were trying to see al our family in 2 days. I did get some nice stuff, including some Disney stickers for scrapbooking! Jack got a bunch of great stuff, he got 2 Cars Duplo sets and one Toy Story one, he got a lot of socks (it's what he asked for!) and he got some Pixar and Mickey Mouse underwear. Plus I put a chocolate covered Mickey head in his stocking and of course, he got his train which he went crazy over!! I am looking forward to next year when things are calmer and we can focus more on the holiday. I think I will take vaction days for the 24th and 25th next year (I work in hospitality so we never close) so that I don't feel so stressed!

I have already found a few thing ont eh Disney Store's website after Christmas sale... but I think I will try not to buy anything that's not something I wanted anyways.

Tomorrow I will start my TR, I have finished sorting and organizing my pics, and hopefully I will have a title by tomorrow! I am also trying to get my blog set up, I am going to have it go public on Jan 1, so I am putting the finishing touches on that as well. I will post the link for the blog and the TR here once they are up and running!
welcome home- i know, i felt the same way, it was just hard to really enjoy the holiday with a trip in december so close- it was that way for us last year too. i am sort of looking forward to doing an october trip next year and being able to enjoy my entire December and all the fun things we do locally- lights, polar express, visit Santa etc. I was so busy planning for the trip and then missing two weekends in December with the trip that it left little time to prepare for the holidays and enjoy it.

can't wait to read your trip report once you start! i started mine (in my sig), but need to start day one officially tonight!

WDW College Program-Fall 96
84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
exwdwcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:10 PM   #394
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by exwdwcm View Post
welcome home- i know, i felt the same way, it was just hard to really enjoy the holiday with a trip in december so close- it was that way for us last year too. i am sort of looking forward to doing an october trip next year and being able to enjoy my entire December and all the fun things we do locally- lights, polar express, visit Santa etc. I was so busy planning for the trip and then missing two weekends in December with the trip that it left little time to prepare for the holidays and enjoy it.

can't wait to read your trip report once you start! i started mine (in my sig), but need to start day one officially tonight!
I felt EXACTLY the same way about wanting to be able to do things at home etc.

I am starting my TR now!!
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:24 PM   #395
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
I felt EXACTLY the same way about wanting to be able to do things at home etc.

I am starting my TR now!!
Be sure to post the link!!!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:11 PM   #397
ChildAtHeart82
DIS Veteran

Headed over to your TR now! I understand how hard it is to have restraint when looking at the Disney sales. I have to keep asking myself if we really need what I'm wanting to buy, especialy with another trip to save for.

March 2012 TR October 2012 PTR
Mar 2012: Coronado Springs; Mar 2011: French Quarter; Dec 2010: Port Orleans French Quarter; Oct 2008: All Star Movies - Disneymoon; June 2005: Pop Century; July 2004: Offsite; 1993: Contemporary; 1992: DL (offsite); 1991: Offsite; 1989: DL (offsite); 1987: DL (offsite)
ChildAtHeart82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: