Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 11:40 AM   #1351
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!
I'm not sure what I'll be tied up in at home tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Yeah, that's a problem. I suggested to DW that she invite her mother, as she watches the children, brings us food, etc. But, DW also invited her brother, his wife, and their children. Well, it has all been a disaster.

On the positive, anyone have a Iphone or Windows phone? I am thinking about upgrading and wanted to know what other Dis Dads thought or are using. I am with ATT now and they are largest wireless in KY. Any reviews?
My DW has the iPhone 4 with ATT - she loves it. Of course we're turning into a Mac family. Already have the Macbook Pro and an iMac in the near future...so we're kinda biased.

I have the HTC EVO with Sprint (paid by my employer) and I love it just as much as my wife's iPhone.

I've previously had two windows phones and after going Android...I'm not sure if I'd ever go back...although the new windows phones do look intriguing.

Dis Dads Member #543

April 2012 Spring Break TR

Trips:April 2014 (BLT), January 2014 (CBR), January 2013 (OKW), April 2012 (BLT)
MK Only (1 day visits) - 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
Offsite - 2013, 2005, 1990
Old 12-19-2010, 02:50 PM   #1352
carrollchristoph
Galactic Hero & Proud Aspie Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRitz View Post
1. Dad had an exploratory procedure that confirmed the existence of a brain aneurysm. He'll be having it removed in an endovascular coiling procedure shortly after the first of the year (he needs to be on blood thinning meds for a couple of weeks before the procedure). The exploratory procedure confirmed that the source of the aneurysm is a congenital structural defect, so my brothers and I are being encourage to get MRAs done to test and see whether we have the same abnormality.
That stinks Aaron. But very glad you found out this way (& not after a rupture!). Hate to bring up a worse thought, but if you or your brothers test positive, remember that have your kids screened, too! These things have a small yearly chance of rupture, but it can happen in kids, too. Took care of 2 post-rupture just this month!
Dis Dad #403

Apr 2006 Nick Hotel - Feb 2007 Nick Hotel - Dec 2008 Grand Floridian/Polynesian - Oct 2009 Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 Boardwalk Villas - April 2011 Bay Lake Tower
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2010, 05:37 PM   #1353
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2997 View Post
My DW has the iPhone 4 with ATT - she loves it. Of course we're turning into a Mac family. Already have the Macbook Pro and an iMac in the near future...so we're kinda biased. I have the HTC EVO with Sprint (paid by my employer) and I love it just as much as my wife's iPhone. I've previously had two windows phones and after going Android...I'm not sure if I'd ever go back...although the new windows phones do look intriguing.
Thanks. Most of my friends have recommended Iphone and I have played with them and they look great. I had a Palm Trea Smart phone and loved it (had a keyboard on the phone). But we just got 3G last month and I disconnected the data plan and just used the Hotsync with my computer. It is old and sputtering, so it is time to upgrade. The problem is that all my computers are PCs. I have a desktop, laptop, and netbook, and don't want to start upgrading to MAC now. I don't know anyone who has the Windows phone. I may just have to go to the store and play with it and see if I like it.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 12-19-2010, 06:20 PM   #1354
prattpak
DIS Dad #479
Big tiki add those of us that have given our names on here

Splash Moutian pic finally. Wife and I snuck these on our carry-on backpacks so the kids and friends didnt know. We sat in the back so no one could see us until the picture. The ladies at the picture place laughed so hard they gave it to us for free in exchange to use it as the display photo.

From bottom l to r to top Christian, Libby, Marriane, Kris, Nana, Robin, Wife (Wendy) and Me (Mark). Robin's face kills me he was so excited!
Member #479 DIS Dads
Me (Mark), DW (Wendy), DS (Christian), DD (Libby), DS (Robin) Sweet NEW logo
She deserves a cruise, right?
Old 12-19-2010, 06:26 PM   #1355
prattpak
DIS Dad #479
Big tiki add those of us that have given our names on here

Expedition Everest
Left photo is l to r bottom to top: Kris, Marriane, Libby, Me, Robin and Christian.
Right Photo
L to r, bottom to top: Libbie, Christian, Gorgeous wife Wendy, and friend Kris, and 2 random strangers. I was riding with Jason during the right photo.
Member #479 DIS Dads
Me (Mark), DW (Wendy), DS (Christian), DD (Libby), DS (Robin) Sweet NEW logo
She deserves a cruise, right?
Old 12-19-2010, 07:03 PM   #1356
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Great pictures Mark!!! That splach Mountain one is classic!!!
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
Old 12-19-2010, 09:23 PM   #1357
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461
An E-Ticket Attraction in my own mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by prattpak View Post
Splash Moutian pic finally. Wife and I snuck these on our carry-on backpacks so the kids and friends didnt know. We sat in the back so no one could see us until the picture. The ladies at the picture place laughed so hard they gave it to us for free in exchange to use it as the display photo.

From bottom l to r to top Christian, Libby, Marriane, Kris, Nana, Robin, Wife (Wendy) and Me (Mark). Robin's face kills me he was so excited!
That is great!!!! I have been laughing for 2 minutes straight. My wife wanted to know what was so funny, so I showed her and now she is hysterical.

Thanks for sharing!!

ClearScreen
ClearScreen (Chris) - DIS Dad Club Member #461 - Me(44), DW(45), DD(12), DS(9)

1976 - 2 trips stayed off-site. September, 2000 - Wilderness Lodge. August, 2010 - Contemporary. August, 2012 - Swan. August, 2014 - Coronado Springs

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:28 PM   #1358
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post

Did you figure it out yet Don? If not I'll try to help you out.
OK I tried a few things I have no clue how to do it

I'll send that out this week
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 12-20-2010, 08:56 AM   #1359
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason4024 View Post
Well Mark, the crying certainly was coming from our seat, maybe the one behind us. HAHA! Thanks for the fastpasses, btw. Kory absolutely loved it, and rode it three more time that day. Just wish I could have gotten Kaylee on it. It was certainly nice to meet you and your family. Glad you had a great time at POR.

To all the rest of the Dads, I have started on my trip report. It is in its' infant stages, but will try to not drag it out forever. Is it wrong, that I am trying to figure out a way to back in less than a year?
Welcome back! I have added the TR to the first page

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason4024 View Post
The major issue at hand is also the biggest reason to go again. My cousin is getting married in Atlanta next October, and we are planning on driving down for the wedding. We will already be 3/4's of the way to Orlando, so why not do it, if onlyfor a couple days. My DWs' exact words were "I hate you. LOL" when I mentioned it.
I think our wives may be related! My DW came home from shopping the other day and she scored a very nice Tink hoodie. She was sooo excited when she found it... then she admitted to me that when she first found it she had two reactions... love at first sight... and mad at me for getting her into Disney!

Quote:

That is AWESOME! Getting those floaties on must have been a real task, though! Can't believe you got something for FREE! At Disney!
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 12-20-2010, 09:05 AM   #1360
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
I want to start a TR, I need to know how do you get the link that brings you to it under your sig
Ummm... you confused me, Ron... You have to start the TR first, then add the link to your sig. Head over to the TR forum and start one there (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18). Then PM me and I'll walk you through getting the link in your sig.
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 12-20-2010, 09:20 AM   #1361
porknbeans
Mouseketeer

Quote:

This pic is hilarious! Thanks for sharing this.

Grand High Pooba of the Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
Old 12-20-2010, 09:24 AM   #1362
porknbeans
Mouseketeer

Aaron, My thoughts and prayers go out to your dad. Good thing they caught it and the best of luck to him.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:27 AM   #1363
porknbeans
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Yeah, that's a problem. I suggested to DW that she invite her mother, as she watches the children, brings us food, etc. But, DW also invited her brother, his wife, and their children. Well, it has all been a disaster.

On the positive, anyone have a Iphone or Windows phone? I am thinking about upgrading and wanted to know what other Dis Dads thought or are using. I am with ATT now and they are largest wireless in KY. Any reviews?
I've got the older Iphone and really like it. It works well as long as you are along a main road or metropolitan area. Since I travel to some more rural areas I don't always have great coverage in some spots. I hook it up to my PC along with my kids iTunes accounts. Works great.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:34 AM   #1364
unclescrooge_0707
I'M ON THE RIGHT!!!
DDC 418

To summarize, the Splash Mt. pic is hilarious!

Now for some (possible) bad news. I spent Saturday at a friend's house. Her munchkins are the same age as mine. We were there for the afternoon, playing, watching Tron (the original), and making a styrofoam Gingerbread house. Yesterday, she called to say her oldest was sick in the belly, spraying out of both ends. And, keep an eye out for my kids.

and you'll see from the signature that we leave for WDW on Saturday.
i really hope we don't have a "cheese ball yak attack" during the 1,000 miles from the STL to Orlando. That will make for one LONG ride...

My completed first Trip Report:
I'm not a foodie, but I play one at WDW - completed through lack of updates 6/14/11!
Old 12-20-2010, 09:40 AM   #1365
jason4024
DIS Dad #541
I am sure you will get your fill of man things to do around these parts

Location: Coaldale, PA - 1,068 miles north of the happiest place on Earth

Quote:
Those pics are awesome - Your wife seems to be quiet funny. She appeared randomly in the pics of us with the kids.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: