Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Podcast Cruises
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2010, 09:22 PM   #121
jpeka65844
DIS Veteran

I just found out that there's a possibility DH and I will have to eat dinner with people we don't know??? It's just the two of us and I'm told the smallest table is a 4-top.

For PCC 1.0 and 2.0 was there a "dinner meet" thread where folks got together and requested seats together for dinner? How do you go about doing that with a DU TA?

I have horrible visions about being stuck at a 12 top with 3 other families with ill-behaved children.

jpeka65844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:37 PM   #122
WebmasterJohn
Genius
Maintains the Big Book of Grievances

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeka65844 View Post
For PCC 1.0 and 2.0 was there a "dinner meet" thread where folks got together and requested seats together for dinner? How do you go about doing that with a DU TA?
There was no official thread for people wanting to find others to sit with at dinner on other podcast cruises. Once PCC 2.0 is over and we open up a discussion board for PCC 3.0 you can start one if you like.

On previous cruises people started to get to know each other on the boards and from other meets and then asked to be seated together at dinner. For those who do not ask you will most likely be seated with someone else from the group of folks traveling for PCC 3.0.

All you have to do is email DU and we will take care of a linking any reservations together for dining you like (if you booked already you should have an email address for the agent who helped you - otherwise you can email me and I will make sure it gets taken care of).

Please don't worry about who you'e going to sit with yet at dinner - this cruise is a long ways away.

WebmasterJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2010, 09:36 AM   #123
DVC Kathy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovermeg View Post
Hey guys! I am seriously considering this cruise, but I'm wondering if there are any single parents who have cruised before? I will have my 12 y.o. DD with me and I have to say I haven't cruised since I was 12...and my parents dropped me off in the "daycare"...I really don't want to do this to her, so are there activities that a parent and child can do together? (Hey, who knows....maybe I won't be single then......a girl can dream! )
Can't help directly with your question but, on two previous cruises, DH and I shared tables at dinner with a single mother and her 11-12 year old daughter. Both daughters preferred to spend most of their time with her new friends at the clubs.

In at least one case, the mother was worried that we would be upset to share a table with a tween. Have to say, those were the two best dinner seatings we had. Mom and daughter caught up at dinner (they did some excursions together), and we enjoyed a different perspective on life on the ship.

Just relax and enjoy. Disney makes it easy.

Kathy

DVC Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:34 PM   #124
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Kathy View Post
Just relax and enjoy. Disney makes it easy.

Kathy
So does Dreams Unlimited. Since I'm a total newbie about cruises when I was talking to Tracey at DU about room choice I told her I'd leave that up to her since she's an expert. I ended up with room 10662 which gets a thumbs up from me!!

(there's a nice thread in the DCL section of the Dis Boards that has photos of the Dream with room numbers below the windows, so I know exactly where our room is now)
Old 12-03-2010, 01:38 PM   #125
clomahony
Mouseketeer

I sent in a request for a quote a few days ago and accidentially deleted the e-mail that gave me my quote # so I could follow up. How can I get this number?

Thanks for any and all help!

August 2006 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge
November 2006 - Port Orleans Riverside
September 2007 - Disneyland, November 2007 - Sheraton Vistana
April 2008 - All Stars Movies
May 2009 - All Stars Movies
June 2010 - Vistana
January 2011 - Disneyland, December 2011 - Animal Kingdom Lodge

clomahony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:54 PM   #126
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

On PCC 1.0 most of us just took the luck of the draw. Val & I said that we weren't at all particular about who we were seated with since we took it as an opportunity to meet folks. DU had told us that we would be seated with other DIS'ers and that was just fine for us. We were fortunate enough to wind up with Todd and Chris as dinner-mates.

For PCC 2.0 we wound up requesting to be seated with some other DIS'ers that we've become friendly with. But don't feel left out. You'll find, as we did, that all the DIS'ers are a really nice bunch and you will be very happy with your tablemates.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:31 AM   #127
paulasillars
Body in New Zealand, mind in Walt Disney World
Winner of the ABD Potty Olympics

Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
Are you two going to be scrumming on the ship?
Looks like it - at least we can provide some entertainment

(rest assured, its just a friendly game us Kiwi's and Aussie's play constantly)

paulasillars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 05:23 PM   #128
clovermeg
Earning My Ears

Thank You DisneyDreamer and DVC Kathy! It's good to know the children's activities aren't the same where I sat across a table from another child (we were the only two in there) and stared at each other! I'm sure she will have a great time and I think I'm going to book it!
Old 12-09-2010, 10:54 PM   #129
sceavis
Mouseketeer

A friend and I are talking about joining in on the fun were looking at cat 11a and 9a we need just a basic room with two beds what is the difference between the two?What one would you recommend?This is a first time cruise for the both of us.
sceavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 06:06 AM   #130
DSNYDREAMER
Cruising with Unlimited Dreams
Ring of fire! Ring of fire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceavis View Post
A friend and I are talking about joining in on the fun were looking at cat 11a and 9a we need just a basic room with two beds what is the difference between the two?What one would you recommend?This is a first time cruise for the both of us.
There are a couple of differences between them. An 11A is an inside cabin and is 169 sq ft. A 9A is an ocean view cabin (has window or port hole), and is slightly bigger at 204 sq ft. The 9A will also have the split bathroom which is nice when 2 people are getting ready at the same time!

DSNYDREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:46 AM   #131
Daisuke

Fell off the bed with a squeak & took the bedspread with her
nya~

Why have all the podcast cruises been on the weeks of my finals? Y_Y
Old 12-16-2010, 01:07 PM   #132
magchavez
DIS Veteran

Book onboard in March, or book now thru Dreams?

My family would love to join this cruise. My question is... We are sailing on the dream 3/27/2011. Can we wait to book on the cruise and then transfer to Dreams? Or should I reserve now thru Dreams to ensure there's room for us? Any thoughts??

2006 - POR
2007 - CSR
2008 - POR
2009 - CBR and DCL (Wonder)
2010 - CBR and Disneyland
2011 - POR and DCL (Dream)
2012 - CBR
2014 - POR
magchavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:08 AM   #133
DSNYDREAMER
Cruising with Unlimited Dreams
Ring of fire! Ring of fire!

Wow! What a great cruise. Just got back from 2.0 and can't wait for 3.0...I can only imagine what John has up his sleeve the next time.

DSNYDREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:54 PM   #134
mikelan6
World Traveler, Usually Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by magchavez View Post
My family would love to join this cruise. My question is... We are sailing on the dream 3/27/2011. Can we wait to book on the cruise and then transfer to Dreams? Or should I reserve now thru Dreams to ensure there's room for us? Any thoughts??
I would wait till March ... you have plenty of time.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:37 PM   #135
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisuke View Post
Why have all the podcast cruises been on the weeks of my finals? Y_Y
Well, I booked us on 3.0, so we'll see how that goes, or if we want to wait until 4.0 (we'll know those dates later). I hope you & Nick can come on the next one because we had so much fun on 2.0!!!!!

(pssst... I also booked the Mex Riviera & will make sure we have dates that work for all three of us. )
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: