Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 04:57 PM   #1186
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

i just got a text from commando!!! he got home ok on sunday and his wife wont let him on the pc till he gets his honey due list done.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

Old 12-14-2010, 05:19 PM   #1187
billybobblockhead
Kiiiiiiids, listen to your mother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
i just got a text from commando!!! he got home ok on sunday and his wife wont let him on the pc till he gets his honey due list done.
Whipped. Either that or doesn't want time in the dog house. By the way, I'll be back on in a few minutes. DW needs me to do something around the house
DISDad #425
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2010, 06:30 PM   #1188
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
DS10 loves the Magic Mirror...same Technology they use in the ride for the Postcard from the Future cartoons at the end.
Very cool!
Quote:
Sounds like our IT Nazi's got ahold of it...or did you sneak Barry in???
No, I didn't sneak in Barry. I'm just glad when I put my memory card in the reader it didn't erase all my pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
Psst Tim... I'll tell you later.
Hummmmm, wonder what it could be?
Old 12-14-2010, 08:35 PM   #1189
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461
An E-Ticket Attraction in my own mind

Post Playoffs? You're talking about Playoffs?

Here are the final standings for the first annual Disney Dads Club Fantasy Football League:

Sport Goofy
The Mouse of Pain 11-3-0
Jasmine's Necklace 10-4-0
Passamaquody Dragons 9-5-0
Matterhorn Yodelers 9-5-0
Taxidermy Tech 4-10-0
Main Street Moose 3-11-0
Grumpy Old Men 3-11-0

Touchdown Mickey
Test Track Dummies 10-4-0
Le Cellier Dwellers 8-6-0
Duckburg Ducks 8-6-0
Small World Singers 6-8-0
Figment Cowboys 6-8-0
Thunder Mtn Locos 6-8-0
Kerchak's Tribe 5-9-0

The Final week saw the Matterhorn Yodelers finish up strong winning a must-win game, but the Dragons also won their last game and won the tiebreak to secure the final playoff spot. Jasmine's Necklace head into the playoffs riding a 4-game winning streak beating the Mouse of Pain who lost Aaron Rodgers to a concussion and did not have the horses to cover his loss.

Congrats to our division winners, The Mouse of Pain and Test Track Dummies! The battle for the Dole Whip Cup starts this week as the playoffs begin

The first game is The Mouse of Pain vs. the Passamaquoddy Dragons in the true "Nemesis Bowl". These teams are 1-1 against each other this year. This rivalry started during the draft and has exploded during the season culminating in their high-scoring matchup in Week 10 where the Dragons continued their hot streak and barely edged the Mouse of Pain to hold on for the win. This was the highest scoring game of the year by two teams and makes this matchup especially exciting. Hopefully, Aaron Rodgers can play so the Mouse of Pain is at full strength. If not, the Mouse of Pain will rely on Big Ben, the player whose drafting by the Mouse of Pain just before the Dragons picked is part of what ignited this intense rivalry. The Dragons will be riding the legs of Fantasy MVP Arian Foster who has been an absolute beast this season. Despite the Mouse of Pain being the top seed, the edge in this one has to go to the Dragons given the injury to Aaron Rodgers.

In the other playoff matchup, the winner and sole playoff participant from the Touchdown Mickey division, Test Track Dummies, faces the red-hot Necklace of Jasmine, or is it the red hot Jasmine who happens to be wearing a necklace? Either way, there is some red hotness involved. The Dummies crushed the Necklace 166.45-89.05 in Week 10 - the only time these two met this year. The Necklace will rely heavily on Peyton Manning and Andre Johnson, while the Dummies counter with Vick, Roddy White and the backfield combo of Michael Turner and LeSean McCoy. The explosive Dummies will be tough to beat with those guys and their matchups this week.

Finally, in the consolation bracket, the Matterhorn Yodelers face the Small World Singers while Le Cellier Dwellers meet the Duckburg Ducks. The winners of these games will meet next week in the 5th place game and the losers will meet for the 7th place game.

Good luck to all and thanks for a great regular season!

ClearScreen
ClearScreen (Chris) - DIS Dad Club Member #461 - Me(44), DW(45), DD(12), DS(9)

1976 - 2 trips stayed off-site. September, 2000 - Wilderness Lodge. August, 2010 - Contemporary. August, 2012 - Swan. August, 2014 - Coronado Springs

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:12 AM   #1190
The Disney Fanatic
DIS Dad's Club Member #1

Playoff Fantasy Football

Hey DIS Dads,

You are invited to join the NFL.com Playoff Challenge fantasy league, Disney Dads. Join Now.
The league's url is: http://challengegames.nfl.com/playof...M_email_invite
Old 12-15-2010, 07:16 AM   #1191
The Disney Fanatic
DIS Dad's Club Member #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearScreen View Post
Here are the final standings for the first annual Disney Dads Club Fantasy Football League:

Sport Goofy
The Mouse of Pain 11-3-0
Jasmine's Necklace 10-4-0
Passamaquody Dragons 9-5-0
Matterhorn Yodelers 9-5-0
Taxidermy Tech 4-10-0
Main Street Moose 3-11-0
Grumpy Old Men 3-11-0

Touchdown Mickey
Test Track Dummies 10-4-0
Le Cellier Dwellers 8-6-0
Duckburg Ducks 8-6-0
Small World Singers 6-8-0
Figment Cowboys 6-8-0
Thunder Mtn Locos 6-8-0
Kerchak's Tribe 5-9-0

The Final week saw the Matterhorn Yodelers finish up strong winning a must-win game, but the Dragons also won their last game and won the tiebreak to secure the final playoff spot. Jasmine's Necklace head into the playoffs riding a 4-game winning streak beating the Mouse of Pain who lost Aaron Rodgers to a concussion and did not have the horses to cover his loss.

Congrats to our division winners, The Mouse of Pain and Test Track Dummies! The battle for the Dole Whip Cup starts this week as the playoffs begin

The first game is The Mouse of Pain vs. the Passamaquoddy Dragons in the true "Nemesis Bowl". These teams are 1-1 against each other this year. This rivalry started during the draft and has exploded during the season culminating in their high-scoring matchup in Week 10 where the Dragons continued their hot streak and barely edged the Mouse of Pain to hold on for the win. This was the highest scoring game of the year by two teams and makes this matchup especially exciting. Hopefully, Aaron Rodgers can play so the Mouse of Pain is at full strength. If not, the Mouse of Pain will rely on Big Ben, the player whose drafting by the Mouse of Pain just before the Dragons picked is part of what ignited this intense rivalry. The Dragons will be riding the legs of Fantasy MVP Arian Foster who has been an absolute beast this season. Despite the Mouse of Pain being the top seed, the edge in this one has to go to the Dragons given the injury to Aaron Rodgers.

In the other playoff matchup, the winner and sole playoff participant from the Touchdown Mickey division, Test Track Dummies, faces the red-hot Necklace of Jasmine, or is it the red hot Jasmine who happens to be wearing a necklace? Either way, there is some red hotness involved. The Dummies crushed the Necklace 166.45-89.05 in Week 10 - the only time these two met this year. The Necklace will rely heavily on Peyton Manning and Andre Johnson, while the Dummies counter with Vick, Roddy White and the backfield combo of Michael Turner and LeSean McCoy. The explosive Dummies will be tough to beat with those guys and their matchups this week.

Finally, in the consolation bracket, the Matterhorn Yodelers face the Small World Singers while Le Cellier Dwellers meet the Duckburg Ducks. The winners of these games will meet next week in the 5th place game and the losers will meet for the 7th place game.

Good luck to all and thanks for a great regular season!

ClearScreen
HEY.....How did I miss this?
Old 12-15-2010, 07:31 AM   #1192
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
I'm currently sitting in a McDonald's just anxiously awaiting Barry's text/call to see if tonight's possible meet for dinner happens or not (and no, we won't eat at McD if it does). If not, it will be another time I know. I'll be back up this way in January, from what I learned yesterday.

So it didn't happen I guess. Your own rule, you know.
And it almost didn't. I pick the kids up from daycare after work, and DW had a late meeting she couldn't reschedule. I actually texted Stopher and told him I wouldn't be able to make it. Then, as I'm just driving out of my work's parking lot, DW calls, says her meeting ended early and she was on her way to get the kids. A quick call to Stopher, and 5 minutes later we're getting dinner at little Mexican place next to Milwaukee's airport.
Stopher - I'm glad we could meet up. And I'm sorry I wouldn't let you take a bite of your meal - your stories were just to good to interrupt for chewing!

Oh yeah, and I have proof:
Old 12-15-2010, 07:33 AM   #1193
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Disney Fanatic View Post
HEY.....How did I miss this?
I don't know... he set it up a couple of threads ago.

It has been a lot of fun though, hopefully we can do it again next year.

I think a baseball league might be a good idea as well....
Old 12-15-2010, 07:48 AM   #1194
Sonnyeclipse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I don't know... he set it up a couple of threads ago.

It has been a lot of fun though, hopefully we can do it again next year.

I think a baseball league might be a good idea as well....
Count me in if you have room in any fantasy league. I am a fantasy sports addict.
DIS Dad's Club member #538
My December 2010 Trip report

Need to book a new trip.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:10 AM   #1195
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Stopher - I'm glad we could meet up. And I'm sorry I wouldn't let you take a bite of your meal - your stories were just to good to interrupt for chewing!
That's nice!!!

The question is- was Christopher wearing shorts? Inquiring minds want to know...
Old 12-15-2010, 08:29 AM   #1196
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
And it almost didn't. I pick the kids up from daycare after work, and DW had a late meeting she couldn't reschedule. I actually texted Stopher and told him I wouldn't be able to make it. Then, as I'm just driving out of my work's parking lot, DW calls, says her meeting ended early and she was on her way to get the kids. A quick call to Stopher, and 5 minutes later we're getting dinner at little Mexican place next to Milwaukee's airport.

Good work! It's pretty cool that you could get together twice within a week in states over a thousand miles apart.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:49 AM   #1197
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Me too! That was awesome. And don't worry about the food thing... I did get enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
That's nice!!!

The question is- was Christopher wearing shorts? Inquiring minds want to know...
Not this time Tim. In Florida, sure. It was warmer there than at home. In Wisconsin? NOPE. It was COLDER there than at home. In Florida when we were there it was what, in the mid 50's, down into the high 30's or low 40's in the evening... yesterday in the great frozen north it started out the morning at about 3 with a -4 windchill (not terrible, but not shorts weather). By dinnertime it had warmed up to about 15 or so. I typically put the shorts back in the drawer when it gets down to freezing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Good work! It's pretty cool that you could get together twice within a week in states over a thousand miles apart.
It was pretty cool! Especially considering the fact that his office literally overlooks the runway of the airport. I was sad at first thinking how close yet so far away we were when he said he couldn't make it. But it turned into a nice happy ending of sorts. He even showed up in his WDW sweatshirt. (I guess the Wisconsin one still hasn't been cleaned )

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 12-15-2010, 09:46 AM   #1198
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamacamper View Post
Leaving in 5 days!
Welcome to the club! You are member # 546!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgkeeper View Post
Proud new member here (once I've posted up a bit, that is)

Heading to the World 12/26 until 1/1. Can't wait to tell ya all about it.

Me (34) DW (35), DS (5), DD (2)
Getting closer!! Welcome! You are member # 547!

WELCOME TO THE DIS DAD'S CLUB!

You have been added to the DIS Dad's Club list

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDadC View Post
Hey guys since I am not a writer lol would this constitute a trip report??

We had a great time in Dinsey

The end

Just kidding will try to do a report soon
AWESOME! (Insert applause here). I totally should have done this! Oh... BTW... I'm the FIRST to reply to your TR AND... it is now listed on page one of the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDadC View Post
Don: You must have been sleeping when I drove by again.I went to exit 8 got to the bottom of the off ramp and yelled DON!! didnt hear you so got back on 95 went to exit 11 and repeated DON!!! still no answer .Wasnt sure what exit was your so I tried them both.Would have been nice to have a cup of coffee with you,I could have used it about then lol
Hmmmm... well then... ummm... yeah... I was sleeping all right. Glad you made it back safely!! Next time I'll have the brew waiting for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobblockhead View Post
That may be the best trip report of all time. Clear, concise, and to the point. And, you don't have to spend months writing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepat View Post
DisneyDadC: Best. Trip Report. Ever. Now the question remains, if Don wrote this report how long would it take him to complete it?

Holiday Card Exchange: If any Dads want to get in on the holiday card exchange, I'm accepting mailing addresses via PM until Wednesday. After that I will compile a list of addresses and pass that along to those who have joined.
PM sent!

Quote:
I did run into Ray (Disney Commando) during the Christmas Party. The pictures isn't fuzzy - that's just the way we are!
Uh oh... is it Ray or Ron... now I'm confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobblockhead View Post
Whipped. Either that or doesn't want time in the dog house. By the way, I'll be back on in a few minutes. DW needs me to do something around the house
Beware Of the Doghouse...

Quote:

That's awesome! One day I also wish to meet the all knowing Stopher1 and hear of his tall tales.

As for my happenings lately... been a very busy week in our household. Our Christmas cantata went well on Sunday. Up until then we were rehearsing 4 times a week... which is a lot with everything else needing attention, too. DD also performed and sang with us in this one! She loved it! No pics though Still waiting for the choir director to send out her copy which has the whole group in it. I'll post when it comes in. I'm also editing the video that was taken of the performance... which has been very difficult since the person running the camera did not have any experience using the equipment. Will need several more hours of editing before it's ready.

Planning to get 2-4 inches of snow/sleet tomorrow. That should totally shut down our next of the woods. The forecast if iffy at best... but would still welcome the stuff. We don't get it very often here.

Still counting down the days until our trip to the sunny state. Only 133 more days to go Still... all these reports of dads meeting up have been bittersweet. Cool to hear you guys meeting... but also jealous I couldn't be there.

Hope you guys are having a good Wednesday!!
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 12-15-2010, 09:51 AM   #1199
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Can one of you guys up Norf please close the back door???

The cold draft is getting a little old down here....

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"
Old 12-15-2010, 09:58 AM   #1200
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post
Can one of you guys up Norf please close the back door???

The cold draft is getting a little old down here....
Yeah.. no kidding!
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: