Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 07:14 PM   #1156
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Whoa… I just can’t seem to come up for air long enough to even keep up around here any more. I need a vacation! Oh wait… Four more days and I get to take one!

We can’t leave out of here until Friday afternoon, but our drive isn’t quite the marathon some of y’all have to make. I don’t think there are going to be any other regular members down there during out little stay, so DDC-meets are probably not happening, but I know we’ll have a great time none the less. I haven’t been on-world during the holidays since 2002, so I’m seriously looking forward to this trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rental01 View Post
Kim update! She's doing MUCH better! She now remembers just about everything and is caught up enough to be frustrated that she missed the last two weeks or so. YAY! Now she wants to drive... uh... no.

Very glad to here that she it doing better, but I’m sorry to here that she’s having problems at all. We’ll keep all of you in mind and look forward to hearing more good news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDadC View Post
Hey guys since I am not a writer lol would this constitute a trip report??

We had a great time in Dinsey

The end

(By the way… Ownage!)
Old 12-13-2010, 07:34 PM   #1157
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Sleep, I need sleep!!! I just got home from work and I have had 10 hours of sleep since Friday!!! I have been at work with only 2 or 3 hours breaks between call ins! I am think I am about to lose my mind!!!

Ian I am so glad to hear of your wife's recovery!!! We have been praying for her and will continue to do so!

Barry, Dave, and Carl, ha ha ha...your back home and at work Now you know what I was like last week while you guys were still able to have fun in the happiest place on earth!

You Dads who have my cell number...please feel free to continue to text anytime.....I was not a texter at all until the DDC meet of 2010!

I think I might go to bed now before I totally collaps....Is it Friday yet? ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (46) DW Shari (45) DS Ethan (7) DD Lauren (6)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2010, 08:01 PM   #1158
billybobblockhead
Kiiiiiiids, listen to your mother!

Quote:
Hey guys since I am not a writer lol would this constitute a trip report??

We had a great time in Dinsey

The end

Just kidding will try to do a report soon
That may be the best trip report of all time. Clear, concise, and to the point. And, you don't have to spend months writing it.
DISDad #425
Old 12-13-2010, 09:08 PM   #1159
middlepat
Dis Dad Member #325

Rental01: Awesome news on DW!!! Glad she's getting back her memories.

FreezinRafiki: Somehow the weather went from 80 degrees and sunny to snowy and Freezin overnight around here... just about the time you got back to this quadrant of the country... not that I'm blaming it ALL on you...yet.

NFL Celebrations: As a Bears fan, I wish that the NFL would ban the SuperBowl Shuffle. That has got to be the worst shot video / music ever recorded. Besides, McMahon is a punk, and not in a cool way.

DisneyDadC: Best. Trip Report. Ever. Now the question remains, if Don wrote this report how long would it take him to complete it?

Dis Dads in December: Welcome back to those of you who have returned, Hope you're having fun for those who are at WDW, and I'm jealous of those about to head down.

Holiday Card Exchange: If any Dads want to get in on the holiday card exchange, I'm accepting mailing addresses via PM until Wednesday. After that I will compile a list of addresses and pass that along to those who have joined.

Me (40) DW (29+) DD (11) DD (9) DD (6)
Nov 01 ASMo, Sept 05 WL, Jan 07 POFQ, Nov 09 Poly May 13 Off-Site (Windsor Hills)
Old 12-14-2010, 07:12 AM   #1160
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Looks like I'm going to bring Philadelphia sports up again today... just took a look at the Phillies' new pitching rotation and I threw up in my mouth a little bit. Who needs Jayson Werth when nobody can score against you?
Old 12-14-2010, 07:21 AM   #1161
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Looks like I'm going to bring Philadelphia sports up again today... just took a look at the Phillies' new pitching rotation and I threw up in my mouth a little bit. Who needs Jayson Werth when nobody can score against you?

Of all the headlines I was expecting to read this morning, "Phillies sign Cliff Lee" was not one of them.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:23 AM   #1162
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
I've got 15 more shots to go into the gallery and I hope to get them completed by the end of the week. There are a few on my wife's camera that we may upload later but editing the images and getting them print ready takes a while so that may not make it up to the site for a while. Just got the last 16 captioned.
Looking forward to seeing them too!

Quote:
Kim update! She's doing MUCH better! She now remembers just about everything and is caught up enough to be frustrated that she missed the last two weeks or so. YAY! Now she wants to drive... uh... no.

(This is more important than the Phillies news, so it gets an extra smiley)
Old 12-14-2010, 08:32 AM   #1163
Sonnyeclipse
Mouseketeer

Back to reality today and the frigid Northeast. I did get to meet one Disdad and hopefully will meet more on future trips. We had a great trip and I'll be updating my trip report over the next few weeks.

Looking forward to going back solo in Feb and then with the family in August.

DIS Dad's Club member #538
My December 2010 Trip report

Need to book a new trip.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:45 AM   #1164
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187
time to order me up a bag of dole whip mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnyeclipse View Post
Back to reality today and the frigid Northeast. I did get to meet one Disdad and hopefully will meet more on future trips. We had a great trip and I'll be updating my trip report over the next few weeks.

Looking forward to going back solo in Feb and then with the family in August.

Who is that dad?????? Oh sure Ron had the time to meet up with you but he could not find the time to do the wishes meet? We could have broken a record for most dads in one spot lol Thanks Ron

I see you are going again in Aug. Looks like Aug may shape up to be another big DDC trip.So far I believe I saw you,Ron,Steve and myself will all be down there in Aug.
Dis Dad's Club Member #187 Dis Dad's Facebook Club Member
Tickets $,Travel $, Rooms Costs $,Putting a smile on a childs face=Priceless Keep up the Magic

Old 12-14-2010, 09:22 AM   #1165
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

I'm slowly digging through my vacation pictures, but I though I would pull out the DisDads meet shots that I have.
Aside from the Ghiridelli and Wishes meet pics that have been posted, I met up with Ray (GorshGoofy) briefly during a hectic opening at Magic Kingdom:

I had briefly met Stopher that evening at Wishes, but it was late and the kids had to get to bed, so we didn't get a chance to chat. Luckily, he was able to come over to Hollywood Studio the next day and sneak up behind us as we were leaving Pixar Place. Had a nice chat with him as we walked over to ABC Commisary for lunch. And if everything works out tonight, we might be able to grab dinner while he is in town for business.

The next day, DVCZerfs and I were both in Epcot in the evening. Dave found us as we were waiting for Illuminations and we had a nice chat. Unfortunatlly, his wife wasn't feeling well, so they had to leave before the show started. No picture, either

I did run into Ray (Disney Commando) during the Christmas Party. The pictures isn't fuzzy - that's just the way we are!

It was great to meet up with so many awesome guys and you're families. Hopefully we can do it again (with more fellas!) in the future!
Old 12-14-2010, 09:33 AM   #1166
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187
time to order me up a bag of dole whip mix

Meet up with Ron and Christopher,after tracking Ron down all night lol

Dis Dad's Club Member #187 Dis Dad's Facebook Club Member
Tickets $,Travel $, Rooms Costs $,Putting a smile on a childs face=Priceless Keep up the Magic

Old 12-14-2010, 09:48 AM   #1167
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

MAn, you guys were on a DIS meet mission!

Love the pics! I wish I had a chance to meet a few of the other dads... maybe next time...
Old 12-14-2010, 09:52 AM   #1168
Sonnyeclipse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Who is that dad?????? Oh sure Ron had the time to meet up with you but he could not find the time to do the wishes meet? We could have broken a record for most dads in one spot lol Thanks Ron

I see you are going again in Aug. Looks like Aug may shape up to be another big DDC trip.So far I believe I saw you,Ron,Steve and myself will all be down there in Aug.
When is everyone going in August?
DIS Dad's Club member #538
My December 2010 Trip report

Need to book a new trip.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:01 AM   #1169
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
I had briefly met Stopher that evening at Wishes, but it was late and the kids had to get to bed, so we didn't get a chance to chat. Luckily, he was able to come over to Hollywood Studio the next day and sneak up behind us as we were leaving Pixar Place. Had a nice chat with him as we walked over to ABC Commisary for lunch. And if everything works out tonight, we might be able to grab dinner while he is in town for business.
Tim...I wonder what evil they plotted against us????

Quote:
The next day, DVCZerfs and I were both in Epcot in the evening. Dave found us as we were waiting for Illuminations and we had a nice chat. Unfortunatlly, his wife wasn't feeling well, so they had to leave before the show started. No picture, either
Didn't happen!

Quote:
I did run into Ray (Disney Commando) during the Christmas Party. The pictures isn't fuzzy - that's just the way we are!
Old 12-14-2010, 10:04 AM   #1170
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
Tim...I wonder what evil they plotted against us????
They were probably figuring out how to get me into one of those orange tie-dyed shirts.

Quote:
Didn't happen!
LOLOLOL VERY TRUE!!!!

BTW I was able to get inside Base 21 in Epcot... and I didn't have to sneak in or do a secret handshake.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: