Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2010, 12:53 PM   #1
JoeyAnyc
Mouseketeer

My Package Came!!!

I'm very excited. This is the one piece of mail I look forward to getting each year. My Disney welcome package. I try not to think too much about my trip because Dec is always so far away. From the time I get the package, I can't stop thinking about Disney. Glad they send them out close to your trip

Just made my order with Garden Grocers and confirmed all of my reservations. Hopefully there are no major changes in Disney. I am going to re-read through the park topics, etc. to see if there's anything I should know.

Speaking of packages, does anyone ever MAIL all the stuff they purchase in Disney to their home, so they don't have to pack it all? Just wondering and wanted to see where you can get mailing supplies and to ship them.

Thanks in advance.
Joey

Dec 1 - 6, 2014 YC
[GF: Dec '04/Dec '06/Dec '07/Dec '08/Dec '09/Dec '10: YC: Dec '11/Dec '12/Dec '13]

JoeyAnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #2
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

i know I got some stuff at the resort concierge when i sent some ornaments to a friend a few years back. also when you pruchase stuff in the shops disney can ship it home for you and you don't have to pay the FL sales tax
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2010, 03:13 PM   #3
chwgmjay
I think your giraffe is being towed.

I just order some flat rate Priority Mail boxes off USPS.com. Then I use a business center at one of the deluxe hotels to print off a print-n-go shipping label, stick it on there, and drop it off at the counter. 3 days later it's waiting for me at home.
chwgmjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:32 PM   #4
JoeyAnyc
Mouseketeer

Wow, thanks for the info. I didn't know that you can have them mail it to you from the shop you purchase from. I've always had them send it to the GF, and I end up packing it all. Good to know.

Thanks again!

Dec 1 - 6, 2014 YC
[GF: Dec '04/Dec '06/Dec '07/Dec '08/Dec '09/Dec '10: YC: Dec '11/Dec '12/Dec '13]

Old 11-09-2010, 06:33 AM   #5
Scuttle
Mouseketeer

I hope you have a great trip!! We stayed at GF at Christmastime a few years ago, and it really does create that magic Christmas experience! We got some awesome Holiday Card photos that year, as there are so many opportunities for great pictures! Have a great trip!!!
Old 11-09-2010, 11:25 AM   #6
DopeyDave
Earned one Ear, working on my second!

We've just sent a bunch of stuff home from WDW too. We've also found that usually if you're buying/shipping stuff from your resort gift shop, they'll let you add items purchased elsewhere on property, as long as it's a Disney owned/operated shop. For instance, we couldn't send a mug purchased at the Twinings shop in Epcot. But we were able to save space (and weight) in our suitcases.

First Disney Adventure: WaltDisneyWorld Preview Center - 1969 (I've been hooked ever since!)
Next Disney Adventure: Food & Wine Festival (Sep '14-BLT)
Previous Disney Adventures: Hilton Head Island Resort (May '12), DVC Member Cruise/Food & Wine (Sep/Oct '11), Viva Italia ABD (Sep '09) to name a few!

DopeyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:47 PM   #7
zeitzeuge
DallasDisneyDork
Some people NEED to be bitten
Had a little accident in my pants when I found out I was going to Club 33!

Small stuff we try to fit in our carry ons, but anything else we can't pack we have shipped directly from the Disney shop we bought them at. I know this works for Disneyland, so I'm sure it works for WDW. We pack extra light so we can bring as much as we can back.
zeitzeuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:53 PM   #8
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

I've shipped from the Dolphin's business center with UPS. Made packing a little (very little) easier packing.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:53 PM   #9
Sphyrna
DIS Veteran

Yay!! That's one thing I do miss about my trips this year, getting the packet. They only send them on packages and since I have an AP this year my bookings have been room-only, so no welcome packet. But I do get the same feeling when my Magical Express envelope arrives!

Have you used Garden Grocer before? I'm thinking about trying them in December since we'll have a 1 BR villa with full kitchen.

I usually try to take an empty carry-on bag. Then I pack it with the stuff I buy in the parks. Although I haven't been buying many souvenirs the last couple trips.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:14 PM   #10
JoeyAnyc
Mouseketeer

Thanks again for all of the info. I have packed and extra bag for pruchases, but this year I'm going to try just mailing everything back. Great tips, gang!

Yes, I have used Garden Grocer for the first time last year. Everything went perfectly thanks to all of the helpful information posted on here. I just placed my order about a month ago. I just like to have beverages and light snacks in the room.

Well only 9 more days, and I am SO overwhelmed with excitement. Being that I've only been to Disney during December, Disney always had that magical christmas touch each time I've gone. I look forward to walking into the GF and smelling the holiday scents and visiting the Gingerbread house.

Each year, once we check in, we head right over to Le Chef in Paris for their great lunch menu. It's tradition. They always have the guy climbing up his stacking chairs.

Okay, I'm WAY off topic. LOL
I'll return to report how I made out with shipping.

Dec 1 - 6, 2014 YC

Old 11-29-2010, 05:14 AM   #11
wallyb
Love My Stella-rella!
Crocs are Crack for Feet!
On ‘the list’ so treading carefully

Have a great trip!
wallyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:26 AM   #12
VroomVroomLightning
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyAnyc View Post
Thanks again for all of the info. I have packed and extra bag for pruchases, but this year I'm going to try just mailing everything back. Great tips, gang!

Yes, I have used Garden Grocer for the first time last year. Everything went perfectly thanks to all of the helpful information posted on here. I just placed my order about a month ago. I just like to have beverages and light snacks in the room.

Well only 9 more days, and I am SO overwhelmed with excitement. Being that I've only been to Disney during December, Disney always had that magical christmas touch each time I've gone. I look forward to walking into the GF and smelling the holiday scents and visiting the Gingerbread house.

Each year, once we check in, we head right over to Le Chef in Paris for their great lunch menu. It's tradition. They always have the guy climbing up his stacking chairs.

Okay, I'm WAY off topic. LOL
I'll return to report how I made out with shipping.
We will be there December 4 - 11! Not at the GF though!! Hope you have fun!
Old 12-04-2010, 10:33 AM   #13
npmommie
Channels George Michael in her car...

Have fun!!!

I always love getting that package too!
npmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:28 AM   #14
ilovemickeymost
Wife of a Soldier, Girlfriend of a Mouse. Thank you Walt for giving us a place to be part of the Magic.

@Joe I've had both guest relations & cast members offer to mail my purchases home for me. Not sure of the cost though. I'm not going until May & am super excited. Its gonna be the longest 5 months in history.

DH (42) & DMe (38) & DD (17) & DS1 (5) & DS2 (2)
ilovemickeymost is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: