Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2010, 03:46 PM   #1
Heva2015
Mouseketeer

Question

My manager at work is very camp and is very out, everyone knows he is gay. Myself, its more implied rather than outwardly discussed. If people ask I'm happy to confirm but otherwise I'm not one for pushing it in their faces. We have a great relationship with a lot of banter.

Anyway...at my christmas party I called my manager as a joke...as in 'shut up you big queen' and he retaliated with 'at least im not a ****'. I found it hilarious but apparently others who were there have complained...would you have been offended.

Orlando
Copake
Providence
Washington, DC
New York
Heva2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 04:47 PM   #2
TinkerChelle
Happy Mommy of 2

No, I would not have been offended at all. But, of course, I'm a big ****!
TinkerChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2010, 04:54 PM   #3
STOCKYJIM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heva2015 View Post
My manager at work is very camp and is very out, everyone knows he is gay. Myself, its more implied rather than outwardly discussed. If people ask I'm happy to confirm but otherwise I'm not one for pushing it in their faces. We have a great relationship with a lot of banter.

Anyway...at my christmas party I called my manager as a joke...as in 'shut up you big queen' and he retaliated with 'at least im not a ****'. I found it hilarious but apparently others who were there have complained...would you have been offended.
Tricky one - I wouldnt have been offended as I would have taken it as it was - a little bit of banter in a social situation. It may be that the others were shocked on your behalf as you said- its not outwardly discussed.

It may however mean that you now have more people asking you if you are or not!!
Old 12-11-2010, 05:40 PM   #4
Heva2015
Mouseketeer

Thanks...where I work is very big on equality and it is a fab place to work but people do tend to get upset for people lol

Orlando
Copake
Providence
Washington, DC
New York
Heva2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:58 AM   #5
STOCKYJIM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heva2015 View Post
Thanks...where I work is very big on equality and it is a fab place to work but people do tend to get upset for people lol
Been there - my first job out of uni was at the job centre and I worked with my gay female housemate. It was a great place to work and my housemate and I always had a good banter going. One day she grabbed my man****s- which was kind of a running joke with us - yet someone complained and she got reprimanded for sexual harrassment.

Needless to say there was nothing sexual and certainly no harrassment but as the saying goes - political correctness gone mad!!!
Old 12-12-2010, 06:56 PM   #6
DOPEYLUVER
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by STOCKYJIM View Post
Needless to say there was nothing sexual and certainly no harrassment but as the saying goes - political correctness gone mad!!!

I work at a human services organization. We are definitely political correctness gone mad. I am white and used to banter with a black employee. I told my boss about something funny that was said between the other employee and me. We were joking and no one else even heard us. I was then "made" to join the diversity committee. We have a committee for everything.

DOPEYLUVER is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: