Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2010, 12:39 PM   #61
darrenwatson66
Mouseketeer

Great idea!!!
darrenwatson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:40 PM   #62
darrenwatson66
Mouseketeer

We've done three cruises and haven't had anything stolen.
darrenwatson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2010, 04:29 AM   #63
Feisty Fairy
DIS Veteran

This is good to know. I am new to cruising I have been to WDW 5 times but not on a cruise. I hope to go on one in May 2012. I will have fun creating a magnet for the door I love art and am studying animation.
Feisty Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:34 PM   #64
mlipreston
Earning My Ears

Thank you everyone for all of the good information. This will be my first Disney Cruise (I have cruised about 7 other times on other cruise lines) and I love the door decorating and FE ideas. I can't wait for 9/11/11.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:43 PM   #65
awise27
Earning My Ears

Can anyone tell me the sites that they've used to buy their custom door magnets?

Thanks!

It's Going to be a
awise27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:32 PM   #66
Turtleship
Earning My Ears

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Thanks for the info. Any surcharge from Disney can't be pretty.
Turtleship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:58 PM   #67
clukey1
Earning My Ears

Fish extenders

Every one should start learning about Fish Extenders . they hang on the hook provided and do no damage.
Its really allot of fun for the kids .
clukey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:54 AM   #68
DisneyDee27
Disney fanatic since '75

Hi Sis,
I just booked a b2b cruise. Christy is coming down on the 15th and will do the 3 night cruise. Yay!

DL 1975, WDW 1998, Tokyo DL/DS 2006, 2007 & 2013, Paris DL 2009, DCL Dream B2B 2011, 2013 & 2014, DCL Fantasy 2012 & 2014, HKDL 2013, DCL Magic 2014
DisneyDee27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:58 PM   #69
dmanna
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info on door magnets. We are taking our first Disney Cruise in June, 2011 on the Dream and can't wait!
Old 12-26-2010, 05:59 PM   #70
weezyree
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfamilyoffive View Post
well we have booked our second dcl cruise and we will be going on the dream in september. Can not wait it has taken me 2 1/2 years to talk dh into to going. Anyway sorry i digress. We didnt know about decorating the door until we saw abunch done on our first cruise in oct 2007. I think it is a great idea, makes it easier to find your cabin. And the sticky note is a great idea. So far we have about 50 plus people going on the cruise in september 2011.
may i please inquire as to how you have talked that many people into going on a disney cruise with you??? I have tried in vain to get my family to go and only my in-laws and my aunt have gone with us. We have a bunch of party poopers in our family!!! Any budget ideas cause that's their number one excuse???

WDW-Apr 02-Camp Wilderness, Apr 08; Port Orleans, Aug 09-Saratoga Springs; Jun 11-Saratoga Springs; Dec 11-Saratoga Springs (Christmas); Mar 12-Saratoga Springs (DD and DSin-law honeymoon); Jun 12-Saratoga Springs; RECON mission to Aulani, Hawaii-Sep 12; Dec 12-Saratoga Springs (Christmas)
DLR-Aug 09-Paradise Pier; Mar 10-Park visit only; Oct 11-Downtown Disney visit only
DCL-Aug 03 (4 nite), Apr 08 (4 nite), Aug 09 (7 nite), Jan 10 (3 nite), Jun 12 (4 nite), ...2013 NINE NIGHT MEDITERRANEAN!!!
DVC members since Apr 08-SSR and AKKV
DH , Me , DD22 , DSin-law26 and DD15 : FIRST GRANDSON DAunt :
PROUD ARMY FAMILY OF THREE!!!
weezyree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 06:06 PM   #71
weezyree
Mouseketeer

One solution came to mind about theft of magnets. As one Dis'er said you can keep important, irreplacable magnets inside the stateroom and others on the outside.

We make our own from prints we make or find on the Internet and laminate them. Stick on adhesive backed magnets and keep them in our vacation folder.

One idea would be to thread the magnets to a fishing line or something else thin enough to be closed in the door and tied securely on the other side (inside the stateroom). Sounds like a bit of work, but if you don't want them stolen....

or as another Dis'er said, personalize them such as your stateroom number or first names. That still doesn't stop the ankle-biting, crumb-snatchers that run the hallways late at night or early in the morning!!! They just prolly grab and go!!

Have fun either way and keep your good magnets inside!!

WDW-Apr 02-Camp Wilderness, Apr 08; Port Orleans, Aug 09-Saratoga Springs; Jun 11-Saratoga Springs; Dec 11-Saratoga Springs (Christmas); Mar 12-Saratoga Springs (DD and DSin-law honeymoon); Jun 12-Saratoga Springs; RECON mission to Aulani, Hawaii-Sep 12; Dec 12-Saratoga Springs (Christmas)
DLR-Aug 09-Paradise Pier; Mar 10-Park visit only; Oct 11-Downtown Disney visit only
DCL-Aug 03 (4 nite), Apr 08 (4 nite), Aug 09 (7 nite), Jan 10 (3 nite), Jun 12 (4 nite), ...2013 NINE NIGHT MEDITERRANEAN!!!
DVC members since Apr 08-SSR and AKKV
DH , Me , DD22 , DSin-law26 and DD15 : FIRST GRANDSON DAunt :
PROUD ARMY FAMILY OF THREE!!!
weezyree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 06:10 PM   #72
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Magnet theft isn't as common as you'd think. We've been on 5 DCL cruises, decorated doors on all but our 1st and never had one stolen. I do try to personalize as much as possible but some I can't and still never were stolen.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:04 PM   #73
jamielynn
Enjoying Happily Ever After!!

Door Magnets

Good Evening,

I made door magnets for our wedding cruise, for ALL of our guests, as a surprise and to personalize their doors/trip for them. I put first names on the signs and in the lower corner the room number. Out of the 17 rooms, no one had theirs stolen. A couple were switched with others but none taken.

It was great and the kids found it easy to find their rooms.

We are about to go on our 3rd, the Maiden Voyage of the Fantasy and I plan to do it again for our room and friends.

Have fun making signs!

-Jamie

WDW DS 1st Trip to the World 7/10 WDW Marathon Weekend 1/09 WDW Inaugural Princess 1/2 Marathon 3/09 WDW Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon 10/11 Tower of Terror 10 Miler 09/12
Fantasy Maiden Voyage 3/12 DCL Wonder Wedding 2/29/08 Honeymoon 3/08
Too Many to count prior to 2008
jamielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:53 PM   #74
kvenable
Earning My Ears

What are FE's?
kvenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:41 AM   #75
JRandAJsMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvenable View Post
What are FE's?
FE= Fish Extender. It's a stocking of sorts-- it hangs on the "fish" that is on the wall outside of Disney Cruise cabin doors... It has a pocket for each person in your party and, when you join a meet on here, people from your meet group leave you little "presents" throughout the week and you drop a little something in everyone elses as well. We did it with our kids last time and it was so neat! They helped me deliver our gifts (magnets and Disney doorknob hangers) to everyone elses room and it was a special added touch to their experience to get little things from all over the country (magnets, pencils, pins, little pirate toys, stickers, etc...) almost every time we returned to the room. You can actually order them on eBay if you can't make one (that's what I did, and the lady did an excellent job... I'd post a pic if I knew how!!!). Highly recommend it!

Jen Chad Joey Alex
JRandAJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: