Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2010, 09:56 AM   #121
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

God Bless America, it's dinner at Chef's! cont'd

Our lovely server-

She was Parisienne, so sweet. Of course, because I was wearing my Bday button (to which my kids constantly said, It's not your BIRTHDAY!!!!!), a group of 7 or so handsome, handsome hot waiters (and the very pretty Parisienne) surrounded me and sang Happy Birthday when they brought me ice cream. Here are all the photos Pods took.

I know! So, sorry, tracy- no hot waiters for YOU!

At this point, I said, "Wasn't that nice...all of them singing?" and Pods said to Tyler, "Hey! I know what singing YOU could do! I'll pay you $50 to stand on your chair right now and sing God Bless America!"

I am sure you are aware, but in case you are not, America and France have a....diverse relationship. It's complicated. (Of course, I am not one of these people- largely due to the fact that my favorite French words are Vouvray, Gran Marnier, Cabernet Sauvignon, Champagne, Tomme de Levezou & Epoisses (which is cheese, but still).....I think you see my point). But there ARE those who hate the French- which is ridiculous, because how can you actually hate a whole country of people you've never even met???? We know a guy named Fred who refuses all French things- even the wine! So we texted Fred...and he said he would up the $$ to $500 if Tyler stood on his chair and sang. Actually, Fred's daughter said she would come down to Orlando and sing for free!

Sooo.....aren't we all glad that my son Tyler has integrity...and prefers to eat crepes for free. Crepe a la pomme et cannelle, glace vanille, caramel jus de pommes - Crepe filled with cinnamon, apple, vanilla ice cream and apple caramel sauce-

Timmy loved the chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream our VERY NICE, VERY FRENCH server brought for him-

Dinner was very nice (especially the singing part...and the NOT singing part) and I would definitely go back- and I would hope Ratatouille would stop by next time, too. I was really looking forward to meeting that little chef!

Oh- and PS- in case you are wondering, Pods was just making a joke. He is ok with the French, too.

Up next- exactly how much can you do in 2 hours? A LOT...if you walk very, VERY fast!

podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:19 PM   #122
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

What an awesome evening so far in Epcot! The Ditch looks GREAT! and Chefs de France, oh man I must be hungry, that food is drool inducing! What is on that tart? Is it bacon!?!? OMG!

When do we get to try some of YOUR ribs??? LOL!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2010, 05:05 PM   #123
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
I love TDC Nala's reviews as well, I think this one introduced the very funny rating system.

I thought it was from oybolshoi's review from 2009, but she then mentioned in the post when she visits the ditch for the first time that it was TDC Nala's invention. And I knew that I had read about it in a dining review... So it was actually pretty easy to find.
It doesn't sound that easy to me, I think you must be a very good detective...you must be GREAT at Kim Possible Adventures!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angmom View Post
Hi! I know I am totally late but I am here to read along! I have been up to my elbows in cookie baking but can't wait to hear about your cruise adventures. When my son is a little older (translation - won't try and jump overboard) we are definitely going to be cruising with the mouse!
Hi there!! What kinds of cookies did you bake? I'm more of a cook than a baker....but I do love EATING Christmas cookies! Good plan on waiting til your little guy is a little older- but don't wait too long! The character interaction is GREAT!: goofy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
What an awesome evening so far in Epcot! The Ditch looks GREAT! and Chefs de France, oh man I must be hungry, that food is drool inducing! What is on that tart? Is it bacon!?!? OMG!

When do we get to try some of YOUR ribs??? LOL!
Tarte a la flamme Alsacienne - Alsace specialty. Flat bread baked with cream fraiche, onion and bacon. - $8.50

Well....if ya come over on Superbowl Sunday, I usually make them then....
Old 12-09-2010, 05:10 PM   #124
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Well....if ya come over on Superbowl Sunday, I usually make them then....
Is that an invitation!?!?! I'm actually on vacation Superbowl week this year!

(and we would so be there if it wasn't that one of Savannah's dance competitions is that weekend....)

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:25 PM   #125
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
Is that an invitation!?!?! I'm actually on vacation Superbowl week this year!

(and we would so be there if it wasn't that one of Savannah's dance competitions is that weekend....)
Well, anytime you want to come, I'll be happy to make them for you.

And ya can't miss a Savannah dance competition- I've seen her dance- you KNOW she's gonna win!!!!
Old 12-09-2010, 09:34 PM   #126
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Now I understand the Standing on the Chair !!!! No I wouldn't do that either not cuz I'm embarassed but cuz I may be a lot of things but insulting a foreign country somehow wouldn't be right for a foreigner like me !!But at Liberty Inn Bring it on Babee !!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:50 AM   #127
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Food looked yummy! Im with Tyler I love Crepes, but I would have SOOO taken Fred up on his bet! not for the money for the principal... a challange is a challange!

And tell the boys the only thing you need to know in any language is the following 3 things to get by,
Food
Drink
Bathroom

btw you havent lived till you have a CRAP tostada LOL
Old 12-10-2010, 12:53 AM   #128
Fastpaks
Living the Dream, One Image at a time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Pictures of Yummy Food
= OMNOMONOMONOMONOMNOMONOM
Old 12-10-2010, 01:54 AM   #129
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Hi Ellen! So fun talking with you this morning! I'm sure the boys were feeling so grown up to be off on their own adventure! And look how responsible they were!
Now your adventure at the Ditch looks way more fun! I do love a nice smooth tequila! Now I'm kicking myself for not bringing home some tequila from Cozumel. Just wasn't in the mood to shop for it.

We ate at Chefs in 2007 - surprised to walk in for an early dinner with DBIL and DN. We loved it! Your server was a cutie - did the boys get a little tongue tied with her around? My youngest would have done something obnoxious at that age. What? Tyler didn't sing for $500? Fred must know him pretty well!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:26 AM   #130
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great meal! I still can't see myself at Chefs anytime soon, though, it just seems weired for me to pay WDW prices for French food which I can easily get here as well. I rather go and get the skillet at WCC which is something that is not available here...

How sad that a bad teacher spoiled French for Tyler! Learning a new language the most important thing is to not feel selfconscious when you speak it. I hope he will gain more confidence again with a new teacher!

But what you said about weired rules on how to pronounce things - you thing English is any better? There you have many words that don't follow any rules of pronounciation and you just never know how wether not suddenly a letter might be silent or which sound a vowel really stands for...

I absolutely agree with your sentiment that it makes no sense to hate a whole nation! And considering that there once was a great friendship between the US and France, they even gave you the Statue of Liberty! Germany and France used to have a relationship which was supposed to be a "hereditary enmity" and which was the cause for many wars in Europe! After 1945 both sides worked really hard to change that, they started twinning towns, organizing exchanges between schools and stuff like that. Today France and Germany are co-operating on many levels and within the European Union these two countries have been the motor for more integration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Now I understand the Standing on the Chair !!!! No I wouldn't do that either not cuz I'm embarassed but cuz I may be a lot of things but insulting a foreign country somehow wouldn't be right for a foreigner like me !!But at Liberty Inn Bring it on Babee !!!!
At first I was wondering wether you were proposing to sing "Save the Queen"... But then I realized that you were going to sing God Bless America.
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 06:59 AM   #131
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Oui Oui. That is my french, even though it sounds like potty humor.....

The only time I've eaten at Le Chefs it was "okay" at best, so we haven't been back. I was so very disappointed at the time because the desserts were not freshly made. They were so very prepackaged and prepared and it was just sooooo sad cause that's what we were looking forward to! And then we had the filet, which quite frankly I can get anywhere (shame on me for ordering so boring, right?). Although Jeff did enjoy the scenery with our server..... Me? Bring on the waiters in Tutto!!!!! May, right?

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 07:25 AM   #132
myelton01
Mouseketeer

Hey! That's my method on too!

O. M. G.!!! That food looks SO good!

Can't wait for another installment!
Old 12-10-2010, 07:55 AM   #133
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Tim's dinner looked delicious! I could go for it right now!
Old 12-10-2010, 03:32 PM   #134
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Had to play catch up again!

Hey, we had that same tart at Le Chefs too! And I am glad the rest of your meal went better than ours, because we just didn't enjoy it very much.

It's a shame your son didn't sing "God Bless America!". I would have loved to see the look on some of those Frenchie faces!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 08:13 PM   #135
knewton64
If it is "5 o'clock somewhere," does that mean it can be 5 o'clock anywhere and all the time?

Wink ok.....that pic of you on T.O.T......

....just made my day!

I never laughed sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooo hard .

That pic needs to be your next family Christmas photo and it be sent out to all your family & friends.

ok....back to reading.....

t.t.f.n.
My "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE N KEY WEST, COZUMEL & G CAYMAN DCL TRIP REPORT; JAN'12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N NEW YORK CITY" TRIP REPORT; SEPT '12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL, ROSE BOWL PARADE & COASTAL CALIFORNIA" TRIP REPORT (w/pics & video)- DEC '13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N ENGLAND, SCOTLAND & WALES" TRIP REPORT - August '14 (w/pics & video)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040
MY "ADVENTURES N DISNEYLAND, CATALINA ISLAND & OTHER ASSORTED SO CAL STUFF" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT; CHRISTMAS / NYE 2014
MY "ADVENTURES N WALT DISNEY WORLD & NASSAU BAHAMAS OVeR CHRISTMAS /NYE 2015" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT

Last edited by knewton64; 12-10-2010 at 08:26 PM.
knewton64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: