Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-16-2010, 04:51 PM   #61
DLB
DIS Veteran
 
DLB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Northwestern CT
Posts: 783

Amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyEpcot View Post
I am trying to decide between Amazon (Prime member), Walmart, Staples or Costco. Have seen comments re: Staples & Costco, but what about the others? Thanks!
I would also like to know about amazon. Has anyone tried it?
__________________
DLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:56 PM   #62
HollyEpcot
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 290

We wound up using Costco - they were very cheap- case of 24 1/2 liter bottles of zephyrillis water was about $6, including shipping. I ordered it about 2 weeks in advance (was concerned about possible delay due to Thanksgiving). We also ordered some items from Amazon. Both companies did great - our packages arrived at Disney approx. a week before we did. The only downside - we checked into All-Stars in the afternoon- requested the deliveries at check-in, requested again at night, packages were not delivered to our room until the next morning around 8:30 a.m., which created a (small) delay in our getting to the park.
HollyEpcot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-09-2010, 04:35 PM   #63
addicted2dizney
DIS Veteran
 
addicted2dizney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Warren, NJ
Posts: 1,794

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyEpcot View Post
We wound up using Costco - they were very cheap- case of 24 1/2 liter bottles of zephyrillis water was about $6, including shipping. I ordered it about 2 weeks in advance (was concerned about possible delay due to Thanksgiving). We also ordered some items from Amazon. Both companies did great - our packages arrived at Disney approx. a week before we did. The only downside - we checked into All-Stars in the afternoon- requested the deliveries at check-in, requested again at night, packages were not delivered to our room until the next morning around 8:30 a.m., which created a (small) delay in our getting to the park.
sorry to hear about your delivery trouble. as a future note for upcoming trips, when you stay at the value resorts you are far better off just picking up your packages (water cases) when you check in at the front desk. They are kept in a room just off the front desk area and they just run in and get them for you. Since All stars is not really a "full service" style hotel I think you got lucky getting them before the end of your trip! I've always just picked them up and had no problem. The only resort that had them in the room ready for me was the Poly and they told me they were in the room upon check in. Hope this helps in the future!
addicted2dizney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:42 PM   #64
HollyEpcot
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2dizney View Post
sorry to hear about your delivery trouble. as a future note for upcoming trips, when you stay at the value resorts you are far better off just picking up your packages (water cases) when you check in at the front desk. They are kept in a room just off the front desk area and they just run in and get them for you. Since All stars is not really a "full service" style hotel I think you got lucky getting them before the end of your trip! I've always just picked them up and had no problem. The only resort that had them in the room ready for me was the Poly and they told me they were in the room upon check in. Hope this helps in the future!
Thanks for the heads-up, however, the 1st time I requested the packages was at check-in at the front desk. I was told that they would bring them to the room. Later, after finding out that they were not delivered, I asked if I could just get the packages myself but was told that was not allowed. Perhaps there has been a change in policy?
HollyEpcot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:38 PM   #65
addicted2dizney
DIS Veteran
 
addicted2dizney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Warren, NJ
Posts: 1,794

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyEpcot View Post
Thanks for the heads-up, however, the 1st time I requested the packages was at check-in at the front desk. I was told that they would bring them to the room. Later, after finding out that they were not delivered, I asked if I could just get the packages myself but was told that was not allowed. Perhaps there has been a change in policy?
wow.. that's weird! I've had water delivered from costco 2-3 times a year to a value resort for the last 3 years and never had it delivered to the room. I always just get it at the desk. I read on here my first time that was the way to get it. I guess maybe the CM you got had it mixed up or because there was already a request in for delivery they may have moved the package?
at least you got the water that's the most important thing.
addicted2dizney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:43 PM   #66
HollyEpcot
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2dizney View Post
wow.. that's weird! I've had water delivered from costco 2-3 times a year to a value resort for the last 3 years and never had it delivered to the room. I always just get it at the desk. I read on here my first time that was the way to get it. I guess maybe the CM you got had it mixed up or because there was already a request in for delivery they may have moved the package?
at least you got the water that's the most important thing.
very true- and the costco water is only about $0.25 a bottle- so much cheaper than Disney's bottled water!
HollyEpcot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:11 PM   #67
CrystalCastle
Mouseketeer
 
CrystalCastle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 344

I was thinking about ordering water from Costco for my upcoming trip. I'm coming for the 1/2 and full marathon and will need plenty of water. How do you fill out the shipping address so that the resort knows it's you that ordered it? Also how far in advance did you order your water? I'll be there starting Jan 5th.

Thanks for the help!
CrystalCastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:50 AM   #68
luvdisney00
DIS Veteran
 
luvdisney00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,033

I thought I read somewhere that there was a problem with deliveries to the BC, anyone had water delivered there? We are staying there for the 1st time, but have had water successfully delivered to the Poly in the past. We find that with DDP we need very little extra food, and have thrown out a lot that I thought we would need. Just a thought for anyone who is trying to make a minimum order for GG or WGS.
__________________
DH Me DD18 DD15 DD10

6/90 offsite
6/00 All Star Movies
7/07 Polynesian
9/08 Polynesian
8/10 Port Orleans Riverside
8/11 Beach Club
8/12 Beach Club
8/13 Port Orleans Riverside
luvdisney00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:27 PM   #69
nkereina
Wendy Darling
 
nkereina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Niagara Falls, NY
Posts: 6,515

has anyone tried using Alice.com? It's basically an online grocery store, so there's lots of options for snacks, toiletries and anything else you might want to throw in to save room in your luggage! The site was advertised with good reviews on our local news, haven't tried it yet though!
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:54 PM   #70
nkereina
Wendy Darling
 
nkereina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Niagara Falls, NY
Posts: 6,515

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1tinkfans View Post
we have used staples without issue many times. I actually add in INK for my computer (its VERY safe and shipped in pkg and small ) and then by doing that never had to pay a shipping charge a tip I learned here on Dis. I mean I buy my ink there anyway, so it works for me.
Last year we had snacks delivered from garden grocer and alcohol as well and they messed up but did correct it (though I was inconvenienced a bit
Not sure if I'd use them again actually....
How were you able to purchase alcohol through them? From what I see on the web site it's not listed. I do see it says you can request special request items at checkout but I'm not seeing where you should do that. thanks!
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:07 PM   #71
nrpofp
DIS Veteran
 
nrpofp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: southern california
Posts: 565

I was wondering if you can have alcohol delivered from costco. I'm guessing not because of id issues. Has anybody done this.
nrpofp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:25 AM   #72
nkereina
Wendy Darling
 
nkereina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Niagara Falls, NY
Posts: 6,515

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrpofp View Post
I was wondering if you can have alcohol delivered from costco. I'm guessing not because of id issues. Has anybody done this.

I don't think Costco would deliver it but someone else mentioned Garden Grocer delivered alcohol for them, and they are a local FL grocer who actually delivers what you order, unlike Costco who ships it I believe. Above I asked the person how they got the alcohol from Garden Grocer because you can't add it to your cart on the web site, but they do say you can request special items at check out but I don't see where you can do that.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:13 PM   #73
jeniamt
DIS Veteran
 
jeniamt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Annapolis
Posts: 709

So what is the definitive answer? We arrive at the Poly in 6 days and I really want 2 cases of water there when I arrive. I am so confused! Will Costco deliver? Do I still have time to order? HELP!!!! With Free Dining, I really don't need anything else so I won't get near the minimum order with GG or TD. Plus it seems counterproductive to pay for shipping on such a small order.

Thanks for your advice!
__________________
DH , Me , DD (13) , DS (11) , DD (6) , DS (3)

jeniamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:29 PM   #74
dacky041208
DIS Veteran
 
dacky041208's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 1,917

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeniamt View Post
So what is the definitive answer? We arrive at the Poly in 6 days and I really want 2 cases of water there when I arrive. I am so confused! Will Costco deliver? Do I still have time to order? HELP!!!! With Free Dining, I really don't need anything else so I won't get near the minimum order with GG or TD. Plus it seems counterproductive to pay for shipping on such a small order.

Thanks for your advice!
We've used staples before and been happy, but we had free shipping. Whatever you choose, I would do it very quickly, we always ordered 7-10 days before arrival.
__________________
Expecting Baby Dacky August 2013


-2 weeks at AKL, thanks DVC! 6/19-7/2/2011 Pictures/Video: Part 1 Part 2
-Pixar Weekend at ASMu 5/12-5/16/2011
-First Time during the holidays at PC!! 11/18-11/22/2010
-First DVC Trip to SSR 7/29-8/7/2010
-1st Anniversary Trip at AKL 6/23-6/30/2009
-2 week Disneymoon at CSR 5/28-6/11/2008
dacky041208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:27 AM   #75
chinarider
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,008

Thanks for the info. Looked up garden grocer and min order was $40 and $19 delivery fee ( free delivery if over $200)- exploring other options now. Will check staples and Costco. Pretty much just looking for water because we can pack snacks in our bag ( no charge for 2 suitcases on SW and we know we will need the extra room for stuff on the way back)
chinarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: