Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2010, 01:21 PM   #91
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Poor poor Timmy.......

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:15 PM   #92
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I had such a good laugh at your photo! I love ToT & have ridden it many times. I was afraid the first time that I rode it, but then there was no stopping me. If you go with eyes wide open the view is amazing!

A hungry boy with nothing but sugar & fat to eat is a recipe for angst! Been there, done that & got the shirt!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2010, 03:27 PM   #93
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Thanks, Tammie! Jen is AWESOME- we got along so well, the boys did, too. And of course, Savannah is my favorite dancing partner ever!! I love it when you meet someone on the DIS and it all feels so perfect- that's how it was with Jen & her family- not to mention her hubby, Ron, who is the happiest guy I've ever met- there is ALWAYS a smile on his face!
[/QUOTE]

Aww you are just too sweet, but yeah: the bolded italic part above I think may have been enhanced by the beer always in his hand. I could be wrong tho!~

Quote:
OMG, this is just made of awesome!!!! I showed it to the kids and they cracked up! Timmy looks like he just smelled a dead body and Tyler looks like he is sleeping. Your expression is pretty priceless too!!! And you couldn't have picked more diverse and amusing car mates too-I can see why you couldn't resist buying this one!!!

Quote:
Great job, Mommy! What's for dinner? Chocolate cake with gummy bears at 10 pm???
What? It works for us!!!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:49 PM   #94
dallastxcpa
DIS Veteran

I have to tell you that the black forest ham sandwhich at Starring Rolls is delicious.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:17 PM   #95
ortholablady
DIS Veteran

Great TOT pic! All the different reactions are too funny. Myself, I find screaming my lungs out the whole time very cleansing.
ortholablady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:19 PM   #96
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
that is awesome about the phone charger. thats what makes disney DISNEY!

Cant wait to read more and see how many times yall ride

ohh btw I expect a trip report from your RCCL also!!!
Drea! I mentioned you in my RCCL TR last night - thought I should let you know... It's in my Siggie
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:34 PM   #97
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Yay! You braved TOT!!! It's still not my fav, and I will gladly go along with anyone who wants to bow out Your pic is priceless! I was thinking Timmy looks like he's leaning away because you might lose your breakfast! It is funny how there are so many different expressions on one ride!

Well, remember the Bill Cosby routine - "Dad is great - he gives us chocolate cake!" Insert Mom here... Glad Timmy perked up after he had his nachos!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:11 PM   #98
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Ellen - that ride photo is by far one of the best ever! It really gave me a good laugh and smile tonight. DH had to come out of the bedroom to see what I was laughing about.

Cupcakes for breakfast or lunch while on vacation isn't a bad thing. I mean we all do it, don't we? You were on vacation for goodness sakes. So, you are forgiven. So, you are still in the running for Mom of the Year! Glad Timmy got better after the Nachos.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:12 PM   #99
Mysteria
MINDFREAK!
I'll release my inner felon on his butt if I get soaked by rain and bumped by pushy people
Make wishes on folded up chips

Here comes the poop tag

Location: They couldn't fit chemical and oil refinery state on the license plates

Quote:
Oh NOOOOOOO!!!!! I hate lost camera stories- they make me sick to my stomach- photos are soooooo precious, that is so so sad, Myst! Was someone else taking pictures for you? That's a little easier, if you have someone else's back-up photos.

how was the fireworks cruise?

And your new baby is precious- so tiny!!!
I'm missing the goofy not posed pics I take but thankfully I do have pics from other people.

Fireworks cruise was great. 8 women, a few bottles of wine and a captain willing to play along = priceless. I thought the other captains were going to hop in our boat when we were under the bridge.

Now off to catch up on more of your trip!

eta: Caught up now. That ToT pic is priceless!! I am cracking up! There is your reaction (and the girl behind you) and then I wasn't sure if Timmy wasn't having fun or if his eardrum was being blown out. I am sooo glad you finally made it on though. It's my favorite Disney ride.

Last edited by Mysteria; 12-07-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Mysteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:10 AM   #100
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

OMG LOVE the pic of TOT!! not sure who im laughing at more, the girl behind you, kid in front or your family LOL

oh the meltdown, how i know them well.. my heart goes out to you! Glad he refueled and was back to his usual self!

Dont get the rice crispy treat.. nothing to write home (aka) on the dis about! imo! the cupcakes look much better and i would have so been on that, talk about breakfast of champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Drea! I mentioned you in my RCCL TR last night - thought I should let you know... It's in my Siggie
AHHH i didnt even see your link.. think its time i get checked for glasses LOL

off to check it out now.. wow im mentioned in someone elses trip report and im not even on the cruise with you I feel so honored :*) (tear) lol

LOL still laughing about the TOT pic LOL LOVE IT
Old 12-08-2010, 09:16 AM   #101
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
That is awesome!!! I now know why you bought that photo. Katie's wasn't even that good. Kara Katie was 3. Lol
She was 3???? OMG- I am such a wimp. Excuse me- WAS such a wimp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
You rode ToT!!!!!!!!!! AND you liked it ..... would I have thought something different? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Love your RnR marathon!!! We need to do that one day (when there are less crowds, I guess! )
We did an EE marathon and actually rode it 7 times in 75 minutes! Quite good, isn't it?

And I LOVE YOUR ToT PHOTO ....... a classic!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe Tom should do a christmas calendar with all the fun photos we find here on the DIS!!!
That is AWESOME!!! 7x in 75???? I would LOVE to do that! I have only ever been once when it wasn't too crowded- when Loni & I rode twice in a row at EMH- and then the park closed. I would looooooove to try a marathon on EE next year!!

And I would be honored to be in your fun-photo calendar!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpixie0920 View Post
That picture TOT is the best I have seen! Good luck buying into BWV!!! My fingers are crossed for you.
Thanks and thanks! We signed and are just waiting for the papers to be signed by the seller- then off it goes! Our closing date is Jan 20th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
I'm serious, I think that is the FUNNIEST ride pic I have EVER seen!!!! I can't wait to show it to Ally when she gets home from school. You will never hear the end of it from her!!!!
Go ahead, Ally- lay it on me!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:27 AM   #102
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
This gave me a much needed laugh today, so thank you very much!

Yeah, look at that little kid, like the whole thing is just nothing! He could be taking a walk in the park and pointing out pretty leaves in the trees! And your expression is priceless!

I have never been on ToT either. I think you just convinced me to give it a try.

I haven't been to Starring Rolls Cafe either....Where, exactly have I been?!?!! Why has no one told me about this? I knew people said it was just about the only place to get some sort of fast breakfast at HS, but I just thought it was rolls and croissants or something. No one told me there was chocolate involved!
Always so happy when I can brighten someone's day...even at my own expense, LOL! DEFINITELY give ToT a try- it really, REALLY made me giggle (like a mental patient) and i am so MAD at myself for missing it all these years. It is SOOOOOOOO well themed- maybe better than anything else in the parks, and THAT says aLOT!

ANd definitely chocolate involved at Starring Rolls! I only realized it had all those huge cupcakes and sandwiches just recently reading TRs- It is on my list for lunch next time I'm in DHS, absolutely.

Quote:
Poor poor Timmy.......
HEY! Poor poor US!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I had such a good laugh at your photo! I love ToT & have ridden it many times. I was afraid the first time that I rode it, but then there was no stopping me. If you go with eyes wide open the view is amazing!

A hungry boy with nothing but sugar & fat to eat is a recipe for angst! Been there, done that & got the shirt!
I'm actually wondering if he is hypoglycemic or something- his mood swings and energy level are soooooo drastic when he doesn't have enough of the right food to eat. Something for me to bring up next time we're at the DR.

I'll try to keep my eyes open the whole time next time- I'm not makin' any promises, though!

Aww you are just too sweet, but yeah: the bolded italic part above I think may have been enhanced by the beer always in his hand. I could be wrong tho!~

OMG, this is just made of awesome!!!! I showed it to the kids and they cracked up! Timmy looks like he just smelled a dead body and Tyler looks like he is sleeping. Your expression is pretty priceless too!!! And you couldn't have picked more diverse and amusing car mates too-I can see why you couldn't resist buying this one!!!

What? It works for us!!! [/QUOTE]

Hey! Ron is smilin even without a beer in hand at least one time on the cruise that I can recall- so THERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallastxcpa View Post
I have to tell you that the black forest ham sandwhich at Starring Rolls is delicious.
It does look impressive- like something I could split with someone. I'll have to give it a shot next year-
Old 12-08-2010, 09:50 AM   #103
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortholablady View Post
Great TOT pic! All the different reactions are too funny. Myself, I find screaming my lungs out the whole time very cleansing.
That really made me ! ITA!! Screaming like a lunatic is extremely cathartic!

Quote:
I am LOVIN your TR, Tammie!!!

Quote:
Yay! You braved TOT!!! It's still not my fav, and I will gladly go along with anyone who wants to bow out Your pic is priceless! I was thinking Timmy looks like he's leaning away because you might lose your breakfast! It is funny how there are so many different expressions on one ride!

Well, remember the Bill Cosby routine - "Dad is great - he gives us chocolate cake!" Insert Mom here... Glad Timmy perked up after he had his nachos!
I had no breakfast (on purpose- for MYSELF, anyway) so no chance of Tim catchin it- but I agree, he DOES look like that! And I do remember that from the Cosby Show. So funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Ellen - that ride photo is by far one of the best ever! It really gave me a good laugh and smile tonight. DH had to come out of the bedroom to see what I was laughing about.

Cupcakes for breakfast or lunch while on vacation isn't a bad thing. I mean we all do it, don't we? You were on vacation for goodness sakes. So, you are forgiven. So, you are still in the running for Mom of the Year! Glad Timmy got better after the Nachos.
Glad you found it that funny!! And thanks for forgiving me- but really, I am ok with a cupcake breakfast/lunch on vacation- it's the fact that I KNOW how Timmy gets, and that was all I fed him. It's a proven recipe for disaster at my house- as Pods was happy to remind me when we got back to the room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria View Post
I'm missing the goofy not posed pics I take but thankfully I do have pics from other people.

Fireworks cruise was great. 8 women, a few bottles of wine and a captain willing to play along = priceless. I thought the other captains were going to hop in our boat when we were under the bridge.

Now off to catch up on more of your trip!

eta: Caught up now. That ToT pic is priceless!! I am cracking up! There is your reaction (and the girl behind you) and then I wasn't sure if Timmy wasn't having fun or if his eardrum was being blown out. I am sooo glad you finally made it on though. It's my favorite Disney ride.
Fireworks cruise sounds excellent. So glad you enjoyed yourselves. Now, who all is in that picture?

And I can also see Timmy's ear being blown out as a good explanation! Geez- there are so many ways to look at that photo! I CAN see why that is your fave ride, now, tho- it is excellent all the way around. How's Denny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
OMG LOVE the pic of TOT!! not sure who im laughing at more, the girl behind you, kid in front or your family LOL

oh the meltdown, how i know them well.. my heart goes out to you! Glad he refueled and was back to his usual self!

Dont get the rice crispy treat.. nothing to write home (aka) on the dis about! imo! the cupcakes look much better and i would have so been on that, talk about breakfast of champs!

AHHH i didnt even see your link.. think its time i get checked for glasses LOL

off to check it out now.. wow im mentioned in someone elses trip report and im not even on the cruise with you I feel so honored :*) (tear) lol

LOL still laughing about the TOT pic LOL LOVE IT
Well, if there's anyone who knows about the breakfast of CHAMPS...it's you!! I wouldn't get the RCT for me- they are too sweet for me- more for my kids. But even for them it's no good? Oh well...

And I am SOOOOOOOOOO glad you think the pic is funny!! Thanks for laughing!! It's kind of a nice feeling to know that people all the way across the country...and around the world...are laughing at me! Wait...that doesn't sound right!!
Old 12-08-2010, 10:20 AM   #104
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

I must say I have NEVER been a fan of Starring Rolls. Maybe because we are always at DHS at rope drop, get FPs and then head to Starring Rolls for bfast and the line is out the door. And it's just so congested and not enough tables outside to eat. It makes me cranky...... And it takes a lot to make me cranky at WDW.

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:58 AM   #105
podsnel

Quote:
I must say I have NEVER been a fan of Starring Rolls. Maybe because we are always at DHS at rope drop, get FPs and then head to Starring Rolls for bfast and the line is out the door. And it's just so congested and not enough tables outside to eat. It makes me cranky...... And it takes a lot to make me cranky at WDW.
Well, if you would just starve your family like all the GOOD Moms do, you'd see there is no line for cupcakes later in the day!

My phone died this morning- sorry about that!! TTYS!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: