Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2010, 12:17 AM   #76
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
One of the FREE Trips is an Alaskan Cruise !!!
Yeah!!! It's wonderful!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:21 AM   #77
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info on the MNSSHP! My problem next year is that I will most likely arrive on the Wednesday before Halloween and will have a jet lag. So 6 pm will feel like 12 am for me! I really would like not to go on my first day at WDW... And Halloween itself is on Monday. I thought maybe the weired November 1 party would be better, but even that was sold out this year. I guess I just have to go to a crowded party during the weekend or even on Halloween itself... Well, I still have some time to ponder that!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2010, 07:30 AM   #78
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
OH 9days how glorious!!!! were doing an 8day Carnival. someday a transatlantic. oh to dream... lol
Yea- my "dream" cruise would be through the Panama Canal- I think that would be so cool! But there is no way I can do that now- the kids are too old to take out of school that long, and I can't leave them for 2 weeks- it's just too long.

Quote:
One of the FREE Trips is an Alaskan Cruise !!!
WOW!!!! Is that definite? That is SOOOOO exciting!!! We priced it out for the 4 of us for next summer- it was just too expensive, when we added in airfare. Pods & I decided that will be a cruise without the kids someday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Yeah!!! It's wonderful!
REALLY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Thanks for the info on the MNSSHP! My problem next year is that I will most likely arrive on the Wednesday before Halloween and will have a jet lag. So 6 pm will feel like 12 am for me! I really would like not to go on my first day at WDW... And Halloween itself is on Monday. I thought maybe the weired November 1 party would be better, but even that was sold out this year. I guess I just have to go to a crowded party during the weekend or even on Halloween itself... Well, I still have some time to ponder that!
That's a dilemma- maybe the Friday night party wouldn't be so bad. If there is one.
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:36 AM   #79
podsnel

RnRC Marathon!! And my FIRST ToT Ride is HERE!

Once through the gates, the boys and I made a beeline for RnRC...they were both very envious of the three rides Pods & I had managed to get in in 45 minutes when we were here in September, and they were hoping to beat that record. Well, the park was a bit more crowded today than the night Pods & I had our marathon, but nonetheless, we managed to get in 3 rides in about an hour and a half, I would guess. We also got FPs for later that day. The first ride, we went stand-by and all rode together- in the last car. The last car is CRAZEEEE fun!! Very intense, just like on SM the night before. The boys had the actual back seats, tho- I was next to this nice young man from Wales- who I was happy to meet, as I am a little Welsh myself.

Look at Tyler- always the clown-

The kid from Wales was very impressed- I made him promise me he would be sure to get in the last seat on SM when he went, as he had not been to MK yet.

For rides 2 & 3, we got on the Single Rider line. (Everybody sing Nikki's song- "All the single riders! all the single riders! Ya gotta split UP!") We didn't get split up too badly, we were all on the same limo-

Tyler had gotten the back car AGAIN!!!

Then ride #3-

Tyler's last picture never came up...oh well! At this point, we decided to get off RnRC for a bit- ya see, I had been on enough rollercoaster to feel like I was INVINCIBLE, and I was ready- ready to take the plunge!! My first ride on ToT!!!

I have to say, I was VERY impressed with the themeing (DUH!).

We were in line with two grandparents and their 4 year old grandson- who was riding ToT for the FOURTH time today- they said he just loves it! I said to him, "Well, it's my first time, brave little boy, and i'm a little scared." He looked up at me and didn't speak, but I could tell what he had to say...

"What's WRONG with you, chicken lady?????"

Uh-oh.....we're almost there.....

The verdict? After all this scaredy cat fussing of mine for ALL THESE YEARS, waiting until this very day because I would be with my boys on what I anticipated to be my one and only ever ToT ride....

TWO THUMBS UP!!! WAAAAAAAAAY UP!!! I LOVED it!! The whole T-zone thing was INCREDIBLE- I loved, loved, LOVED the part where the elevator feels like you are floating out into the Twilight Zone. NOW I GET IT!!!! No wonder so many people love to ride! And ya know, I HAD TO buy the picture...and I bet you're going to be glad I did. Because I am soooooo photogenic on ToT that even the people working at the photo desk were impressed by my....expressive outlook on the ride....

Crack me up!! Look at the little 4 year old with the grandparents in front of me- like he's on freakin' Cinderella's Carousel!! Look at Timmy!! He was not that happy we were riding- can you tell? Look at the girl behind me- who's more scared, her or ME???

That was the BEST! Can't wait for our DISmoms ride this May!

Up next....why I will never win Mother of the Year...

Oh! And I wanted to tell you some exciting news....After many, many weeks of relaying DVC resale info and pricing to Pods, I have convinced him to do an add-on!! If all things go well, we will soon be proud BWV owners, as we signed papers to start the process yesterday! Please keep your fingers crossed for us!

Old 12-07-2010, 08:52 AM   #80
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

THAT IS JUST CLASSIC!!!!! And I'll have you know that Ally rode ToT when she was 5 and it's always been her favorite too..... just sayin.....

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:53 AM   #81
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I LOVE the pix of you on ToT!!1They should use it to advertise it !!That little 4 year old is definately NOT afraid and what BRAVE Grandparents !!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:05 AM   #82
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Great decision to buy at the Boardwalk!! Congratulations to the add-on! I hope your process will go fast!

ToT is a great ride, good that you actually enjoyed it! After my first trip I really did not want to go on it again because I was so scared, but the friend I was travelling with really made me go again immediately... Now I love it.

Very funny picture of you, but it is also funny how everyone looks so different in this picture.
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:17 AM   #83
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post

THAT IS JUST CLASSIC!!!!! And I'll have you know that Ally rode ToT when she was 5 and it's always been her favorite too..... just sayin.....
I thought you might like it...and just WHAT are you just sayin???? HMMMMM?????

Quote:
I LOVE the pix of you on ToT!!1They should use it to advertise it !!That little 4 year old is definately NOT afraid and what BRAVE Grandparents !!!!!
Thanks- the thing is, I wasn't trying to take a funny pic- that is TRULY how I felt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Great decision to buy at the Boardwalk!! Congratulations to the add-on! I hope your process will go fast!

ToT is a great ride, good that you actually enjoyed it! After my first trip I really did not want to go on it again because I was so scared, but the friend I was travelling with really made me go again immediately... Now I love it.

Very funny picture of you, but it is also funny how everyone looks so different in this picture.
Congratulations to YOU, too, welcome home, new member!!

I think that's the key to getting over the fear factor- ride twice in a row- which I did not do, I'm sorry to say....but i did do that on RnRC last year and THAT is why I now LOVE that ride!

I agree, everyone does look like they are on a different ride. Here is the redneck pic, so you can see all of them-

In my family alone, Tyler looks like he's watching tv, I look like...well, you know....and Timmy looks like he's waiting to be shot! So funny on that ride!
Old 12-07-2010, 12:13 PM   #84
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

That is awesome!!! I now know why you bought that photo. Katie's wasn't even that good. Kara Katie was 3. Lol

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:27 PM   #85
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

You rode ToT!!!!!!!!!! AND you liked it ..... would I have thought something different? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Love your RnR marathon!!! We need to do that one day (when there are less crowds, I guess! )
We did an EE marathon and actually rode it 7 times in 75 minutes! Quite good, isn't it?

And I LOVE YOUR ToT PHOTO ....... a classic!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe Tom should do a christmas calendar with all the fun photos we find here on the DIS!!!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:35 PM   #86
pinkpixie0920
Mouseketeer

That picture TOT is the best I have seen! Good luck buying into BWV!!! My fingers are crossed for you.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:39 PM   #87
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

I'm serious, I think that is the FUNNIEST ride pic I have EVER seen!!!! I can't wait to show it to Ally when she gets home from school. You will never hear the end of it from her!!!!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:44 PM   #88
podsnel

It was the worst of times....and why I will never win Mom of the Year!

Soo.....Young Mr. Tim was not exactly thrilled with ToT. Now, as I recall, he had his first ride(s) last November when we were here- and when I asked him how it was, he replied, "Piece of cake!" This day, however, he was not recalling those words or that feeling, and he just kept saying, "I hate this ride!" Hmmm....so me, the never-2b Mom of the Year, thought I would take him for a snack- at Starring Rolls, a little venue we have never been to before.

When we entered, the jumbo cookies were the first thing the boys saw- until I said, "Hey- look over here!"

To which Tyler said, "Holy crap!!! Why didn't you ever bring us here before???" It was lunch time, but I said, what the heck- and we three proceeded to have a highly nutritious lunch of sugar and fat. Tim got-

and

Tyler chose a marble cupcake-

And lucky me, I got the last one of these beauties-

It was a Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake. I am not one for sweets- but Chocolate + Peanut Butter???? My most favorite combo on earth.

Next time we really have to try one of those rice krispie treats-

Or maybe even a Sandwich!! I hear that's what some crazy Moms actually feed their offspring for lunch!

We found a ledge outside, and dove right in-

It may not have been the most nutritious lunch, but it was sooooooo goooooood! The only problem? Well.....I later realized that this was all Timmy had eaten all day. See, we had had breakfast ADRs at Kouzzina- which I cancelled when everyone wanted to hit the snooze button that morning. I had assumed that Pods had fed the boys something while I was off on my phone charger quest, but- well, you know what they say about when you assume something... So, young Mr. Tim, who had an ok amount of sleep, was done in by another foe- the lack of food goblin- who stole away my bright and shiny little boy and replaced him with the 11 year old disaster we were currently touring with. Shame on me for remembering all this AFTER I fed him all that sugar (which seems to make it all worse...much, much worse).....

Anyway, although the boys wanted to do TSM, of course the wait was like 2 hours, so not today, fellas. I did want to try WOA with them, and Tyler was excited to do the drawing, but Tim??? Well....he was starting to fade. They did enjoy this part first, though-

They're Woody!

And I am....Tink!

Look- without Tim's influence, Tyler is Captain Hook! Shocker!

It was about 10 minutes to showtime, so we went to line up- it was VERY popular that day, some people had to wait for the next show! While we waited, we guessed at the animated drawings above our heads-

Cont'd next post-

Old 12-07-2010, 01:13 PM   #89
podsnel

Bad Mommy Cont'd

Ugh...he is just too cool...

We found our seats in the back row (Timmy complaining the whole time) and MOST of us were THRILLED to hear...we were going to draw MICKEY MOUSE!!!!! We all started out ok.....

And then...Young Mr. Tim lost it... he couldn't draw it, he hates to draw, he hates the world, why did we bring him here, is it because the world hates him, he's having the worst day ever....fun, fun stuff. Great job, Mommy! What's for dinner? Chocolate cake with gummy bears at 10 pm??? Let's just say....that I did NOT make this mistake again on this trip! Lesson learned...VERY WELL LEARNED!

We finished up-

And mine-

Fortunately we were finished, and got out of there with our drawings (that two of us were very proud of, at least!) and went back to use our FPs at RnRC. Look, Tim! It's Handy Manny!

Young Mr. Tim was not amused. He also told us he did not want to ride RnRC again.

But we pleaded with him, and he gave in-

Well, there was a ride issue, we were delayed getting off, so no photo when we did...Oh well...at least the boys posed for ride #4 outside. Timmy was very happy to do it.

After that, we left DHS- we were heading back to BCV for a bit before spending the rest of our night in EPCOT. Tim really loved the boat ride-

Tyler was being a very good big brother, making every effort to snap Tim out of it. I took some BWV pics- can't wait to stay there in May with the girls!

And then back home.

We made a detour to the Marketplace, to pick up nachos for Timmy- which had him transformed back into the bright and shiny young love he truly is in a matter of minutes. Shame. On. Me. We met Pods up in the room, hung out for a bit- and then...time for Epcot!!

We've got a date in the DITCH!!

Old 12-07-2010, 01:18 PM   #90
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel;
Crack me up!! Look at the little 4 year old with the grandparents in front of me- like he's on freakin' Cinderella's Carousel!! Look at Timmy!! He was not that happy we were riding- can you tell? Look at the girl behind me- who's more scared, her or ME???
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
This gave me a much needed laugh today, so thank you very much!

Yeah, look at that little kid, like the whole thing is just nothing! He could be taking a walk in the park and pointing out pretty leaves in the trees! And your expression is priceless!

I have never been on ToT either. I think you just convinced me to give it a try.

I haven't been to Starring Rolls Cafe either....Where, exactly have I been?!?!! Why has no one told me about this? I knew people said it was just about the only place to get some sort of fast breakfast at HS, but I just thought it was rolls and croissants or something. No one told me there was chocolate involved!

Last edited by JKSWonder; 12-07-2010 at 01:27 PM.
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: