Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2010, 04:47 PM   #241
shushh
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting more great photos. Scifi diner is also on my to-do list. We won't have time unfortunately to do it this time around so very happy to see your photos and your thoughts on it.

You are making the Disney transportation sound like a dream!
May 2011 Hong Kong Disneyland TR
Sep 2011 Salt Lake City, Disneyland TR
Dec 2012 France, Disneyland Paris, Italy, Cruise to the Holy Land
May 2013 Tokyo Disney Sea TR
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Jun 2015 Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise
Old 12-01-2010, 11:06 PM   #242
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by shushh View Post
Thanks for posting more great photos. Scifi diner is also on my to-do list. We won't have time unfortunately to do it this time around so very happy to see your photos and your thoughts on it.

You are making the Disney transportation sound like a dream!
Disney transport was a dream for this trip! But then I was only there for 3 days; and I only used it mostly at peak period where the service is pretty regular.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2010, 11:13 PM   #243
PrincessInOz
in

MK Again: Update 1 – The Plan and the Reality

The Plan

Tue 26th: Go with the Wind day

The only not-plans I have for the day is dinner at Liberty Tree with Firefly and LuvChef Mic and attending MNSSHP again.

Tuesday night is the convention dinner (for DH); so he will definitely NOT be going to Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner with us; but the schedule seems to indicate that he could be finished by about 7.30 pm.
I also purchase a MNSSHP ticket for Tuesday 26th October (standard retail price) for DH and he's now all set for park entry.

The Reality

I waited at the bus stop for a MK bus to come along. I think this is the longest I ever waited…15 minutes! But still pretty good by way of Disney Transport standards.

I got to MK shortly after 4 pm and the boards were already out for MNSSHP. After bag check, I headed across to the right hand side of the entry and got my wrist tagged for the night.

I hung around the entrance to take some photographs..

I took some time to take some pictures of the pumpkins…In particular, the ones at Tony’s.

LuvChefMic loves Lady and the Tramp; so I thought I’d get the set to let her know that I was thinking of her. Given the way the week had turned out, I was not expecting to see her tonight.

I then took a slow walk down Main Street and saw these CM. They were farewell-ing the day visitors who hadn’t bought tickets for the Party. I loved their costumes; and took a shot of them.

One of them noticed me, and they graciously posed for this photo.

And then turned their signs round for the reverse view.

And then swapped signs for the right message…it took them a while to realise that they had them round the wrong way.

For me, this was such a classic Disney moment and I just love my third photograph in the series.

I didn’t really have a destination in mind and so I just wandered down Main Street taking random photos.

I also grabbed a few of the castle.

When I got to the hub, I sent Firefly a text to let her know that I was in the Park.

I kinda knew where Liberty Tree was but wanted to know the exact location; so I headed over to Liberty Square.

And easily found the exact spot for the restaurant.

I decided that I should head towards Adventure Land.

I toyed with the idea of getting in the Tiki Room; but something else caught my fancy instead…

Up Next: Pirate time!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 12-02-2010, 03:03 PM   #244
shushh
DIS Veteran

I love the pumpkin shots and I especially loved the shot of the lamppost close up with the castle in the background. Gorgeous!
May 2011 Hong Kong Disneyland TR
Sep 2011 Salt Lake City, Disneyland TR
Dec 2012 France, Disneyland Paris, Italy, Cruise to the Holy Land
May 2013 Tokyo Disney Sea TR
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Jun 2015 Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise
Old 12-03-2010, 03:38 AM   #245
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by shushh View Post
I love the pumpkin shots and I especially loved the shot of the lamppost close up with the castle in the background. Gorgeous!
Thank you.

I'm looking forward to seeing your Christmas shots.

Old 12-03-2010, 03:42 AM   #246
PrincessInOz
in

MK Again: Update 2 – Yo Ho Ho Prime Time…A Pirate’s Shot for Me.

I’d decided to put the Prime lens back on and thought that it was time to check out another dark, no flash ride.

Yup. Time to go hang out in Davy Jones’ locker.

The ride was walk-on and there was no queue. So, I headed in the building and started to take some shots of the inside theming…

…when I got a text from Firefly. I told her I where I was and we arranged to meet outside.

I was turning that Prime lens into a new BFF…

I tried to snap a shot of Davy Jones

Hideous, isn’t it? I need to work on this shot.

But some of the other shots worked.

And some just didn’t.

When I got out, Firefly was waiting for me. She had this to give me…and it glowed really well for the night.

Then it was time for our ADR.....

Up Next: Liberty Tree Tavern

Old 12-04-2010, 04:30 PM   #247
PrincessInOz
in

MK Again: Update 3 – Liberty Tree Tavern

I’d just finished riding Pirates of the Caribbean and Firefly was waiting outside the ride for me. It was getting close to the time of our ADR; so we decided to walk back towards Liberty Square.

It was still pretty hot and humid, so Firefly took a short cut through one of the air-conditioned shops in AdventureLand.

“Oooh. Can I stop to take a photograph?”

This time, both of us stopped to take a shot of Figment.

We arrived at Liberty Tree Tavern in good time.

Both of us had figured that we were unlikely to see LuvChefMic; but we waited until the allocated time before heading inside to check ourselves in. Sadly, she did not show up.

Firefly got handed a buzzer and we settled in to wait for it to go off. The waiting room was busy, so we figured we were in for a long wait. To our surprised, the buzzer went off within 5 minutes; not too bad a wait.

We got taken to our table and our server explained how the meal was going to unfold. She also took our drinks order and returned with our goodies!
We were seated in this area and this was my view for the night.

Our dinner menu.

We started with the bread rolls – warm from the oven. Just how I love them!

And the Declaration Salad…I loved the salad; but Firefly wasn't too enamoured with the dressing.

I bet mini Pooh and mini Eeyore were jealous that we could eat!

The meats for our Patriot’s Platter – Roast Turkey and Beef on this side were delicious.

And the other side of the plate with the Smoked Ham. I didn't care much for the smoked ham.

Light as a feather Mashed Potatoes. Another yummy hit!

The seasonal greens; a touch over cooked for my tastes but still good.

The Herb Bread stuffing, which was only adequate.

Mac and Cheese – in my opinion – a stand out!

And surprisingly gloopy glugy gravy. Just too dense and heavy. And it progressively resembled dry cement as it cooled.

Our Dessert was Apple Crisp. The Apple tasted like it was straight out of a tin...

But I think you’ll work out what I thought of the dessert; it was incredibly delicious!

I pretty much rolled down the stairs and out of the Tavern after dinner.

All the way back to Adventure Land.

Up Next - This is NOT Animal Kingdom

Old 12-04-2010, 06:34 PM   #248
Jade+3
DIS Veteran

Your post is timely, as I am trying to pick 13 TS meals, and Liberty Tree is the current one I am considering - and based on your photos I actually think I could find something that all 3 of my kids will eat.

Just a question, do the vegetables have butter on them? I am the fussy one with my vegies as I hate melted butter.
Carnival Imagination - September 2011
Freedom of the Seas - September 2013
Old 12-04-2010, 06:58 PM   #249
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade+3 View Post
Your post is timely, as I am trying to pick 13 TS meals, and Liberty Tree is the current one I am considering - and based on your photos I actually think I could find something that all 3 of my kids will eat.

Just a question, do the vegetables have butter on them? I am the fussy one with my vegies as I hate melted butter.
Jade - if there was butter on the vegies, I either don't remember or couldn't taste it. I'm pretty sure that they were boiled, and might have had a little bit of oil in the water to keep them "green".

Glad the post helps!

Old 12-04-2010, 10:01 PM   #250
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

I don't think there was butter on the veggies... Probably just a bit of oil from the steaming

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DBF
Old 12-04-2010, 10:42 PM   #251
Jade+3
DIS Veteran

Thank you both for your replies. I have this weird thing about melted butter. I can't even bake anything that requires it.
Carnival Imagination - September 2011
Freedom of the Seas - September 2013
Old 12-05-2010, 07:08 PM   #252
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Nice update! (Of course, because it was all about food!) I LOVE Mac-n-Cheese, funny thing is I had it scheduled for dinner, and I didn't feel like it tonight!

Fran is at the store organsing something else!
Alison ~~~~ I do get to go to WDW this year! | Our Disney Dream Home| Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR |It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
Old 12-06-2010, 12:46 AM   #253
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Nice update! (Of course, because it was all about food!) I LOVE Mac-n-Cheese, funny thing is I had it scheduled for dinner, and I didn't feel like it tonight!

Fran is at the store organsing something else!
Hope you enjoyed your dinner...whatever you ended up with!

Old 12-06-2010, 12:53 AM   #254
PrincessInOz
in

MK Again: Update 4 – This is not Animal Kingdom

Firefly and I had just eaten the most enormous meal at Liberty Tree Tavern. We figured it was time for a more sedate ride and the Jungle Cruise fitted the bill to the 'T':
  • It was close to LTT, where I rolled out the door
  • It had neither major drops nor sharp turns; and
  • We needed a dose of corny humour.
The other bonus for me was that this was probably as close to Animal Kingdom as I was going to get on this visit (sorry – the corny humour rubs off!)

Our tour guide. “I get paid for the number of people I take out... not the number I bring back!”

Pictures from our cruise. I figured we must be in Africa.

The monkeys were pretty smart. I think someone asked them to name one of their relatives, which is why they were going ape!
"Why did the ape get a job? He was tired of monkeying around."

Somehow, I think the apes and monkeys at AK are better behaved than this.

And the African Elephant..
“Do you know how you can tell that that's an African elephant? It's because we're in Africa”
“See that elephant right there, that's the richest elephant in the whole jungle. Yeah - it's 'Donald Trunk'.”

“We're about to enter the Africa veldt, an immense grassland home to an endless variety of wildlife- baboons, wildebeests, giraffes, gazelles, gnus, g-lions, g-zebras.”

“There's that lost safari we've been looking for. Obviously mixed up in some kind of native uprising. That rhino seems to be getting his point across, and I'm sure that guy on the bottom will get the point in the end!"

Hey - Maybe these are them pesky poachers that keep interrupting the 2-week safari at AK!

I’d forgotten that there was an Asian section at the not AK in the World.

“As we leave the last outpost of civilization, we travel deep into the mouth of the Irrawaddy river of Asia into a tropical rain forests, where it rains some 365 days a year.”

We headed into a dark temple…I'm pretty sure Animal Kingdom doesn't have that many dark temples....

And came out to the Elephant pool.

“And look at all the elephants out here today! This comes as a complete surprise to me cause I had no idea these guys were going to be here. If you want to take pictures go ahead- all the elephants have their trunks on.”

“And now, probably the most dangerous part of our journey- the return to civilization! I certainly hope you've enjoyed our cruise. However, if your in-laws are still with you, you've missed a golden opportunity. However, bring them back later tonight for our "in-law" special... halfway for half fare, no questions asked.”

We were pretty much herded off (I did say the corny humour rubs off).

We were near the Magic Carpet at this stage and there was a very short queue. I’m not sure Firefly wanted to get on this ride; but I figured that there was no way I was queuing for Dumbo so this would have to substitute this trip. Plus, I had not yet been on this ride at WDW and wanted to tick it off my NOT list.

We waited and got allocated to position 13 – just perfect for Halloween!

And then we were off and away.

And looking down at Agrabah!

And all too soon, we were drifting back down to earth.

Funny – I’m sure that this is not Animal Kingdom either!

Up next: Once is NOT enough and Once is DEFINITELY enough!

Old 12-06-2010, 02:59 AM   #255
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

We ended up with a wondrful beef stew and slices of buttered bread. A wonderful American dinner, well as far as I'm concerned!
Alison ~~~~ I do get to go to WDW this year! | Our Disney Dream Home| Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR |It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: