Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2010, 03:06 PM   #151
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

I LOVED that Brendan & Savannah were a part of our family in that pic!! I always wanted more kids!!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:42 PM   #152
pegthelawyer
Earning My Ears

My family in your pictures!

We were right behind you in the last picture from the Muster Drill in Animator's Palate. My husband's bald head and daughters (one in the glasses) are at the table just beyond you!
Thanks for the great job on the lanyards and also for enlarging the name tags so we could make our bright orange shirts.

Enjoying your report!

Peggy

pegthelawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2010, 06:29 PM   #153
knewton64
If it is "5 o'clock somewhere," does that mean it can be 5 o'clock anywhere and all the time?

Smile Ok.....

I think I am experiencing either a case of Disney sickness or am extremely homesick for DCL!.

Love the pics, and those t-shirts and landyards!

Ya were a well organized bunch! I tip my hat in your direction

getting caught up again on yer tr!

Lovin every minute of it.

T.T.F.N.
My "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE N KEY WEST, COZUMEL & G CAYMAN DCL TRIP REPORT; JAN'12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N NEW YORK CITY" TRIP REPORT; SEPT '12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL, ROSE BOWL PARADE & COASTAL CALIFORNIA" TRIP REPORT (w/pics & video)- DEC '13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N ENGLAND, SCOTLAND & WALES" TRIP REPORT - August '14 (w/pics & video)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040
MY "ADVENTURES N DISNEYLAND, CATALINA ISLAND & OTHER ASSORTED SO CAL STUFF" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT; CHRISTMAS / NYE 2014
MY "ADVENTURES N WALT DISNEY WORLD & NASSAU BAHAMAS OVeR CHRISTMAS /NYE 2015" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT
knewton64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:42 PM   #154
myelton01
Mouseketeer

I wouldn't do the SPAM either!!! But the pop tarts I could do for a few days.

Loved the update! The lanyards are awesome! Great Job!!! The group pic turned out great as well. Can't wait to finally hear what "Bom Bom Bom Bom Bom Boooooom!*" means!
Old 12-05-2010, 08:26 PM   #155
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

I loved my lanyard! I wore it all week and carried all of our cards in it.

My son is in the upper left of your first posted Dis-meet photo, chatting with my DH and showing off his lanyard!
Old 12-06-2010, 12:58 AM   #156
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

DOTD LOVE IT!

You did a great job on the lanyards also!

Ohhh hands that reminds me i need to get a pair to say fairwell to Tonya when she leaves out of Cali on the wonder.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:58 PM   #157
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBeBop View Post
LOVE the group picture!! What a wonderfully LARGE group!! And your lanyards are amazing!! You did a great job!
Thank you so much!!! This was a fantastic group!!!! Couldn't have asked for better folks! But then I've found the Dis is full of them!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
I LOVED that Brendan & Savannah were a part of our family in that pic!! I always wanted more kids!!
Oh totally!!! Well they're yours just say the word. Any.Time.You.Want.Them! LOL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegthelawyer View Post
We were right behind you in the last picture from the Muster Drill in Animator's Palate. My husband's bald head and daughters (one in the glasses) are at the table just beyond you!
Thanks for the great job on the lanyards and also for enlarging the name tags so we could make our bright orange shirts.

Enjoying your report!

Peggy
Hi Peggy!!
It was my pleasure to make the graphic for you, the shirts came out so awesome!!!

It's so cool, there are folks from our group in ao many of my pics. I just love that!!!

Thanks for stopping by!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knewton64 View Post
I think I am experiencing either a case of Disney sickness or am extremely homesick for DCL!.

Love the pics, and those t-shirts and landyards!

Ya were a well organized bunch! I tip my hat in your direction

getting caught up again on yer tr!

Lovin every minute of it.

T.T.F.N.
Aw, thanks Kris! Yes it was so well organized and the best part was so many were so willing to step up with a helping hand, or ideas, or donations, you name it, if it was needed someone was there to provide. It really made everything on the cruise we planned so seamless and fun!

But this is the next best thing to being there, I'm trying to make it as detailed as possible so you can live it through us!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myelton01 View Post
I wouldn't do the SPAM either!!! But the pop tarts I could do for a few days.

Loved the update! The lanyards are awesome! Great Job!!! The group pic turned out great as well. Can't wait to finally hear what "Bom Bom Bom Bom Bom Boooooom!*" means!
Thanks so much!!! The lanyards were a lot of work, but a labor of love for sure! They were so useful, and they looked kinda cool too, if I do say so myself!

Yes, you will finally finds out about the mystery title shortly. Unfortunately I am going to have to do a bit more explaining than I thought I would. I *thought* I had a video that would explain it all but it turns out I don't.

In fact there are quite a few pictures and videos I was sure I took, but somehow don't have. I think I must have a faulty memory card or something. As I go through the TR I am finding more and more stuff missing that
I know I took pictures of (all of our food the first night for instance!!! GONE!)

I do hope it is just the memory card and not the camera. A new one isn't really in the budget right now (at least not the new one I want..LOL..... ..and this is how Ron feels about THAT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
I loved my lanyard! I wore it all week and carried all of our cards in it.
Oh I'm so glad you liked it!!!!

Quote:
My son is in the upper left of your first posted Dis-meet photo, chatting with my DH and showing off his lanyard!
Yeah Ron took those while I was still passing out the lanyards. I was hopeful that more people would actually be looking at the camera but that's OK!!=

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
DOTD LOVE IT!
First of a few too many that day LOL!

Quote:
You did a great job on the lanyards also!
Thanks! I didn't like them quite as much as the ones from the DDD- mainly I didn't like that the tags were one sided (but to do double sided would have cost another $130 in ink alone) and I didn't like how the inserts were too short for the tags. Long story on that one. But I am my harshest critic for sure, and I did not hear any negative comments onboard or afterwards so I'll call them a successful venture!

Quote:
Ohhh hands that reminds me i need to get a pair to say fairwell to Tonya when she leaves out of Cali on the wonder.
Oh yeah! That's soon!!! I remember when the thought of the Wonder going to the West Coast was so far away!!!!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:30 PM   #158
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Lanyards = Fantastic!
Group photo = Impressively perfect!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Jennifer48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:39 PM   #159
nenner1

Bom Bom Bom Bom Bom Bom Boooooooomm!

As soon as we got back from the Muster drill, we got rid of our lifejackets, donned our big fat Mickey gloves, grabbed our drink glasses and headed up to Deck 9 for the Sailaway Party- Adventures Away!

It always seems we arrive late to this party, even though we always hightail it upstairs. Turns out this time that the extra few minutes we got from the early dismissal at the drill did make a big difference. The area right in front of the stage was already full of course, but the outlying edges were still sparsely populated.

By far the emptiest we’ve ever encountered upon arrival:

We positioned ourselves about 2 rows back on the Port (lefthand) side of the stage. I noticed the small gazebo areas to the sides of the stage appeared to be roped off, but they were empty. I had read this was a great spot to see the characters from, and hopped right up to be the first in there. AS soon as I did so, many other folks followed suit, but the kids were very happy being in the midst of things down by the stage, so I decided to go back down and join them. (I would have gotten MUCH better pictures had I stayed up there, but I wanted to enjoy it with the rest of the family. )

But man, did it fill up REALLY fast!!!! I could not believe how full the deck got, it was crazy! It seemed like every single person onboard was crammed in this space!!

If you have not experienced a sailway party on DCL yet, there is lots of music, energetic dancing, shiny streamers, and an appearance by Mickey and the gang!

Enjoying the party :

Enjoying DOTD #2. Not sure what this one was, but it was good!

A quick pan of the crowd before it got really crazy, (Video: click to play)

Before we knew it, Cruise Director Brent had come out to introduce himself, welcome us aboard, and annpounce the beginning of our voyage!

Oh yeah, and he brought a few friends!!

It was at this point, the spirited countdown from 10 began, followed by screams, yells, cheers, streamers, confetti, and of course, the serenade of the ship’s horn bellowing the first seven notes of the tune When You Wish Upon A Star. Or as it sounds in actuality: “Bom Bom Bom Bom Bom Bom Booooooooommmm!”

(The story behind the story here is in preparation for the cruise Savannah and Sarah would sit on the computer for hours, watching DCL sailaway videos posted on youtube. So anytime Sarah saw anything Disney related, Mickey, or a cruise sip or anything else she would scream at the top her lungs “Bom Bom Bom Bom Bom Bom Boooooommmmmm!” It is so cute, and she kept it up all cruise long, endearing herself to and warming the hearts of cruisers and staff alike.

I did take video (or at least I thought I did, it never showed up on my memory card) of the countdown and horn blow, and it was the most exciting one to date, for me. There seemed to be so much energy and excitement everywhere, it was contagious!

After that, the party began to dissipate as the Magic made her way down the channel and out to sea!

The crowd is still huge even after the party is over!

Here we go! Farewell Florida (for today, we’ll see you again tomorrow!)

Up Next: A Magical Quest

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
Old 12-09-2010, 05:44 PM   #160
nenner1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
Lanyards = Fantastic!
Group photo = Impressively perfect!
Thanks so much!!!!

Old 12-09-2010, 06:37 PM   #161
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

It sounds like so much fun!!! I LOVE that Sailaway party! It's like a GIANT pep rally for the cruise- really gets you PUMPED for vacation! What was it you said???

" It seemed like every single person onboard was crammed in this space!!"

Ummm....not quite...
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:48 PM   #162
nenner1

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post

" It seemed like every single person onboard was crammed in this space!!"

Ummm....not quite...
Oh I know I wrote that part with you guys in mind, but I won't spoil your story!!!!

Old 12-09-2010, 10:06 PM   #163
livingis2me
DIS Veteran

I don't think Sarah ever realized she was on the ship because every time we'd get off in a port she's see the ship get excited and do the "bom bom bom bom bom bom bom!" It was so cute.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:28 AM   #164
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
Enjoying DOTD #2. Not sure what this one was, but it was good!

LOVE'n it Loven it!

Quote:
It was at this point, the spirited countdown from 10 began, followed by screams, yells, cheers, streamers, confetti, and of course, the serenade of the ship’s horn bellowing the first seven notes of the tune When You Wish Upon A Star. Or as it sounds in actuality: “Bom Bom Bom Bom Bom Bom Booooooooommmm!”
AHH DISNEY does a sailaway like no other.. at least no other that ive experienced yet LOL

Quote:
The story behind the story here is in preparation for the cruise Savannah and Sarah would sit on the computer for hours, watching DCL sailaway videos posted on youtube. So anytime Sarah saw anything Disney related, Mickey, or a cruise sip or anything else she would scream at the top her lungs “Bom Bom Bom Bom Bom Bom Boooooommmmmm!” It is so cute, and she kept it up all cruise long, endearing herself to and warming the hearts of cruisers and staff alike.
Please tell me you have Sarah on video doing it!!!

Quote:
Do I wanna know why some dude behind Sarah has a PINK BOA on LMAO
Old 12-10-2010, 08:12 AM   #165
myelton01
Mouseketeer

I don't think I'm getting the camera I want either!! I'm hoping that it's just the memory card, for your sake.

I think that is awesome how she would sing that! I think closer to time I might want to have DS watch the videos, he's not a fan of super loud noises... Looks like your family had a blast at Sail Away though!

Thanks for the update! Can't wait for more...

Tags
cruise, dcl, halloween, magic, trip report

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: