Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2010, 04:39 PM   #1
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Sleepingbooty's Trip Planner Designs - currently on hiatus

Hi All! First, I guess I should introduce myself, since although I'm not new to the DIS, this is my first time posting on the Creative DISigns forum.

I really want to thank all you DISigners out there, you've really inspired me! I've been making trip planners for my clients for a while, but there were fairly utilitarian. I was more concerned about the information included than the overall design. Then I found this forum when I was looking for some scrapbooking ideas. I was amazed at all the great ideas here, and the wonderful tips on the FAQ page! I decided that I would attempt to upgrade my planners to make them more unique and special. This has become such a fun project - I think I have become addicted!

Anyway, I decided on the square format when I found some ring bound chipboard sets at Archiver's. The first planners, I decoupaged the covers onto the chipboard. Its pretty labor intensive and the mod-podge sometimes makes the paper bubble, so I'm thinking I might start just laminating the covers like I do the section dividers and then having the whole thing spiral bound at Kinkos. I asked and they'll do any size for $5. If I do that, I don't know how I'll attach the ribbon, so that may have to go (unless anyone has an idea!)

Here is a picture of one I just did for a Christmas trip:

First section:

Here are some of the section dividers. I laminate these for durability:

Here are some more section dividers and some pages:

Here are some more of the pages:

I'll post some different styles in the next post. I can post additional inside pages if there is an interest. I'd be happy to customize anything. If you have a special request, I'll give it a shot. I'm still learning most of this stuff, but I'd be happy to try.

Last edited by Sleepingbooty; 06-02-2011 at 06:29 PM.
Sleepingbooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 04:44 PM   #2
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Here are some other styles I've done. I'd be happy to customize them if anyone is interested.

Classic red, black, and yellow cover:

Christmas cover:

Bold color cover:

Peter Pan cover:

Retro Mickey cover:

Rectangular covers - post 17

Princess Half Marathon design

Princess Half Marathon Tee shirt design

Animal Kingdom themed Family Fun 5k shirt design Version 2

Last edited by Sleepingbooty; 03-28-2011 at 10:53 AM.
Sleepingbooty is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2010, 09:46 PM   #3
bababear_50
Does amazing things with teeth and string!
Song writer extraordiaire

Hi Rebecca and WELCOME!!!

Your DISigns are great Hon.
Welcome aboard!
Hugs Mel

bababear_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:12 AM   #4
jbmckenzie
Mouseketeer

I love your trip planner designs! Could you please personalize the classic red, black and yellow cover with The McKenzie's and no year? Also, any dividers that you can post would be wonderful. We are going around Halloween time, so unfortunately the Christmas designs won't work for our trip. Thank you for sharing your talent!
jbmckenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:37 AM   #5
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababear_50 View Post
Hi Rebecca and WELCOME!!!

Your DISigns are great Hon.
Welcome aboard!
Hugs Mel

Thanks Mel! And thanks for the warm welcome
Old 12-05-2010, 10:39 AM   #6
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmckenzie View Post
I love your trip planner designs! Could you please personalize the classic red, black and yellow cover with The McKenzie's and no year? Also, any dividers that you can post would be wonderful. We are going around Halloween time, so unfortunately the Christmas designs won't work for our trip. Thank you for sharing your talent!
No problem! I pm'd you......
Old 12-05-2010, 11:07 AM   #7
jbmckenzie
Mouseketeer

Hey Rebecca, I hate to bother you but I didn't get you PM. Could you please resend? Thanks, Becky (I'm A Rebecca Too)
jbmckenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:53 AM   #8
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Sure, Becky - I just re-sent it. Let me know if you got it!
Old 12-05-2010, 12:20 PM   #9
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Becky, here is a classic red, black, and yellow; and I did a Halloween theme in case you want to go that route. Let me know if either of them work and I can email a full size file.

Old 12-05-2010, 01:42 PM   #10
dtsz
Mouseketeer

Hi Rebecca!

These are very cool!
Could you please personalize the Christmas cover with The Dangerfield Family, please?

Also, I really like your inserts as well. How do I go about saving these as a bigger size?

Thank you so much!!

Dawn
Old 12-05-2010, 02:18 PM   #11
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Hi Dawn, If you want to pm me your email address, I can send you full size versions. I'm trying not to slow up the thread by adding a bunch of huge files.

Let me know which section dividers you want and if you want the titles changed in anyway and I'll send those as well.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:42 PM   #12
M_I_C_K_E_Y
It Was All Started by a Mouse

Rebecca,

They all look fabulous! I can see that you will be kept busy around here. Welcome to the addiction and our very friendly corner of the boards.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:38 PM   #13
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Great work. I'm a huge fan of planners and I have 8.5x11 pages and 4x6 pages that I share with others. I'm curious, what job do you do that you make trip planners for your clients? I know they must love working with you, as your planners are wonderful! Personalizing them for your clients is really going above and beyond.

My DISigns are not to be used for profit or gain in any way. I post them for others personal use only so they can be used for family and friends to make trips, parties and daily life more special.
jtanddolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:43 AM   #14
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_I_C_K_E_Y View Post
Rebecca,

They all look fabulous! I can see that you will be kept busy around here. Welcome to the addiction and our very friendly corner of the boards.
Thank you Amy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtanddolly View Post
Great work. I'm a huge fan of planners and I have 8.5x11 pages and 4x6 pages that I share with others. I'm curious, what job do you do that you make trip planners for your clients? I know they must love working with you, as your planners are wonderful! Personalizing them for your clients is really going above and beyond.
Thanks Dolly! Before I started doing the square ones, I was actually making my planners in a 4 x 6 format as well. In my first versions, I used those 99 cent plastic photo brag books to hold the pages, and I just took out the front and back cover and added my own personalized covers. It worked well because they were pocket sized and I figured the plastic sleeves would protect the pages pretty well. The only problem is you are limited in the amount of pages you can use since they only have 18 pockets.

I am a travel agent, so those are the clients I was referring to - but in my previous life (before kids!) I was an art teacher. So my creative urge is still always itching to come out. I think if I were an accountant, I'd probably be decoupaging my file boxes or something!
Old 12-06-2010, 02:37 PM   #15
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

If I ever need a travel agent...I'm contacting you! You really go above and beyond for your clients!

I use a regular binder with 8.5x11 pages for the actual planning, then I have a 4x6 for the trip so that I can throw it in a backpack or purse.

For the 4x6, I use cardstock to make mine and either use chip board or laminate the front and back page, then I laminate the section dividiers, and have everything spiral bound. Here is a link to one that I fell in love with and decided to make something similar:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2254306

I also made pages like Natalie's (Donatalie) for photo pass information and daily planning pages like Kathy's (Mickeysbestgirl)

I have sections for:
Travel - Packing List/Car/Flight/Hotel Information
Financial - Pre and Post Budget
Park Planning Pages
Special Events - i.e. Bibbity Boppity Boo Makeover, etc.
Photo Pass
Journal - Daily Favorites/Daily Highlights
Miscellaneous - Post card list, shopping/gift list

My DISigns are not to be used for profit or gain in any way. I post them for others personal use only so they can be used for family and friends to make trips, parties and daily life more special.
jtanddolly is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: