Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2010, 06:40 PM   #16
tjbaggott
DIS Veteran

WOW Ellen, I'm intriged and can't wait to read more and see more!!! You took some great parade photos. Can I ask you a favour? Can you email some of those parade photos? We went to MNSSHP last year but from where I was standing, everytime I went to take a picture, this guy beside would get in the way, so I don't have any really great shots. I'm working on last years Land Sea Vacation scrap book as well as this years cruise one. And congrats on FINISHING your last TR!! Mine is still not done from last year, and at this point, I think it's hopeless! But now that I know you did, maybe it's not so hopeless afterall!
It was Great cruising with you all and thanks so much for sending the Palo Brunch photo!!

OH YAYYYYY, I get 1st spot on page two!
Old 12-01-2010, 06:59 PM   #17
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Ellen, I'm loving your pictures and your trip report too! Keep them coming. And I do hope you have a picture of your lovely hat that you wore to the Palo dinner!!!!

Beth
tinkerbelltwins is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2010, 07:35 PM   #18
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
I am loving reading all of these. Even though I was there myself, it is great re-living it through all of you. It also gives me a chance to share in some of the stuff I might have missed doing myself!
Thanks! I love reading them, too- I think you are absolutely right, it gives us a chance to share in what we missed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallastxcpa View Post
Yeah!!!! Another great trip report!
Well, we'll see....I certainly hope so!! Thanks, Lorrie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Yay! This is one TR that I wanted to see. I want to learn about a Disney cruise. Loved your Smoky Mountain pictures. Gatlinburg was a lot better 15 years ago, we've been going there since 1967!
It was very pretty in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge- the mountains everywhere were gorgeous! I really was hoping to see a bear- but, I guess since I BARELY got out of the kitchen, that made it a little difficult (fortunately)!! DCL is excellent- I hope you like learning about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post

Pods looks like he either has A) very bad gas or B) a sudden urge to do the cha cha slide....... And Timmy? Is it true he really walks on water????

I am SOOOO ready for this TR!!!!! Rock on wit your bad self!
How did you know? Pods had very bad gas WHILE he was doing the chacha slide- he was positively exploding with every dance step!

Sure- Timmy walks on water. Now everyone knows. Life will never be the same. Thanks a LOT, Miss Kara!

You still have your cruise booked, right? You are taking my young friend Ally before you have any more talks, right????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I can't believe that I finally made page one .

That food looked great & that room was one of nicest that I've seen so far.
Congratulations!!! I never make page 1. I always seem to be tardy to the party....

And BCV is really nice- we're planning to go back next November- I book it in 7 days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
well that explains the facial hair......i loved the fu manchu on timmy. He was rocking it well and yes those were the best costumes evahhhhh!
And here I was blaming it on our obvious Greek/Italian/Arabian heritage....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
Yaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!!!

That's all I have to say now, I haven't read yet!!!!! Back with comments later!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
Oh you got GREAT pics from over there! (saved them all hope you don't mind!!!) We got stuck pretty much dead center in the hub and we must have straight up passed you, cause as soon as we could move we went straight to the rose garden. It did take a few minutes to get over there though. And no 'staches in sight. LOL!

What a shame, we would have had a blast together!!!

BCV is gorgeous and CMC looks really good too. We always look in there on our way to B&C and it has never excited us much, but looking at that fantastic food pr0n, I might have changed my mind! Yum!

What a fantastic start, you've been busy girl! More please!
Yayyyyyy!!!! I'm so happy you're here!!! Yea- I wore that mustache the WHOLE TIME I WAS ALONE!! What an IDIOT I looked like! It's one thing to be in a group wearing 'staches....it's a whole different vibe being a 47 year old woman by herself sportin a "stache!

And yea- i've been busy- I felt very motivated today (and yesterday) puttin' all this up!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:44 PM   #19
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

I'm early for a change!

Your photos of my most favorite fireworks display and parade are the best I've seen in a long, long time. All I could think when I saw the fireworks is "This is Halloween, This is Halloween, Halloween, Halloween your most favorite time of year"! I felt like I was there again.

Can't wait to see your next update!
Old 12-01-2010, 07:45 PM   #20
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbaggott View Post
WOW Ellen, I'm intriged and can't wait to read more and see more!!! You took some great parade photos. Can I ask you a favour? Can you email some of those parade photos? We went to MNSSHP last year but from where I was standing, everytime I went to take a picture, this guy beside would get in the way, so I don't have any really great shots. I'm working on last years Land Sea Vacation scrap book as well as this years cruise one. And congrats on FINISHING your last TR!! Mine is still not done from last year, and at this point, I think it's hopeless! But now that I know you did, maybe it's not so hopeless afterall!
It was Great cruising with you all and thanks so much for sending the Palo Brunch photo!!

OH YAYYYYY, I get 1st spot on page two!
Hi Judy!!! Yay- another cruise buddy! I would be happy to send you any pics you want- just let me know which ones. I had an excellent spot- at the beginning of the parade route, right next to SM- I can't believe I finally got a shot of that headless horseman!! But I think he was going a LOT slower that night than he was the two times I saw him in 2008.

And this makes 11 TRs I have written (I don't have room for them all in my sig!!)- and I finished the first 10, so I will hopefully keep that trend! This is my scrapbooking now- which reminds me, I REALLY need to print these out sometime!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post
Ellen, I'm loving your pictures and your trip report too! Keep them coming. And I do hope you have a picture of your lovely hat that you wore to the Palo dinner!!!!

Beth
Hi Beth!! I'm so glad you're reading along! ANd you KNOW I have lots of pics of that hat at Palo- it was so much fun to wear!
Old 12-01-2010, 08:05 PM   #21
TheThomsLuvDisney
DIS Veteran

Absolutely loving your TR and subbing in !

Your fireworks and night parade pictures are amazing, what's your trick?

DCL Feb 2014 Fantasy Eastern~SSR
DCL Feb 2013 Fantasy Western~BLT
Aulani April 2012
DCL Feb 2011 Dream B2B~AKL
DCL Jan 2010 Magical Eastern~CBR
DCL Jan 2008 Magical Western~SSR
DCL Jan 2006 Magical Western~POP
DCL Jan 2005 Magical Eastern~WL
DCL Jan 1999 7 Day Land/Sea~POFQ
TheThomsLuvDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:21 PM   #22
Mysteria
MINDFREAK!
I'll release my inner felon on his butt if I get soaked by rain and bumped by pushy people
Make wishes on folded up chips

Here comes the poop tag

Location: They couldn't fit chemical and oil refinery state on the license plates

Decided to jump on over before I got too behind here too. I love the 'stache idea! Timmy looks like he was tub surfing in front of Pods who was doing the gassy chacha slide.

What beautiful fireworks shots!
Old 12-01-2010, 09:38 PM   #23
bstafford
Mouseketeer

Ellen I have to tell you that I distinctly remember your last trip report. Your report was one of the reasons that I NEED to take a Disney Cruise some day. But...we have to wait until we can better afford it. So keep it up, and thank you for it!
August 2011--First family cruise on the DREAM!
bstafford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:08 AM   #24
DMMarla07860
DIS Veteran

enjoying your report so far
July 14th-18th, 2002- 3 Night Resort and 4 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, April 23rd-30th, 2005- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, August 19th-26th, 2006- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Double Dip Cruise, September 6th-9th, 2007- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, July 13th- 20th, 2008- Mexican Riviera Disney Magic Cruise, February 21st-28th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 28th-March 7th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Cruise, August 27th-30th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, December 10th-13th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, March 6th-13th, 2010- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 17th-20th, 2011- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, February 20th-24th, 2011- 4 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 27th-May 3rd, 2011- 6 Night LA to Vancouver Disney Wonder Cruise
February 16th-19th, 2012- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 21st-28th, 2012- 7 Night Disney Fantasy Eastern Cruise(first one),
June 15th-17th, 2012- 2 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC), August 17th- 25th, 2012- 8 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC)March 16th-23rd, 2013-7 Night Disney Fantasy Western March 23rd-30th, 2013-Disney Fantasy EasternUpcoming Cruises: November 20th-24th, 2013- Disney Magic
DMMarla07860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:20 AM   #25
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
I'm early for a change!

Your photos of my most favorite fireworks display and parade are the best I've seen in a long, long time. All I could think when I saw the fireworks is "This is Halloween, This is Halloween, Halloween, Halloween your most favorite time of year"! I felt like I was there again.

Can't wait to see your next update!
Hi Chris! Thanks for coming along on my TR! I am so happy you like the fireworks pics- as I was posting, I kept thinking, is this too many? Do they all look the same? Will I be boring everybody to death?? So I'm glad you liked them- thanks for telling me so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThomsLuvDisney View Post
Absolutely loving your TR and subbing in !

Your fireworks and night parade pictures are amazing, what's your trick?
Hi! Nice to meet you! No trick- I used a small version of a tripod called a gorilla pod- it is flexible, and can wrap around things- like the rose fence. My camera is a DSLR- a Rebel xsi. This was my first time remembering to actually USE the tri-pod, I am so glad I did! Next time I want to try my REAL tripod- it's just that then I will have to lug it all around the park. The downside of the gorilla pod is that it is not always level, so you have to keep guessing at how straight the pics are. For the parade pics, I used nothing- just me. But I did attach my flash attachment, which provides more light than just the camera flash. I'm really happy you liked them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria View Post
Decided to jump on over before I got too behind here too. I love the 'stache idea! Timmy looks like he was tub surfing in front of Pods who was doing the gassy chacha slide.

What beautiful fireworks shots!
Thanks! Timmy was a nut job in the room- he kept jumping all over the place (well, I guess when you can walk on water, you can pretty much do whatever you want, huh? ). He was driving us crazy!! We did finally get him to stop, though, awful parents that we are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstafford View Post
Ellen I have to tell you that I distinctly remember your last trip report. Your report was one of the reasons that I NEED to take a Disney Cruise some day. But...we have to wait until we can better afford it. So keep it up, and thank you for it!
Hi again! I am so glad you liked the last one- I hope this one will be convincing for you, too! We hesitated for a long time to take this cruise- it IS expensive. And it took a LONG TIME for me to get over the guilt of going somewhere without Sean- I just kept waiting for him to get to where I thought he could go, too. Now I wish I would have gotten over it sooner- we missed all those years when they were little when they would have been totally enamoured with all the character interaction on the ship- it's just so different from the parks. Sometimes they are just walking around, hangin' out. And they go into the clubs- it's very, very cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMMarla07860 View Post
enjoying your report so far
Thanks so much for telling me - I do really, really appreciate it! And thanks for reading!
Old 12-02-2010, 08:41 AM   #26
myelton01
Mouseketeer

Wahoo! Another Halloween TR! Can't wait to read more! Subbing in.

I forgot to say that your fireworks pics were absolutely AMAZING!!! I can't wait until we take our kids to that in October! Thank you for all the awesome MNSSHP pics!

Last edited by myelton01; 12-02-2010 at 08:52 AM.
myelton01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:58 AM   #27
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Hi Ellen! I saw your link on Rosie's TR and quickly had to jump over to subscribe!! I somehow managed to unsubscribe frm your AKL TR???? I guess I need to go back and read all the update I missed. But this time I will make sure to stay around!!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:59 AM   #28
podsnel

Mnsshp 10/28/10

SO I was still watching the parade, and I was STILL by myself, and I was STILL wearing my mustache. What. A. Dork.

The cowboys were fun- I tried to take more pics of them, but my flash was not cooperating-actually, this was happening with all these shots. I should have replaced the batteries right before the parade began- oh well! Lesson learned!

This one still scares me- ever since I was a little girl. I think it's her hat. She is just....the scariest evil Queen, isn't she?? Maleficent...ooh! Even her name makes me shudder. Maybe it's her association with a needle- ok. That's enough psycho-analysis into my mental state for one day.

This is much better! I'm hardly ever afraid of jellybeans!

The parade was over, and STILL no family. What the heck? I guess SM is the world's longest ride...but I had wanted to go on, too! Oh well...finally I found them, all on the bridge- WITHOUT THEIR MUSTACHES!!! Hey! No fair! So finally, FINALLY, I took my itchy facial hair off. Sorry. Next, we rode BTMR- twice. I love that ride- it always makes me giggle.

We did a little ToTing-

And went over to the Haunted Mansion. I LOVED the ghost outside- she was a riot!!

The only bad thing was that due to construction, Madame Liota et al was not able to be seen- although I did see the headstones on a float in the parade, but didn't realize that was my only chance.

We did more ToTing, and headed through Fantasyland. I was very glad Sean wasn't with us- I think it might have really bothered him- it all looks so different there right now. On the way, we passed-

Cont'd next post-

Old 12-02-2010, 09:24 AM   #29
podsnel

Mnsshp 10/28/10

We were heading back to ride Space Mountain again-

Pods was going to sit this one out- he said he had had enough of SM. He also said it just doesn't do it for him anymore because RnRC is so much more of a ride. Whatevaaahhhh.... we still like it. We got in, and were in the back car. And the CMs said, "Hey- weren't they wearing mustaches before?"

Seriously.

It really is that impressive of a costume. Who knew? Go Tyler!

I would like to say- for anyone out there who thinks SM isn't all that...ride in the last seat of the last car. O.M.G. Talk about gettin tossed around like a bag of chips- it's a whole other ride in that back seat! I was yelping the entire ride!!

When we got off, I made everyone actually take a Photopass pic. As if it would kill them.

FWIW, it makes me CRAZY that those pics are focused on the castle and not on my family. CRAZY!!!!!!

Tim & Pods decided to go back to BCV...we still had some time left before the stroke of 12, and Tyler was on a mission to still fill the uhaul up with as much candy as humanly possible, so we stayed and ToT'd some more. We literally ToT'd right until the very end when they closed it up. On the way out-

Obviously, I was NOT using my tripod for any of those shots- sorry! I also was using my Point & Shoot. I never saw the candy at the exit, and I was looking for it, because we had gotten a TON there the last time. Maybe it was because it was after 12, and the party was truly over. The bus was just pulling up, and we ran like maniacs to catch it- we were home and to bed in no time.

Tomorrow, we had quite a day planned- time to get some much needed sleep! But would sleep be enough for young Mr. Tim???? All signs point to no.......Up next!

Last edited by podsnel; 12-02-2010 at 09:30 AM.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:28 AM   #30
BettyBeBop
Mouseketeer

Your pictures are amazing! And what a wonderful seat for the parade!! Love the TR. Can't wait for more.

BettyBeBop is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: