Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2010, 10:36 AM   #91
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post
And be careful. Kevin is an iPhone pusher.
Not true.

Kevin doesnt care which cell phone, wireless provider, accessories etc you use.

Use what makes you happy and what you can afford.

And if you dont want, need, have any use for or cant afford a cell phone...that's ok too.

In other words Kevin doesnt want to enter another cell phone debate.

He was strictly providing the information that eTicket is not coming to the _________ (fill in the blank) platform. It will only be for iPhone.

Kevin will now stop talking in the third person.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:42 AM   #92
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

...and Jeff will ask Kevin if eTicket is coming to the iPad...
Old 07-25-2010, 10:48 AM   #93
DisneyKevin
Kelvis

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
...and Jeff will ask Kevin if eTicket is coming to the iPad...
While not specifically designed for the iPad, I use eTicket on mine all the time.

As far as I know, there is a not an iPad version on the horizon.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:52 AM   #94
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
While not specifically designed for the iPad, I use eTicket on mine all the time.

As far as I know, there is a not an iPad version on the horizon.
I guess that makes sense. Unless somebody had the 3G version of the iPad it wouldn't really be useful in the parks (no way to download the POI/map stuff). I'm not sure I'd be carrying an iPad in the parks anyway - even if I had one.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:19 AM   #95
dheinle
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by msminniemouse View Post
The GTMax External portable battery charger is no longer available on Amazon, and I couldn't find anywhere else. Does anyone know where I could find something similar?
This looks similar but has twice the capacity. http://www.amazon.com/Javoedge-High-...8&sr=1-3-fkmr1

I just used my GTMax again on a business trip. It charged my ipod touch from 0-100 in about an hour and charged my Incredible from 15% - 50% in about 30 minutes.

Dennis
Old 07-27-2010, 10:10 PM   #96
msminniemouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheinle View Post
This looks similar but has twice the capacity. http://www.amazon.com/Javoedge-High-...8&sr=1-3-fkmr1

I just used my GTMax again on a business trip. It charged my ipod touch from 0-100 in about an hour and charged my Incredible from 15% - 50% in about 30 minutes.

Dennis
Thanks for the link.
So do you carry this charger as well as take a spare battery with you?
I already have spare battery and was deciding if I needed this as well.
msminniemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:48 PM   #97
The Sloan Ranger
Earning My Ears

Ok, it's about time to get this app on the android platform. The lack of an android version of E-Ticket is ridiculous and laughable at this point, to be quite honest, it's unacceptable.

You've catered to the Iphone folks for long enough, I get it and I understand why, but at some point... As the Android user base continues to grow and the Iphone user base continues to decline, you will need to develop an android version of your app. Why not be proactive and build android market share before potential competitors come to market with similar or improved alternatives?

Roll it out at $9.99 for the early adopters and bring the price down to $4.99 after 60 - 90 days. Development costs would be re-couped in 6 -12 months.

The Dis is the largest, user friendliest, most advanced, polished and proactive Disney resource in the world. It's time to start acting like all those things (with regard to this issue).

Thanks for your time.
The Sloan Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:57 PM   #98
MM32830
DIS Veteran

While I can't speak for Pete and company, I do know from my previous life that rolling out a new software package is a very costly proposition. We don't know the specifics of the iPhone version of eTicket. Maybe there is information learned from that roll out that has made the decision to not write a version for the Android platform.

I use to own an iPhone and have switched to an HTC Incredible (Android) and am very happy with it but I accept the fact that if eTicket doesn't come to the Android platform, it's a decision that Pete has made and so be it.

I wanted eTicket enough that I loaded it on my iPod and run my HTC Incredible as a hotspot so that my iPod can go online. Yep, I can have my cake (or pie?) and eat it too! If you want it bad enough, why not spend the extra dollars and do likewise?

Old 12-01-2010, 05:48 PM   #99
little bob
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sloan Ranger View Post
Ok, it's about time to get this app on the android platform. The lack of an android version of E-Ticket is ridiculous and laughable at this point, to be quite honest, it's unacceptable.

You've catered to the Iphone folks for long enough, I get it and I understand why, but at some point... As the Android user base continues to grow and the Iphone user base continues to decline, you will need to develop an android version of your app. Why not be proactive and build android market share before potential competitors come to market with similar or improved alternatives?

Roll it out at $9.99 for the early adopters and bring the price down to $4.99 after 60 - 90 days. Development costs would be re-couped in 6 -12 months.

The Dis is the largest, user friendliest, most advanced, polished and proactive Disney resource in the world. It's time to start acting like all those things (with regard to this issue).

Thanks for your time.
....well, since you put it that way....

Are you kidding? You want someone to do something for you so you insult them for motivation? How's that working for ya?
little bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:59 PM   #100
DisneyKevin
Kelvis

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

There will not be another version of e Ticket as far as I know.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:16 PM   #101
The Sloan Ranger
Earning My Ears

I don't disagree that the cost to roll-out new software can be expensive. If that's the case, then it would be nice to hear something official along those lines. However, I'm not sure I'd believe that responce at this point. The only "unofficial" response that I've heard..."The eTicket app will only be available on the iPhone", sounds elitist and arrogant; Steve Jobs couldn't have said it any better himself.

And before you all rush in to tell me to "shove it, they can make it available to whoever they want...", you're right, they don't have to do anything that I'm asking them to do. I'm only voicing my opinion that I think the android user base has grown to a sufficient level to reconsider an android version.

I could take the advice given, which sadly, appears to be my only option at this point - buy an ipod and wifi tether. I'd be looking at $225 for a base model Ipod Touch and then $30/month to add wifi tether through my wireless carrier. Maybe I'm being unreasonable, but that doesn't appear to be fiscally responsible.

Come on Dis, I think your vastly underestimating how many of your visitors would like to see this app made available for Android. Throw a poll up on the main page rather than the eTicket website, and then you'll have your answer!

Once again, thanks for your time.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:28 PM   #102
The Sloan Ranger
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by little bob View Post
....well, since you put it that way....

Are you kidding? You want someone to do something for you so you insult them for motivation? How's that working for ya?

It's not my intent to insult anyone, I apologize if it came across that way. I'll stop using forceful and confrontational terms going forward.

As far as how my approach has been working out for me... It's to early to tell as I just began with this style approach. I can tell you however, that my earlier approach (making friendly casual requests) for the past year, was most definately not successful. I'll keep you updated!
Old 12-01-2010, 06:49 PM   #103
little bob
Mouseketeer

Quote:
It's not my intent to insult anyone, I apologize if it came across that way.

.."The eTicket app will only be available on the iPhone", sounds elitist and arrogant; Steve Jobs couldn't have said it any better himself.
How is this not meant as an insult?

As far as the "how's it working for you" comment. I mean that in general. Do you treat everyone that doesn't give you what you want that way? If so I am sorry for those people.

I know that Kevin and the rest of the staff doesnt need me fighting their battles so I will make this my last post on the topic.
little bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:07 PM   #104
DisneyKevin
Kelvis

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I don't disagree that the cost to roll-out new software can be expensive. If that's the case, then it would be nice to hear something official along those lines. However, I'm not sure I'd believe that responce at this point. The only "unofficial" response that I've heard..."The eTicket app will only be available on the iPhone", sounds elitist and arrogant; Steve Jobs couldn't have said it any better himself.

And before you all rush in to tell me to "shove it, they can make it available to whoever they want...", you're right, they don't have to do anything that I'm asking them to do. I'm only voicing my opinion that I think the android user base has grown to a sufficient level to reconsider an android version.

I could take the advice given, which sadly, appears to be my only option at this point - buy an ipod and wifi tether. I'd be looking at $225 for a base model Ipod Touch and then $30/month to add wifi tether through my wireless carrier. Maybe I'm being unreasonable, but that doesn't appear to be fiscally responsible.

Come on Dis, I think your vastly underestimating how many of your visitors would like to see this app made available for Android. Throw a poll up on the main page rather than the eTicket website, and then you'll have your answer!

Once again, thanks for your time.
I'm sorry that you feel the way you do and that you can only see this from one perspective.

You will just have to trust that there are others that you arent seeing.

That being said, there will not be another version of e ticket, as far s I know.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: