Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2010, 10:10 AM   #1
medicjch
Mouseketeer

Upcoming Trip....Help...Advice....What would you do?

So I've got a trip approaching in two weeks. My Mom and I were starting to make an annual trip that corresponded with my birthday and Christmas, but due to some back issues, she is probably not going to make the trip. Even with some accommodations her back it too unpredictable right now and we don't want her laid up in a hotel room, so it looks like this may be a solo trip. We have a package booked at CBR with free dining and I'm wondering what I should to about the tickets and dining plan. To my understanding it is really too late to make changes to the reservation. I'm OK letting anything unused go to waste, but I'd like to salvage what I can. I think I could pull the tickets off the room and have them ready to use on a later trip, right? Would I have the ability to use all the dining credits? It seems like in the past it really did not matter who (in my party) used the credits to "pay", just as long as they were used by us. Not that I could use them all myself, but I might be able to use a few and that way they would not go to waste totally. Thoughts? Thanks for any help/guidance.
medicjch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:51 AM   #2
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

If I were you, I'd call your travel agent or Disney (whoever you used) and see what options you have. I wouldn't recommend keeping the extra dining plan. It isn't worth the added cost and it should be able to be taken off still.

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:02 AM   #3
medicjch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post
If I were you, I'd call your travel agent or Disney (whoever you used) and see what options you have. I wouldn't recommend keeping the extra dining plan. It isn't worth the added cost and it should be able to be taken off still.
Oops.....guess I left out the little detail that we had booked Free Dining!
Old 11-28-2010, 11:14 AM   #4
disneym2m
I am only allowed to visit Disney World once every five years... darn husband. Co-host of the Virginia Dis Meet 2011.

Back in 2007, when my husband and I went to WDW with his brother and wife, we used the dining plan. My SIL was too sick to join us for most of the vacation. Since my SIL and by BIL (wife and husband) were on the same dining plan, my BIL was able to use her dining credits for himself. Originally, we weren't going to The Brown Derby because BIL didn't have enough dining credits but since my SIL didn't go, he was able to use them for this dinner.

So basically you can probably use up all the dining credits since you are on the same plan. But I agree, talk to your travel agent about the park tickets. You might have to add on the "does not expire" option and use them on another trip.

I am sorry your mom won't be able to attend your birthday/holiday vacation with you.
disneym2m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:59 PM   #5
deide71
DIS Veteran

Actually you will not have to add the non expiring option to your mom's ticket. As long as it hasn't been used it's fine. The tickets expire so many days after first use.

I'm sorry to hear about your mom but I am sure you will have a great trip!

deide71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:44 AM   #6
disneym2m
I am only allowed to visit Disney World once every five years... darn husband. Co-host of the Virginia Dis Meet 2011.

Park tickets expire 14 days after first use. Since it sounds like your mom may not be going again until next year, I would call either your travel agent or WDW travel and talk about options. I can't imagine that you can buy tickets now and they will still be good in a year. They might, but I would check just to make sure.

Of course, now I am curious about tickets and how long they are good for if you don't ever use them.

I hope all works out and your mom feels better soon.
disneym2m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:20 PM   #7
medicjch
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone for the replies thus far. I'm still a little undecided as to what exactly I'm going to do, I'm considering taking DD (7) with me, even though she has already been this year. I could be a fun trip for just the two of us. I really can't get a clear answer on the tickets, but I do know the "clock" starts on first use, so I could get it now and let her use it next year. Still not sure about the dining plan, but if I take DD it may not be an issue other than changing the ressie from adult to child.

As far as my mom goes.....unfortunately she is probably facing back surgery so it may be a little while before she gets better, but she will, and we can resume our trips in the future.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: