Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2010, 08:22 AM   #1501
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post

They need to make this a playset for kids. I would buy the girls one.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:19 AM   #1502
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Aww, I love the Typhoon Lagoon model! (Even though we're not water park people!) Walt's office even makes me want to reach for the tissues-- to think of the empire a single man started and what it means to so many people is just awe-inspiring!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2010, 10:24 AM   #1503
Tink-erin-belle
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad you enjoyed One Man's Dream, Jackie! The kids and I spent much more time in there than I thought we would last year. It is a truly fascinating exhibit! It really drives home that message that if you believe in and work hard on you dreams, you can accomplish anything! Just look at what Walt accomplished! That movie made me tear up too.

Disney Every Day - An October 2014 PTR
Old 11-26-2010, 11:24 AM   #1504
Happydog
DIS Veteran

What a fun exploration of "One Man's Dream" -- I have not been in there myself, and hopefully will make it the next time we go, but your insider's pics were great! Thanks so much for sharing! I love the Roger Rabbit outline on the window!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 11-26-2010, 11:59 AM   #1505
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

I always enjoy going through One Man's Dream. I look forward to seeing what has been updated.

I always forget to look for the Roger Rabbit references when I am around Echo Lake. Next time.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back
Old 11-26-2010, 03:40 PM   #1506
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I have to check out One Man's Dream. That looks fascinating, I love seeing that sort of stuff.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 11-26-2010, 03:45 PM   #1507
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Don't you just love all the shout outs to famous movies all over DHS!!! I love finding something new everytime I go!!!! I have never seen that window of Roger Rabbit in person so I will have to do that!!!!

Great update, always so much fun to read about your trips!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 11-26-2010, 10:46 PM   #1508
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeay for booking and getting to make ADRs! Where are you going to eat on this trip?
Crystal Palace for breakfast
Teppan Edo (new for the boys)
LeCellier for lunch
Yak & Yeti for lunch
Mama Melroses for lunch
Chef's De France not sure if lunch or dinner

Love the pics of Connor with the Toy Soldier. He really gets into his "role"!!

We have always gotten the gangster in GMR & my husband did not even believe me when I told him there was a cowboy also

Chelsea must have been thrilled when she got the pic of Bo & friends.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:53 AM   #1509
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Great update! One Man's Dream is a wonderful exhibition. I am glad you finally got to see it. And I can confirm that this is indeed Disneyland Paris Sleeping Beauty Castle. It even has a cave with a dragon underneath it.
How neat! I would love to see that dragon someday!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
The models in One Man's Dream are great! And the movie is touching. What an amazing man!

I'd love to see the contents of Scarlett O'hara's crate.
I had no idea beforehand that Julie Andrews narrated the movie -- that made it even better in my opinion.

It was a very large crate! Lots of room for dresses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Sounds like a great way to cool off! We didn't see the movie in One Man's Dream, but maybe I'll catch that on my trip in January.
It wasn't too terribly long, but it was very well-done, and it was nice to sit for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
They need to make this a playset for kids. I would buy the girls one.
I would buy one as a playset, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Aww, I love the Typhoon Lagoon model! (Even though we're not water park people!) Walt's office even makes me want to reach for the tissues-- to think of the empire a single man started and what it means to so many people is just awe-inspiring!
It is awe-inspiring to think about all that Walt did and how many times he was completely broke but kept doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink-erin-belle View Post
I'm so glad you enjoyed One Man's Dream, Jackie! The kids and I spent much more time in there than I thought we would last year. It is a truly fascinating exhibit! It really drives home that message that if you believe in and work hard on you dreams, you can accomplish anything! Just look at what Walt accomplished! That movie made me tear up too.
I was so glad we were finally able to do One Man's Dream. The kids and Charles even enjoyed it. Sometimes with exhibits like that, the rest of my family just indulges me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
What a fun exploration of "One Man's Dream" -- I have not been in there myself, and hopefully will make it the next time we go, but your insider's pics were great! Thanks so much for sharing! I love the Roger Rabbit outline on the window!!
You definitely should do it -- there was a lot of neat stuff in there! Connor and I love finding those Roger Rabbit things when we are there. Over at Backlot Express they have the Toon Patrol car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I always enjoy going through One Man's Dream. I look forward to seeing what has been updated.

I always forget to look for the Roger Rabbit references when I am around Echo Lake. Next time.
It figures that as soon as I manage to do One Man's Dream, they refurb it and add new stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I have to check out One Man's Dream. That looks fascinating, I love seeing that sort of stuff.
It was very neat! All sorts of stuff in there from all aspects of Walt's life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Don't you just love all the shout outs to famous movies all over DHS!!! I love finding something new everytime I go!!!! I have never seen that window of Roger Rabbit in person so I will have to do that!!!!

Great update, always so much fun to read about your trips!!!
I do love finding all the movie nods around DHS. There are so many, I am sure I am missing tons of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
Crystal Palace for breakfast
Teppan Edo (new for the boys)
LeCellier for lunch
Yak & Yeti for lunch
Mama Melroses for lunch
Chef's De France not sure if lunch or dinner
Yum! All of those sound fantastic!

Quote:
Love the pics of Connor with the Toy Soldier. He really gets into his "role"!!
Yes, he does! LOL!

Quote:
We have always gotten the gangster in GMR & my husband did not even believe me when I told him there was a cowboy also
The Disney Urban Legend.

Quote:
Chelsea must have been thrilled when she got the pic of Bo & friends.
Yes, she was!
Old 11-27-2010, 09:14 AM   #1510
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

We love One Man's Dream too! Like you, I get weepy EVERY time! Walt Disney was truly one-of-a-kind and just amazing!
Old 11-27-2010, 09:22 AM   #1511
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
It figures that as soon as I manage to do One Man's Dream, they refurb it and add new stuff.
But at least you did get to do it before they took it down to refurb. An article I read said since it was meant to be up only for about a year, lost of stuff that was on loan was finally given back. I think that Mary Poppins dress was one of them.
I think this will be one of those forever changing exhibits and always changing for the better.

So visit often and takes lots of pictures.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back
Old 11-27-2010, 09:47 AM   #1512
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I had no idea beforehand that Julie Andrews narrated the movie -- that made it even better in my opinion.

It was a very large crate! Lots of room for dresses!
I Julie Andrews! I agree. It definitely made it better.

Dresses and shoes

Old 11-27-2010, 11:35 AM   #1513
KGGJT
Earning My Ears

Nice report
Old 11-27-2010, 12:35 PM   #1514
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

A refurb at One Man's Dream? I guess it's time to go back in!

Jackie, was just on Ebay looking at ornaments and happened on some Mary Blair and thought of you! Oh my goodness! So cute and pricey! You must take a look and drool along with me.....

Old 11-27-2010, 07:41 PM   #1515
manntra
DIS Veteran

Oh I adore walking through OMD.....I really missed it when it was being refurbed (a word right ) in October so thank you for the pictures!
Gone With the Wind is one of my favorite movies too. I never tire of watching it
Oooh dinner with tv.....hmmm I wonder if anyone gets in trouble?

Tracy

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: