Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2010, 02:45 PM   #1
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Chilly 4.0 The Quadrilogy - Day 8

Saturday 2nd October 2010

We have a bit of a sleep in today and then go to the food court for breakfast I opt for a croissant (and bemoan that they don't have jam) and DH gets chocolate pancakes with a side of bacon.

We head over to the Poly and rent a sea raycer, I wanted to get one each but DH thought one was enough, he later admits we should have got two so we could go faster.

Next up we get the monorail over to the Grand Floridian and then walk round to the Wedding Pavilion, it makes me feel very sad to be back there but not to be getting married, we hoped to go into it but we can't.

We keep walking to take us back to the Poly and drive over to the Boardwalk, first stop the bakery for a spot of lunch, we share a ham and cheese panni and a bag of crisps, I spot some jam in the bakery so pinch it, a bride passes us while we are eating.

Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:49 PM   #2
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

cont...

We then go back into the Boardwalk to wait for Katie to arrive for her wedding; I spot Vernon on the DVC booth so have a chat with him. We see the limo pull up so head out, Katie looks stunning and Iím so excited to meet her, we chat quickly then leave her to it. DH and I go outside again and head to Seabreeze Point where she is getting married so that I can get some more photos; she has the same photographer we had so I say hi to him as well.

I want to stay and watch the whole wedding but DH says I can't, so we head over to CSR so I can use their business centre to upload some photos onto FB for Katie's friends who couldn't be there, we've forgotten the cable though so have to go via our hotel which turns out to be a waste of time as we don't need it. They don't end up charging us to use the Internet either; Iím not sure why not. I've got a message on FB saying there is going to be a brides meet this week but it clashes with our Le Cellier ADR, i'm gutted I can't go and meet some more brides that Iíve been chatting to for ages. We head back to POFQ for a swim in the pool and a sunbathe; my notes say "Mike looks sexy in his trunks", it doesn't look like my handwriting though.

Tonightís ADR is Artist Point, as we drive in we pass 3 deer but I wasn't quick enough with the camera, we arrive early and the CM says we won't be seated until our ADR time which is fine by us as it means we can get a drink in the bar first. I get a very berry punch but we hadn't even paid when our buzzer goes off.

Our server is really nice but soooooooooo slow and considering he only had 4 tables to look after its pretty bad. We had some lovely bread to start then I had Hoi sin Short Ribs with Asian Slaw followed by Beef tenderloin with garlic mash and green beans which came with an espresso reduction, as I hate coffee I asked for it with out this but asked if possible could I have a different sauce as they had several other ones on the menu. DH had crab cakes followed by chicken with pasta and mushroom fondue.

The food was wonderful but I ended up with the espresso reduction, which I wasn't best pleased about but luckily it was on the side so I just left it. We decided we were too full for pudding so took a walk inside then outside. We arrived at the beach/lake just as the EWP arrived so we sat and watched that, along with quite a lot of other people.

We headed back to the hotel with the idea of going to the hotel bar but I fell asleep on the bed and even the smell of a brownie which DH went and got from the foodcourt couldn't get me up so it went into the fridge and we went to sleep.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2010, 03:19 PM   #3
mark&sue
I keep trying to convert everybody, but they just don't want to be converted
I can only get a tag if its near the weekend. a monday, tuesday and some wednesdays are definately no tag days

great photos Claire. The food looks very nice.

Susan
Oct 1992: off site - April 1998: Dixie Landings - Oct 1999: DL California - Oct 2000: Grosvenor Resort - Oct 2001: POFQ - Dec 2001:Disneyland Hotel - Oct 2003: Davy Crockets Cabins - Oct 2004: Grand Floridian -May 2005: SSR (DVC) & HRH - Oct 2005: New York Hotel - Oct 2006: SSR and BCV (DVC) - Aug 2007: SSR (DVC) and 1st Disney Cruise - July 2008: Sequoia Lodge - July 2010: Treehouse Villas - Sequoia Lodge: Oct 2010 - April 2011 Treehouse Villas/Portofino Bay
2012/13: Several trips to our Dream holiday Home in Spain
mark&sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 02:56 PM   #4
jockey
Repeat after me....I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's!!!!!!

Lovely day, we always take a trip to the wedding pavilion at least once when we are there, I really wish I could get married there again, to the same person of course
Old 11-26-2010, 04:39 PM   #5
Tinks1984
We're having a mini party!
I couldn't believe how many there was in the bag!

Awww lovely day, Katie looked amazing! I sooo hope that's me one day
Tinks1984 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 02:30 AM   #6
Latte Lover
in charge of the credit cards and plotting quickest routes to the shopping malls

Another lovely day, Claire. You made me laugh with Mike and his trunks!

1975 Royal Plaza 1997 Master's Inn Kissimee 1999 Clarion Universal 2001 Howard Johnson Maingate East 2003 Econolodge 2005 Howard Johnson Maingate West 2006 Our Timeshare at Sheraton Vistana Resort 2007 Club Sevilla 2008 Sheraton Vistana(May), Terrace Ridge (Aug)Nov 2009 Barefoot'n' in the keys, Kissimmee2010 Cumbrian LakesOct 2011 Sheraton & Disney MagicNov 2012 Florida Keys, The Sheraton, and OKW
Latte Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 02:34 AM   #7
irongirlof12
Am I the only one who loves Quorn Sausages?
I would love to be at Ghiradelli's ice cream parlour with a massive choc sundae

what a fab day and amazing photo's.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:27 AM   #8
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Mmm, that food looks delish. More lovely photos Claire

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 04:03 PM   #9
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jockey View Post
Lovely day, we always take a trip to the wedding pavilion at least once when we are there, I really wish I could get married there again, to the same person of course
I'm so having a vow renewal in 10 years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks1984 View Post
Awww lovely day, Katie looked amazing! I sooo hope that's me one day
I'm sure it will be.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:47 PM   #10
SusanEllen
DIS Veteran

Another entertaining report, Claire, but you forgot to include the photo of Mike in his swim trunks.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:03 AM   #11
disney_princess_85
Liked the sky effect
If we feel like having pop tarts for breakfast we can

Lovely day Claire. Great pics!
January 2002- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, October 2007- Disneyland Paris, Newport Bay Club, May 2008- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort, January 2009- Disneyland Paris, Holiday Inn, March 2009- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, May 2009- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2009- Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs/Universal Studios, Hard Rock Hotel Club Level, November 2009- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, February 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, May 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, August-September 2010- Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort Club Level, October 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, December 2010-January 2011- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2011- Walt Disney World, POFQ/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs, October 2012- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Wilderness Lodge, February 2013- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, October 2013- Walt Disney World, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, May 2014- Disneyland, Paradise Pier

Lauren
disney_princess_85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: