Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2010, 12:52 PM   #16
dmoore718
If you think being a firefighter is tough, try being a firefighter's wife

Plans and ADR's

Well, after much planning (obsessing), subbing to Touringplans, and more obsessing......I think we have a good plan going...let me know what you think Disers!

Day 1:Wed. 1/26 arrival: Our flight lands around 9AM: Hop on ME To POP and then off to MK, of course, we can't start the trip without the castle.......the girls would flip out!!!
Day 2:Thurs 1/27: Full day at MK
Day 3: Fri 1/28: Hollywood Studios/Downtown Disney for dinner and fun!
Day 4: Sat 1/29: AK with my parents, Aunt and Uncle. Aunt and Uncle live near Orlando. My parents are dying to see the kids at Disney but I don't think they can manage a whole week, as well as keep up with us So, they are planning to fly into MCO on this day, My Aunt and Uncle will pick them up at the airport and they will meet us at AK. I made an ADR for O'hana (6:40pm so we can all just head over after park closing at 5pm: we'll just explore Poly if we are really early) for 9 ppl so we can relax and enjoy the company. My aunt has never met my kids so this is exciting for me!! Also, can't wait to eat at O'hana!!
Day 5: Sun 1/30: My friend is driving up from FLL to meet us at Epcot!! I can't wait. She joined us for one day last trip and we had a great time. I made a 12pm ADR at Akershus to celebrate DD 4th birthday She's my Tomboy but she is still excited to meet the princesses for lunch. I was very excited to be able to add my friend to our 12pm ADR with no problem...she thinks it's nuts to make a reservation so early.......amateur :
Day 6: Mon. 1/31: Back to MK!!
Day 7: Tues. 2/1: last full day..........I'm actually leaving this day open!! Go figure. We will avoid Epcot, per TP recs ,but play it by ear...I know, I can't believe it myself!
Day 8: Wed. 2/2 Fly home at 3pm probably just relax around the resort until ME picks us up probably at 12pm.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:54 PM   #17
2princesses2princes
Tav

Love your plans so far. How exciting to get to spend time with your little girl on her b-day at the most magical place on earth. I can't wait to hear more of your plans and what not.

We are taking our 4 kids to Disney Feb 11-18/19. I can't wait to see my 2yr olds reaction, as she's never been but loves princesses and Mickey.

You will love POP, we stayed there twice, our first time every which was our honeymoon and then in 07 with 3 kids with one being 18mos. Now unfortunately we have outgrown them, and are taking advantage of one last shot at a moderate as well with one under 3 we can have 6 in our room, thank goodness.
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2010, 02:15 PM   #18
ccgirl
DIS Veteran

Look great! So glad you will be able to spend so much time with family/friends. Funny how different kids can be. My DD would not go to Disney without going to Epcot. That is her favorite park. I wouldn't think it woud be busy at all that time of year. Have fun!
Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2503063
Oct 2011 - F&W AKL and BCV
May 2012 - HGVC SeaWorld
ccgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:58 PM   #19
dalgal101
Mouseketeer

Donald's Safari Breakfast ?

Isn't the breakfast at Tusker House still the Donald's Safari Breakfast? We went Jan '08 and ate at Tusker House and it was the Safari Breakfast. Looking at the menu it appears to be the same thing now.

We will be arriving on the 21st and DS will turn 9 on the 22nd. We have a ressie for Tusker House breakfast on the 26th.

Good luck with the planning!!!
dalgal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:18 AM   #20
2princesses2princes
Tav

Yeah, Donald's Safari Breakfast is still at the Tusker House. I remember our first time there it was at Restaurantosaurus and it was Donald's Prehistoric Breakfast or something like that.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:57 AM   #21
visitingapril09
DIS Veteran

A whole team of princess to dress on your trip!! What fun!! I am subbing.
visitingapril09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 02:22 PM   #22
dmoore718

Thanks everyone for reading!!! We can't wait. My birthday girl is very much a tomboy and has already said she wants to have lunch with the princesses but is NOT wearing a dress!! Her older sister can't decide which princess dress to wear! I was so glad that I was able to get ADR's for those 2 days and add my friend to our Akershus lunch!! Now, as long as everyone follows the plan...no one will get hurt!! LOL!
Old 11-22-2010, 12:13 PM   #23
dmoore718

Dining Plans

Hello Disers!!!

Since we are doing QSDP. I wanted to get a plan together to avoid too many burgers...last trip I was not so DIS-Savvy!!

Here are my ideas:

Magic Kingdom: Columbia Harbour House and Cosmic Rays
(do you believe that in 2009, I didn't even know that CR had so many options!!) I also want to try Main St. Bakery for snacks..popcorn alone will not cut it this time!!

Animal Kingdom: Flame Tree BBQ (the BBQ Chicken salad looks good to me!)

Epcot: Lunch is at Akershus...if we are still there at dinner time, I would love to try Tangerine- My DH would LOVE the Lamb and I would love the Chicken!! I just don't know if we can fill time between lunch and dinner at Epcot...the kids don't LOVE it there.

Hollywood Studios: Studio Catering Company looks good.

Downtown Disney: Wolfgang Pucks...I am going to go there this trip. The food looks awesome!! And SNACKS at Goofy's candy shop!
Old 11-23-2010, 01:38 PM   #24
2princesses2princes
Tav

Sounds great. I have never tried any of those places but will be trying some this time around. We have always done Pecos Bills but are trying Cosmic Rays this time, and we are also giving Wolf Gang Puck Express a shot. The great thing about counter service is you eat when you feel like it no plannign months in advance when you are going to want to eat when you are there.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:08 PM   #25
dmoore718

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2princesses2princes View Post
Sounds great. I have never tried any of those places but will be trying some this time around. We have always done Pecos Bills but are trying Cosmic Rays this time, and we are also giving Wolf Gang Puck Express a shot. The great thing about counter service is you eat when you feel like it no plannign months in advance when you are going to want to eat when you are there.
Thanks!! I agree. We love the QSDP for those reasons. The 2 TS meals is enough for us, and the kids.....we are getting closer, less than 3 months!!! whoohoo!!
Old 12-08-2010, 12:51 PM   #26
MommyBell08
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great plan. Your girls are dolls! Can't wait to read more!

ASMo'04*O.S.'06*POP'07*POP'09*CSR'09*AKV'11(KV)*AK V'12*OKW'12*AKV'14,SSR'14 OHANA

MommyBell08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:33 PM   #27
lisateaches
Mouseketeer

We are going in January too! So excited! How exciting to be celebrating a birthday there! WE love Akerhaus.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2610353
lisateaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:24 PM   #28
dmoore718

Final payment....48 days to go!!

I'm so excited that we just made our final payment
To be fair, we put is on our Disney Visa, with the 6 months interest free!! However, my Frugal DH, will probably just pay it off as soon as the bill arrives, he's just crazy that way!

Thanks to the Dis I have found a solution to the little problem of my lovely miracle baby who is not walking at nearly 17 months
It's called the Ergo baby carrier. I believe one of our friends has one that we can borrow because I was not sure how I was going to hold a 25lb baby in line. I'm trying not to freak out about the not walking thing.....even though I have PTSD from her birth of phrases like "brain damage", "critical condition", " doing everything we can", etc... I keep reminding myself, she has come so far and so far, and has had only some minor health issues.........(yes, we will be bringing a nebulizer to WDS )

Other than that, I'm getting ready to pre-order my photopass CD, preparing for the Holidays and counting down to my Disney Fix

Last edited by dmoore718; 12-09-2010 at 02:27 PM. Reason: typos
dmoore718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 06:28 PM   #29
holliedd
Mouseketeer

Just stopping in from the Pop thread...great report.. it is helping me finalize my plans..I think we are doing AK on the same Sun so maybe we will see you there as well as Pop...by the way your girls are adorable!
holliedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:07 AM   #30
2princesses2princes
Tav

Yay for paying off the vacation. Our final payment is due next week, and we have a little to finish paying. We might be a day late paying it off, but I will be soooo happy when it is.

Tags
3 girls, january 2011, pop

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: