Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2010, 09:17 PM   #121
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

I'm getting so excited every second when it is time to head out on Wednesday night. Just only 3 days till I head to Livingston and 4 days during the Holiday season at DL. I will try to do the best on my live TR at DL on Thursday to Saturday. As for the weather, it looks like that it will rain this weekend. It said that it might rain on Friday night and might screw my plans on Friday night.

As you read my PTR on Friday that I was planning to see WoC and the new segments from TRON legacy. I know that WoC will be running even if it rains and I'm just worried when I am videotaping WoC that night. I don't want to get my video camera wet during the show and I don't want to have my umbrella up high during the show and have other guests behind me get angry because I am blocking their view. I'm hoping that it won't rain on Friday night, but I will have to do whatever I have to do to keep my video camera from getting wet and getting a good video of WoC. I love it when it rains at DL since the parks will not be very crowded.

I remember when I was at DL last year in December, it did rain on Friday night and rain till Sunday. Even though it rained during that weekend, the park was not as crowded during that week. The rides were mostly walk-on's, but the only bad part about itis that DL didn't run "A Christmas Fantasy" parade if it is raining and F! was not running when it rained. But the fireworks was running on Friday night, but the next night it wasn't running. Even if it is a bonus when it rains and the park is less crowded, but it does loose the nighttime shows.

I will post my pics of the 1985 Holiday season at DL later tonight.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:41 AM   #122
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Since we are already in the Holiday season, it is now time to post my Holiday season at DL in 1985. I can't believe I still have these pics when I was 4 years old. 25 years later is a really long time.

This picture was taken at the Plaza Gardens Stage and it was a performance Holiday show with different characters during the Holiday season at DL.

Here is the 1985 Christmas Parade at DL. I don't know what it is called but someone who knows that parade back in the day it would be nice to hear what the name of this parade is. There are a lot of characters that we haven't seen at DL in years.

Hope you enjoy all these classic photos of DL during the Holiday season.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2010, 01:20 AM   #123
Goofy_Mom
Disney Princess

Hurray for pictures!!
Couple of questions/comments:
1) Who's the moose?
2) Love the train in the parade
3) Did you notice that todays Minnie has a lot more junk in her trunk than she did in '85?
Old 11-15-2010, 11:44 AM   #124
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Love all the old pics break. Some are of things I miss, some of things I'm glad are gone.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:30 PM   #125
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Is it bad that I'm counting the days until your trip too?? I love the retro pictures.

I'm looking forward to your trip report and comments about Tron.

Thanks for sharing!
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:40 PM   #126
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone for liking my old pictures.

Can't wait just 2 Days away till my solo trip to DL and I am just getting excited every second. When I get there on Thursday, I will post my pics and do my TR live at the park.

It looks like the weather has changed on Friday night to possibly raining to overnight. But anything can happen and it could rain all of a sudden. I'm hoping that it doesn't rain night and I could do WoC without using the umbrella.

Here is an old pic of Casey Jr. Circus Train from 1985. It looks like the samething today, but the traction on the wheels of the trains today are taken off today.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:31 PM   #127
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
It looks like the weather has changed on Friday night to possibly raining to overnight. But anything can happen and it could rain all of a sudden. I'm hoping that it doesn't rain night and I could do WoC without using the umbrella.

Here is an old pic of Casey Jr. Circus Train from 1985. It looks like the samething today, but the traction on the wheels of the trains today are taken off today.
What is the traction?

Hope the weather stays welcoming.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:07 PM   #128
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
What is the traction?

Hope the weather stays welcoming.
The traction rod on the wheel on the engine. Today, the engines on Casey Jr. Circus Train doesn't have the rods on the wheels.

I'm hoping the weather will be nice.

Today I will be heading over to my grandmothers house in Livingston and stay over there for the night and first thing in the morning around 7am, I will head on straight over to Anaheim and DL. I'm hoping that the weather will be calm until Saturday morning, but we will wait and see how it will be on Friday.

I will keep my TR updated every time I get the chance to go on my iPad or my laptop. Hope u can catch my TR and I'm looking forward to see any DISer on my trip.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:10 PM   #129
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

This page will be my starting post on my signature for my live TR to DL Tomorrow to Saturday. Hope u get the chance to see my live TR.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:50 PM   #130
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
This page will be my starting post on my signature for my live TR to DL Tomorrow to Saturday. Hope u get the chance to see my live TR.
Have a safe trip! Looking forward to your trip report.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:17 PM   #131
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Just got checked into my room at BW Stovalls just bout 10 minutes ago and I was in DL for just 1 1/2 hours in the park and I have already posted some pics on my Flickr.com. Today is a really nice day and it is very warm.

I will start part of my TR live before I head back in the park for "A Christmas Fantasy" parade and "Believe...In Holiday Magic" fireworks.

As I have wrote yesterday that I went to my grandmothers house at Livingston so I could save 1 1/2 hours of sleep time while I go straight to DL first thing in morning.

I left my grandmothers houses at 7:15 this morning and was on a five hour drive to Anaheim. I got to DL around 12:30, but I was hungry so I stopped at Panda Express right across the street from Angels stadium.

Than when it was around 1pm I head on straight over to BW Stovalls and park my car. The room wasn't ready so I went to DL and got there at 1:30 pm.

It was just an average crowded day at DL for the first 1 1/2 hours of my time when I was in the park. It was nice to see all the Holiday decorations around the park and it is always magical to see it decorated. The first thing I did in the park was taking pics of all the decorations around the park. Here are some pics during the first 30 min of the park.

I will post more later, right now I am just resting and head back to DL in half an hour.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:47 PM   #132
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Glad you arrived safely and enjoyed a sunny afternoon at DL. Your photos are outstanding (as always). I especially like close up of the ornaments.

Looking forward to the parade and fireworks
Old 11-18-2010, 06:56 PM   #133
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Nice Bret I hope you are amped!
Old 11-18-2010, 08:54 PM   #134
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

The parade and the fireworks will be posted later when I get back to Sacramento, but I should be able to post some pics of the parade since I am currently waiting for the fireworks. I didn't get a good spot for the parade since Im just waiting for Believe...In Holiday Magic. I will videotape and take pictures of the parade in a good spot until tomorrow.

Tonight is really nice since it is not as crowded on a thursday night during the holiday season at DL. The weather is clear and not windy, so it will be a nice night to see the fireworks.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:54 PM   #135
specialks
Quickly becoming a Disney addict!

Glad you arrived safely and your vacation is underway! Thanks for the photos!
WDW Wine & Dine 1/2 Nov 9-11, 2012 - ASMovies ~~ Jan 26-31, 2012 DLR Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon - BW Stovalls ~~ DLR Oct 23-26, 2011 - GCH ~~ DLR Dec 7-14, 2010 TR - ResInnGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 19-26, 2009 - HomSteGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 13-20, 2008 - HomSteGarGrv
specialks is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: