Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Podcast Cruises
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2010, 12:31 AM   #76
r_loverton
Earning My Ears

Joining you by chance

I'm a few weeks behind on the podcast, so I was quite pleased to get an email today letting my family know that 1 of our 2 booked cruises coincided with pcc 3.0. Looking forward to it.
2003 Wonder 7 day Land/Sea
2006 Magic 7 day Eastern rerouted Western by Ernesto
2008 Magic 7 Day Eastern + 5 day WDW stay POR
2010 Magic 7 day Western + 5 day WDW
2012 Fantasy 7 day Western
2012 Dream 5 day Double CC Podcast Cruise 3.0

==================================
r_loverton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:40 AM   #77
WebmasterJohn
Genius
Maintains the Big Book of Grievances

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_loverton View Post
I'm a few weeks behind on the podcast, so I was quite pleased to get an email today letting my family know that 1 of our 2 booked cruises coincided with pcc 3.0. Looking forward to it.
Just a reminder that you have to booked through Dreams Unlimited Travel to have access to all DIS Sponsored events on this cruise.

WebmasterJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2010, 03:56 PM   #78
jpeka65844
DIS Veteran

A few details...

Since DH doesn't follow the podcast he asked some questions that I knew the answer was "yes" but didn't know the specifics. I realize that all of this might change for PCC 3.0 and may/may not be offered but was curious nonetheless.

1. DU is offering transfer busses to the port from WDW? What's the charge for them and what resort/s do they leave from?

2. DU got group rates at S/D for pre/post cruise stays. DH and I will most likely do at least one night in advance of the cruise. What was the rate? We're DVC members and will be using a boatload of points in January to book a Dec 2011 family trip and were thinking to try to save some back or take a chance with a group rate somewhere.....

3. Is there a Palo brunch on PCC 2.0?

jpeka65844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 04:24 PM   #79
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

I believe that the deadline for both the transfers and the special hotel rates has passed, according to what they said on the podcast last week.

There hasn't been any mention of a Palo brunch.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:28 PM   #80
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
I believe that the deadline for both the transfers and the special hotel rates has passed, according to what they said on the podcast last week.

There hasn't been any mention of a Palo brunch.
I think the PP is asking about info/prices in case the same things are offered for 3.0.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 05:31 PM   #81
tlcoke
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeka65844 View Post
Since DH doesn't follow the podcast he asked some questions that I knew the answer was "yes" but didn't know the specifics. I realize that all of this might change for PCC 3.0 and may/may not be offered but was curious nonetheless.

1. DU is offering transfer busses to the port from WDW? What's the charge for them and what resort/s do they leave from?

2. DU got group rates at S/D for pre/post cruise stays. DH and I will most likely do at least one night in advance of the cruise. What was the rate? We're DVC members and will be using a boatload of points in January to book a Dec 2011 family trip and were thinking to try to save some back or take a chance with a group rate somewhere.....

Here is the thread for PCC 2.0 that had the Transfers and Swan rates in it.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2591543

There is no Palo Brunch offered by DU on PCC 2.0. You can book it separately on your own though.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:36 PM   #82
froggy5657
Trivia Master on the Wonder
Watch out for that "Candy"LaBeouf!

Location: Sitting on a Corn Flake, Waiting for the Van to Come
DISboards Moderator

I'm thinking Graduation Present!!!!!

froggy5657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:26 PM   #83
WebmasterJohn
Genius
Maintains the Big Book of Grievances

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeka65844 View Post

All we have done at this point is secure the date for Podcast Cruise 3.0. We won't have details like this for several months.

For PCC 2.0 we are charging $50/person for roundtrip transfers (Swan-to-Port and Port-to-Swan or Swan-to-Port and Port-to-Airport) - $35/person for a one-way transfer. These special transfers only pick-up/drop-off at the Swan.

The rate at the Swan we were able to secure for PCC 2.0 was $99/night plus taxes and resort fees. This was only available to folks booked on the cruise.

There is no Palo brunch on PCC 2.0 - just too many people and not enough space/time to make it happen. We are having a special, private BBQ lunch/party on Castaway Cay just for those booked through Dreams Unlimited Travel on PCC 2.0.

WebmasterJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:22 PM   #84
jpeka65844
DIS Veteran

Yay!!! Deposit paid! We are official!!!

jpeka65844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:23 AM   #85
TammyAlphabet
DIS Veteran
Life Member - "exclusive tag fairy club"
Enjoys sour grapes

My request is in and I am thrilled to get to go on a podcast cruise. Thank you Podcast Crew!!
TammyAlphabet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:37 AM   #86
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Deposit sent. Cat 6A
Old 11-16-2010, 12:17 AM   #87
paulasillars
Body in New Zealand, mind in Walt Disney World
Winner of the ABD Potty Olympics

cruises

Quote:
Originally Posted by teskak View Post
Does anybody have an 'educated guess' about when the second half of the 2012 itineraries will be released?

Only that I checked the Hong Kong overseas terminal website & it gave links to all of the cruise lines including DCL. Winters from November to March are actually the best time to visit Hong Kong because it is not rainy and not muggy hot.

Maybe? Cruises between HK & Japan with add-ons to the Disney parks each way?

Part of attracting the Chinese market? Or great for the Aussies & Kiwis
Cruising is getting very popular on this side of the world - I know Princess have 4 ships based out of Australia this summer season which is a record for them.

I read with interest recently about the DVC office/sales centre opening in Tokyo. The Japanese are a huge tourist market to Hawaii and I think before long we may see a DVC resort in Asia. This combined with the already huge cruise market in Asia would certainly make sense to do some Japan/Hong Kong sailing itineraries.

I confess, if DCL did Hong Kong or Japan we'd probably jump ship from this cruise to that (so to speak)... but for now, we have a confirmed deposit in a cat 9 for Podcast 3.0

paulasillars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:35 AM   #88
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulasillars View Post
Cruising is getting very popular on this side of the world - I know Princess have 4 ships based out of Australia this summer season which is a record for them.

I read with interest recently about the DVC office/sales centre opening in Tokyo. The Japanese are a huge tourist market to Hawaii and I think before long we may see a DVC resort in Asia. This combined with the already huge cruise market in Asia would certainly make sense to do some Japan/Hong Kong sailing itineraries.

I confess, if DCL did Hong Kong or Japan we'd probably jump ship from this cruise to that (so to speak)... but for now, we have a confirmed deposit in a cat 9 for Podcast 3.0
Will you be wearing your All-Blacks?
Old 11-16-2010, 12:56 PM   #89
T Morrows Child
Dis Dads #596
He's the wildcard in the mix

We're in! We wanted a cruise to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary, and the Podcast Cruise just happened to fall into the right time this time around!

Now I suppose I'll need to start getting my # of posts up from only 32 . . . ah, okay. I have a year and a half!
T Morrows Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 01:29 PM   #90
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Morrows Child View Post
We're in! We wanted a cruise to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary, and the Podcast Cruise just happened to fall into the right time this time around!

Now I suppose I'll need to start getting my # of posts up from only 32 . . . ah, okay. I have a year and a half!
See ya on the cuise fellow Wisconsinite.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: