Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2010, 09:23 PM   #136
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Those wristbands can be pesky little things....
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 11-13-2010, 10:09 PM   #137
ehsmum
Mouseketeer

We always entered Epcot via the International Gateway so I never got to see a rope drop show . Those are great pics of Donald!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2010, 05:30 AM   #138
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade+3 View Post
I am feeling tired just reading this - how on earth do you function on so little sleep??

Must remember to pack scissors to remove the MNSSHP wrist band - thanks for the tip!
Jade - I knew I only had 3 days to cram everything in. So, that thought and extra caffeine in the morning got me through!

And I just couldn't get that wrist band off no matter how hard I tried. In the end the scissors were the best option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
Lovely update I just pulled at my wristband until it broke, but I'm used to taking off those kinds of wristbands. Lots of concerts, lol
Yeah! I, on the other hand, obviously can't take them OFF!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
I can only hope to be as active as you were! Of course, that requires the rest of my family to fall into step as well...
I hope that your trip in December goes as smoothly as you plan it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Those wristbands can be pesky little things....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehsmum View Post
We always entered Epcot via the International Gateway so I never got to see a rope drop show . Those are great pics of Donald!
Thanks. We entered Epcot via the IG in May a number of times and never got to see rope drop either. And with DS and DH, we never seemed to make it in earlier than 9.15 am so I would have missed it anyway. I was determined to get to it this time round.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
Old 11-14-2010, 03:45 PM   #139
PrincessInOz
in

Epcot F&W: Update 2 – Arranging to Continue a new Dis-friendship

Last night before we parted, Firefly and I had worked out that we were as compatible face to face as we were type/texting. So, we figured that we should meet up at Epcot in the morning.

I think I got a text from Firefly sometime during Soarin’ as there was a text waiting for me to see if I was at the park. We worked out that she would get the park ASAP and we would then text again to work out an appropriate meeting point. I also sadly figured that we would not be hearing from LuvChefMic today.

It was about 9.20 am by this stage and the thought occurred to me – I could pick up ANOTHER Soarin’ fast pass if I waited for my window to open up. That would mean that I would be holding 2 fast passes and could use them later in the day when DH was planning on joining me at Epcot.

So, with a little bit of time to kill and not wanting to move too far away from The Land, I headed over to check out an attraction that I had not been on for over 5 years.

I got into to the Clammobile.

Anyone else getting the feeling that I was going to be enjoying this attraction by myself?

Until Up came out, Nemo had been my favourite Pixar movie. I know that there is so much competition and it is only my favourite by a very very very short margin. So, I really enjoyed seeing some of the characters swimming with the real fishies!

Such a pleasant way to spend a couple of minutes! And I love the fish as well.

And then it was time for me to go get another fast pass. At 9.42 am, the fast pass return time was out to 12.30 pm. Stand by was out to 40 minutes.

I grabbed a couple of shots of my favourite Epcot foodcourt on my way out.

And headed over to another favourite attraction.

I got in the single rider queue and it was walk-on as well for single riders. Wait time was about 20 minutes for everyone else.

I’d only ever done this ride with DS and/or DH. I’d never gotten on this ride as a single rider. Did you know that you by-pass the waiting room and system checks as a single rider?

I love the feel of my cheeks flattening against my cheekbones when traveling at 64 mph!

It was shortly after 10 am. At this point, I got a text from Firefly…she was on her way.

Up Next: The Mistake of NOT buying at WDW

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 11-14-2010, 08:54 PM   #140
Jade+3
DIS Veteran

I love Test Track, but for some reason, I am not at all keen on doing rides on my own.
Carnival Imagination - September 2011
Freedom of the Seas - September 2013
Aulani - April 2015
Old 11-14-2010, 10:57 PM   #141
norybell
DIS Veteran

Ha, I had issues with my MNSSHP wristband, too! Didn't occur to me to ask anyone to cut it off for me -- that was smart! I ended up somehow ripping mine with my tweezers, and pulling it off that way.
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

Old 11-15-2010, 03:47 AM   #142
ehsmum
Mouseketeer

I love Finding Nemo too, it's definitely one of my favourites. Dory cracks me up! I've only seen UP once and that was at the movies where I had to take kids to the toilet a hundred times so I didn't get to watch it all. Must watch it again!
Old 11-15-2010, 02:35 PM   #143
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

hmmmm. I just did the ole' twist 'n' pull and my wristband came right off! Or maybe I did cut it off and just don't remember...it was pretty late.

Sounds like a pretty good start to the day, though. When we did TT the line was so short they herded us right through the "pre-show" room without making us stop. No problem, seeing that once is enough!

We like The Seas a lot, mostly via DD. The first time on the new ride (and we were there for sneak previews so were one of the firsts to ride it) I didn't think much of it, because it is kind of slight - but after a while I realized that not all rides have to be big E-ticket attractions. It is what it is - a cute little dark ride set on a theme. It does, however, continue the policy at Epcot of jettisoning anything educational from their rides - which is sort of a shame.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK NEW TR

Last edited by skier_pete; 11-15-2010 at 02:42 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:24 AM   #144
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
I love Test Track, but for some reason, I am not at all keen on doing rides on my own.
I nearly felt the same way; but in the end, it was better to be there doing rides by myself than not there at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
Ha, I had issues with my MNSSHP wristband, too! Didn't occur to me to ask anyone to cut it off for me -- that was smart! I ended up somehow ripping mine with my tweezers, and pulling it off that way.
I'm glad that I wasn't the only one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehsmum View Post
I love Finding Nemo too, it's definitely one of my favourites. Dory cracks me up! I've only seen UP once and that was at the movies where I had to take kids to the toilet a hundred times so I didn't get to watch it all. Must watch it again!
Just keep swimmin'...just keep swimmin'. You know, it was the reason I finally "got" why everyone loved Ellen. Until then, I just couldn't see it. Strange how your perception of someone changes just like that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
hmmmm. I just did the ole' twist 'n' pull and my wristband came right off! Or maybe I did cut it off and just don't remember...it was pretty late.

Sounds like a pretty good start to the day, though. When we did TT the line was so short they herded us right through the "pre-show" room without making us stop. No problem, seeing that once is enough!

We like The Seas a lot, mostly via DD. The first time on the new ride (and we were there for sneak previews so were one of the firsts to ride it) I didn't think much of it, because it is kind of slight - but after a while I realized that not all rides have to be big E-ticket attractions. It is what it is - a cute little dark ride set on a theme. It does, however, continue the policy at Epcot of jettisoning anything educational from their rides - which is sort of a shame.

I think one of the reasons why I love Epcot so much is that there is still a lot of rides there that are educational. I think that the Living with the Land ride is one of the best educational rides in Epcot; even though it seem boring. I think that it is brilliant how the agriculturalists over there are showing that you can grow stuff in sand. It will be a shame if they jettison all the educational stuff - afterall, that's what Walt wished for Epcot!

Old 11-16-2010, 03:38 AM   #145
PrincessInOz
in

Epcot F&W: Update 3 – The mistake of NOT buying at WDW

The plan

The regrets that I do have seem to be around what I did NOT buy at WDW. So, here are the items that I did NOT buy in May but wished I had and will plan on getting them in October, if this ends up being a "NOT NOT going PTR"....

1. A Dooney and Bourke Mickey Bag. I did NOT originally like the design that was there; but have subsequently seen the D&B bag with Mickey on it that I do want from the Basin.

2. A Walt Disney World cookbook. Preferably one that covers entrees and desserts from the WDW restaurants. I looked at a couple of cookbooks in May and can NOT for the life of me work out why I did NOT get one or twenty books in the first instance. If anyone reading this and lurking would care to post your favourite cookbooks, please do so. I need to do the research on which cookbook to get before I get there in October.

3. Walt Disney World themepark music CD. I believe that there are websites that I can purchase the CDs from...but I'd like to have the shopping pleasure of picking up a CD from the themepark directly. If these CDs are NOT available at the parks, please let me know so that I do NOT waste any time or effort being disappointed and I will order them on-line (and get them delivered to the World).

4. I'm NOT sure if this is the correct term for it but it looks like a Mickey hand backscratcher. Firefly has reminded me either in this thread or in her PTR thread that I do NOT have an implement that I can use to prod DH to make up his mind about United or United. So I would like to correct this oversight. What better implement is there?

I'm pretty sure that the above list is NOT all-inclusive and that I will be adding additional items as we progress the countdown towards October. But it will do for a start!

And I will NOT be making the same mistake twice (in the same year)!

The reality

I knew Firefly was on her way and figured that there was no point being anywhere else in the park. So, I took the opportunity to address a couple of shopping oversights I had made in May. I headed for MouseGears.

I am happy to say that I picked up the following items there:

This D&B cost $60. It was not the bag that I had originally thought I would get. The original bag would set me back $220 and somehow, when I had the bag in hand, it just didn’t seem … mine.

I got the park CD, which SoonerGirl had advised I would find at MouseGears. Thanks!

I also picked up these votive candle holders. DH had admired them somewhere yesterday and had really wanted a set. So, it only seemed fair that I got to spend the money!

Thanks to AussieTravellers, I knew that I had wanted to purchase a 2010 F&W Cookbook. No sign of a cookbook at MouseGears.

More disturbingly, no sign of that backscratcher!

I used resort delivery service and got the items sent to CSR.

I also bought a mini Eeyore so that mini Pooh would not be lonely. This one I kept with me to give to Firefly when I caught up with her.

And then I got a text from Firefly saying that she was at the park; so we arranged to meet up at MouseGears. I think she loved mini Eeyore.

“What do you want to do?”
“I don’t know…what do you?”
“I don’t know…how about we head in this direction?”

This direction turned out to be for this attraction.

Turns out Firefly had not been on this ride before and she was keen to try it out. At just after 11 in the morning, stand-by was out to 45 minutes and she got a fast pass with a 3.30 return time.

I knew Firefly was keen to get on the ride so I offered to swap her fast pass for the one I had got first thing in the morning. This would mean that she would get on the ride now and we wouldn’t have to worry about coming back here in the afternoon from clear across the other side of the World. I also knew that I wouldn’t be using my fast passes until after 7 pm; so it worked out fine for me as well.

She got in line whilst I waited. Yes, she liked (but not necessarily loved) the ride.

We then decided it was time to head in the direction of World Showcase. When we got here, we both looked at each other and walked straight in.

I think I may have instigated the charge a little. I was a Johnny Come Lately fan of that little Figment and had only converted to fan status in May. And Firefly liked him.

He’s just such a slippery little figure!

And he makes you think outside of the square and upsidedown. I wondered if I were in Oz (looking at these signs) whether these signs would read the right way up.

Off to the wide orange yonder!

It was great to enjoy the attraction again. My new Park CD has a copy of the music from this ride. I was enjoying listening to it as I was writing this up!

On the way out, it seemed prudent to step in and check an oldie out. I think Firefly may have instigated the charge a little.

I had seen this movie way back in….19xx…ummm…
No point in advertising my age.

I remember the movie as reasonable, but not spectacular, despite having the big marquee names of Michael Jackson, Francis Ford Coppola and George Lucas. I had forgotten that the movie was set in the B Grade version of Star Wars. It must have been made in the midst of a recession way back then, as I’m sure that George Lucas was recycling rejects from his A Grade movie cutting floor.

Despite updating the movie for 4-D effects, the best thing about it was still The End (I mean… Michael Jackson’s singing and dancing…..at The End). You really do realize what a great performer MJ was.

Up Next: Blissful Bites at Epcot

Old 11-16-2010, 05:10 AM   #146
shushh
DIS Veteran

I just LOVE the D&B bag. Its hard to gauge the size from the photo. How big is it?
May 2011 Hong Kong Disneyland TR
Sep 2011 Salt Lake City, Disneyland TR
Dec 2012 France, Disneyland Paris, Italy, Cruise to the Holy Land
May 2013 Tokyo Disney Sea TR
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Jun 2015 Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise
Old 11-16-2010, 05:28 AM   #147
PrincessInOz
in

It's a great bag; but not very big. It measures about 20 cm long and about 18 cm high. It's canvas; not leather. I thought it was just a fun bag that I could use when I have coffee with the mums.

Old 11-16-2010, 05:34 AM   #148
Jade+3
DIS Veteran

I love the bag! I have just about ditched the nappy bag after 6 years, so am in the market for a new bag.
Carnival Imagination - September 2011
Freedom of the Seas - September 2013
Aulani - April 2015
Old 11-16-2010, 05:47 AM   #149
shushh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
It's a great bag; but not very big. It measures about 20 cm long and about 18 cm high. It's canvas; not leather. I thought it was just a fun bag that I could use when I have coffee with the mums.
A nice size actually. Not too big. I find the bigger the bag, the more I take!

Quote:
I love the bag! I have just about ditched the nappy bag after 6 years, so am in the market for a new bag.
What do you thought about one of those trendy camera bags that look like a handbag eg Epiphanie or JillE? Wondering if I should buy one while in the states so i don't have to carry my bag with nappies/wipes/wallet/phone as well as the camera bag.
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Old 11-16-2010, 05:48 AM   #150
shushh
DIS Veteran

I forgot to mention earlier that I like your photos of the Epcot ball and Donald. I'm rather partial to the the duck!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: