Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2010, 07:23 PM   #1
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

What do you mean you don't want to go?? The End - 12/17

If you're new to my TRs, welcome... YOU'RE LATE! but we'll forgive you. If you're not new, howdy it's nice to see you again, thanks for sticking with me.

Since this is my 4th TR this year, I won’t bore you with all the details about us, but if you’re new and you’re interested the links to the other TRs are in my signature.

Since it wasn't just DH & I this time, and well, we're all just so darn cute, I'll go through the visual introductions...

Joanna (ME!)

Chris (my DH)

Monica (my sister, Disname PanicAttack, referred to as Panic from here on out)

Greg (Panic’s DBF)

Special Guest Apperances by:

Matt (DH’s friend and Best Man) and Rachel (Matt’s DGF)

This was another quick weekend trip for us (gotta use those APs while we got ‘em!) and Panic & Greg joined us for some F&W fun. But, first we had to get there...

Due to a stupid mix-up on my part, our plane was scheduled to leave a 9:00 on Friday morning. We were supposed to leave at 5pm so we could both work Friday, but when I booked the flights, I accidentally booked them from Orlando to Milwaukee instead of Milwaukee to Orlando. When I realized my error, the only flight we could get on was 9 am, so we both had to take Friday off. Or so I thought...

Last edited by not_Joanna_eggs; 12-18-2010 at 12:17 AM.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:32 PM   #2
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Thursday - The best laid plans make the biggest messes....

Thursday around 3:30, I was at work finishing some stuff up, getting ready to be out on Friday. The plan was to go home at 5, and head to Walgreens to get a Disney gift card, then pack and go to sleep early since we had to be up around 6 for our flight.

Well at about 3:30, my phone rings - it's DH. Okay, he's just gotten out of work. He calls me around that time almost every day just to check in and lay out the plan for the night. I answer and he just starts on a tirade. I can't tell what's going on besides the fact that's he's angry. Which wasn't great, because I have been crabby and stressed out from my work lately, so I wasn't in a great mood to begin with. Finally, I get out of him that his boss forgot that he had taken Friday off, and there there was a huge shut-down job that he was one of just a few guys that had security clearance to do. They originally wanted him to do it on Friday, and were going to take away his day off. WHAT??? He explained that he had a plane ticket and couldn't change it, so to "help" him out, they re-arranged the shift schedule and he was expected to go into work at 10:30 pm that night, and the didn't know how long he'd have to work for. Well crap on a cracker.

He tried to get someone else with clearance to cover for him - but no dice.

Fan-freaking-tastic. So, DH is owly to say the least.

I can't blame him, he'd been at work since 6:30 that morning and now he had to go back... So he said he was just going to go to sleep.

I got home around 6, and realized that I couldn't go pack as I'd planned because DH was in the bedroom asleep. Shoot! So I headed to Walgreens instead.

Can I just say how happy I am that Walgreens has these gift cards. It's so much more convenient since we live in the middle of nowhere. We had decided to use the gift card instead of cash because it was easier and using the credit card could be dangerous as you spend $3 here, $10 there and after a while loose track of how much you're really spending.

I got home and cleaned up a bit, but really couldn't do much beyond watch the Project Runway finale (Mondo was robbed I tell you!) because I needed to be in the bedroom with light. So I got all comfy on the couch waiting for DH to wake up. So DH wakes up, around 9 and starts to take a shower… Soon, I hear this really bizarre noise coming from the bathroom, so I go in to investigate. The shower is overflowing and DH is standing there (in his birthday suit) with a plunger - sand is bubbling up from the drain. I just kind of looked at him. Now he's angry, not at me mind you, but he's angry. I tell him to use the other shower, So I spend 20 minutes cleaning up the bathroom. He comes back (now dressed) with a plumber's snake and goes to work on the drain. Soon, I hear another bout of commotion and DH runs to the kitchen grabs a few paper towels and runs back.

He didn't grab enough paper towels to make me think the bathroom had flooded, but it was weird. Soon, he yelled - open the door to outside - towards me. Oh no, this can't be good. So he runs outside, and I turn on the light for him and watch him release a frog from the pipe snake, and watch the frog hop merrily away. Huh? How on Earth did a frog get into our drain? DH is not amused. I am though :laughing.

So he continues to snake the drain and I make him dinner. He comes into the kitchen with this huge hairball and deadpans "Seriously, are you part Wookie?" I burst out laughing, and so did he.

Okay, so drain is fixed, DH is in a slightly better mood, and on his way to work. As he was leaving, I reminded him we had to leave the house no later than 7, so he'd better be home by then.

It's about 10:00 now, and I haven't even started packing. I was super tired, but I didn't want to pack in the morning, so I went into the bedroom expecting to see the suitcase on the bed. We store the suitcases on the top shelf of the closet, so I had asked DH to get it down for me since I'm short and have, as DH says, short little T-Rex arms. Well in the commotion of our new froggy friend, he had forgotten to get the suitcase down. Let me just tell you 4 suitcases falling on your head, even when you're sort of expecting it, isn't fun.

So I start to pack DH's stuff and realize he has no clean clothes. He does his own laundry since his stuff is usually so dirty, we don't contaminate my stuff. So at about 10:30 at night, I throw in a load of wash. This is not going well at all!

Finally, I get everything packed and triple check that we have our park tickets and airplane tickets. Around 12:30, I head to bed, and just hope for the best....
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2010, 08:02 PM   #3
hill6
DIS Veteran

Not a good way to start the trip. Can't wait for next installment.

The Dark Side May 8-10.

Villas at Wilderness Lodge May 10-14
Bay Lake Tower May 14-15. Hoping for last night at Wilderness Lodge
Old 11-14-2010, 08:11 PM   #4
wlake
DIS Veteran

A FROG! I thought we'd had some weird things at our house, but that takes the cake! I'm short too, so I can totally understand the suitcases falling on you. I hope things get better... and that the first frog will be the last frog during your trip! (As close to a frog as I could find!)
Old 11-14-2010, 08:18 PM   #5
mousebymarriage
DIS Veteran

wow, rough start! I hope the trip goes better once you get to Disney, I can't wait to hear more!
1990(DH & I first trip together-dating) * 1994(DH & I-now married 6 months)
1997(DD first trip 6 months old)and family
1998(DH, Me & DD)and family
1999(DH, Me & DD)and family
2000(DH, Me & DD)and family
2002(DH, Me , DD, DS first trip 7 months old)and family
2003(DH, Me, DD, & DS)and family
2005 April(DH , Me, DD, & DS) * 2005 Oct.(DH & I only)and family/friends Adults only trip
2006(DH, Me, DD, & DS)and family 2011(DH,Me,DD, DS)
2007(DH , Me, DD & DS)and family2012(DH, Me, DD, DS, DD's BFF and 2 Dnephews)
2008(Grand Gathering 17 of us)
2010(DH, Me, DD,DS)
Old 11-14-2010, 09:12 PM   #6
Princess_K
DIS Veteran

Yay! I'm glad you started your TR. I was on the DIS the other day and was wondering when you'd be back.

It definitely sounds like you had an interesting start. Your poor DH had to feel like he'd about had it by the time he even got back to work. Seriously...a frog in the drain?? I hope this doesn't cause him to be grumpy again

Oh yeah, and Mondo was totally robbed. I felt like it was such a letdown after watching the whole season!
Old 11-14-2010, 09:16 PM   #7
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hill6 View Post
Not a good way to start the trip. Can't wait for next installment.
It was not a good start at all (but eventually it gets better)

I hope to have the next installment up tonight. I want to finish this TR before my next trip - which is in less than a month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlake View Post
A FROG! I thought we'd had some weird things at our house, but that takes the cake! I'm short too, so I can totally understand the suitcases falling on you. I hope things get better... and that the first frog will be the last frog during your trip! (As close to a frog as I could find!)
It was the strangest thing I've ever seen. We had a laugh about it after we got over the shock. It was the last frog - we didn't even encounter Kermit

I hate being short - I keep getting hit on the head because I'm too lazy to get a step stool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousebymarriage View Post
wow, rough start! I hope the trip goes better once you get to Disney, I can't wait to hear more!
The start gets even rougher in the next installment, but it does eventually get better - I promise!
Old 11-14-2010, 09:21 PM   #8
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_K View Post
Yay! I'm glad you started your TR. I was on the DIS the other day and was wondering when you'd be back.

It definitely sounds like you had an interesting start. Your poor DH had to feel like he'd about had it by the time he even got back to work. Seriously...a frog in the drain?? I hope this doesn't cause him to be grumpy again

Oh yeah, and Mondo was totally robbed. I felt like it was such a letdown after watching the whole season!
Oops, missed your post. We've been back for a couple weeks, but it's been so crazy at home, I haven't had time to DIS

The frog made us both laugh, it was so random. At least it wasn't something icky or drowned He was a different dwarf this time.... SLEEPY

I was definitely not a Gretchen fan because of her attitude at the beginning... I was bummed!
Old 11-14-2010, 09:23 PM   #9
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Friday - Part 1 - What do you mean you don't want to go?

I woke up briefly around 3:30 - no DH. My alarm went off at 6 - and I could tell DH was next to me. Okay, we're good (or so I thought). I hit the snooze button a few times, and then sent to take a shower (praying to the universe that my shower would be frog free!)

I figured I would just let DH sleep until 6:45. He can get ready quickly. So I did all the last minute stuff and made sure everything was ready. I went to the garage to put the stuff in DH's car.

This probably sounds weird, but DH has quite a few cars, He gets old cars for free and fixes them up and then either sells them or uses them. There are 2 that I will actually ride in, the rest are totally beat up and I don't feel safe in them. He also doesn't keep the cars at our house - he keeps them at his hobby shop about 20 minutes away. He's been driving an old beat up van to work because his car kept getting broken into. Before he left, I had asked him to remember to pick up his truck or his VW so we could take it to the airport. I go into the garage and see the old beat up van. Shoot! He forgot to pick up the other car. Oh well, we can take my car - it's just that it is brand new and I didn't want to leave it at the airport. No biggie. But then I look closer at the van. It's in worse shape than I remember. It's all crumpled up and clearly has been in an accident. Uh Oh.

I put the suitcases back in the car, and go to wake up DH. No response. I do a few more things and go to wake him up again. No response. At this point I'm a little concerned that maybe he was in an accident and got a head injury or something, so I try to never-fail wake up method of tickling his feet. Okay good, he's alive. But it's about 10 to, so we've got to get moving. I try again reasoning with him, and get no response. So I resorted to "Seriously dude, get up or I'm going without you" He responded with "okay" WHAT?? I asked again. "Come on we have to leave" he grumpily responded "I don't want to go" WHA????????????????????????

I knew this could go down one of two ways. I could get mad at him which would just make him more mad and there was no chance of him coming, or I could be nice and reason with him and there was a 30% chance of getting him to come. Not good odds. I went straight for the money card - we've paid for the plane tickets, and the larger hotel room, so we're loosing money if you don't come. "How, no we're not. I don't want to go. I want to sleep" Uh Oh… this is for real. He might not come. I tried to reason with him that he was tired now, but when he woke up in a few hours and wasn't tired anymore, he'd be mad he didn't come. He said he didn't care. This was not looking good. In a last ditch effort, I told him I would drive and he could sleep and he could sleep on the plane. He said he was painfully tired and I would just get mad at him for being sleepy like I did last time. Hmm… he's forming sentences now… Maybe there's hope.

I told him that I was sorry for getting mad at him last time, This time would be different because there were other people for me to do things with, so I wouldn't have to be alone. Plus, I totally understood why he would be tired. I promised not to be mad at him. His eye were open now, but he didn't seem convinced. He said he just wanted to sleep. I told him I would be more mad at him if he didn't come, than if he came and slept. I told him there would be dire consequences if he didn't come. He said "What concequences?" I looked at the clock - it was 7. I knew it was now or never, so I pulled out the big guns - I said…"Well, I am part Wookie, so I could crush you" he laughed. Okay… I have him…It's now or never I'm going in for the kill… "You're already up, just get dressed. I'll take care of everything, and you can sleep on the plane and once we get to the hotel you can just sleep. I won't be mad, I promise. Please come" At this point I was on my knees at the side of the bed and batting my eyelashes. He moved a little.

I didn't say anything, I just kept batting those eyelashes… he sat up. Victory was mine. I gave him his clothes and a cup of coffee.

There was visible pain on his face. Poor guy. We got in the car and headed to the airport about 15 minutes later than I had wanted to. These 15 minutes were critical, since we were heading into rush-hour traffic and some wicked construction. I was hoping we'd be okay.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:47 PM   #10
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

I hope your DH gets his sleep, Good Job on the batting of the eyes
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Old 11-14-2010, 10:23 PM   #11
LisaKeys
Mouseketeer

I'm on board.

I'm glad you were able to wake your DH up and get on your way. He would have been so upset if he had stayed behind.

Looking forward to reading more of your TR.

Someone please stop the Mango, Garlic and DxDP!!! Jan 10-23, 2011

July 1973 - MK one day/off site; November 1991 - WDW Villa's; February 1993 WDW off site; November 1999 - WDW offsite; December 2001 - WDW BWLBV-DTD; Jan 10-23, 2011 - Coronado Springs Resort and Best Western DTD
Old 11-14-2010, 10:35 PM   #12
norybell
DIS Veteran

Sheesh! What a rough beginning!

I hope things get better...
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

Old 11-14-2010, 10:43 PM   #13
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Oh man, I would have seriously had a panic attack is my travel partner said they didn't want to go!

That being said, I can't wait to hear more. And on a side note..

Gretchen was egomaniacal.

Mondo was robbed.

I kind of lost faith in Nina and Michael, not gonna lie.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:26 AM   #14
meeko_33785
Surrounded by characters

I just found your report. Looking forward to hearing about the trip. Hopefully things get better from here.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:55 PM   #15
Princess_K
DIS Veteran

I'm glad you convinced him to go! He definitely would have regretted it if he hadn't. I hope the rest of your journey down goes smoothly!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: