Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2010, 04:36 PM   #106
Goofy_Mom
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
Here is a link of the Disney’s Behind the Magic of Our Steam Trains on the WDW thread that I have read from other DISers who have done the tour. It's on the 2nd post that the DISer posted about the tour when they experience it. It said that the age limit is 10 years or older. I am looking forward to this tour when I go to WDW next month. I am planning on doing the tour on my birthday December 11, 2010 on a Saturday. Than the next day I will be at the MK for MVMCP. Talk about a lot of great activities at the MK during that weekend.
Thanks for the info, unfortuantly DS is only 2 and we're not going to WDW, I was hoping it was for DL. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to share your pictures with him instead, so keep them coming
Old 11-08-2010, 07:36 PM   #107
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy_Mom View Post
Thanks for the info, unfortuantly DS is only 2 and we're not going to WDW, I was hoping it was for DL. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to share your pictures with him instead, so keep them coming
Your welcome.

When I read on that thread that you can't take pictures of the roundhouse in the backstage area. I was kind of disappointed about that you can't take pics of the roundhouse but that is off stage shoots that WDW doesn't want guests to take. I read that you can take pics of the steam engines in the roundhouse when they let the guests on board one of the engines. I will take as many pics of the tour as I can.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2010, 12:49 AM   #108
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

It's the nighttime which means more different pics of the Disney Parks and Resorts.

Today night pictures is the castles at DL and WDW.

Sleeping Beauty Castle with the Holiday lighting

Cinderella Castle during my March/April Trip

Old 11-09-2010, 04:17 PM   #109
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Next trip to wdw will you be gathering photos of their castle with icicles on it?
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:21 PM   #110
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
Next trip to wdw will you be gathering photos of their castle with icicles on it?
Oh yea no question. I am attending MVMCP on December 12. I am planning on getting pics and video of the party and I am looking forward to the "Holiday Wishes" Fireworks. Now that I have done MHP last month, I will know how MVMCP be run when the CMs ask the guests without the tickets to exit the park during the party.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:14 PM   #111
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

I have some old photos from DL all the way back to my childhood back in the mid 80's but I am going through them and I should have it up by tonight. But you can watch the Disneyland 35th Anniversary Celebration on my youtube.

Video of Disneyland 35th Anniversary Celebration Special on youtube
Opening with Cheers Part 1

Haunted Mansion Part 2

President Reagan Part 3

Jungle Cruise w/Tony Danza Part 4

C3PO, R2D2, Miss Piggy and Gonzo Part 5

Ernest P Worrell Part 6

DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince (Will Smith & Jeff Townes) Part 7
Old 11-10-2010, 12:28 AM   #112
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

I found some of my old photos of DL from 1985, the 30th Anniversary year of DL. I was around 4 years old when my parents had taken these pictures at DL in 1985. I can't believe how different DL looks today and 25 years later. I thought that DL back in the old days in the 80's and 90's before they added DTD was a magical place. I missed the old parking lot where we just get on the tram and head straight over to the main entrance of DL. Now today you have to do more traveling to get to the main entrance. Now here are the old pictures from the 80's.

Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck on one of the 30th Anniversary Floats

Minnie Mouse on one of the 30th Anniversary Floats

Disneyland Plaza Gardens Stage

Submarine Voyage Lagoon with the old colors of the Submarines and on the left hand side of the pic is the old Skyway buckets. The submarines original colors back when DL first introduced the ride was a gray military color than in the late 80's they were bright yellow.

The old Mark III Monorail Red. Back in the old days, the DLR had four monorails (red, blue, yellow and green). If I remember correctly that was the year that DL was changing out the old Mark III Monorails to the new Mark V Monorails. Now today is the Mark VII Monorails which only has three trains instead of the usual four trains since the last 3 series.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:41 PM   #113
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Bret - your nighttime pictures are just spectacular. LOVED the retro pictures. Wish I could find the ones my parents took when we went to WDW in 1976. I think my mom might have taken 3 pictures...

I hadn't thought about the steam engine tour at WDW. How many hours is it? When we are going all the Christmas parties are done but we will be there for New Years~
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:12 PM   #114
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Bret - your nighttime pictures are just spectacular. LOVED the retro pictures. Wish I could find the ones my parents took when we went to WDW in 1976. I think my mom might have taken 3 pictures...

I hadn't thought about the steam engine tour at WDW. How many hours is it? When we are going all the Christmas parties are done but we will be there for New Years~
Thx. Can't believe how DL is so different from the old days.

I really wanted to do the Holiday tour since 2001. But my family was not interested in doing the tour. So my DA and I will be down there next month and we would do the tour together. I believe the tour is 2.5-3 hours from what I have read on that thread. Its going to be very fun to see WDW with all the Holiday decorations.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:15 PM   #115
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thx. Can't believe how DL is so different from the old days.

I really wanted to do the Holiday tour since 2001. But my family was not interested in doing the tour. So my DA and I will be down there next month and we would do the tour together. I believe the tour is 2.5-3 hours from what I have read on that thread. Its going to be very fun to see WDW with all the Holiday decorations.
WDW is really great at the holidays. All the parks are decked out. Be sure to see the Osborn Lights at Hollywood Studios. The first year I was there I thought everyone was just talking about the lights on the buildings....The last time we were there (2 years ago) we discovered a light and music show that was really neat.

A tour will be much more fun with someone to enjoy it with you!
Old 11-10-2010, 09:27 PM   #116
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
WDW is really great at the holidays. All the parks are decked out. Be sure to see the Osborn Lights at Hollywood Studios. The first year I was there I thought everyone was just talking about the lights on the buildings....The last time we were there (2 years ago) we discovered a light and music show that was really neat.

A tour will be much more fun with someone to enjoy it with you!
I am looking forward to "The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights" at DHS. That is one of my objectives to do when I go WDW next month with MVMCP & EPCOT. My DA is looking forward to EPCOT to see how each country celebrates Christmas.

It is so much fun to do a tour with someone that enjoys it so well. I was looking at one of the Holiday tours at WDW like the Holiday D-Lights Tour. But that was $199 a person. I wanted to do the Steam Engine tour since 2001 and this time I am doing my first tour at WDW. I am so excited to do this tour. It would be neat if the WDW offered a monorail tour but it is not as popular as the steam engines.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:35 PM   #117
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am looking forward to "The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights" at DHS. That is one of my objectives to do when I go WDW next month with MVMCP & EPCOT. My DA is looking forward to EPCOT to see how each country celebrates Christmas.

It is so much fun to do a tour with someone that enjoys it so well. I was looking at one of the Holiday tours at WDW like the Holiday D-Lights Tour. But that was $199 a person. I wanted to do the Steam Engine tour since 2001 and this time I am doing my first tour at WDW. I am so excited to do this tour. It would be neat if the WDW offered a monorail tour but it is not as popular as the steam engines.
Your DA will really enjoy EPCOT. They have Santas from the different countries too. One really fun thing we did was take the Segway Tour at EPCOT. It was New Years Day before the park opened and we practiced for about an hour and then when through the World Showcase before it was open to the public. The guide gave us all sorts of info. Zipping through China on a segway - Priceless. (Well at least it wasn't 2 bills a piece!)

Planning is half the fun, right?
Old 11-11-2010, 06:02 PM   #118
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Your DA will really enjoy EPCOT. They have Santas from the different countries too. One really fun thing we did was take the Segway Tour at EPCOT. It was New Years Day before the park opened and we practiced for about an hour and then when through the World Showcase before it was open to the public. The guide gave us all sorts of info. Zipping through China on a segway - Priceless. (Well at least it wasn't 2 bills a piece!)

Planning is half the fun, right?
That sound so much fun to do the Segway Tour at EPCOT. Get to go through World Showcase before the public goes in and see that side of the park not crowded.

Planning is always fun to do since you want to enjoy the full experience during the trip. Some people don't do plans and just go through the flow of their visit, but I like to get the most out of my trip. So planning is very important to me and my cast.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:06 AM   #119
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

In just less than one week until I am going back to DL during the Holiday season. I can't believe that it is only less than one week away to DL

Now time to post another night time pic or video. The pics and video is "A Christmas Fantasy" Parade at DL. This was taken right across from IASWH when my DA and I have done the Holiday Tour.

"A Christmas Fantasy" Parade on my youtube: Part 1, Part 2

Opening Float: Toy Box

Toy Soldiers

Santa's Mail Room Float

Welcome to A Winter Wonderland Unit: Pooh and Tigger

Mickey and Minnie ice skate atop the Ice Rink Float

Eeyore pulls a Sleigh

A Recipe for Gingerbread Treats Float

Candlelight Christmas Ball Unit: Lady Tremaine, Drizella, and Anastasia

Snow White and her Prince

Princess Aurora, Prince Philip, Snow White and her Prince, Belle, Beast, Ariel, Prince Eric, Cinderella, and Prince Charming

Santa's Toyland Floats: Chip and Dale in the "Humdinger"

Santa's Finale Floats: The Seven Dwarves

8 Reindeers with the last Float

We are only just one hour away till Friday on the West Coast and the offical day of the Holiday season at DL.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:25 AM   #120
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Great pictures We saw the parade when it was dark out after our tour last December. I have an issue taking night-time photos. Thanks for sharing. I'm feeling more festive after seeing them!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: