Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2010, 04:32 PM   #76
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Is shipping really cheaper than paying for a bag on an airplane?? I never thought of that! But then, Im coming from Oregon so that probably changes things...
Old 11-10-2010, 04:52 PM   #77
ccgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiegel View Post
just sent our stuff down today!

word of caution!
if you're shipping on a saturday please realize it won't go out until monday! so i didn't think about that - and our bags will arrive only 2 days prior to us...i was hoping they would get there sooner!
I'm hoping from your avatar that you may be from the Northeast? If that's true, how many days did it take your package to arrive? Trying to figure out when I need to drop my package off at UPS.

Does anyone know where the nearest UPS building to WDW is? We will have a rental car so can drive. Thanks!
Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2503063
Oct 2011 - F&W AKL and BCV
May 2012 - HGVC SeaWorld
ccgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2010, 05:29 PM   #78
lee20
Earning My Ears

Thanks for taking the time to share this with us.

Such a great help already.

Keep on sharing and good luck.
lee20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:10 PM   #79
ginbom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgirl View Post
I'm hoping from your avatar that you may be from the Northeast? If that's true, how many days did it take your package to arrive? Trying to figure out when I need to drop my package off at UPS.

Does anyone know where the nearest UPS building to WDW is? We will have a rental car so can drive. Thanks!

If you go to the UPS or FEDEX websites, they can give you a quote on price and length of time.
ginbom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:29 PM   #80
Disneywedding2010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginbom View Post
If you go to the UPS or FEDEX websites, they can give you a quote on price and length of time.
Thank you for sharing that peice of information with me. I now have an idea of when I need to send my package to Disney so it gets there either the day before us or the day we arrive.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:30 PM   #81
Disneywedding2010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDame View Post
Is shipping really cheaper than paying for a bag on an airplane?? I never thought of that! But then, Im coming from Oregon so that probably changes things...
We are shipping Christmas stuff and stuff that will go in our Owner's Locker (we are DVC members). I estimated our box to weigh 20 pounds and I did the cheapest shipping for UPS and it came out to $16 dollars (roughly). To check one bag on AA its going to be around $25 dollars. So for us yes it will be cheaper to ship it.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:31 PM   #82
HollyEpcot
Mouseketeer

Am wondering whether to use Amazon, Costco or Walmart to send snacks/beverages to All-Star. Anyone have comments either positive or negative? Thanks!
HollyEpcot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:58 PM   #83
HollyEpcot
Mouseketeer

My post-trip follow-up- We wound up using Costco for water - they were very cheap- case of 24 1/2 liter bottles of zephyrillis water was about $6, including shipping. I ordered it about 2 weeks in advance (was concerned about possible delay due to Thanksgiving). We also ordered some items from Amazon. Both companies did great - our packages arrived at Disney approx. a week before we did. The only downside - we checked into All-Stars in the afternoon- requested the deliveries at check-in, requested again at night, packages were not delivered to our room until the next morning around 8:30 a.m., which created a (small) delay in our getting to the park.
HollyEpcot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:18 AM   #84
James Alex
Earning My Ears

Only if your home is in Florida. It's illegal to ship alcohol over state lines without a license.
James Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:40 AM   #85
Disneywedding2010
DIS Veteran

I just had my fiance ship off a box to Old Key West for our Christmas trip. He said it was $35.62. The gentleman that was helping him said that more then likely it will be there Friday night or Saturday morning. I like having a tracking number so I can keep track of it. We won't get there til Wednesday so it will have to sit there for a few days. However, at least I know it will be there and I won't be stressing over it.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:43 AM   #86
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

Package handling fee at S/D

Quote:
Package Handling Policy
There is a package handling fee for all incoming and outbound packages. Please contact the hotel directly for the exact fee
This paragraph was part of my email confirmation.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:34 AM   #87
Disneywedding2010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneywedding2010 View Post
I just had my fiance ship off a box to Old Key West for our Christmas trip. He said it was $35.62. The gentleman that was helping him said that more then likely it will be there Friday night or Saturday morning. I like having a tracking number so I can keep track of it. We won't get there til Wednesday so it will have to sit there for a few days. However, at least I know it will be there and I won't be stressing over it.
I just checked the tracking on my package and it arrived yesterday afternoon. One less thing to worry about now .
Old 12-28-2010, 10:34 AM   #88
tjlemkuil
Mouseketeer

I know it's a bit early but, I will be coming down in November 2011 as part of a band that will be performing at WDW. In the past when travelling on our own I have had water shipped to us at the resort. Has anyone shipped water when going as a group? If so how did you address it as the reservation is not in your name?

tjlemkuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:28 AM   #89
katiegel
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgirl View Post

i am SO sorry! i haven't been around - the past month and a half has been bananas!!!

it was 3 days from drop-off to pick up. when you drop your boxes off ask for a return package sticker so you'll pre-pay both ways. and you can just drop your stuff off at the resort to send home! it was SUPER easy. (i hope this wasn't too late!)
katiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 04:57 AM   #90
Angila
Earning My Ears

nice sharing i like this.
Angila is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: