Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2009, 10:35 PM   #16
MrBean
Runnin' Dopey

Starring Rolls is great for lunch. Huge sandwiches and gourmet desserts (yummy Tiramasu)!

Mama Melrose was great last time we went too. Loved the calamari and chicken parm. I've heard some off things about other dishes, but what we had very delish. That, and the Fantasmic package was very worth it
MrBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:33 PM   #17
TXMomof3boys
Mouseketeer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Hollywood Studios:
You can get a bucket of popcorn down by the sidewalk that leads to Fantasmic (beyond Beauty and the Beast on the right before you get to the tower or terror)

Another spot for popcorn is by the hat as you walk in and turn right towards Animation avenue.

The final one I know is by Toy Story Mania.

Magic Kingdom:
In front of Liberty Tree Tavern

The other parks are popcorn mysteries to me.

Happy pop-corning!
Thanks for the info on where to get popcorn buckets at DHS and MK! I will be on the hunt for the other to parks when we get there!

May 2005 - 1st trip
TXMomof3boys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2009, 09:00 AM   #18
Brad Bishop
Mouseketeer

What do folks think about the Brown Derby. I have reservations there for next weekend but I can't seem to find anything on anyone saying, "Oh, it's great!"

The only thing I found that said, "Oh, it's horrible!," was in the "restaurants to avoid"-thread which, if you were to take all of that info to heart it'd mean you wouldn't eat at WDW.

I'm considering swapping to Mama Melrose for cost and I've seen a few folks recommend it.

Stick with Brown Derby (I'm not doing the Fantasmic Dinner deal although, I really don't get how that works as the restaurant is nowhere near Fantasmic) or swap to Mama Melrose?

It's just me and my 15yo daughter.
Brad Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:28 AM   #19
Tinker_Belle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Bishop View Post
What do folks think about the Brown Derby. I have reservations there for next weekend but I can't seem to find anything on anyone saying, "Oh, it's great!"

The only thing I found that said, "Oh, it's horrible!," was in the "restaurants to avoid"-thread which, if you were to take all of that info to heart it'd mean you wouldn't eat at WDW.

I'm considering swapping to Mama Melrose for cost and I've seen a few folks recommend it.

Stick with Brown Derby (I'm not doing the Fantasmic Dinner deal although, I really don't get how that works as the restaurant is nowhere near Fantasmic) or swap to Mama Melrose?

We LOVED the Brown Derby! The food was amazing, and it was so quiet (not a lot of small children eat there)! It was our favorite dinner when we went 2 years ago! Since your DD is older, she is more likely to appreciate it too. Also, if you like wine, the wine flight is great!
Old 05-17-2009, 09:34 AM   #20
mc'smommy
Troublemaker Tours

This is a great thread with some great suggestions....Thanks
Old 05-17-2009, 09:40 AM   #21
Reese
DIS Veteran

When we were there last week all the popcorn buckets were the same in each park. The were all the "Celebrate Imagination".

I have to say that we have enjoyed the ABC Commisionary both times we have ventured in there. The curry was a mild one that my little ones shared with me (I would have prefered more spice ). They also have a cheeseburger on the kids menu.

The fried cheese appetizer at 50's PT is very yummy. Also I love the desert view finder.
Sept 08 POP Free Dining, Dec 08 Grand gathering at POP,Jan 09 Rolling Hills,March 09 Rolling Hills,May 09 ASMu and Emerald Isle,June 09 Just DH and I,July 09 ASMu Mother/Daughter trip,Sept 09 ASMu Free dining,May 10 ASMo & Star WarsSept 10 ASmo Free dining, Nov 10 Rolling Hills,May 11 Pop, Jan 12 MK and Dreamworks cruise,Sept 12Free Dining AoA family reunion,Nov 12 ASMu Mom/Daughter trip,Christmas Day surprise,April 13 ASMu Mother/Daughter trip,May 13 Star Wars ASSp,
Reese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:06 AM   #22
Chevyscool
Mouseketeer

Quote:

We also enjoyed the Brown Derby...in fact, it was one of our best meals of our trip last year. We were on the DxDP, so we ate at a lot of different places, including many signature restaurants, and BD was so good, that we're repeating it again this year!

Like another poster said, it's very quiet and it doesn't seem like it belongs inside a park, but it is, so it's a nice escape from the "busyness" of HS.

The steaks are fabulous, as was the famous Cobb salad and the service was impeccable! It felt a little weird being in shorts and t-shirts getting such wonderful service and meals, but we got over it...especially after enjoying our amazing desserts. Don't worry BD was fantastic, for us...hopefully you will like it just as much as we did!

Chevyscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:36 PM   #23
IMwink
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Brad

the fantasmic deal is for meals during off peak times 3-5pm, and I am not to sure about the 5pm, I think it is for meals before 5PM.

And ofcourse the show isn't until 9pm. I am doing the Package just so I don't have to stand in line. I've never been to HS or Fantasmic, but I figured it would be a good idea just to have some sort of an advantage, especially if the lines are as bad as everyone claims.

IMwink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:31 AM   #24
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese View Post
When we were there last week all the popcorn buckets were the same in each park. The were all the "Celebrate Imagination".

The fried cheese appetizer at 50's PT is very yummy. Also I love the desert view finder.

I think the popcorn buckets are hit or miss. I got a Toy Story one in March. Don't know if that was what was available or if that was just what they were selling outside of Toy Story Mania.

I now have a Halloween and the TSM buckets!
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:55 AM   #25
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

DH and I look forward to starting our day at Hollywood Studios with lox and bagels at Starring Rolls. We're just back (9th of May) and unfortunately they are no longer serving this. When we inquired, the CM took pity on us, as this is our ultimate favorite, and disappeared for 5 minutes and came back with 2 plates......

We also enjoy the cobb salad for lunch at Brown Derby.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:12 AM   #26
IMwink
Mouseketeer

Checking In

Haven't been on the boards in a while just checking in

IMwink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:03 AM   #27
fenila
Earning My Ears

Hollywood Studios - What are the Best Snacks, CS and TS meals

Very palatable. This is fine description for the snacks. It enhances the taste of touring to a great extent.
fenila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:24 PM   #28
webprinter
DIS Veteran

For:

TS= 50's PT for their fried chicken dinner. Their prices are a lot better than many in WDW also.

Snack= Butterfinger cupcake at Starring Rolls

CS= None

webprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:05 PM   #29
carly chloe
DIS Veteran

My daughter lives for the candied apples at the Villians store.

Tags
food, hollywood studios, restaurant, snacks

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: