Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2010, 02:47 AM   #106
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
We went trick or treating after this. DH and Dana wanted to collect candy to take back for work colleagues. I'm pretty sure we hit every candy spot between here and Main Street via the Alice trail.

Two and the half days of DisMeet with Dana was great. I'm only sorry we ended on the minor hissy fit. At the end of the day, I figured that we'd spent all that time together without getting into any serious conflict.....we were doing well.

All yours now, Dana. I don't have any more pics of the rest of the TR.

I think we hit almost every candy stop, actually. We did quite a bit of them while you were looking at that purse Did you wind up buying it, or should I check your TR?

But yeah, I was sorry we had that Maybe next time

Thanks for posting your pics! They're really good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
It is my pleasure! Thanks for letting me hang out with you and taking shots of you, mini Pooh and mini Eeyore.

Thanks for letting me hang out with you as well! I had a really good time We'll have to do it again someday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessiLynn015 View Post
I really enjoyed viewing your pictures. Thanks so much for sharing!!!
You're welcome! Glad you enjoyed them!

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
Old 11-07-2010, 02:54 AM   #107
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Wait and see....Check my TR ....

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2010, 02:56 AM   #108
DisneyFirefly

All righty

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
Old 11-07-2010, 10:25 AM   #109
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Great update!!! I cannot wait to ride TSM, I love that whole area, and I can't wait to actually go through the whole line and see everything, it looks adorable!

Sci Fi looks good...still not sure if I'm gonna keep that ADR or not!

Looks like another fun night at MK! I can't wait to try LTT!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 11-07-2010, 04:37 PM   #110
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

The TSMM queue looks a lot more fun than ours in CA, great pictures from both of you! Sorry about the hissy fit, glad you two made up
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 11-07-2010, 06:30 PM   #111
flounderfan12
Earning My Ears

i love your report i just got caught up!

past trips
sept 1992 fort wildrness
may 2009 caribbean beach
may 2010 port orleans french quarter
dec 2010 saratoga springs villas
sept/oct 2011 all star music
Old 11-07-2010, 07:48 PM   #112
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Okay, I wanted to get caught up (I skipped some of the chatter) so I can then go back and update my TR. Now I am slightly exhausted...you guys sure did a lot in these first days.

All of your pictures are really great! I love all the pics with Pooh and Eeyore--two of my favorites.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:06 PM   #113
laashley
DIS Veteran

Great updates! Yay for eating around the world at F&W. I really wished we were able to try more things, two little kids got in the way though.

The pictures of Pooh and Eeyore are so cute. Looks like they were having such a good time!

You are hitting all the best rides. Glad to hear you liked Soarin'. TSM is just the best! I can't wait to ride RnRC with DH on our solo trip. Oh, and I totally agree about Illuminations, not my favorite at all.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:26 PM   #114
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Great update!!! I cannot wait to ride TSM, I love that whole area, and I can't wait to actually go through the whole line and see everything, it looks adorable!

Sci Fi looks good...still not sure if I'm gonna keep that ADR or not!

Looks like another fun night at MK! I can't wait to try LTT!
I love Pixar Place, too It's just so cute!

Honestly, I think you guys should keep it. Even if you decide on the day not to go, you can just call dining or go to the podium and tell them that you're canceling. They do take walk-ups, though. I tried to cancel my Plaza ADR and the girl at the podium said not to worry about it, since there was no credit card guarantee and they take walk-ups.

I loved Liberty Tree! I went there again the next day

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
The TSMM queue looks a lot more fun than ours in CA, great pictures from both of you! Sorry about the hissy fit, glad you two made up
I'm glad we made up, too But yeah, the TSMM queue is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by flounderfan12 View Post
i love your report i just got caught up!
Thanks! Glad to have you here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Okay, I wanted to get caught up (I skipped some of the chatter) so I can then go back and update my TR. Now I am slightly exhausted...you guys sure did a lot in these first days.

All of your pictures are really great! I love all the pics with Pooh and Eeyore--two of my favorites.
Yeah, we did I kind of slowed down a bit the next couple of days, though, when I was (mostly) on my own.

I really love the pics of Pooh and Eeyore. They make me smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by laashley View Post
Great updates! Yay for eating around the world at F&W. I really wished we were able to try more things, two little kids got in the way though.

The pictures of Pooh and Eeyore are so cute. Looks like they were having such a good time!

You are hitting all the best rides. Glad to hear you liked Soarin'. TSM is just the best! I can't wait to ride RnRC with DH on our solo trip. Oh, and I totally agree about Illuminations, not my favorite at all.
Hey, that happens My sister's currently mad at me for showing my niece pictures of BBB and the castle and the Christmas parade on Youtube. Jade's now bugging her every day about if they can go to Disney yet.

They were having a good time! Even when Pooh got eaten by a statue!

I did like Soarin', yeah. I don't think it was as awesome as everyone says, but it was really cool. TSMM is just so much fun I love the mini-competitions that happen with that ride. You guys will love RnRC The start is the best part! Don't get me wrong, I like Illuminations, I just prefer Wishes.

Me DF
Old 11-07-2010, 10:59 PM   #115
DisneyFirefly

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 - Magic Kingdom

I have no notes whatsoever for this day. I'm not sure why I stopped taking notes on my trip, so I'm making a point to make sure I bring a notebook and take good notes when I go to DLR in June. Plus, it'll be my first trip, so I really have no idea what I'm doing there

Anyway!

I think I slept in this day. The original plan was to go to DAK in the morning and hit up a couple of rides there before going to MK, but I decided not to. I think I could have saved the money I spent upgrading to a park hopper, to be perfectly honest. I'll have to keep that in mind for next year.

I decided that since I was on my own, I was going to focus on doing a character hunt, as I'd been ordered by my mom to collect as many autographs as possible for my niece. My character pics are all on Photopass, though. I ordered the CD last night, so I should get it sometime next week. Or hopefully sooner.

Anyway, I know I met Donald before heading here for lunch:

Back to Liberty Tree I know I'd just been there the night before, but the menu's different at lunch!

I checked in a little early and was seated almost immediately (that was apparently the theme for just about every ADR I had).

I'd promised myself I'd try the pot roast, but when I got there and read the menu, I found out that there are mushrooms in it. I HATE mushrooms. HATE. So I got the cheeseburger instead, since the only other thing I would have wanted was the turkey plate, and I'd just had turkey the night before.

Sprite!

The burger was good, but a typical burger. Nothing spectacular.

Now, the real reason I wanted to come for lunch?

Ooey gooey toffee cake! I'd wanted to try this for a long time, and tried to make it at home, but it didn't come out right. Maybe it was the lack of ice cream and caramel sauce. Anyway, I loved that

After lunch, I headed into Adventureland, judging by my photos. I don't think I went on many rides. I have no notes and my brain is currently not operating correctly, so I may have, but I may not have. I think I spent more time walking around and looking at things and trying to meet the characters on this day.

I apparently wandered into Fantasyland next See why I need to take better notes?

Because I was on a character hunt, any time I saw a character attendant, I got in line.

Not for those guys, though.

Honestly, I think Peter Pan's kinda creepy.

I spoke to the character attendant and asked her who else was going to be in Fantasyland, and she told me that the Fairy Godmother was going to be out in a few minutes by the castle, and then Mary Poppins a little bit after that, near the carousel. So I went to wait for the Fairy Godmother.

Me DF
Old 11-07-2010, 11:00 PM   #116
DisneyFirefly

It was a gorgeous day.

Just as I was about to get up and leave, she came out!

After seeing her, I went over to the carousel to wait for Mary Poppins. I kept an eye out for her and eventually saw her parasol come bobbing by.

I asked if she was going to be signing and she said yes, and asked me to walk with her, so I told her I was waiting for her and she laughed.

She signed it with Jade's name, which was nice

I also took a picture on my cell phone and sent it to Jen, Joni (I think?), and my mom, since Mary Poppins is my mom's favorite Disney movie.

After seeing her, I cut back over to the castle and down the path to Tomorrowland. I wanted to see if the Tangled characters were out, but I'd missed their cutoff AGAIN.

Instead, I stopped at Enchanted Grove for one of these:

I really liked it, although I would've preferred a smaller cup.

As I worked on drinking it, I made my way through Tomorrowland.

And somehow back to Main Street? Apparently, I was going in circles. I did know there were characters there, though, so that's probably why.

The pics for the first two are on Photopass, but I saw Daisy and Pluto, then went to see Pinnochio.

After Pinnochio, I made my way through the air conditioned shops back up to Tomorrowland.

If I'd had the money, I so would have bought those. The only time I like Precious Moments is when it's Disney.

I apparently decided to hit up the Laugh Floor, since it was air conditioned.

After that, I did the TTA.

One of the things I like about the TTA is the photo opportunities it gives you.

Me DF
Old 11-07-2010, 11:01 PM   #117
DisneyFirefly

After the TTA, I walked BACK to Main Street for some reason. I don't know what I was thinking.

I guess I wanted to take a picture of this for my dad:

I wandered over to Adventureland and went on Pirates. I also met Goofy while I was in line, but that's a Photopass pic.

After Pirates, I hopped on the train over to Toontown.

And then I walked through there back to Fantasyland.

The Sword In The Stone is one of my favorite Disney movies!

I headed down into Liberty Square for some dinner.

I got chicken nuggets and fries with the apple tart for dessert.

I sat upstairs and, as always, it was empty.

My view.

That came out kind of cute.

After dinner, I went on Haunted Mansion again.

Me DF
Old 11-07-2010, 11:02 PM   #118
DisneyFirefly

After that, I went back to Pop. I was tired and just wanted to relax, so I wound up back at the hotel fairly early. I'd also done some shopping on this day, but I don't remember in what order. This is all the stuff I wound up taking home with me, plus an extra popcorn bucket that I found:

The Grumpy and Beatles mugs were for my dad, the Pooh for me, the villains for my friend Cherry. The votive holders were on sale for $7, and the lantern was on sale for $10. The Piglet and small metal candle holder were for my friend Molly.

I spent the rest of the evening like this:

Watching this:

And that was my day

Me DF
Old 11-07-2010, 11:13 PM   #119
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I love the fact that you took the Tron pictures. I can't wait for that movie to come out.

I also love going upstairs at Columbia Harbour House, because no one ever goes up there. It's a lot more peaceful.

Was that Criminal Minds you were watching at the end of the day? Love that show!

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:16 PM   #120
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I love the fact that you took the Tron pictures. I can't wait for that movie to come out.

I also love going upstairs at Columbia Harbour House, because no one ever goes up there. It's a lot more peaceful.

Was that Criminal Minds you were watching at the end of the day? Love that show!
I can't wait for it, either, although, to be perfectly honest, I'm more excited about Garrett Hedlund in skintight vinyl in 3D than anything else... He's really a good actor, but he's also really really cute (he's the guy playing the son, if you don't know who I'm talking about)

I love sitting up there. I can't tell you how many times I went to CHH to clean the bathrooms and saw no one sitting upstairs. A lot of people don't know you can go up there

And yes, I was watching Criminal Minds. I rarely watch it unless I happen to catch it, so I'd watch that and Without A Trace while I was getting ready for bed whenever I was in the hotel. It's a good show!

Me DF

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: