Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 10:40 AM   #811
lacy1101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3boys4me View Post
Thank you.
3boys4me - I noticed that you have always gone in November. This is our first time, having always gone in October. I'm having a hard time knowing how to pack for this trip. In October, it has been shorts all the way - its still so humid. I'm just wondering about these November nights, though. I mean, lows in the 50s and 60s sounds like it will be too cool for shorts and short sleeves; but, I'm wondering if I wear capris, will I will be comfortable during the daytime? It will be easy to start out in short sleeves and carry a jacket for the evenings, but just not sure about shorts vs. capris.

Any suggestions? How do you pack?

Oct. ‘94 Caribbean Beach * Oct. ‘99 All-Star Music * Oct. ’02 All-Star Movies * Oct. ‘05 Pop Century * March ‘08 NSBA Conf. w/DH (2 days off property) * August '08 Pop Century * October ‘09 All-Star Sports * November '10 Caribbean Beach; * Sept. '11 Pop Century * November '11 Wilderness Lodge * November '12 POFQ * October '13 AKV Jambo House 25th Anniversary Trip * November '13 Coronado Springs
Old 11-06-2010, 06:24 PM   #812
PennyLane1084
DIS Veteran

Beach Volleyball

I have a bit of a random question. If there anywhere around the resort (pools or beaches perhaps) where this is a net for Volleyball. My boyfriend LOVES to play volleyball and would bring a ball down with if there are nets to play at. Thanks.
2013-DISNEYMOON! - Coronado Springs
DH - Steve Me - Kristin
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2010, 08:37 PM   #813
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLane1084 View Post
I have a bit of a random question. If there anywhere around the resort (pools or beaches perhaps) where this is a net for Volleyball. My boyfriend LOVES to play volleyball and would bring a ball down with if there are nets to play at. Thanks.
I know that there used to be a volleyball net on one of the beaches. I think it was the Trinidad North beach.

Old 11-07-2010, 01:34 AM   #814
JasmineMA
Earning My Ears

I did see one volleyball net, I wanna say it was at Martinique, but I'm not positive which village.

February 2009 - All Star Sports
February 2010 - Pop Century
October/November 2010 - Pop Century & Caribbean Beach
January 2011 - Pop Century
Old 11-07-2010, 02:57 AM   #815
3boys4me
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacy1101 View Post
3boys4me - I noticed that you have always gone in November. This is our first time, having always gone in October. I'm having a hard time knowing how to pack for this trip. In October, it has been shorts all the way - its still so humid. I'm just wondering about these November nights, though. I mean, lows in the 50s and 60s sounds like it will be too cool for shorts and short sleeves; but, I'm wondering if I wear capris, will I will be comfortable during the daytime? It will be easy to start out in short sleeves and carry a jacket for the evenings, but just not sure about shorts vs. capris.

Any suggestions? How do you pack?
Hi, I wear capri's the whole trip. We have had some days that were warm, but I have always been fine in capri's. For the boys, they are in shorts most days and usually a sweatshirt at night. I also bring jeans for everyone and I check the 10 day forcast to see if we should bring coats.

11/2004 All Star Movies
11/2005 POFQ
11/2008 Coronado Springs
11/2009 Coronado Springs
11/2010 Caribbean Beach Resort
03/2011 POP, 11/2011 POP
11/2012 AoA, 11/2013 POP
Old 11-07-2010, 06:57 AM   #816
catbertdave99
We Wanna Be There NOW!!!

Quote:
I've seen a volleyball net on the Old Port Royale beach each time we've been at CBR....

03/01 - WL; 02/04 - AKL; 04/05 - CBR; 03/07 - CBR; 07/08 - POP; 06/09 - CBR; 06/12 - CBR; 11/14 - CBR/GF
Old 11-07-2010, 02:22 PM   #817
lacy1101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3boys4me View Post
Hi, I wear capri's the whole trip. We have had some days that were warm, but I have always been fine in capri's. For the boys, they are in shorts most days and usually a sweatshirt at night. I also bring jeans for everyone and I check the 10 day forcast to see if we should bring coats.
That's good to know - I have just about decided that's what I'm going to do, too. I think I'm going to take a couple pairs of sport-type capris (i.e., Adidas, Nike), and one pair of denim capris - pair 'em up with some short-sleeve tees and take along a pullover for when it gets cooler in the evenings. I'll probably throw in one pair of jeans, and one pair of shorts, just in case. DH and I are trying to only check one bag (first time paying) so I need to keep it as light and simple as possible. I'll probably wear a dressier pair of capris on the flight down and then wear those again for our nicer meal at Narcoossees during the trip. Seems like I always overpack, so this is going to be different for me.

Just to keep this on topic - we are staying at CBR this trip, too. We haven't stayed there since our first trip in 1994. I am very excited!

Thanks so much for your help!

Oct. ‘94 Caribbean Beach * Oct. ‘99 All-Star Music * Oct. ’02 All-Star Movies * Oct. ‘05 Pop Century * March ‘08 NSBA Conf. w/DH (2 days off property) * August '08 Pop Century * October ‘09 All-Star Sports * November '10 Caribbean Beach; * Sept. '11 Pop Century * November '11 Wilderness Lodge * November '12 POFQ * October '13 AKV Jambo House 25th Anniversary Trip * November '13 Coronado Springs
Old 11-11-2010, 10:27 AM   #818
Eric in TX
Belle, it's about time you got your head out of those books and started thinking about more important things....like me.

Quote:

I can confirm that there was a volleyball net on the beach in Martinique last week.

It didn't look like it was strung very tight, and the net ran perpendicular from the sidewalk down to the water so the 'court' would be on a downhill angle from one side to the other. But there was definitely a net!

Can't wait to stay at the WL for the first time this fall
Old 11-11-2010, 01:48 PM   #819
derekw
Mouseketeer

Back from our CBR stay 10/28 thru 11/3. We got our room request Jamaica 45 very close to bus and OPR. Really enjoyed the resort very tropical and relaxing feel to it. Serene and quiet. Rooms decorated very nice and decent sized but after a few days felt somewhat cramped (but to get bigger need $$$.) Kids really enjoyed the pools (toddler pirate play area is great!) and also the beach areas. Food court in general was quite satisfying. Food court was HUGELY busy the day we checked in...but as free dining expired it was much less crowded. Bus service was pretty good and never had to wait more than 15 minutes to/from parks. Overall I'd rate POR just a slight tick higher as it had a more 'intimate' feel (plus boat to DTD) but would still recommend CBR. Want to check out CSR next time we visit.

Former Cast Member Store #311
14 Jun 14-29 Coronado Springs Resort + Off-site
10 Oct 28-Nov 8 Caribbean Beach Resort + Off-site
07 Port Orleans Riverside + Poly
04 Animal Kingdom Lodge + Off-site
02 Off-site
97 Wilderness Lodge & All-Star Sports

Last edited by derekw; 11-11-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:36 PM   #820
stuffed withfluff
Mouseketeer

pirate ship beds

i'm starting to get concerned. DM and I will be there 12/12-12/18 in the pirate room handicapped accessible and we have heard several complaints of not actually sleeping on mattresses, but on 5'' thick mats

...any info on this?
Old 11-12-2010, 01:03 AM   #821
Ariel on Land
DIS Veteran

I noticed there are a number of us that will be there next week-- just wanted to send some magical vacation vibes everyone's way Hope everyone has a great trip!!

1990-offsite, 1996-offsite, 2008-SOG, 2009-CBR, 2010-CBR, 2013- AoA, 2014-POP

Old 11-13-2010, 10:08 PM   #822
dis_guy
DIS Veteran

I'm at CBR now and thought I'd post a few impressions of our CBR experience so far.

DME was slower than last time. Arrival at MCO was at about 4:00 PM Nov. 11, Thursday. We waited about 10 mins before boarding the bus and there were a ton of people to be let off at Pop first so we were pushing the 90 minute (from plane to room) mark by the time we checked in. On the plus side our bag was in our room an hour after check-in.

Check-in was super fast as I did online check-in this time. I couldn't see any online check-in sign at the Custom House so I just went up to the counter and they had our package ready. We decided to add the charging function to our KTTW cards and this was quickly done.

We were given a king bedroom (an extra cost room category) in building 53. The room was clean, ready and still had a Hallowe'en towel creation beside the TV set! It was gone the second day.

I checked for BBs (both kinds, bed bugs and bounce backs) and found no evidence of either! The only offers in the room were the public ones you can get online. Dates only to Sept 29, 2011.

Next time we'll request our favourite building 56 as we were surprised at how unfamiliar CBR feels staying in an unfamiliar section even if it is only 3 buildings over from our usual location.

The worst crowds have been at Epcot (Food and Wine) and at DTD today (Festival of the Masters). The lightest crowds were last night at MMVCP after the fireworks as most people with small kids went home, leaving most everything open a walk on proposition. Finally tried Space Ranger Spin- just loved it!

That's all for now. maybe more later...
Old 11-13-2010, 11:29 PM   #823
lacy1101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffed withfluff View Post
i'm starting to get concerned. DM and I will be there 12/12-12/18 in the pirate room handicapped accessible and we have heard several complaints of not actually sleeping on mattresses, but on 5'' thick mats

...any info on this?
I just read something on this yesterday:

" Also available at a premium rate in the Trinidad South building are Pirate themed rooms. While these rooms will definitely appeal to young boys, you should be aware that the beds here are unusual in order to accommodate the bed frames. Beds in Pirate rooms consist of a box spring and 4" pillow top - but no mattress."

Came from the DIS resort page: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/resorts/cbr.htm

Old 11-13-2010, 11:32 PM   #824
lacy1101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis_guy View Post
I'm at CBR now and thought I'd post a few impressions of our CBR experience so far.

DME was slower than last time. Arrival at MCO was at about 4:00 PM Nov. 11, Thursday. We waited about 10 mins before boarding the bus and there were a ton of people to be let off at Pop first so we were pushing the 90 minute (from plane to room) mark by the time we checked in. On the plus side our bag was in our room an hour after check-in.

Check-in was super fast as I did online check-in this time. I couldn't see any online check-in sign at the Custom House so I just went up to the counter and they had our package ready. We decided to add the charging function to our KTTW cards and this was quickly done.

We were given a king bedroom (an extra cost room category) in building 53. The room was clean, ready and still had a Hallowe'en towel creation beside the TV set! It was gone the second day.

I checked for BBs (both kinds, bed bugs and bounce backs) and found no evidence of either! The only offers in the room were the public ones you can get online. Dates only to Sept 29, 2011.

Next time we'll request our favourite building 56 as we were surprised at how unfamiliar CBR feels staying in an unfamiliar section even if it is only 3 buildings over from our usual location.

The worst crowds have been at Epcot (Food and Wine) and at DTD today (Festival of the Masters). The lightest crowds were last night at MMVCP after the fireworks as most people with small kids went home, leaving most everything open a walk on proposition. Finally tried Space Ranger Spin- just loved it!

That's all for now. maybe more later...
Thanks for the report! We arrive on Wednesday - can't wait . . .

Old 11-14-2010, 11:07 AM   #825
musclemouse
DIS Veteran

I was concerned about the beds after reading this so I called.
I was transferred multiple times because no one seems to know. I got housekeeping and they confirmed that there IS a mattress. From what I understand though is that the mattress is about 4 inches thick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacy1101 View Post
I just read something on this yesterday:

" Also available at a premium rate in the Trinidad South building are Pirate themed rooms. While these rooms will definitely appeal to young boys, you should be aware that the beds here are unusual in order to accommodate the bed frames. Beds in Pirate rooms consist of a box spring and 4" pillow top - but no mattress."

Came from the DIS resort page: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/resorts/cbr.htm

Last edited by musclemouse; 11-14-2010 at 11:17 AM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: