Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2010, 11:29 PM   #76
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

When we got to Japan, we wandered into that big store that they have (Mitsukoshi, I think it's called). She was looking for Bakugan things for her DS, but with no success. We kept trying to stick to air conditioned things whenever we found some, so we went through the shops and that little armory display they have, and sat down for a couple minutes. I have old ankle and foot injuries, and they were really bugging me that afternoon.

We sat by that guy for a few minutes before leaving to continue on.

At Sharon's request, we went into the American Adventure. I hadn't been in there for a long time, but it was air conditioned and a long show.

Pooh and Eeyore enjoyed the AC just as much as we did!

I don't really like the American Adventure show. At least, not as much as I like the current Hall of Presidents show. I don't like that it skates over the negative parts of the history of the US. Such is life, I guess. Yay propaganda

After the US pavilion, we went to Italy!

I couldn't help it. I swear!

These were just gorgeous and I couldn't resist taking a picture for my mom.

After Italy, we went to Germany and headed straight for the one place that everyone who followed my PTR would know I was heading...

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DBF
Old 11-05-2010, 11:30 PM   #77
DisneyFirefly

KARAMELL KUCHE!

Oh my god, I love caramel I'd been wanting to go there since before it even OPENED.

After looking at everything they had available and finding no chocolate and caramel strawberries (), I settled on these:

The marshmallows were great, and the apple was excellent. The caramel was just so good and so creamy and sweet and GOD I WANT ANOTHER ONE!!!

Anyway.

Sharon had a piece of fudge, so it didn't take her as long to finish as it did me (I wanted to eat them both before the caramel melted and made a huge mess), so while I was finishing the apple, she wandered off to look at the crystal shop and take more pictures.

Once we were both done, we hopped on the boat across the lagoon to Future World.

I know we met Duffy Bear on the way to Future World, but I have no pics on my camera, just on Photopass. He was cute.

Sharon insisted that we stop at Club Cool to try Beverly, which was one of the few things I'd never done. I didn't like it, but she didn't get a picture of me making a face! Ha! Honestly, I think coffee is more bitter than that thing was. But I don't like coffee.

After Beverly, we headed for the giant golf ball, aka Spaceship Earth. I think Sharon said she'd never done it, but I may be wrong.

Pooh and Eeyore just liked hanging out.

After Spaceship Earth, we did another of franandaj's recommendations, the Universe of Energy with Ellen. I actually really enjoyed it, but have no pics. Then we headed up to the Festival Center so that Sharon could see if they had the cookbook she wanted. While she was browsing, I decided to reload my gift card.

When I was just about to open my bag, I realized that I'd left my debit card in my wallet in the safe in my room. At Pop. This was the cause of much amusement on Sharon's part, apparently. I decided to reload the gift card later, since I had no way of paying for it

When we finished in the Festival Center, we headed to Test Track. We were originally going to wait until Sharon's DH got there, and I'm not sure why we didn't.

I got that for my dad. The picture, not the car. He'd love me forever if I got him that car.

After Test Track, I was getting hungry again and decided that I was done with the F&W except for one pavilion, so I wanted to go to get something to eat. We decided to just go to Electric Umbrella since it was close by and near the front of the park so we could meet Sharon's DH.

Cheeseburger and fries, fruit cup, and I think that was a lemonade. I didn't get another fruit cup after this. The grapes were always terrible. The only good grapes I had all trip were at Crystal Palace.

After that, with Sharon's DH in tow, we headed back to the World Showcase, this time starting on the Mexico side.

I don't have much commentary on some bits of this, since I don't remember what all they had.

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DBF
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2010, 11:31 PM   #78
DisneyFirefly

I think this was from the South Africa booth, but I don't remember.

I know this was.

This was mine. It was the last thing I'd wanted at the F&W (at least that I felt like eating on the day). Apfel Strudel and Nurnberger Sausage on a pretzel roll, both from Germany. I loved them both! I want the pretzel roll again!

After this, I think we stopped at one more booth that I don't have a picture of and then we headed out to the front of World Showcase. They wanted to go ride Soarin', so I found a fireworks spot. I got bit to pieces by some sort of bug that was there, but I'm not sure what kind.

I like Illuminations, but honestly? I like Wishes better.

The original plan was to head over to MK for EMH after Illuminations, but that changed when Sharon remembered that she and her DH had promised their DS they'd get him a Build-A-Dino from T-Rex. So, considering that and the fact that my ankles were killing me (yay old injuries), we parted ways for the night. They walked over to the International Gateway to go to one of the Epcot hotels and take the bus from there, and I headed back to Pop. I stopped in Everything Pop to get a couple of bags to make ice packs out of, then went to the ice machine, and then my room.

I found this waiting for me in the window:

I'm still not sure if it's a turkey or a swan, but it had my glow stick

After taking a picture of that, I put it back in the window, fixed my ice packs, and laid down on the bed to watch TV for a while. I think I fell asleep around 11:30 or 12. Not really sure, though.

Me DBF
Old 11-05-2010, 11:36 PM   #79
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Why I am posting pictures up when you thought I was picking on you ! I can't believe it!

As I recall it, you VOLUNTEERED to eat the salmon...I only reminded you that you had told Alison and me that you hadn't ever eaten it...nor Creme Brulee....nor Lobster...nor Scallops!

And it was Marie...

...before the warm (so wrong) Brulee

We should have bought one from the Boulangerie in France instead!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
Old 11-05-2010, 11:44 PM   #80
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
My alarm was set for 3, but I woke up a little early

Quote:
Agree! Speaking of McDonald's, we stopped there for dinner tonight (again) and I thought I ordered a Quarter Pounder and instead it was a DOUBLE Quarter Pounder! UGh and it was so greasy and oily I'm thinking I won't need chapstick again for at least a week. Why do I keep eating that stuff when everytime I do, I regret it?
Because it's addictive. I think it's actually been proven that there's something in fast food that makes it addictive. Not sure what, though.

Quote:
I can never get a pic of the entrance from the DME bus!!
That was the first time I rode DME, and I sat in the very front row so I could get the picture!

Quote:
O

M

G

!
!
!

That strawberry looks so good!!!!!
It was really good! It was perfect!

Quote:
I ate Fish & Chips at least twice on our trip! I love it and Lumar hates fish so I never eat it here at home. It's one of my favorites!
I'd never had it before and actually don't like fish, so I was surprised that I liked it!

Quote:
Yup...going to Raglan Road just for this!
You won't be disappointed!

Quote:
I write down the times too! I don't know why since I don't think anyone really cares about exact times. It helps me to remember what we did though, if I can picture the time of day I guess....
I think I stopped doing it on Monday, actually. I wish I'd kept up with it, but I kept forgetting to do it!

Quote:
Just so you know, we now have to wait to hear them every.....single.....time....we ride!

Quote:

What was he saying?! "wanna see my glow stick?"
Sorry, Brad, but that story was hilarious. I so would have grabbed that thing and launched it somewhere. Like maybe onto I-4...
I think it was "Look, it's a disco ball!" which was almost my TR title

Quote:
You forgot about the CHEESE SAUCE! I'll be talking about it in my TR when I get to this day! I just got my PP CD yesterday...I love the pics from this night! And yes, those sandwiches were just unnecessarily large. I couldn't even bite into it like a normal human being.
I did! Oh well I looked at the pics from that night online, and they're great, but I haven't finished my Photopass edits yet. I might finish them tonight. Not sure. Those sandwiches were so huge omg.

Quote:
I don't even think I washed my face. I should have, but I'm pretty sure I took my contacts out and fell right to sleep. As a matter of fact, now that I'm thinking about it....I never even pulled the covers over me! I remember waking up and being freezing cold!
I'm trying to remember if I washed my face or not... I don't think I did, actually. I definitely got under the covers, though. I can't sleep if I'm too cold.

Quote:
I love Mrs. Potts' Cupboard! I stop there for ice cream at least once on every trip!
When I worked in Fantasyland, I'd take off my uniform top (I usually had a tank top underneath) and go buy ice cream on my break

Quote:
Ummmmmm....What is this???? It looks splendiferous!
That would be the ice cream bomb at Tony's! It was really good!

Quote:
Yeah, I think I'm stealing some of these, too! And I only fed Piglet the ham sandwich because 1) I felt like a bigger pig than him for eating that monstrous thing, and 2) people always say they feel bad eating sausage in front of Piglet at CP...and this is my way of saying "I don't!"
Go right ahead and steal away I can send you a zip file or something with the original files, if you like!

Me DBF
Old 11-05-2010, 11:45 PM   #81
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Why I am posting pictures up when you thought I was picking on you ! I can't believe it!

As I recall it, you VOLUNTEERED to eat the salmon...I only reminded you that you had told Alison and me that you hadn't ever eaten it...nor Creme Brulee....nor Lobster...nor Scallops!

And it was Marie...

...before the warm (so wrong) Brulee

We should have bought one from the Boulangerie in France instead!
Oh, you know I'm teasing! I did like the salmon, though. Maybe it was the glaze.

So creme brulee is supposed to be cold, then? I obviously have no idea

Me DBF
Old 11-05-2010, 11:46 PM   #82
PrincessInOz
in

It was a hot afternoon, not too humid. Japan was nice and cool.

SHE did it! I only recorded the fact...

Really hot arvo. I was glad to sit and (un)fortunately SLEEP during the show. It must have been sleeping time in Oz.

That toffee apple!

And marshmallow stick

My snack? Well, you'll need to check out my TR for that! (Shameless self-promotion )

This is what I got of Duffy....we must have just relied on Photopass.

Doing a GREAT job at not reacting after drinking Beverly. I'm glad I had the camera and not her!

These will also make an appearance on my TR (when I get up to this point).

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 11-05-2010, 11:51 PM   #83
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
It was a hot afternoon, not too humid. Japan was nice and cool.

SHE did it! I only recorded the fact...

Really hot arvo. I was glad to sit and (un)fortunately SLEEP during the show. It must have been sleeping time in Oz.

That toffee apple!

And marshmallow stick

My snack? Well, you'll need to check out my TR for that! (Shameless self-promotion )

This is what I got of Duffy....we must have just relied on Photopass.

Doing a GREAT job at not reacting after drinking Beverly. I'm glad I had the camera and not her!

These will also make an appearance on my TR (when I get up to this point).

Oddly enough, I really like the picture of me post-Beverly! I love your pictures, though! Thank you for posting them over here!

Me DBF
Old 11-06-2010, 01:53 AM   #84
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Remind me to be careful with Princess in Oz, she will catch you in all kinds of poses that you do not realize!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 11-06-2010, 01:59 AM   #85
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Remind me to be careful with Princess in Oz, she will catch you in all kinds of poses that you do not realize!
Tell me about it Some of the ones she got of me, I really like and think I actually look good in them! Others? Not so much

Me DBF
Old 11-06-2010, 08:50 AM   #86
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Great update! So many pictures! I can't wait to go to the Food and Wine fest after seeing all those pics! And the caramel shop...mmmmm!!! I'm going to have such a hard time deciding what to get there!

I can't believe you haven't done Soarin before this trip! I LOVE Soarin, I have to do it as many times as possible!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 11-06-2010, 05:04 PM   #87
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

A caramel store...o man! loved getting a glimpse of all the little treats from F&W...the photos from spaceship earth are great, totally forgot to take ours!

had my most lol moment ever whilst reading trip reports when you sneaked in that photo of pooh stuffed in the face on the wall!
Old 11-06-2010, 05:05 PM   #88
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Ask and ye shall receive...

Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 11-06-2010, 05:10 PM   #89
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
Tell me about it Some of the ones she got of me, I really like and think I actually look good in them! Others? Not so much
HEY! I heard that!

Old 11-06-2010, 08:25 PM   #90
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

Yay! I loved your Epcot updates!

That F&W festival food looks so amazing! I will never forgive myself for being at Epcot in 2007 during the F&W festival and NOT SAMPLING A SINGLE THING. Shame on me and my lack of Disney knowledge!

I love that Sharon is adding pics to your TR! I like getting to see what you were up to along with what your were seeing from behind your camera!

O.M.G. I have to get to that caramel place NOW. I remember when you texted me that picture of the caramel apple I almost dropped dead from jealousy. I am definitely going there in December!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: