Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2010, 09:10 AM   #106
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Tangierene Cafe/Food & Wine Booths

One of Geoff's favorite places to eat is Tangierene Cafe in Morocco. He loves the Shwarma dish.

Before getting to Morocco, we stumbled across the French F&W kiosk. And decided some adult beverage would be nice:

We got the Pomegranate Kir & Cosmo Slush. I fell in love with the Cosmo Slush and think I got 2 more before the end of our trip I've always loved the Pomegranate Kir (and you can get this at the Champagne stand in France any time of year...it's not always on the menu though.)

After getting our beverages, we headed over to Morocco where Geoff & I split a platter for lunch (they're huge!) This is our combo plate:

I'm not a huge fan of the salad & couscous, but Geoff loves it, so we got a side of humos for me:

We absolutely love this place. Wonderful, fresh food. I really can't recommend it enough! Overall I give it a 10/10, like usual

After lunch it was time for one more beverage, at Belgium:

This was good, but a little small for the price.
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:36 AM   #107
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

How I love that Comso Slush!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2010, 10:48 AM   #108
dekkerdisneydreamer
Raising Disneyholics one at a time!

I cannot wait to get the Pomegranate Kir! It looks so tasty! Morocco is one of my favorite places, too! The food is always so fresh and flavorful!

Bummer about the Dessert Party. I'm glad the view was great!

dekkerdisneydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:58 PM   #109
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

I keep hearing so many good things about the Tangerine cafe!

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
basketlacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:29 PM   #110
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I'm on the fence too about the Wishes Dessert party for my trip next year. I'm also having a hard time figuring out how to fit it in my schedule.

That combo plate from Tangerine Cafe looked pretty good...what all was on there?
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:23 PM   #111
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

We did the Dessert party a couple of weeks ago and I wasn't impressed. You still have to stand up at the railing 15 minutes before Wishes starts to be able to see. The desserts were ok but we found that the CM's were clearing everyone's plates while we were watching the show. Very rude people trying to take chairs and use them to sit by the railing. I won't be spending that kind of money again.

Jill in CO
Old 11-01-2010, 11:19 PM   #112
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Those slushes look really good.

I'm not so sure about the food; Mark might like it, but I don't like hummus and I'm not sure I'd care for any of that other stuff (I'm very plain and ordinary in my tastes in most cases). Maybe I'll tell Mark to give it a try the next time we are there.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:28 PM   #113
Macsfiveplus1
Earning My Ears

I love the reviews. I actually forgot my password for here and had to get it sent to me. I was waiting to see what day you would get your corn dog nuggets.

Can't wait for your Jiko review.
Macsfiveplus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:07 PM   #114
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis_Yoda View Post
How I love that Comso Slush!
They should add it as a permanent item along with the other slushies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekkerdisneydreamer View Post
I cannot wait to get the Pomegranate Kir! It looks so tasty! Morocco is one of my favorite places, too! The food is always so fresh and flavorful!

Bummer about the Dessert Party. I'm glad the view was great!
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed myself at the dessert party...I'm just not sure I'd go again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
I keep hearing so many good things about the Tangerine cafe!
It's really, really tasty. It's also pretty mild as far as being adventurous is concerned. You should definitely give it a try!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I'm on the fence too about the Wishes Dessert party for my trip next year. I'm also having a hard time figuring out how to fit it in my schedule.

That combo plate from Tangerine Cafe looked pretty good...what all was on there?
I wouldn't go out of my way to book the dessert party. It's nice to have the designated area for Wishes, and the desserts were tasty...it's just soooo much sugar!

The meats were taken off a spit. There's lamb (the darker meat) and chicken. There's also Tahini with it, sometimes it's on top of the meat, this time it was on the side. Then a Taboulah Salad (which is parsley and such), a cold couscous salad, humos, and bread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
We did the Dessert party a couple of weeks ago and I wasn't impressed. You still have to stand up at the railing 15 minutes before Wishes starts to be able to see. The desserts were ok but we found that the CM's were clearing everyone's plates while we were watching the show. Very rude people trying to take chairs and use them to sit by the railing. I won't be spending that kind of money again.

Jill in CO
Oh we were lucky then, no one got in our way, we were able to sit right at the table! Maybe it helped that I snarled at people as they walked by (kidding.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Those slushes look really good.

I'm not so sure about the food; Mark might like it, but I don't like hummus and I'm not sure I'd care for any of that other stuff (I'm very plain and ordinary in my tastes in most cases). Maybe I'll tell Mark to give it a try the next time we are there.
He should try it, and you can just take a bite! It's not that adventurous really. Geoff wanted it last year, and I figured if I didn't like it, I could head down to Sommerfest for a Brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macsfiveplus1 View Post
I love the reviews. I actually forgot my password for here and had to get it sent to me. I was waiting to see what day you would get your corn dog nuggets.

Can't wait for your Jiko review.
Hi Macs!! Of course I got my Corn Dog Nuggets
Old 11-05-2010, 07:25 PM   #115
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Raglan Road

Prior to this trip, we had never been to Raglan Road. I had heard excellent things on the DIS and decided we needed to try it...good thing I'm the planner

To start, we had the App Sampler for 2...
Quote:
Appetizer D'Lirrah for Two - our Dalkey Battered Sausages, Georges Bank Scallops, Guinness Glazed Ribs, and Chicken Lickin' Skewers
I didn't take a picture of it, sorry! I can't believe how much food was included...and it was meant for 2 people! I thought it was the perfect size for the four of us

Sorry for the picture quality, I didn't use flash. To drink, Geoff & my Dad both got a beer sampler, my Mom got a Cider sampler. They all looked something like this:

They were all empty at the end of the meal, so I guess they were enjoyed

For dinner, I had the Goats Town:
Goats Town - Irish goats cheese terrine made with sauteed garlic, shallots, ****ake mushrooms in an herb and breadcrumb crust served with a berry compote and mixed greens

I have a real thing for goat cheese, and I didn't want anything super heavy, so I decided to go with the salad. There were a couple of salads that looked really good! This one really hit the spot for me. The goat cheese was nice and creamy, the flavor was spot on.

Geoff had the Raglan Risotto...with chicken:
Raglan Risotto - Risotto with shiitake mushrooms, garden peas, shaved parmesan, and rocket lettuce.

He liked it, but would probably try something else next time. They were out of a pork loin that he wanted.

My Mom had the Pie in the Sky:
Pie in the Sky - reach new heights with our chicken and wild mushroom pie served with a rocket lettuce salad

She was expecting arugula, so she was a little disappointed in that, but she totally cleaned her plate, so I guess it didn't bug her too much!

My Dad had the Bangers & Mash:
Bangers and Booz - Guinness and onion bangers on mash, topped with caramelized onions and beef stew

He really loved this. Another plate cleaned!

For dessert we got 2 to share, the Bread & Butter Pudding and the Dunbrody Kiss.

Menu:

Ger's Bread & Butter Pudding - Like no other pudding you have ever tried. Believe us

One of the little pots has a vanilla sauce, the other? Melted butter. I mean honestly, can you get any better than that?

Dunbrody Kiss - Chef Dundon's gift to America. Chocolate. Add chocolate. Then add some more.

If you're a chocolate lover, you'll love this!

Overall: 10/10. We loved Raglan Road, super glad we finally tried it. Service was some of the best we'd received all trip. Food was excellent. Highly recommend it. (Funny story: the table next to us had about 8. They all ordered fish & chips )

Old 11-05-2010, 08:37 PM   #116
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post

For dinner, I had the Goats Town:
Goats Town - Irish goats cheese terrine made with sauteed garlic, shallots, ****ake mushrooms in an herb and breadcrumb crust served with a berry compote and mixed greens

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post

My Dad had the Bangers & Mash:
Bangers and Booz - Guinness and onion bangers on mash, topped with caramelized onions and beef stew

He really loved this. Another plate cleaned!
This looks WONDERFUL! I love Bangers & Mash!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:47 PM   #117
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post

This looks WONDERFUL! I love Bangers & Mash!
I saw it and was debating editing, but decided it was funnier if I didn't fix the censor
Old 11-05-2010, 10:18 PM   #118
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Your meal at Raglan looks really good. I've always strayed away from it because one of my good friends here ate there and said it was really awful (perhaps she hit it on a bad night?). I've been reading more and more good reviews of it lately.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:51 AM   #119
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Your meal at Raglan looks really good. I've always strayed away from it because one of my good friends here ate there and said it was really awful (perhaps she hit it on a bad night?). I've been reading more and more good reviews of it lately.
We had a great meal, I'd definitely check it out!
Old 11-07-2010, 07:59 AM   #120
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Backlot Express

I don't think it's any big secret that the Quick Service options at HS are a little lacking. We found ourselves looking for lunch at HS and used Geoff's handy dandy iPhone (the Undercover Tourist App) to pull up menus. We decided on Backlot Express.

My Mom was with us, so we split 2 sandwiches 3 ways.

This was the grilled turkey & cheese with arugula and red peppers. Mine was without the peppers (they're gross!) I think this will become our go-to lunch at HS. It was pretty darn tasty and easily the best QS meal I've had at HS.

Overall: 9/10. I wish there were a few more options at HS that were as good as this was!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: