Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 04:16 PM   #61
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise79 View Post
Thanks

With regard to check in I was wondering how early the club level CMs start checking in upstairs.

We stayed at BLT in May so am very familiar with the contemporary just want to make sure we get the full club level experience as it is likely to be the only time we get to do it

Bell services will have all our luggage as we will get them to collect it from us at BLT to move it to the Tower.

Also if I talked to lobby conceige do you think I would be able to speak to the lounge CMs the day before our CL check in to order the monorail?
The Club Level Cast Members start each day at 7:00 AM.

I guess you can try speaking to the Lobby Concierge Cast Members or try calling Room Service from your room and see what they say.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:41 PM   #62
dragonfly57005
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMinnie1971 View Post
The resort was extremely crowded..
I found it to be overly crowded too when I was there in late September. It was unnerving to be that packed in with everyone.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2010, 08:06 PM   #63
hill6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Personally since online check-in has started we never used it because once we arrive a Cast Member has always been there to meet us at the main entrance, who then takes us up to our floor so we can check-in and it's a very fast process.

As for taking food back to your room there is no problems doing that, although unless you are taking something hot back by the time you get there it could get could. Of course instead of walking all the way back to the elevator you can take the stairs all the way to outside of where the Garden Suites are located, because they are located closer to the lounge.

Thanks for the info. The steps definitely sound like a good option for the return trip (not on the up trip though the knees only like one or two flights). Make us think we are on a cruise (always take stairs down).

The Dark Side May 8-10.

Villas at Wilderness Lodge May 10-14
Bay Lake Tower May 14-15. Hoping for last night at Wilderness Lodge
Old 10-30-2010, 10:10 PM   #64
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hill6 View Post
Thanks for the info. The steps definitely sound like a good option for the return trip (not on the up trip though the knees only like one or two flights). Make us think we are on a cruise (always take stairs down).
You're welcome.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:29 PM   #65
micheleq
DIS Veteran

Yc cl 10/24-10/30

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share my experience at YC CL. First, I have to say I am glad we stayed at the YC and on the CL. We had a Water View room and a great view of Stormalong Bay and could see the tops of the Illuminations fireworks at night.

YC is a beautiful resort, I like the understated theme and decor. The Yachtsman is one of our favorite restaurants and did not disappoint on this trip. Fantastic service and food. We also ate at Captain's Grill (buffet breakfast) and Cape May (dinner) and were pleased with those experiences as well.

The offerings in the lounge were great, perfect for a quick bite in the mornings, drinks and cookies during the day, and a drink and small dessert at night.

Here's my complaint -- overall service by staff. We had one excellent CM who got us into the Yachtsman on short notice, and when it looked like that might not happen he gave us alternatives, promised to call once the restaurant opened, and got us in. The rest of the CMs were very nice, but didn't seem as knowledgeable or helpful.

My next CM experience wasn't bad, it was just mediocre. Again, I was looking to get an ADR for that night (which I know can be a challenge), specifically looking for something in World Showcase. I asked her to check in Japan. Both booked solid. Ok, so I waited for another suggestion. Nothing. She was ready to be done with me. I saw a few bags behind the desk and asked if mine was there -- I made a purchase in Epcot the day before. It wasn't and I realized that the CM in the park didn't put my room number on the receipt. The CL CM told me I'd have to go to the gift shop to get my purchase. Not a big deal, but it's the CL? I think it would have been nice if she had offered to get it for me? Or even called the gift shop to see if it could be sent up?

And, we walked in to Toyko Dining that night with no ADR, sat down in a half-empty restaurant, and had a wonderful meal. I'm glad I didn't listen to that CM! THe first CM told me that your best chance of walking into a rest. w/o an ADR was between 5-5:45 when there are alot of no-shows.

Mousekeeping in the mornings and at turndown was great. Spotless room, nice towel animals for the kids. But when we had a toilet overflow and called for assistance, we had to wait 15 minutes for maintenance. I used every towel in the room to try and stop the water from getting onto the carpet. When the maint. guy called for Mousekeeping they told him they were all in a meeting! Toilet water is flowing out of the bathroom and that isn't urgent? We couldn't use the toilet or shower that morning (it was 7:30 am on our first morning), got no word from a manager or CL CM, no apology for the delay.

I met a TA at the end of the week and she said she had some similar issues at YC CL. Nothing was really bad, just mediocre in terms of service. BWI and the Contemporary were the CLs her son suggested we try next time.

I wouldn't discourage anyone from staying at YC, but just be aware of the service issues. It's a great resort, access to Epcot and the Boardwalk is great, access to good restaurants nearby (Yachtsman, the Swan and Dolphin restaurants) and wonderful rooms make it a good choice. Everyone is friendly, but I didn't think that everyone was well trained in customer service. I mentioned all this (good & bad) in our check out survey that we did in the lobby before getting on the Magical Express bus.

Thanks to everyone on this board and the mods for all the great CL info.! It really helped me in my planning.

CB 1/01 SSR 12/08 YC-CL 10/11 SSR 11/14 VGF 1/15
Magic Western Caribbean 2/12
Wonder Easter 3/13 Western Caribbean
Fantasy Easter 4/14 Eastern Caribbean
DL PPH-CL 8/13
Old 11-02-2010, 08:03 PM   #66
hill6
DIS Veteran

Just called the Itinerary Planning Number today and booked the Wildlife Discovery Excursion. Call was quick and efficient. I was impressed that I received an email confirmation detailing my entire itinerary complete with all dining info. Only one thing was wrong. Our lunch was listed as a party of 2 instead of 4. It was ok as I was calling to move it to be a bit later since it is the same day we are doing the excursion.

I was impressed with the planner.

The Dark Side May 8-10.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:30 PM   #67
clemsondisneyfan
We are a family of 4 and we love to visit the Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Subscribing to the new thread and I would also like to thank RachelTori for everything she did on the previous Club Level thread and to thank PolyDec2008 for continuing on with the new Club Level thread.
Thanks from me too! I am looking forward to following the new thread.
tween son
Old 11-04-2010, 12:52 PM   #68
Karlzmom
DIS Veteran

This is a shameless bump....can't have this theard on page 2!

I can't believe I am STILL questioning my choice to go with the BWI...never had such a hard time with my YC decision...why oh why can't the YC be available?
AKV 2012, 2013 & 2014 BWV 2013
Disney Wonder to Alaska 2014
Back to Alaska on the Wonder in 2015

KATIE Yes, I'm the Jeopardy! champ......
Old 11-04-2010, 03:22 PM   #69
clemsondisneyfan
We are a family of 4 and we love to visit the Mouse!

Quote:
Just called the Itinerary Planning Number today and booked the Wildlife Discovery Excursion.
They asked us if we wanted to book that, but I told them not at that time. We have never done it before. Have you? I've got a 15 yr old and a 9 yr old.

Going in April 2011
CR MK view, 1 BR suite
tween son
Old 11-04-2010, 04:16 PM   #70
npierce25
Mouseketeer

Hi, we are staying AKL CL feb 5th-13th 2011. I think we bit off more than we can chew, and my husband is still laid off. we are trying everything in the world to keep our trip. we are thinking of changing a spilt stay with a mod like POFQ for the first 4 nights and keeping our current reservation for the last 4 nights. So, my question is, can you do a room only reservation for CL? I would prefer to upgrade mid trip, not down grade the room, so it would be easier to get our tickets and stuff with the moderate part of the trip.

thanks for your help!

also, if you do room only, can you still add the dining plan to a room only reservation?
Old 11-04-2010, 04:36 PM   #71
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by npierce25 View Post
Hi, we are staying AKL CL feb 5th-13th 2011. I think we bit off more than we can chew, and my husband is still laid off. we are trying everything in the world to keep our trip. we are thinking of changing a spilt stay with a mod like POFQ for the first 4 nights and keeping our current reservation for the last 4 nights. So, my question is, can you do a room only reservation for CL? I would prefer to upgrade mid trip, not down grade the room, so it would be easier to get our tickets and stuff with the moderate part of the trip.

thanks for your help!

also, if you do room only, can you still add the dining plan to a room only reservation?
I can't help w/ dining plan, since we don't do, but can answer other part. Yes, you can do a room-only reservation for CL. We stayed Poly CL in Sept and needed to change our dates. In the process, we added one day to our stay. The original package was able to shift but we needed to add a single night room-only reservation for the last night (bc of the PIN we used). Kept the same CL room throughout, just needed new KTTW cards for the last night.

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
Old 11-04-2010, 07:16 PM   #72
emum
An old salt re-living her youth through Disney

Hi All - I'm sure it's been posted before, but after a quick answer - would I be able to ship some packaged commercial sweets/lollies to the BWI prior to our stay ? Would I need to attention it to Concierge level, or just to main check-in, or where ?

As it's coming from an international address, I'm not sure how far in advance it may arrive, either... is this likely to be a problem ?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Sally
A Month of Disney - completed 2010/11 ....Part 1 - GCH CL 12/25 - 12/29; Part 2 - BWI CL 12/29 - 1/6; Part 3 - Disney Wonder Panama Canal Repo Cruise 1/6 - 1/21; April 2012 - 20th Wedding Anniversary - 4 nights Waikiki, 4 nights Waikoloa (Big Island), and 9 nights Aulani

DVC Members at Aulani since January 2011
July 2013 - Disneyland and Alaska Disney Wonder cruise booked
December 2014 / January 2015 - Undecided, but will do something before DD1 heads off to university

Old 11-04-2010, 09:10 PM   #73
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by npierce25 View Post

thanks for your help!

You can book CL as room only but you can't just change a package to a room only. You need to rebook as room only and cancel package reservation. You might find it hard to book AKL CL as room only with a discount.

You can only do DDP with a package. You have to have an annual pass to be able to book DDP package without park tickets.

Good luck!
Old 11-04-2010, 09:22 PM   #74
hill6
DIS Veteran

When I look at the pictures of the CL for the Boardwalk, I didn't see any cranberry juice. Is it available?

The Dark Side May 8-10.

Old 11-04-2010, 11:28 PM   #75
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When I look at the pictures of the CL for the Boardwalk, I didn't see any cranberry juice. Is it available?
I don't remember seeing it when I was there this past August.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: