Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2010, 03:40 PM   #1
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Chilly 4.0 The Quadrilogy - Day 4

Tuesday 28th September 2010

As I knew we'd be out late last night today i'd booked a late breakfast ADR at Ohana. We had this planned on our wedding trip but didn't make it due to the fact that I was sick. This time Mike was sick well hungover, so we gave it a miss again. I let DH go back to sleep and wrote up last nights antics for my TR, after a bit I get hungry so pop over to the food court for something to eat, I get a croissant for myself and a muffin for DH in case he is hungry.

Around noon we set off for the Boardwalk area, first stop Mini Golf at Fantasia. I start off really well with some great long putts but towards the end it all goes wrong and DH wins, we are both under par which is good.

We go over to the Beach Club to try out Beaches & Cream, it takes us ages to find it, it really is hidden away. Its pretty empty but there is loads of staff, probably about 2 staff to every customer. I get the pink lemonade just because its pink but I don't like it, I opt for the burger which it claims they are famous for, it was pretty poor though, DH gets the chicken noodle soup which is perfect for his delicate stomach. We share the fudge mud slide and DH is gobsmacked by how big it is. A lot gets left as DH doesn't have much.

BEFORE

AFTER

We have a look around the Beach Club shop then head back to the hotel for a swim. By the time we sort ourselves out it is quite a bit cooler and there are some black clouds in the distance. The pool is not very warm but we swim a bit and I have a couple of goes down the slide. We aren't there for that long when they close the pool. We head back to the room and we are only there minutes when it starts to chuck down with rain. We check out the weather report and its not looking good for MNSSHP tonight. We go over to the food court to get something to eat, I try chicken alfredo with salad, DH gets the jambalaya. The weather is still awful so we go to guest services to see if we can switch days which we can. I get a text from Meryll to say she has switched their tickets as well, sadly Lori isn't able to switch hers. It actually ends up stopping raining about 8pm so we could have gone.

We decide to go to DTD and see a film but nothing that's on interests us so what else is there to do but hit the shops. In WoD I get the things my Dad asked for, prizes for the quiz i'm hosting this month, and I get some charms for my new Pandora plus a few other things. I look longingly at the D&B bags but DH says I have to wait and see how much money we have left at the end of the trip. Next stop is the pin store where I get some more pins.

Back to the hotel for an early night.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:56 AM   #2
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Another great update - shame about DHs hangover
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2010, 01:17 PM   #3
irongirlof12
Am I the only one who loves Quorn Sausages?
I would love to be at Ghiradelli's ice cream parlour with a massive choc sundae

shame you didn't make O'hana's it's my fav. I would lve t try a sundae at beaches n cream
Old 11-03-2010, 01:59 PM   #4
SusanEllen
DIS Veteran

Shock and shock again about Beaches & Cream. The times I've been there I've never seen it empty. What time was it? And the hamburger--poor?!! I've always gotten a superior burger at B&C and even accounting for differences in our taste, I am sadly surprised that they produced a poor burger. It must have been a truly off day. With hundreds of places to eat at WDW I rarely give a place that performs so poorly as that a second chance, but I hate it that you missed experiencing something so many of us have enjoyed. Oh, well, it doesn't seem to have spoiled your day, so good for you.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:47 PM   #5
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanEllen View Post
Shock and shock again about Beaches & Cream. The times I've been there I've never seen it empty. What time was it? And the hamburger--poor?!! I've always gotten a superior burger at B&C and even accounting for differences in our taste, I am sadly surprised that they produced a poor burger. It must have been a truly off day. With hundreds of places to eat at WDW I rarely give a place that performs so poorly as that a second chance, but I hate it that you missed experiencing something so many of us have enjoyed. Oh, well, it doesn't seem to have spoiled your day, so good for you.
not sure of the time, probably arrived between 1:30pm and 2pm.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:24 PM   #6
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!

Shame you didn't enjoy Beaches all that much, we've always enjoyed our meals there - although admittedly, the last couple of times we've just had the ice cream!

It's funny how we did the exact same thing this night but didn't run into each other - cancelled MNSSHP, went to DTD, found there wasn't a film on we fancied, shopped...

WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

meryll83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:49 PM   #7
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by meryll83 View Post
It's funny how we did the exact same thing this night but didn't run into each other - cancelled MNSSHP, went to DTD, found there wasn't a film on we fancied, shopped...
I saw you - I ran in the other direction
Old 11-03-2010, 04:50 PM   #8
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

I forgot to post these 2 photos...

Old 11-03-2010, 08:55 PM   #9
SusanEllen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
not sure of the time, probably arrived between 1:30pm and 2pm.
Ahhhh, well that makes sense--prime park time. I'll have to remember that if I want a B&C w/o a wait.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:41 PM   #10
mark&sue
I keep trying to convert everybody, but they just don't want to be converted
I can only get a tag if its near the weekend. a monday, tuesday and some wednesdays are definately no tag days

Good of Disney to let you swap your night. Shame there was not a film you wanted to see, but shopping sounds just as good

susan
Oct 1992: off site - April 1998: Dixie Landings - Oct 1999: DL California - Oct 2000: Grosvenor Resort - Oct 2001: POFQ - Dec 2001:Disneyland Hotel - Oct 2003: Davy Crockets Cabins - Oct 2004: Grand Floridian -May 2005: SSR (DVC) & HRH - Oct 2005: New York Hotel - Oct 2006: SSR and BCV (DVC) - Aug 2007: SSR (DVC) and 1st Disney Cruise - July 2008: Sequoia Lodge - July 2010: Treehouse Villas - Sequoia Lodge: Oct 2010 - April 2011 Treehouse Villas/Portofino Bay
2012/13: Several trips to our Dream holiday Home in Spain
mark&sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 10:01 AM   #11
suzycute
DIS Veteran

You did well getting round Fantasia mini golf in under par - I'm usually double par!!
Old 11-06-2010, 11:26 AM   #12
DISWolves
Dreams really can come true !!!!

We did Fantasia for the first time this year.....great!
Pity about MNSSHP......but something to look forward to later
The sundae looks good at B&C. Did anyone have a kitchen sink while you were there?
WOD - I always seem to loose my bearing in there
DISWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:10 PM   #13
Jets fan
DIS Veteran

Just caught up on your fab trip report Claire. Those cocktails looked and sounded delicious. Looking forward to the next day

Tina
Jets fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:23 PM   #14
Tinks1984
We're having a mini party!
I couldn't believe how many there was in the bag!

Another great day Claire, glad to see your DH seemed to recover during the day too! That ice cream is just HUGE! I always say I'm going to visit Beeches when I'm there and then never get around to it, maybe next trip - and hope I catch them on a good cooking day!
Tinks1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 06:23 PM   #15
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISWolves View Post
The sundae looks good at B&C. Did anyone have a kitchen sink while you were there?
WOD - I always seem to loose my bearing in there
No one had a kitchen sink sadly, I wanted to get one but it seemed a waste of money, maybe another year.

I'm not too bad in WoD, I got lost in Mousegear once though.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: