Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2010, 12:56 PM   #91
choirchic
DIS Veteran

Great Posts! Keep em coming!
Old 10-27-2010, 05:01 PM   #92
Pooh&OurHunny
DIS Veteran

Great update
Dole whip is my son favorite snacks

Grand Floridian (son 1st Disney Trip) May & October2007
Swan Feb 2008
AKL May 2008
Swan & CSR December 2010
Pooh&OurHunny is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2010, 04:19 PM   #93
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthtatty View Post
great reviews

Think we might have to try Caseys next time.
Thanks! The Corn Dog Nuggets are where it's at!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekkerdisneydreamer View Post
Oh how I love you and want you to be mine!!! The last time I had this it was freezing cold outside, so I can imagine how this hits the spot on a very hot day. Sigh.
It really does hit the spot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirchic View Post
Great Posts! Keep em coming!
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh&OurHunny View Post
Great update
Dole whip is my son favorite snacks
It's hard not to like a dole whip
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:23 PM   #94
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Mark is going to have to try one of those Dole Whips on the next trip (I'm not a pineapple person so I will skip it, but I think he will like it).

I'm with Geoff on the tomatos -- poison.

Glad you enjoyed Casey's. Unfortunately, neither one of us likes corn dogs and I can't eat hot dogs (I love them, but they don't love me anymore).
Old 10-28-2010, 04:25 PM   #95
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Cosmic Ray's-Dinner

We decided to hit Cosmic Ray's for dinner. Nothing fancy, but we both wanted chicken.

I got the adult chicken nuggets with fries:

I was kind of surprised by this. The nuggets were hot, fresh, & moist! Very tasty! Really hit the spot that night. Plus they had honey mustard to dip them in!

Geoff just had a plain ol' chicken sandwich:

Again, nothing fancy, but it hit the spot for him. He came back from the fixins bar with only lettuce

Overall: 8/10. Not the best food I've ever eaten, but for what it was, it was pretty good. Everything was hot & fresh, so I guess I can't ask for much more!
Old 10-28-2010, 04:46 PM   #96
dekkerdisneydreamer
Raising Disneyholics one at a time!

Chicken nuggets are usually a staple in my park diet if we don't get TS because I don't eat red meat, and these are really good! The french fries look decent, too!

Looking forward to more food!

dekkerdisneydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:56 PM   #97
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Mark is going to have to try one of those Dole Whips on the next trip (I'm not a pineapple person so I will skip it, but I think he will like it).

I'm with Geoff on the tomatos -- poison.

Glad you enjoyed Casey's. Unfortunately, neither one of us likes corn dogs and I can't eat hot dogs (I love them, but they don't love me anymore).
I really liked it mixed with the vanilla soft serve, I would suggest trying it that way! It cuts out some of the tartness of the pineapple. (Plus then you could steal a little!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekkerdisneydreamer View Post
Chicken nuggets are usually a staple in my park diet if we don't get TS because I don't eat red meat, and these are really good! The french fries look decent, too!

Looking forward to more food!
I try to avoid fried foods while at the park because they can be so greasy, but these weren't at all!
Old 10-28-2010, 05:56 PM   #98
bellebookworm9
Future Au.D.

I've been lurking until now, but I just noticed you live in Rochester. I'm a sophomore at Geneseo! I love "meeting" people on here from the area. I'm loving your reviews so far!
*1992-Offsite *1994-Offsite *2/15-20, 2007-All Star Music *5/17-28, 2010-Kidani Village @ AKL Dining *10/7-11, 2011-Beach Club Villas Dining *1/10-11, 2012-Old Key West *1/2012-10/2013 WDWCP/Seasonal CM at Epcot Main Entrance *2/9-12, 2012-Coronado Springs *5/10-5/11, 2012-All Star Music Four Months of Disney Dining *5/22-26,2012-All Star Sports *5/26-27, 2012-Port Orleans French Quarter *12/17-21, 2012-Wilderness Lodge *5/7-10, 2013-Pop Century *7/24-30, 2013-Art of Animation *1/6-10, 2014 -Art of Animation *3/25-29, 2014-All Star Movies *3/29-30, 2014-Boardwalk Villas *5/18-23, 2014-Paradise Pier *8/13-18, 2014-Caribbean Beach *8/18-19, 2014-Grand Floridian Trip Report & Dining *12/14-19, 2014-Port Orleans French Quarter (TR in Progress) Dining *3/17-23, 2015-Coronado Springs-The Never Ending PTR! *10/9-13, 2015-Old Key West

bellebookworm9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:06 AM   #99
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellebookworm9 View Post
I've been lurking until now, but I just noticed you live in Rochester. I'm a sophomore at Geneseo! I love "meeting" people on here from the area. I'm loving your reviews so far!
Hi neighbor! Thanks for joining!!
Old 10-29-2010, 07:06 AM   #100
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

My review of Party for the Senses has been posted on the Disney Food Blog: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/1...or-the-senses/
Old 10-31-2010, 09:34 PM   #101
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Wishes Dessert Party

I planned something special for us that evening (okay: confession time...prior to our trip, I knew Geoff was going to propose before the end of the year. So I scheduled this for a time away from my parents, not so crowded, etc etc. Then he surprised me by proposing before the trip! And here I was trying to help him ) So we arrived right at 7, which was the time we were told to come. There was a line formed near the entrance, and CMs were going down the line and checking everyone in, giving us wristbands. Eventually (not that long) they led us into the area, all tables were assigned beforehand, but they did have some walk-ins. We wound up with a table right in the front! I scheduled it the first day it was available, I don't know if that affected our seating arrangements. They had other CMs coming around and clearing plates.

This was our view when we sat down:

Then we got up and got our snacks! This was my plate...I decided I'd just grab as much as I could so I wouldn't need to go back up for a while...

And Geoff's plate:

We also had some coffee and some Hot Chocolate...it was getting pretty chilly! But the beverages weren't that hot.

We never went up for a second plate...can you say sugar overload?

Overall: 7/10. The desserts were tasty, it was awesome having a "private" viewing area for Wishes. It was a really nice spot for viewing the fireworks:

The hot beverages weren't really hot (I suppose because kids were around ) So that was a bummer for me.

I enjoyed it, but it was just way too much sugar for me. There were lots of little kids around, and if I'm being honest, it's not the best idea to feed that much sugar to kids at night. Poor kids were running around and then getting yelled at! I mean, they were misbehaving, but the parents gave them all that sugar! What do you expect?! Sorry, rant over...

So long story short...I liked it, but I'm not entirely convinced that I'd do it again.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:39 PM   #102
jwwi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEM View Post
I was going to post EXACTLY the same sentiment!
Yum, Sweet Potato Pancakes. Add me to the list, I was so bummed when Boatwrights stopped serving breakfast. Not sure when I will fit this in to our trip, but I will!

OK, now I am all caught up. I really enjoy your food reports, and thank you for such honest descriptions. I will be sad to miss Food and Wine, all of your food looks so good. But I am happy to hear about the corn dog nuggets. I think they sell regular corn dogs in the park too, I guess we'll have to check it out.

Last edited by jwwi; 10-31-2010 at 10:09 PM.
jwwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:45 PM   #103
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Ooooh....those goodies look really, really good. I've thought of doing it, but I try to keep Mark from eating too many sweets.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:56 AM   #104
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

I thought about trying to schedule a Wishes Dessert Party for our trip but I was worried about sugar overload. Your plates look delicious though!

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
basketlacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:03 AM   #105
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
Yum, Sweet Potato Pancakes. Add me to the list, I was so bummed when Boatwrights stopped serving breakfast. Not sure when I will fit this in to our trip, but I will!

OK, now I am all caught up. I really enjoy your food reports, and thank you for such honest descriptions. I will be sad to miss Food and Wine, all of your food looks so good. But I am happy to hear about the corn dog nuggets. I think they sell regular corn dogs in the park too, I guess we'll have to check it out.
They sell regular corn dogs in the parks, but I don't know where I prefer the nuggets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Ooooh....those goodies look really, really good. I've thought of doing it, but I try to keep Mark from eating too many sweets.
It was so much sugar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
I thought about trying to schedule a Wishes Dessert Party for our trip but I was worried about sugar overload. Your plates look delicious though!
I have a sweet tooth and it overwhelmed me!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: