Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 07:42 PM   #46
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
4 more days till BWI CL!! Getting REALLY excited now!
This one's not a surprise for DS, is it? What is he going as for Halloween?

Have a great time
Old 10-28-2010, 07:50 PM   #47
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
This one's not a surprise for DS, is it? What is he going as for Halloween?

Have a great time
Nope- everyone knows this time!

He is going to be a pirate skeleton. It came with a mask that he will wear here to trick or treat on Sunday. We have an appointment at the Pirate League on Monday before MNSSHP to get the cursed pirate face paint
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2010, 07:53 PM   #48
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Nope- everyone knows this time!

He is going to be a pirate skeleton. It came with a mask that he will wear here to trick or treat on Sunday. We have an appointment at the Pirate League on Monday before MNSSHP to get the cursed pirate face paint
Sounds like he's going to have Halloween twice - every kid's dream.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:57 PM   #49
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
4 more days till BWI CL!! Getting REALLY excited now!
I hope you have a great time and enjoy staying there as much as I did.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:54 AM   #50
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Sounds like he's going to have Halloween twice - every kid's dream.
Yeah, there was no way he was flying out on Sunday and missing it! I am just so glad they decided to do MNSSHP on 11/1 again this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
I hope you have a great time and enjoy staying there as much as I did.
Thanks!!! I just hope we get our 4th floor room request
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 10-29-2010, 12:27 PM   #51
hill6
DIS Veteran

We just changed last night to the Club Level Garden Cottage at the Boardwalk for our upcoming trip.

I was wondering do they have to go cups for the coffee at the CL Lounge at the Boardwalk?

Saratoga Springs Nov 8-13 our First DVC trip
Old 10-29-2010, 12:50 PM   #52
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hill6 View Post
We just changed last night to the Club Level Garden Cottage at the Boardwalk for our upcoming trip.

I was wondering do they have to go cups for the coffee at the CL Lounge at the Boardwalk?
Yes they have to go cups in their lounge.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:21 PM   #53
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyDec2008 View Post
BOARDWALK INN:

The Boardwalk Inn Information Thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=234355 (Started 7/19/2002 - that is not a typo!! - by DemonLlama)

Contact Information:
Phone: (407) 934-1448
Fax: (407) 934-1487
Email: Boardwalk.Itinerary.Planning@disneyworld.com
(Please do not contact the IPO until you have a confirmed reservation.)

From the Sept 2008 Concierge/Club Level Information Thread:
Nov 2008: Boardwalk Inn rooms:
Thanks to tete01830: "Heard back from IPO about the standard room Club Level views. They are GV, PL, or BW view on the 3rd and 4th floor. A request can be submitted but not guaranteed...."

Thanks to paladin: "The BWI deluxe rooms do all have Boardwalk view - some are on the third floor, some are on the fourth (which is where the lounge is). Standard CL rooms are also on both the third and fourth floor.
The deluxe rooms all have two queen beds and a sleep sofa (not sure if it is a double or a queen).
There are two televisions (unless they changed this with the recent rehab). The "extra" part of the room is set up as a sitting area with a lamp, sleep sofa, coffee table, chair and armoire with second television. It's a fairly large area, so it does make the room quite a bit larger than the standard rooms - it has a nice roomy feeling."

The following information was found on Allears.net: http://allears.net/acc/faq_bw.htm Boardwalk Inn Fact Sheet
“What about the Concierge Rooms and Garden Suites?
The BoardWalk boasts Concierge Service (the Innkeeper's Club) and beautiful Garden Suites, in addition to its already well-appointed rooms.
Concierge service offers deluxe rooms with added amenities such as: robes, TV speaker in the bathroom, deluxe nightly turn down service, and continental breakfast buffet. Most rooms are on the 4th floor. Concierge level guests have their own private lounge and private access. Epcot's IllumiNations can be seen nightly from the balcony in the Concierge Lounge.
The Concierge Lounge "Innkeeper's Club " hours of service are: Continental Breakfast from 7 to 10 a.m.; Refreshments from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.; Tea and Sweets from 3 to 4:30 p.m.; Wine and Cheese Selections from 5 to 6:30 p.m. and Cordials and Desserts from 7 to 9 p.m.
The Garden Suites are designed for Honeymooners but can easily accommodate a family of four and are two stories. There are 14 Garden Suites and all but three have private entrance courtyards. The three that do not, have private balconies. The yards are separated by white picket fences that are about 3 feet tall. Each of the front yards are individually landscaped. At the gated entrance to the yard, there is a small decorative bird house with the room number on it. These front yards lead to the one and only entry way of the suite, and are being grown into manicured rose gardens.
There is a living room on the first floor and a bedroom loft on the second floor. The first floor has a TV, 1/2 bath, bread bar, and a queen size sofa bed. The 2nd level loft, in most cases, overlooks the lower level which creates a very large, vaulted ceiling effect. The three with private balconies have more of an actually separate second level. Either way, the second level features an elevated King size bed. Upstairs you will also find an addition TV, and a full bath with a giant Jacuzzi tub that will easily accommodate two people. There is even a third mini TV for viewing while in the Jacuzzi tub.”

Thanks to CR Resort Fan 4 Life for finding this youtube video: "Innkeeper's Club Concierge Lounge + Offerings Boardwalk Inn":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7wlqdTIpb4

Thanks to CR Resort Fan 4 Life for these (August 2010) pictures of the lounge:

Thanks to iluvpluto27 for these (October 2009) pictures of the lounge offerings:

Breakfast
Selection of cereals

Fruit selection, V8 and yogurts

Grapefruit halves, apple and raspberry turnovers (these were gorgeous), chocolate pastries and cinammon rolls in the back.

Condiments, croissants, and bagel selection.

Evening Offerings.
Bread, hummus and dips selection

Cheese Plate - I loved the soft, white cheese in the middle (there were crackers for the cheese too, I just didn't get them in the picture)

Vegetable plate and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

These selections were there each evening, but the hot offerings changed each night. Tonight it was vegetable spring rolls and pork wontons, with two types of sauce. On the previous night it was a pasta dish and chicken wings.

These photos were taken at 6:30 near the end of the evening offerings, and as you can see there was still plenty of food left.

I only got a picture of the desserts we chose on a couple of nights, rather than when they are actually set out in the lounge. Each night they had around 3-4 different choices of dessert, as well as cookies. As soon as one choice had run out, a member of staff was bringing out more.

Chocolate covered strawberry (delicious), fruit tart and chocolate mousse

Some sort of pineapple parfait and a chocolate covered strawberry.
[/QUOTE]

Ah, memories of last week at the BW's Garden Suites!
Thanks for posting.
All the best.
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (38 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:06 PM   #54
Minniemiss
DIS Veteran

WL room recommendations

We are staying CL at WL does anyone have recommendations? Are the views the same?
Old 10-30-2010, 12:14 PM   #55
hill6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post

Ah, memories of last week at the BW's Garden Suites!
Thanks for posting.
All the best.

Great. We will be in a garden suite in 18 days.

Old 10-30-2010, 12:15 PM   #56
hill6
DIS Veteran

Does it make sense to do online check in if you have CL room?

Also since we have a Garden Cottage is there any issue if we wanted to bring the food back to our room?

Last edited by hill6; 10-30-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:08 PM   #57
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hill6 View Post
Does it make sense to do online check in if you have CL room?

Also since we have a Garden Cottage is there any issue if we wanted to bring the food back to our room?
Personally since online check-in has started we never used it because once we arrive a Cast Member has always been there to meet us at the main entrance, who then takes us up to our floor so we can check-in and it's a very fast process.

As for taking food back to your room there is no problems doing that, although unless you are taking something hot back by the time you get there it could get could. Of course instead of walking all the way back to the elevator you can take the stairs all the way to outside of where the Garden Suites are located, because they are located closer to the lounge.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:20 PM   #58
Elise79

DISboards Moderator

CR fan - I have a couple of questions I am hoping you may be able to answer

We are staying on the 14th floor in a standard room.

Firstly if I request chocolate milk when we check in for DD for breakfast time will they have it avaiable? I have read your post were they said that they has a limited supply on the 12th floor and I wondered if I specifically requested it they would be able to get some for us?

Secondly we are staying at BLT on DVC points so will just moving across early in the morning - will there be someone available to check us in at say 9am?

Lastly I would like to order a chocolate monorail to be in our room the first night - am I better off going through IPO or would I be able to talk to the lounge staff will be are at BLT?

Thanks

July 2014 - OKWApr 2014 OKW & NYC Dec 2013 - BLT July 2013 - OKW April 2013/Dec 2012 - BLT June 2012 - BLT & OKW Feb 2012 - OKW Sept 2011 - BWV & BLT May 2011 - BCV & BLT Nov 2010 - BLT & CR Tower Club May 2010 - BLT Sept 2009/March 2009/April 2008/Sept 2007/Sept 2006 - CSR Feb 2008 - DLRP Newport Bay (First DLRP Trip) April 1999 - WDW Offsite in Villa June 1998 - WDW Offsite July 1989 - WDW Offsite
Old 10-30-2010, 02:33 PM   #59
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise79 View Post
CR fan - I have a couple of questions I am hoping you may be able to answer

We are staying on the 14th floor in a standard room.

Firstly if I request chocolate milk when we check in for DD for breakfast time will they have it avaiable? I have read your post were they said that they has a limited supply on the 12th floor and I wondered if I specifically requested it they would be able to get some for us?

Secondly we are staying at BLT on DVC points so will just moving across early in the morning - will there be someone available to check us in at say 9am?

Lastly I would like to order a chocolate monorail to be in our room the first night - am I better off going through IPO or would I be able to talk to the lounge staff will be are at BLT?

Thanks
Well what I meant was the 12th floor has a limited supply of Nestle Nesquik Milk in mini bottles, because both floors have chocolate milk available in the lounges that poor out. However they shouldn't have problems if you request it from the 12th floor.

Anyone staying at Bay Lake Tower also checks-in at the Contemporary because Bay Lake Tower doesn't have it's own check-in desk in their lobby, so there are always going to be Cast Members working that early. Now chances are your room won't be ready that early so you can leave your luggage with Bell services.

Finally according to the Contemporary room service menu it would require 24 hours notice when ordering the Chocolate Monorail, so I would try to order the day beforen you want it or speak to the Cast Members working on the Tower Club 14th floor when you are staying up there.
Old 10-30-2010, 03:11 PM   #60
Elise79

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Well what I meant was the 12th floor has a limited supply of Nestle Nesquik Milk in mini bottles, because both floors have chocolate milk available in the lounges that poor out. However they shouldn't have problems if you request it from the 12th floor.

Anyone staying at Bay Lake Tower also checks-in at the Contemporary because Bay Lake Tower doesn't have it's own check-in desk in their lobby, so there are always going to be Cast Members working that early. Now chances are your room won't be ready that early so you can leave your luggage with Bell services.

Finally according to the Contemporary room service menu it would require 24 hours notice when ordering the Chocolate Monorail, so I would try to order the day beforen you want it or speak to the Cast Members working on the Tower Club 14th floor when you are staying up there.
Thanks

With regard to check in I was wondering how early the club level CMs start checking in upstairs.

We stayed at BLT in May so am very familiar with the contemporary just want to make sure we get the full club level experience as it is likely to be the only time we get to do it

Bell services will have all our luggage as we will get them to collect it from us at BLT to move it to the Tower.

Also if I talked to lobby conceige do you think I would be able to speak to the lounge CMs the day before our CL check in to order the monorail?

July 2014 - OKWApr 2014 OKW & NYC Dec 2013 - BLT July 2013 - OKW April 2013/Dec 2012 - BLT June 2012 - BLT & OKW Feb 2012 - OKW Sept 2011 - BWV & BLT May 2011 - BCV & BLT Nov 2010 - BLT & CR Tower Club May 2010 - BLT Sept 2009/March 2009/April 2008/Sept 2007/Sept 2006 - CSR Feb 2008 - DLRP Newport Bay (First DLRP Trip) April 1999 - WDW Offsite in Villa June 1998 - WDW Offsite July 1989 - WDW Offsite
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: