Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2010, 07:18 PM   #301
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

A bottle of vodka!!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 11:48 PM   #302
dpisaacs
Earning My Ears

love the over-the-door shoe holder idea
dpisaacs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2010, 12:25 AM   #303
daraddg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly Frog View Post
Just a FYI, when I see a child with one of these on, my thought is GREAT PARENT! I think they are wonderful. So much easier on the child than holding their hand, and so much safer for them too.

Me too! I read an article once written by someone in Europe where these are apparently much more common and their point was everyone advocates for putting their dogs on a leash for their(the dogs)protection, they dont know not to run away or run in traffic etc and is the sign of a caring pet owner why should it be different for your children? I'd much rather deal with stares then have that feeling of dread when I can't find my child in a crowd!
Old 10-29-2010, 07:55 AM   #304
Rekenna
DIS Veteran

Back-Pack Leashes are always a must pack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daraddg View Post
Me too! I read an article once written by someone in Europe where these are apparently much more common and their point was everyone advocates for putting their dogs on a leash for their(the dogs)protection, they dont know not to run away or run in traffic etc and is the sign of a caring pet owner why should it be different for your children? I'd much rather deal with stares then have that feeling of dread when I can't find my child in a crowd!
We are definetly pro back-pack leash. Different children need different things. DS11 never needed one, he would always stay by my side no matter what (still does), DS4 is a wild man and will bolt at the first opportunity. DS2 has non-verbal autism and does not respond to his name when called-talk about scary! To be honest, I double-dog-dare anyone to give us snide looks/rude comments for protecting our children. People need to mind their own business.

Wow-didn't mean for that to be grumpy-it just came out!
Rekenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:58 AM   #305
Rekenna
DIS Veteran

I also really like the vinyl/flannel table cloth idea for sitting squares. I was able to find some Christmas ones for our next trip. I was thinking if I cut a piece to fit the length of DS2 it would make a great changing pad! Who knew these tablecloths were so versatile?
Rekenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:18 PM   #306
Mama of Triplets
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreaming4now View Post
I dont have a lot of new tips to add, you guys have covered a lot of it!!! However, one that wasnt mentioned, I bought information (id) tattoos online for my son. It has the information under a pic of Mickey Mouse. Has If My Parents get lost, Please Call them at......(with our cell phone #s). I put the tattoo on him and it lasts all week. We also use the dog tag on a chain but i feel much better knowing the tattoo is there and its not going to fall off or Im not going to forget to put it on him one day, like a sticker or the dog tag. Its perfect for us!!! Just a thought....
LOVE this!!! Where did you get the Mickey Mouse ones from?

Mama of Triplets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 02:21 PM   #307
DISNEMOM
Mouseketeer

where do you get the folding shelves at?
DISNEMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 02:31 PM   #308
Holly324
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama of Triplets View Post
LOVE this!!! Where did you get the Mickey Mouse ones from?
I second that....where did you find them????

Holly324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 03:01 PM   #309
StitchFan73
Food Nerd

I will be honest and say I haven't read the entire thread but here's my contributions-hope they aren't repeats.

Body Glide-skinny or not-something ALWAYS rubs and chafes.

Ziplocs-great for storing snacks, keeping electronics dry and a million other things.

Pre-printed contact info labels-We put them on anything my DD buys with high hopes if it's lost some kind soul will find it and return it. Happy to report this led to more than one happy ending.

And carbabiners-I use them to attach everything to me or my backpack-like my refillable mug for instance.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carabiner
StitchFan73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 05:12 PM   #310
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Stitchfan73- Where did you find the body glide. Tried to find it at walmart and they looked at me really strange and brought me to the condoms..........Explained what it was and they then showed me Gold Bond and such. Ended up with Monkey Butt it is powder and worked Ok but would like to try the body glide
Thanks
Old 10-29-2010, 05:16 PM   #311
ClarabelleCowFan
Found Someone You Have
There's always a shortage of Barbie legs
I'm as coordinated as a drunk duck
Has never owned a guinea pig
If I see a vein I'm done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro Z View Post
Stitchfan73- Where did you find the body glide. Tried to find it at walmart and they looked at me really strange and brought me to the condoms..........Explained what it was and they then showed me Gold Bond and such. Ended up with Monkey Butt it is powder and worked Ok but would like to try the body glide
Thanks
You can buy it in Sporting Goods stores. I have seen it at Dick's Sporting Goods and Sports Authority.

ETA: Found it on Amazon too - http://www.amazon.com/BodyGlide-Body...8390638&sr=8-2

Good luck!
Old 10-29-2010, 05:22 PM   #312
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarabelleCowFan View Post
You can buy it in Sporting Goods stores. I have seen it at Dick's Sporting Goods and Sports Authority.

ETA: Found it on Amazon too - http://www.amazon.com/BodyGlide-Body...8390638&sr=8-2

Good luck!
Thanks, I should have thought of that!!
Old 10-29-2010, 07:00 PM   #313
StitchFan73
Food Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro Z View Post
Thanks
ClaraBelle is correct-they sell it at most sporting goods stores-but it's a bit expensive ($10)-so Amazon might have it priced a bit better.

We use for legs (well I do ) but also for our feet to help avoid blisters and to break in new shoes
StitchFan73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 08:00 PM   #314
noahdove
DIS Veteran

I just walked thru one of our Walmart's last weekend and body glide was in an aisle in a fairly good size bin near the health and beauty aid section...

noahdove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 08:20 PM   #315
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Thanks to all! I just went to amazon/body glide and found it. It was $7.99 but $5.25 for shipping. I'm gonna try a sporting goods store and Walmart again before I buy from amazon. Maybe save a few $$

Now I know what the packaging looks like and hopefully I will find it.

Great tips!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: