Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2010, 10:21 PM   #1891
tlh0726
DIS Veteran

Sitting here by the pool at POP doing laundry. I already posted what we did at our first MNSSHP on tues night. I will agree with skier pete, for us no real reason to do it again anytime in the near future. I think our main problem was just the congestion of the crowds. With areas being roped off and one ways due to the treat stops it totally disrupted flow patterns in the park. We also felt that we were constantly rushing from one place to another. Never did any rides. We did ask a cm and she said that they sell 22K tickets per night for these events
Old 10-27-2010, 10:36 PM   #1892
tlh0726
DIS Veteran

Duplicate post

Last edited by tlh0726; 10-31-2010 at 12:44 AM.
tlh0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2010, 01:20 AM   #1893
ambertides
DIS Veteran

We were there Tuesday and it was REALLY crowded, IMO. We ended up being about 30 minutes late and just not getting much done despite rushing around. My costume got demolished by people just pushing and shoving (not necessarily on purpose) and little kids grabbing on to me. We did get there late, so that might be why, but all night just seemed super crowded right up to maybe 11:30.

We're going to do it again next year, for sure (unless for some crazy reason they stop doing it). But probably earlier in October or even in September. It'll be hotter (probably), but I hope less packed.

We had fun other than the crowds.

If anyone here was the Sora/Donald/Goofy team, those were my favorite costumes of the night. The Jimminy in the hoodie with the journal was a great touch.

~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~
Alix (33)
Gluten Free @ WDW Photoblog | WDW Tumblog

Last edited by ambertides; 10-29-2010 at 01:11 PM.
ambertides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:58 PM   #1894
Bets19
Mouseketeer

Looking forward to my first MNSSHP on Monday!
Old 10-28-2010, 09:41 PM   #1895
WheelCEO
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfootlevi View Post
List of attractions that ARE open during MNSSHP:

Swiss Family Treehouse
Pirates of the Caribbean
The Magic Carpets of Alladin
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Haunted Mansion
The Hall of Presidents
Peter Pan's Flight
Prince Charming Regal Carousel
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Mickey's PhilharMagic
Snow White's Scary Adventures
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (I think this is closed on 11/1)
Tomorrowland Speedway
Astro Orbiter
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover
Stitch's Great Escape
Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor (closes at 10:00 PM)
The Barnstormer at Goofy's Wiseacre Farm
I rode space mountain during the party...
WheelCEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:46 AM   #1896
clarkinstlouis
Mouseketeer

Sitting at WL just back from the party. If you were there on Tuesday as we were, take the crowd, divide by half, and that was tonight. Relaxed, happy, no congestion, tons of candy (they were rationing on Tuesday) really a great night. so differant that Tuesday, so it just shows dont judge your night by past nights
clarkinstlouis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:56 AM   #1897
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bets19 View Post
Looking forward to my first MNSSHP on Monday!
We will see you there! Here's to hoping for low crowds since it is the day after Halloween
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:22 PM   #1898
mickeyboat
Nothing like the cream and chocolate combination
Thank you for omitting the footwear today
Moons are a sign of intelligence and beauty

We went on the 24th and I didn't think it was all that crowded. We rode some rides, got some candy and watched the second parade and fireworks (loved both!). There was a 10 minute wait at Dumbo and 5 minutes at Astro Orbiter. The TOT lines seemed long, but they moved quickly. We didn't wait in line many characters, though. There was definitely not enough time to do it all.

Space Mountain was open.

We got to the park at 10:00 and had dinner at CP. We left just before midnight. We were all completely exhausted!

So couldnít we all come to the conclusion that itís not the PLACE that counts, itís the people who contribute to it? - Delswife
mickeyboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:09 PM   #1899
ambertides
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkinstlouis View Post
Sitting at WL just back from the party. If you were there on Tuesday as we were, take the crowd, divide by half, and that was tonight. Relaxed, happy, no congestion, tons of candy (they were rationing on Tuesday) really a great night. so differant that Tuesday, so it just shows dont judge your night by past nights
Thanks for posting that. Seems we just got an "unlucky" night for crowds, then.

~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~
Alix (33)
Gluten Free @ WDW Photoblog | WDW Tumblog

ambertides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 04:34 PM   #1900
blondietink
DIS Veteran

Just got a chance to view my Photopass pics from the 19th when we were at MNNSP. They are awesome! We did the hitch hiking ghosts, Haunted Mansion hearse and 7 Dwarfs. We will be purchasing at least one from each setting. Those ghost pictures are really terrific. 40% off doesn't hurt too much, either.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:27 AM   #1901
The.Epcot.Man
Mouseketeer

Went on the 22nd and had an amazing time! Crowd was low, so low that they were handing out BAGS of candy when we left!

I went as Dr. Doofinschmirtz and had my hair done at the barbershop. When I went to pay, they said it was 'on the house', so I just handed them the $20 I was planning on paying anyway. They did such a good job I even had some folks ask to get their pic with me!
Old 10-30-2010, 10:55 AM   #1902
blondietink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Epcot.Man View Post
Went on the 22nd and had an amazing time! Crowd was low, so low that they were handing out BAGS of candy when we left!
We had the same thing happen on the 19th ... bags of candy handed out after you went through the exit. We had stayed until after the last show in front of the castle, and did our shopping at the Emporium on the way out. And it was the good stuff ... all chocolate!
Old 10-30-2010, 12:04 PM   #1903
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

I got home from WDW last night and went to three parties on my trip (10/24, 10/26, 10/28). The most congested we saw it was 10/24, but the others were fine. Even Space Mountain had a 5 minute wait every time we went past. The 28th didn't seem crowded at all, once you got out of the dwarfs line.

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 04:31 PM   #1904
WheelCEO
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Epcot.Man View Post
I went as Dr. Doofinschmirtz and had my hair done at the barbershop. When I went to pay, they said it was 'on the house', so I just handed them the $20 I was planning on paying anyway. They did such a good job I even had some folks ask to get their pic with me!
pics for proof? all i did was wear a doofenshmirtz shirt
WheelCEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 08:53 PM   #1905
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

We went on the 26th and it seemed pretty crowded. We got on line for the Dwarves at 6:30pm and the line was already very long. We got our picture taken right before 8pm. The family at the front on the line told me they got there at 6pm.

As it turns out we would have been better off waiting till later, walked by there about 11pm and the line looked about 15 minutes.

There was no wait at all for the Hag. There was a short wait for the photopass pic in front of the Haunted Mansion hearse. There was no wait at all and people just walking right on by the photopass photographer for the other ghost pic, I don't think most people knew what it was or they would have been stopping there.

We walked onto most rides and had good spots for Hallowishes and the parade. We loved the parade. I want to get that music, it was a very catchy tune.

We didn't get all that much candy but we really didn't need that much anyway. It wasn't worth the time it took to go around and get the candy, we threw away 90% of it. Next time I'll go to Walgreen's and buy one bag of something we actually like and just have that, lol.

Maybe if we hadn't spent so much time waiting for the Dwarves it wouldn't have seemed so busy to us since we really didn't wait all that long for anything else. That took such a large chunk of the evening that we felt somewhat rushed from that point on to fit in everything else we wanted to do and see.

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: