Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2010, 02:28 PM   #1876
WheelCEO
DIS Veteran

i enjoyed the party... but not for the halloween stuff. I felt like it was severly lacking in terms of "halloween". I typically visit horror nights, and the entire park is transformed.. you just have that feeling of "halloween". The best part was walking right onto every ride.
WheelCEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 02:36 PM   #1877
Virgderon
DIS Veteran

Giving it a try:

Virgderon is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2010, 12:46 PM   #1878
Amirah95
I'm ALLLLLLMOST there!

Now I'm contemplating standing in line for the dwarves. Ha!

Proud Disboards.com Member! Park Commando & Roadtripping Family! Mom of 2 Girls! I my Grandboy!
Maleficent/Dr. Facilier/Oogie Boogie/Scar/Yzma Villains Pin Collector & Trader *Planning Nut*
Packing for Kids Roadtrip Menu Stroller Debate Rider Switch Primer NJ Roadtrippers 2,000+ Mile Roadtrippers - II-III-IV
Amirah95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:41 PM   #1879
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Not so thrilled about MNSSHP

Hey there!

Just back from a great great trip - but I have to say the one disappointment of the trip was the MNSSHP. Not that it was bad, but it wasn't as good as I had hoped. Here's why:

To preface this, we spent the day at MK on Tuesday the 19th, and the park was just empty! We walked on Jungle Cruise at 3 PM. There was a 20 minute wait for Dumbo mid-afternoon, and most attractions were 10-15 minutes at their absolute worst, we raked in the FP since no-one seemed to be getting them. (We rode EVERYTHING in the park but Space Mountain and Winnie the Pooh between 9 AM and 4 PM, and only missed Space Mountain because though we had FP for it, the ride broke down as I got in line, so we decided to skip it.)

So then, we go for MNSSHP on Thursday, the 21st of October, and the crowds, the crowds the crowds! (Spent the day at the hotel, no other park.) It seemed like people were EVERYWHERE. I got in line for the dwarves at 6:35, the line was HUGE, but we saw them by about 7:25 PM so that wasn't bad. We went through a few trick or treat lines and got the ghost shot at HM with a very short wait, but before we knew it, it was 8:15 PM. We had decided to follow the stragety of skipping the first parade, and went over to toontown. The wait Mickey and Minnie was not too bad, maybe 15 minutes, but the Princesses were 45 minutes, and Fairies an HOUR! We decided to try later, and did Alice's treat trail. Again, big crowds of people waiting for candy...came around to tomorrowland for the dance party (Goofy, Stich, Chip and Dale jamming it), and by now it was time for Hallowishes.

Went to the front of the castle for this - enjoyed the show, loved the ending, but overall like Wishes better. Now it was 9:30 PM and yet there were still people already staked all over for the second parade...I thought the 2nd parade was supposed to be LESS crowded! Not for us, we got a spot around the hub @ 9:40 PM to wait where we could watch the 10:05 Villians show. Poor DD fell asleep, but woke up for the 10:30 Parade. Liked the parade a lot, but now it's close to 11 PM, so we spent almost 2 hours of the party hanging around the hub to see the shows. So we decide to head back to toontown to see the Princesses. Wait is STILL 25 minutes, (40 minutes for Fairies) but we do it anyways. By the time we get out it's 20 of 12 and DD is asleep on her feet. We go through the treat trail again - and they are clearly NOT handing out big handfuls of candy. Same as earlier. Overall, we got plenty of candy though, so not really complaining, but not the 5 lbs each many claim. Left the park a few minutes before midnight, and felt exhausted and had accomplished little. Saw the dwarves, the HM coach, Mickey and Minnie, The Princesses and Princes and that's it. Rode about 3 rides, and saw the parade / castle show and Hallowishes....overall it was worth going, but I would not rush back, and I could NOT imagine going 2 or 3 times on a single trip. Yeah, sure the rides were walk on, but we walked on rides all day on Tuesday, and didn't pay $50 a piece extra to do it. (We have APs, so you can't argue back that we would've had to pay for a park day anyways.)

So, while we enjoyed the party, I can't quite rave about it the way many do. It was a fun event that we enjoyed, but I will not be planning any future trips around it, though in a few years if we were back in September I might try it again at the hopes of lower crowds.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:45 PM   #1880
BEANTOWNDR7
To Infinity and Beyond

It was definitely worth waiting the 20 minutes we waited for the photo with all the Dwarfs.
November 2006 Disneyland - Peacock Suites
May 2007 WDW - AS Movies
February 2008 Disneyland - Peacock Suites
March 2009 WDW - Caribbean Beach Resort
October 2010 WDW - Bay Lake Towers
October 2011 WDW - Polynesian
November 2012 - Bay Lake Towers
October 2013 - Polynesian & Coronado Springs
January 2014 - Boardwalk

Me; Wife; Bre; Kenzie; Juli
BEANTOWNDR7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:18 PM   #1881
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

I was in line with skier_pete for the dwarfs

The kids and I did the party on Sunday night, and then again with family on Thursday. Thursday was definately way more crowded than Sunday. We saw so much more on Sunday, especially character lines. I felt like we spent way more time in line on Thursday. Crazy crowded.

We did the second parade on Sunday and the first parade on Thursday, and the crowds were about the same for both, so I wouldn't listen to the whole first parade being less crowded thing

We scored the most candy in front of Buzz right right before midnight. The CM said he didn't want to carry a full bucket back and was trying to empty it. He basically filled our bags
Old 10-26-2010, 10:33 PM   #1882
discorsner
DIS Veteran

I am wondering if there is ever a time to get villan autogrpahs? I see the original post that many don't sign at the party but are they ever out other times in October?

We are going to MNSSHP next year and I am trying to learn as much as possible from this year's thread. Both DS11 and DS8 (next year) have always been into getting the characters to sign. Just wondering what is possible so I can manage some expectations ahead of time!

TIA
January 2014 Wilderness Lodge/Disney Dream June/July 2013 Beach Club Villas/ Vero Beach/ Disney Dream January 2013 Disney Wonder November 2012 Boardwalk June 2012 AKV/ Disney Fantasy/ SSR January 2012 Split stay Boardwalk/Grand Floridian September/October 2011 Port Orleans Riverside June/July 2011 Split stay CBR and Beach Club May 2010 First time to Disneyland!!!May 2010 Pop CenturyAugust 2009 Off Property Rental HouseMay 2009 POFQ/ Disney Wonder/ PolynesianMay 2008 Disney Wonder/ All-Star SportsMay 2006 All-Star Movies August 2002 Coronado SpringsMay 2002 Wilderness LodgeJanuary - May 1998 WDW College Program May 1996 Caribbean BeachAugust 1994 Off-Property- 1st trip to the World!
discorsner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:31 PM   #1883
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

I looked in the first post where all the info is, but couldn't find an answer. I apologize if it's somewhere in the 100 pages of posts.... LOL

Is there a list of rides/attractions that are NOT open during MNSSHP?

We are going on Nov 1 and our full day in MK is Nov 3. I know we will spend a lot of time doing party specific things, but I'd like to knock out some of the "long wait time" items if possible.

Thanks!

LisaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:49 AM   #1884
tlh0726
DIS Veteran

.Just got back from attending our first MNSSHP. Met the dwarfs, the princes and princessess, the hag, cinderella's stepmom and sisters, tiana and naveen, malicifent, cruella, mad hatter, and buzz. Stopped at the dance parties but the kids didn't want to dance but we ,saw jessie and woody. And goofy, stitch, chip and dale. We caught the tail end of the first parade, sat in front of the castle for the fireworks, watched the 2nd parade from in front of the dance party building, and did the 1115 villian show

Apr 2014 Offsite, Aug 2013 Pop Century, Apr 2013 Fort Wilderness, Nov 2012 Pop Century, June 2012 Fort Wilderness, Mar 2012 Offsite,
Aug 2011 Offsite, Apr 2011 Pop Century, Oct 2010 Pop Century, Apr 2010 Fort Wilderness, Mar 2009 Pop Century, June 1997 Offsite, Dec 1996 Offsite
tlh0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:03 AM   #1885
AliceinMaryland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post

Is there a list of rides/attractions that are NOT open during MNSSHP?
I know jungle cruise was not open on atleast our 1st MNSSHP on Thursday Oct 21st. Don't know if it was a breakdown or if it was supposed to be closed.
AliceinMaryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 06:12 AM   #1886
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceinMaryland View Post
I know jungle cruise was not open on atleast our 1st MNSSHP on Thursday Oct 21st. Don't know if it was a breakdown or if it was supposed to be closed.
Wasn't open for us either since it was a candy stop.

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:50 AM   #1887
leadfootlevi
DIS Veteran

List of attractions that ARE open during MNSSHP:

Swiss Family Treehouse
Pirates of the Caribbean
The Magic Carpets of Alladin
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Haunted Mansion
The Hall of Presidents
Peter Pan's Flight
Prince Charming Regal Carousel
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Mickey's PhilharMagic
Snow White's Scary Adventures
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (I think this is closed on 11/1)
Tomorrowland Speedway
Astro Orbiter
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover
Stitch's Great Escape
Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor (closes at 10:00 PM)
The Barnstormer at Goofy's Wiseacre Farm

Have a great time. We'll be there on the first too!
leadfootlevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:26 PM   #1888
Finkerfell
Mouseketeer

I'm with you, Skier Pete- just about the same experience. It's like you need to go two times to really enjoy it, or you are just rushing from here to there! And that's a lot of money to do it twice!
Finkerfell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:26 PM   #1889
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfootlevi View Post
List of attractions that ARE open during MNSSHP:

Swiss Family Treehouse
Pirates of the Caribbean
The Magic Carpets of Alladin
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Haunted Mansion
The Hall of Presidents
Peter Pan's Flight
Prince Charming Regal Carousel
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Mickey's PhilharMagic
Snow White's Scary Adventures
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (I think this is closed on 11/1)
Tomorrowland Speedway
Astro Orbiter
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover
Stitch's Great Escape
Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor (closes at 10:00 PM)
The Barnstormer at Goofy's Wiseacre Farm

Have a great time. We'll be there on the first too!
Thanks! Just finished making my "lime green Mickey head badge" for my backpack!

LisaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:50 PM   #1890
LollipopPanda
Mouseketeer

We were there on the 24th. Our daughter threw up during the parade and we had to leave. We barely got to do anything. We rode two rides. We didn't even get a chance to see any characters. I wish I could get my money back for that evening. It was such a waste for us. On a happy note, DD felt better the next day and we were able to have a little fun.

(9), (5)
LollipopPanda is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: