Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 09:43 AM   #3391
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
Why did they have to charge extra for being upstairs? I mean there should have already been a pan under it, right? My last house had it upstairs. This one is in my garage and was very easy to hook up and drain. If this one croaks, I am replacing it myself

I did not have the relief valve open, but I did open two faucets on the first floor. I forgot to tell DW about the faucets when I made my first trip to Home Depot and she calls me and asks me what the heck that strange noise was. She thought one of our cats was getting sick! I also kept the same faucets open as I filled it to make sure all the air was out. I ended up having to fill and drain it a few times. After the first refill I had orange water coming out of the hot taps. After the second one it was good to go.
geez don, now you want them to lug it up to the second floor and remove the old one from the second floor for free!!! i guess you want them not to destroy your carpet and woodwork while there at it. theres a reason why there plumbers and not interior decorators. REPLACING IT YOURSELF!!! now heres we i make money!! computer guys installing water heaters. arcing water heater elements in a garage next to a tank full of gas.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

Old 10-26-2010, 10:50 AM   #3392
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
geez don, now you want them to lug it up to the second floor and remove the old one from the second floor for free!!! i guess you want them not to destroy your carpet and woodwork while there at it. theres a reason why there plumbers and not interior decorators. REPLACING IT YOURSELF!!! now heres we i make money!! computer guys installing water heaters. arcing water heater elements in a garage next to a tank full of gas.
Peanut butter YES I want them to do it for free! That's how much I pay myself Oh... and I normally make it a point to open the gas tank caps just before I ignite the propane torch Makes things more interesting!
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2010, 10:52 AM   #3393
prattpak
DIS Dad #479
Big tiki add those of us that have given our names on here

Quote:
I DONT PEANUT BUTTER BELIEVE THIS!!!! after everything my wife has gone through this year, losing her vision in her left eye. finding a tumor, radiation treatment,running to philly. this morning, i notice i have a white lump on the white part of my left eye! my eye dr. isnt in today, im going tuesday at 3:15. i did something i said i would never do again, look up medical things on the internet. it has felt like theres something in my eye every so often. a few weeks ago, i woke up and it felt like i had sand in my eyes.(our house is very dry) and im always sneezing this time of year so i didnt think anything about it. till today. hopefully and im praying it is, i think i have a pinguecula or a pterygium. my eye will get red on the botton half and it feels like i have something in my eye every so often. the feeling goes away for a few days and than it comes back. i dont drink but i may start!!! ill let you know how i make out tuesday afternnon.
My Momma always said, "You pee in the street, you get a sty in your eye". Have you peed in the street lately?
Member #479 DIS Dads
Me (Mark), DW (Wendy), DS (Christian), DD (Libby), DS (Robin) Sweet NEW logo
She deserves a cruise, right?
Old 10-26-2010, 11:27 AM   #3394
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Peanut butter YES I want them to do it for free! That's how much I pay myself Oh... and I normally make it a point to open the gas tank caps just before I ignite the propane torch Makes things more interesting!
Eyebrows are highly overrated.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:05 PM   #3395
Rental01
DIS Dadís Club Member #366

Mild CRUD/*PHEW*/CRUD!...

Driving back from the hospital last night while in a hurry to pick up my daughter from work so we could get to the Young Marines meeting I had a flat (driver's side front) on the highway in our roadtrip van (named "Oliver" - Top Gear fans will rejoice). Anyway, I slap on the dinky donut and get going and the ride gets REALLY squirrely. Figuring it's just an unhappy van dealing with the dinky donut as a drive wheel I swing by the house, swap our gear into the Sentra and get going.

So, that's the CRUD, the *PHEW* comes from a fear I had about the tires on this trip anyway. I'm glad that I blew the tire now and not in the middle of SC or Georgia somewhere. So, what's the other CRUD? I went to move the dinky donut to the rear of the van so it would drive better and I found the issue. My dinky donut was flat. I guess 10 years of it being lovingly carried around in the Oliver's bosom wasn't enough for it to hold it together in its hour of need. Slacker! Now I have to wait until Saturday when I can pull out the jack stands, take both the fronts off (including the dinky donut of DOOM) and drag them to discount tire. CRUD! At least my daughter's babysitting client is willing to come and pick her up instead of leaving her at home.

In other news, my family and I are desparately trying to get sick now so we can get it out of our systems before our trip. There's a MAN LAW at stake! 10-days out is the "sickness" limit. T-Minus 16 Days and counting!
Home School Dis Dad's Alliance

Old 10-26-2010, 12:23 PM   #3396
Wherem I Now
DIS Dad #30
29+85+77+26+95+4=FUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post
**Yawn** **Stretch** **Scratch**...

Hello boys, I'm baaaaaaaaaaack........

I'm still tired....
It sounds like your siestas are getting chorter and chorter...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Just got off the phone with WDW, talk about a Magical day, booked Harmony Barber Shop for my DS & I on Dec 9, what luck we got the 12:00 spot (Dapper Dan's come in and sing at noon) I've never had a haircut with live entertainment
Just learned two things: The Dapper Dan's come in and sing at noon, and you can make reservations at the barber shop. I thought that it was walk in and wait only which is the reason that I have never tried it. I'm thinking that I may need a haircut the next time we go.
#30 King of the house, ruled by the Queen, and overrun by Princesses (18,16,7)

1978, 6/91 DisneyMoon, 10/94 DVL, 10/00 1st trip with DD's, 1/03, 1/05, 1/06 DCL Wonder. 4/06 Bonus day after business trip, 1/07 1st trip for 3rd DD, 6/07, 8/08 "Resort Hopper Trip", 1/09, 10/10, 5/11 DCL Dream, 4/12 OKW, 6/13 DCL Dream & OKW
Old 10-26-2010, 12:23 PM   #3397
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by prattpak View Post
My Momma always said, "You pee in the street, you get a sty in your eye". Have you peed in the street lately?
this thing is strange. the white spot stays there but the feeling like something is in my eye only happens every few days for about 24 hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Eyebrows are highly overrated.
i was just on a boiler job last year. they couldnt get the boiler to fire.sorry, it was nat. gas. the tech had the pilot assembly in backwards. eveytime it went to start, the gas valve would open, start dumping gas but it wouldnt ignite until it rolled out under the burners and pooooff. we use alot of #2 fuel oil in our area. one of my guys went into a homeowners house who couldnt get the boiler fired. long story short, the homeowner cleaned the filter, a $1.10 filter, with GAS!!! the gas fumes hit the chamber and he lost the hair on his arm and half his face.im suprised it didnt blow the house of its foundation and kill eveyone. i see alot in one year what people try to do, sometimes there not that lucky.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!

Old 10-26-2010, 12:27 PM   #3398
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rental01 View Post
Mild CRUD/*PHEW*/CRUD!...

Driving back from the hospital last night while in a hurry to pick up my daughter from work so we could get to the Young Marines meeting I had a flat (driver's side front) on the highway in our roadtrip van (named "Oliver" - Top Gear fans will rejoice). Anyway, I slap on the dinky donut and get going and the ride gets REALLY squirrely. Figuring it's just an unhappy van dealing with the dinky donut as a drive wheel I swing by the house, swap our gear into the Sentra and get going.

So, that's the CRUD, the *PHEW* comes from a fear I had about the tires on this trip anyway. I'm glad that I blew the tire now and not in the middle of SC or Georgia somewhere. So, what's the other CRUD? I went to move the dinky donut to the rear of the van so it would drive better and I found the issue. My dinky donut was flat. I guess 10 years of it being lovingly carried around in the Oliver's bosom wasn't enough for it to hold it together in its hour of need. Slacker! Now I have to wait until Saturday when I can pull out the jack stands, take both the fronts off (including the dinky donut of DOOM) and drag them to discount tire. CRUD! At least my daughter's babysitting client is willing to come and pick her up instead of leaving her at home.

In other news, my family and I are desparately trying to get sick now so we can get it out of our systems before our trip. There's a MAN LAW at stake! 10-days out is the "sickness" limit. T-Minus 16 Days and counting!
olivers bosom. i hate them things. my dd bought a new car in april, its a chevy, here,you have to watch, they dont put spare tires in some new cars! they give you a can of fix-a-flat! i couldnt believe it. check it out the next time you read a new cars sticker.

Old 10-26-2010, 12:32 PM   #3399
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
HVAC TIP OF THE DAY!!
in most states, if you have a gas water heater in a garage, the bottom of the heater has to be 36 inch off the floor. if you fill your gas tank in the summer, stick your car in the garage,the gas fumes will expand and roll out and lay on the floor. water heater starts and bang.

Old 10-26-2010, 12:36 PM   #3400
Rental01
DIS Dadís Club Member #366

Quote:
olivers bosom. i hate them things. my dd bought a new car in april, its a chevy, here,you have to watch, they dont put spare tires in some new cars! they give you a can of fix-a-flat! i couldnt believe it. check it out the next time you read a new cars sticker.
It's really cool! There's this compartment inside the van between the front and 1st row of rear seats that holds the tire. Something else that's cool - it holds a bin that you can use for storage. I had no idea that bin was there.
Home School Dis Dad's Alliance

Old 10-26-2010, 12:40 PM   #3401
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rental01 View Post
It's really cool! There's this compartment inside the van between the front and 1st row of rear seats that holds the tire. Something else that's cool - it holds a bin that you can use for storage. I had no idea that bin was there.
my work mini vans a chevy and that spare is under the van in the rear. my town and country, it falls down from under the van behind the front row of seats.

Old 10-26-2010, 12:58 PM   #3402
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EddK8L6oiTU i love this one!!!! ill talk to you guys when i get home from the eye dr. hopefully i get some good news!

Old 10-26-2010, 03:10 PM   #3403
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

GOOD NEWS!!!i have pinguecula. white marks caused by dryness and alergies. all i need is blink eye drops. i have a mild case. use the eye drops everyday and it wont get inflamed. common in people who dont wear sunglass' and drink alot. odd, i dont drink and i wear sunglass'. that scared the peanut butter out of me. my eye dr. has them also! ok, now in ready for december!!!! again, thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers!!! ( i hope im done saying that for a while!!)

Old 10-26-2010, 03:19 PM   #3404
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

I hereby nominate BEVERLY as an alternate DDC expletive...with equaly rights, uses, and privledges as that of Peanut Butter.

HOT Peanut Butter!!!

PAGE OWNAGE!!!!
Old 10-26-2010, 03:24 PM   #3405
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Quote:
GOOD NEWS!!!i have pinguecula. white marks caused by dryness and alergies. all i need is blink eye drops. i have a mild case. use the eye drops everyday and it wont get inflamed. common in people who dont wear sunglass' and drink alot. odd, i dont drink and i wear sunglass'. that scared the peanut butter out of me. my eye dr. has them also! ok, now in ready for december!!!! again, thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers!!! ( i hope im done saying that for a while!!)

Don't forget to swing thru Jonesborough, TN and Pick me up!!!

Tags
club, dads, dis, man, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: